• This topic has 9 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by J J.
Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      • I need to get this out of my system. Some months ago, I had texted a next door neighbor in the apartment building if he thinks or heard of anyone seeing me crossdressed walking outside. He hadn’t. He replied by saying that I am free to live my life however I want to. He’s Christian. I’m Jewish, by the way. He’s a few years younger than I. I’m 46.

More recently, he texted that he had seen a woman leaving my apartment. He seemed genuinely surprised that it was me. We were within feet looking eye to eye. He chuckled by text.

A few moments ago, he asked what happened to my eyebrows. I’ve shaven them because the gluestick method doesn’t work for me. I said because of makeup. He said he’d pray for me and he added that he’s going to invite me sometime to play games or whatever next door with him and his wife.

I’ve explained before that I’m heterosexual and this has been an exploration in costuming and cosplay. This may be a sign that he still doesn’t fully get it. I thought the last text session when he chuckled at not even recognizing me dressed up might have resolved this.

Lynda Jones
      Baroness - Annual

Ha HA

I don’t think most others “fully get it” or ever really will.  Tell him pray for all of us.  Can’t hurt.

I agree with what it is that Nancy has said about most people not understanding what it is to be someone who is on the transgender spectrum. When it comes right down to it, if we are to be fully honest about it, those of us on the transgender spectrum don’t understand it ourselves. But that is ok. I’m coming to the place in my self acceptance where I have given up putting too much effort in trying to understand it. Instead I’m learning how to focus on just enjoying it. I grew rather leary and tired of trying to find a label for who I am and what I do. Leary and tired of trying to figure out just how it is that I would like people to perceive me and what I do. I’ve been learning that if I am true to myself, treat people with courtesy and respect and if I give to people from my heart there are plenty of people who like and embrace me for who I am. They don’t necessarily understand, nor can they relate to where it is that I am coming from with regards to my lifestyle choices, but they can embrace me.

Your reply made me smile.

Pray for us all indeed, Nancy. LOL!

Anonymous

Of course he doesn’t get it, but I wouldn’t take the ‘I’ll pray for you’ as anything other that what to him offering what he feels is a kindness. I think its more interesting that he suggested getting together with him and his wife to socialize over a board game. They may yet become true allies 🙂

I’ll take all the prayers I can get. If people are praying then they aren’t cursing you. When people don’t understand something they either laugh at it, fight it, ignore it, or try to understand it. Your neighbor seems to be trying to understand you. Just be open, trust your gut (instincts) and see if they become friends as has already been said it a previous comment. Let they bring up the questions in their own time. And answer honestly. If you don’t know the answer just say . Tell them you will find out. And when you do give them the answer. I hope this is the start of a long friendship

Anonymous

When someone prays for you, it doesn’t necessarily mean that they believe your soul is lost and need all the help you can get. Your neighbor is just being nice. Seems they want to get to know you better.

Bring over some Manischewitz, say the Kiddush, and enjoy some table games. Be honest about enjoying dressing female, less about cosplay.

J J
      Lady

“Pray for me” can taken or meant two ways. As support and a well wish for your happiness, or as a disapproval and hope to change you. Since he seems to be taking you revelation well, I suspect it is more the former and getting to know them better seems like a good idea.

I am a believer in “move forward with reversible results.” In other words, embrace the opportunity to get to know your neighbors with the knowledge that if they turn out to be disapproving you can always disassociate from further socializing. Religion does not have to be, and should be a factor in everybody getting along.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Relationship Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?