Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Since a lot of girls go through times of doubt and feel the need to purge, I wanted to address it from my perspective (plus, Grace is bored and wants some fresh forum topics). Purging has been discussed here already. But since I’m new here, I thought I would share my personal thoughts on the subject.

I do understand that a lot of girls go through times of doubt, shame, and embarrassment. I am fortunate to not have to deal with that but my heart goes out to all of you that struggle with the pink fog. It’s okay if you feel any of those things. Just, please, do yourself a huge favor and don’t purge. Perhaps, a better alternative is to just pack up all your girly stuff, nice and neat, and tuck it away for a while. I have read about a lot of girls who have purged and when the pink fog rolls in again they have to start over.

I am a borderline hoarder. I can’t stand getting rid of anything. About seven years ago, my panty collection became overwhelming and my wife really needed some dresser space. I cleaned out two full dresser drawers for her only keeping my most comfortable everyday thongs and panties which was still quite a lot. I put them all in a big plastic storage tub and just forgot about them.

I know. That’s not a purge at all. But here’s what I am getting at. I completely forgot that I had all those wonderful things hiding deep in my closet. A few weeks ago, I knew I wanted to go beyond underdressing which prompted me to go through some boxes in my closet. I found 48 pairs of thongs and panties that I had never even opened, stockings, leggings, yoga pants, and body stockings that I had never tried on. It was like a crossdressing Christmas and it was fabulous. I had previously only worn panties in public. So, I stepped up my underdressing game the next day and went out for the first time with a full set of sexy on under my clothes (a tight little teddy with attached garters, thigh highs, and a matching thong). What a glorious feeling it was.

Just two days ago, my wife reminded me about that big storage tub full of panties. My heart raced! I had totally forgotten about it. It’s full of all those cute, girly, lacy things that just weren’t my everyday stuff. Some are really nice like a few pairs of La Perla panties that I got on sale. I am giddy with excitement about opening that treasure trove hiding in the corner of my wife’s side of the closet. Now, I’ll be cleaning out some of my dresser drawers for my own things and packing up a bunch of drab clothes that fit better before I started drinking a lot of beer. I’ll box them up and save them for after I lose twenty pounds. Until then, Mika’s clothes need some room.

I have read that when a girl goes through a purge, the pink fog never goes away entirely. It always creeps back in and the need arises once more. If you have a period of doubt, just pack your things away until you feel ready to give in to the pink fog once more. You will save money in the long run and you will feel the excitement all over again. Just as you did when you bought those cute things long ago.

Terri
      Duchess

Mika,excellent advice. I starting buying female clothes and makeup in the late 70s. The first time I purged I threw everything out or put it in the clothiing drive bin. It wasn’t too long that I began to accumulate clothes and makeup again. The next time I purged I did like you and purchased a couple of storage bins and put them in my attic. That saved me a lot of money.
      Yours Terri

Thanks, Terri. I’m kinda new to crossdressing but I have gotten  a renewed interest in some things I had given up before. In every instance, it was always such a relief to not have to make that initial investment all over again.

Anonymous

If I had the money that I spent on clothes I later purged I would not be in debt, I have always made good money when I worked and thus spent good money on clothes which were higher quality and would last a long time. But either my wife caught me or I was afraid she’d catch me and so I’d purge things and then fall into the “pink fog” and have to start all over again. So I agree with Mika and say don’t throw anything away, just box it up and put it in a storage unit and soon you can have a day you pull it out and find all the things you stored and forgot about. And always, have fun and enjoy yourself.

Thanks, Jessica, for sharing that. I know a lot of girls haven’t had “the talk” with their SO or they have and it didn’t go as well as they had hoped. That seems to be one of the more common reasons that a lot of girls here have purged. So, you aren’t alone. I don’t mean to pry but has your own circumstances at home changed  with your wife? Have you been able to open up to her about your feelings?

Anonymous
      Lady

Mika I do agree with you, with an exception…  I lost quite a bit of weight and have worked VERY hard at keeping it off and looking better. I finally went through my things that I had “hoarded” that just flat looked frumpy, worn out or to big and got rid of them. I don’t really consider this a purge, but we do have a tendency to hang on to things a little too long. Plus it gives you room to go shopping!!

I do like your idea of storing things and cycling through them. That actually works very well if you do it seasonally. Actual purging is devastating to you and your wardrobe and should be very carefully evaluated prior to rash actions.

As for Grace, I am going to help her purge and raid her leopard prints… Or is that robe her blind?  Either way, I get new stuff. 😂😂

🍷C

There’s definitely nothing wrong with that. Especially if you are going into it with the full intention of buying new things. I’ve actually been through this with my drab clothes. My weight has been up and down and up and down and back up once more over the past 15 years. The different was 50 pounds and some smaller 25 pound swings in the middle. The first couple weight changes prompted me to purge a lot of my drab clothes. As my weight changed again, I was wishing I hadn’t gotten rid of a lot of things and finally started packing things away. Presently, four out of five of my corsets are too small for me. Since I didn’t get rid of them, they are my motivation to lose some weight now. It’s hard for me to hand onto large clothes from before weight loss. I tell myself that I don’t want to be that size again and getting rid of them was my way of committing to my slimmer lifestyle. But occasionally unforeseen things came up in my life and I did gain weight again. Luckily, I had packed some things away and didn’t have to buy a lot of new things. But if money isn’t an issue, then why not get a fresh wardrobe.

Anonymous
          Lady

Mika I understand what you are saying about weight fluctuations. Several years ago I found my weight had crept up to a point I personally found unacceptable and was yet again looking at another size larger for both of my wardrobes. I decided at that time to do something about it. It was a slow and gradual process but eventually was worth about 55 lbs. I did keep my older clothes for quite some time, but many just didn’t fit. I now have a target weight and an upper max weight that I keep very close tabs on. I have spent WAY to much money on my clothes to ever want to purge or replace them due to fit. I know I kind of high jacked the topic a bit but purging is such a volatile subject that I believe we have all been through that I thought hopefully a positive spin might help. Now lets all hit those black friday weekend sales!

🍷C

Oh, I don’t consider it a hijack. Every perspective is worth consideration and I didn’t cover everything in the original post. Besides, additional conversations are just as helpful. My weight fluctuations over the past six years have, at least, given me a target range too. When I get close to the upper end, I tend to notice that by my shape in the mirror and the way my clothes fit before I ever step on the scale.

Anonymous

Hi Mika

Living alone, I have all the space for clothes for me !!, but it’s still never enough…I keep buying, and I would never purge …(horrible word)………I just make more space by throwing out ” his” clothes…..and golly gosh girls…is he running on fumes!!!!!

oh, and incidentally, my cerise underwear and leopard print is locked away behind ” retina recognition security” doors….hehe

love, grace ❤️

That’s so wonderful, Grace! You always make me giggle. I’m packing up more drab clothes for my in person purchases today. And all my online Black Friday purchases will be trickling in starting Wednesday. I might have to appropriate the guest room closet soon!

After my last purge (Oct 2019) I swore if I returned I would never purge again.

I have however purged much of my male side and all his baggage,habits and hang ups.

Have not missed one single MALE item, not ONE!

Rei was the hole in my life I had tried for so long to fill with all manner of distractions.

I’m packing up a lot of drab today to make room for my Black Friday deals. And I have a bunch more online deals that should start arriving Wednesday that I’ll have to make room for. I totally relate to how you feel about your femme side being what was missing from your life. I hadn’t realized it myself until recently despite having known I was part female for almost 30 years. The planets must have aligned just right and made this the time for Mika to shine through and I am happier now than I have ever been.

Mika

Great topic!  Thankfully way back many years ago, my purge was very minor.  My life and attitude were much different as well.

Great advice though.

Luckily for me, I have an empty apartment and a spare closet!  😁

Robyn is going back in the closet either!  She’s out front and here to stay!!

❤️❤️❤️

Having extra space definitely makes you one of the lucky ones. I have more drab packing to do today. A lot. Lol.

I’ve purged at least 2 times in the past, and looking back I really regret doing so as the stuff I purged can no longer be purchased, well you can but at a much higher price point and correct sizing is a challenge.

Some of the stuff I really regret purging is the 80s – 90s style aerobic wear, the spandex/lycra bodysuits and leggings.  I see those on ebay from time to time but since it is vintage, I am not willing to pay the price being asked.

I also had some nice vintage one piece swimsuits too, but now it is all gone.

OMG, I love those high-hip aerobic outfits. You just have me a flashback of the Solid Gold dancers.

I still don’t have my own women’s clothes, but one thing I’m sure is I don’t EVER want to purge. If I ever be close to that, I would simply put everything in a box as my sisters here said.

I’m JUST building my wardrobe and I couldn’t think of getting rid of anything. I don’t even part with my men’s clothes as I go through weight changes. It’s easier to open a box of clothes that I can finally wear again versus buying all over again.

[postquote quote=412922]

Yes !!  It is very similiar to what I had.  I would still have them if I didn’t purge.

Hi Mika. I agree with you on not purging. I regrettably have purged twice but I’ll never do it again. I can still remember the clothes I had accumulated and miss each and every thing I got rid of. Things that can be replaced but replacement items don’t have the memories of the ones I purged For instance. I had a little black dress that I purchased when I began crossdressing. It fit me like it was custom made for me and I remember wearing it when I began going out in public and getting favorable comments on how it looked. I haven’t yet to find a dress like it although I have tried many times to find one I do have a black dress now that satisfies me but I still wish I had the one that I purged. I have quite a collection of women’s clothing and intimates to choose from, but still miss the clothing I have purged and regret not having saving them. So ladies, don’t purge.you will be sorry you did You’ll regret it if you do

Even though I’m still new to complete crossdressing, I’ve underdressed for 10 years 24/7. Luckily when I found the perfect thong, I stocked up because it has been discontinued. If I had ever purged, I would be out of luck.

I’ve always regretted the purge(s)! I wish I would go back and convince myself not to! I miss that baby doll chemise, that mini-dress with the flared skirt, the body-con dress. Even the more conservative pinafore. Sometimes I forget that they are gone and go looking for them and am frustrated that I can’t fine them. Girls: never purge!

I just found a Rubbermaid tub full of panties. Hundreds of pairs. I packed them up over five years ago in favor of more practical everyday panties. I have to clear out an entire drawer of drab but I can’t wait to see what all is in there.

Kathleen
      Duchess

Ah to have a time machine what different choices I would make…

I might have purged some men’s skinny jeans five years ago. They were so skinny that they looked like low rise women’s skinnies except they were cut with a little more room up front. I’ve been hunting for them to wear in drab. I’d borrow that time machine from you.

That’s a good point about older clothes. If you need to make space for some things that might be worn more often it’s definitely a good thing. But like you said, there could be that certain something that you might want to wear later.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?