Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey Girls.
      I am thinking of buying a new bike. I am looking at a new Honda 125 trail.  Over 100 mpg and will go anywhere. I am looking at horse power vs scenery. I have a hopped up Vmax now. It is fun but stupid. I have made it so stupid that I am afraid to ride it. I can’t ever sell it either. Some one will die on it.
      Now back to my next dream bike. The trail 125. What do you girls think?

Oh Octavia, aren’t we the pair.  I’ve got a 79 Sporty sitting in the back of the garage but the bike I love to ride is my 71 Honda Time Trials 125.  It’s just all beat up and reworked but it is what I tool around with on our farm.  It’s really total fun and very forgiving.  The 125 is  not a Triumph but you can easily play Steve McQueen on it if you can take the rash (probably not recommended).  Over the years, I’ve owned a 51 Indian Chief, a 650 Triumph Bobber, a 81 Suzuki 850 shaft drive, a Cushman scooter and a  74 Honda 200 but the 71 Time Trial bike is the one that I’ve ridden the most and had the most fun on.  So, yes, yes, get the bike!  Enjoy the ride and have blast.  Just watch for the wildlife and wear your protective gear.    Marg

Go for it, why not? I was thinking about getting a fun small bike as well but for local use since gas is so expensive now. I always had a bike 1963, 1977, 1981 Sportsters, 1951, 1962 Pan Heads, 1973 Shovel Head and a 2008 Harley Cross Bones. Still have the Shovel and want to restore it but time and money are against me lol Just do it, have fun and ride safe.

Michelle 💋💋

I would love the cushman. Redone in a sea foam blue. I have been looking for one for years. My boys race ktm. Youngest one is looking for a 125. He is big and ready for the 250 but he wants something that he can throw in the air. He has friends that are sponsoring  two stroke only races. My friends too. They had a band this year and double the entrees this for this year’s race. Second annual race. I miss that life. Youngest one likes to crash so I have been trying to keep him away. That is not working at all. When he was little and broke his arm and shoulder and could only wear my Hawaiian shirts, they made a Hawaiian day for him at the last race of the season. Everyone wore coconut boobs and a skirt. I loved that. Then at night we had a big luau.
      We have not raced for several years but they still do that every year.

Ahhhh, for a time machine and to go back to the days when I had no fear and healed overnight.   On the other hand, I didn’t have much money then and wasn’t as smart as I am now.  By the way, the Cushman and the Indian had some legend to them but were my absolute worst machines.

lol,  Marg

I found a ct 90 for $400. It needs a little love and is a 67. His brother has a 72 that is mint. They won’t do a package deal. That 72 is worth about $6800.

Ginah H
      Lady

I keep thinking that I should get something more sensible too…but then my 2000 unrestricted Hayabusa is “fairly” sensible…..

Oh damn now y’all are making me miss my ’06 Triumph Bonneville T100 in white/orange livery. Loved that thing. It performed admirably on the Tail of the Dragon against my friends who were all on cruisers at the time. I had to sit and wait at the end for them as they puttered through 😋

Gwyneth
        Lady

I’ve driven the Tail in a PT Cruiser and an F350. I would love to take my Burgman for a ride on it.

Gwyn

Anonymous

I know so little about bikes, never rode one except as a passenger. Someday, I’d like to own one, but more afraid of other drivers than the bike itself.

I’ve been told, on this forum, that women shouldn’t ride motorcycles like a man. Still trying to figure out that now removed post. Removed for my accurate reply, not the offensive post.

Eileen

Wow! I never realized how many people like us ride. How many of you ride dressed? What is the reception that you receive? This is amazing!!!

When I ride I have full leathers and mirrored full face helmet.

Gwyneth
      Lady

I wanted a Harley 1200 Sportster. I looked at a Yamaha V star 1300, a 650 Vstar, an older 1600 Roadstar, a Honda 750 Shadow, and a Suzuki C50. All of them made me nervous. I settled on a 650 Burgman. I feel much more comfortable on this. No doubt it looks more girly.

Gwyn

I rode Hondas for years. Now I am a Harley rider. We have several and my wife rides her own as well. I have never rode dressed as Maive but never say never!!!!!!! We are headed to Gettysburg for the bike rally there this weekend. Buy a bike that suits your reason for riding. If it is to travel the bigger the better for comfort. But if it’s for local riding the trail bike is perfect. Ride safe everyone!!!!

I’m contemplating getting a bike to ride at the lake house, for quick trips to the store and just for fun. I was thinking about the Trail 125 also, but I have memories of my sister burning her leg on the exhaust when she was riding as a passenger. I don’t want that happening to my wife. I’m leaning towards a Honda PCX 150, a Yamaha Zuma 125 or a Suzuki Burgman 200. The Honda is the front runner right now, based on price and size.

Gwyneth
        Lady

At least on my Burgman 650, the outer casing on the muffler housing doesn’t get hot.

I had a Suzuki 125, and an Ossa 250 back in the 70s. They were both great bikes but when the babies came into my life I could not afford repairs (I tended to ride on the edge off-trail.)
      Now my depth perception is failing and I would be too scared to ride rough.

I have looked at the ktm e-bikes. I am impressed with them. We do track. I want something that I can take on the road and I really have not looked into that much.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?