- May 30, 2022 at 6:06 pm #648996Octavia LongParticipantRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 66Replies: 143Has thanked: 963 timesBeen thanked: 1177 times
I am thinking of buying a new bike. I am looking at a new Honda 125 trail. Over 100 mpg and will go anywhere. I am looking at horse power vs scenery. I have a hopped up Vmax now. It is fun but stupid. I have made it so stupid that I am afraid to ride it. I can’t ever sell it either. Some one will die on it.
Now back to my next dream bike. The trail 125. What do you girls think?
- June 5, 2022 at 9:53 am #650308GwynethLadyRegistered On: January 21, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 219Has thanked: 1436 timesBeen thanked: 836 times
I wanted a Harley 1200 Sportster. I looked at a Yamaha V star 1300, a 650 Vstar, an older 1600 Roadstar, a Honda 750 Shadow, and a Suzuki C50. All of them made me nervous. I settled on a 650 Burgman. I feel much more comfortable on this. No doubt it looks more girly.
- June 5, 2022 at 9:33 am #650305Veronica MayLadyRegistered On: June 5, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 3Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 15 times
Wow! I never realized how many people like us ride. How many of you ride dressed? What is the reception that you receive? This is amazing!!!
- June 5, 2022 at 9:28 am #650302Eileen BachBaronessRegistered On: February 27, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 294Has thanked: 155 timesBeen thanked: 1178 times
I know so little about bikes, never rode one except as a passenger. Someday, I’d like to own one, but more afraid of other drivers than the bike itself.
I’ve been told, on this forum, that women shouldn’t ride motorcycles like a man. Still trying to figure out that now removed post. Removed for my accurate reply, not the offensive post.
- This reply was modified 2 weeks ago by Eileen Bach.
- June 3, 2022 at 3:10 am #649753Darcy GrigsbyDuchessRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 30Replies: 187Has thanked: 50 timesBeen thanked: 1080 times
Oh damn now y’all are making me miss my ’06 Triumph Bonneville T100 in white/orange livery. Loved that thing. It performed admirably on the Tail of the Dragon against my friends who were all on cruisers at the time. I had to sit and wait at the end for them as they puttered through 😋
- June 2, 2022 at 9:17 pm #649735Ginah HLadyRegistered On: February 15, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 11Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 37 times
I keep thinking that I should get something more sensible too…but then my 2000 unrestricted Hayabusa is “fairly” sensible…..
- June 2, 2022 at 8:33 pm #649730Octavia LongLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 66Replies: 143Has thanked: 963 timesBeen thanked: 1177 times
I found a ct 90 for $400. It needs a little love and is a 67. His brother has a 72 that is mint. They won’t do a package deal. That 72 is worth about $6800.
- May 31, 2022 at 7:10 am #649126Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 49Replies: 1404Has thanked: 382 timesBeen thanked: 5149 times
Try looking at Ebikes. More eco friendly and you’ll also get the benefit of some exercise.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- June 2, 2022 at 9:20 pm #649736Octavia LongLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 66Replies: 143Has thanked: 963 timesBeen thanked: 1177 times
I have looked at the ktm e-bikes. I am impressed with them. We do track. I want something that I can take on the road and I really have not looked into that much.
- May 30, 2022 at 10:36 pm #649041LadyRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 66Replies: 143Has thanked: 963 timesBeen thanked: 1177 times
I would love the cushman. Redone in a sea foam blue. I have been looking for one for years. My boys race ktm. Youngest one is looking for a 125. He is big and ready for the 250 but he wants something that he can throw in the air. He has friends that are sponsoring two stroke only races. My friends too. They had a band this year and double the entrees this for this year’s race. Second annual race. I miss that life. Youngest one likes to crash so I have been trying to keep him away. That is not working at all. When he was little and broke his arm and shoulder and could only wear my Hawaiian shirts, they made a Hawaiian day for him at the last race of the season. Everyone wore coconut boobs and a skirt. I loved that. Then at night we had a big luau.
We have not raced for several years but they still do that every year.
- May 31, 2022 at 6:58 am #649121Marg ProdueLadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 98Has thanked: 301 timesBeen thanked: 296 times
Ahhhh, for a time machine and to go back to the days when I had no fear and healed overnight. On the other hand, I didn’t have much money then and wasn’t as smart as I am now. By the way, the Cushman and the Indian had some legend to them but were my absolute worst machines.
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Marg Produe.
- May 30, 2022 at 8:33 pm #649021Michelle IsgurlyLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 39Has thanked: 115 timesBeen thanked: 269 times
Go for it, why not? I was thinking about getting a fun small bike as well but for local use since gas is so expensive now. I always had a bike 1963, 1977, 1981 Sportsters, 1951, 1962 Pan Heads, 1973 Shovel Head and a 2008 Harley Cross Bones. Still have the Shovel and want to restore it but time and money are against me lol Just do it, have fun and ride safe.
- May 30, 2022 at 7:02 pm #649004LadyRegistered On: March 16, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 98Has thanked: 301 timesBeen thanked: 296 times
Oh Octavia, aren’t we the pair. I’ve got a 79 Sporty sitting in the back of the garage but the bike I love to ride is my 71 Honda Time Trials 125. It’s just all beat up and reworked but it is what I tool around with on our farm. It’s really total fun and very forgiving. The 125 is not a Triumph but you can easily play Steve McQueen on it if you can take the rash (probably not recommended). Over the years, I’ve owned a 51 Indian Chief, a 650 Triumph Bobber, a 81 Suzuki 850 shaft drive, a Cushman scooter and a 74 Honda 200 but the 71 Time Trial bike is the one that I’ve ridden the most and had the most fun on. So, yes, yes, get the bike! Enjoy the ride and have blast. Just watch for the wildlife and wear your protective gear. Marg
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.