• This topic has 27 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

The Power of the Dog.

Idris Elba, Benedict Cumberbatch, Kirsten Dunstable.

Apparently an “ award certainty”.

We will have to see. It certainly reviews above the other load of film “tat”.

What ever became of “ Lassie come home”,

or “ Danny Champion of the world”.

On a deserted island- stranded from anyone else- which single film would you want to have, and ( no, you need to work for this one) and the crucial point….why?

Yes, a SINGLE film.

My choice- “ Where Eagles Dare” ( Richard Burton, Clint Eastwood, et al )

Why- adventure, humour, no swearing in it,

action, and ( as it should  be) the good defeats evil.

No criticism is allowed, folks- it’s YOUR choice. Neither can you opt out and say “ oh I prefer music audio.” ( yes so do I but….)

I look forward to the explanations and inner deeper meaning you might throw my/ sorry… OUR way.

PS- have a good week.

Anonymous

Oooo. Hard

Avengers Asemble (aka The Avengers) – jaw dropping CGI, fun, fast paced, and, most importantly, I grew up with this stuff. My childhood was less than ideal, and Marvel Comics were my escape. Seeing a “real” Hulk and his mates really does it for me.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

Anya – breathing in deep ( trying to be a hulk )!!

Nah, I’d never be a hulk. I submit, Connie. You get your choice ! Thank you.

Anonymous

There was a she-Hulk…

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

Anya.

One!!!….you do realise how impossible this is going to be!!!

Ok….deep thought

Casablanca.

Gloriously cast, ultimate love story…and THAT song……

One of the few films i could probably watch on a loop…

….it definitely wouldn’t be castaway!!!!

Grace xx

Another Bogart film, very much like Casablance, but based on Hemenway novel(loosely, thank God) is”To Have and Have Not” I think I prefer Lauren Bacall over Ingrid Bergman, so sultry. Other Bogart films”Key Largo” and” High Sierra” rate high with me.

Anonymous

Kelli is I’m two minds here. The difficulty is deciding which ONE film. Ah yes, Anya knows how to “get the best” from fans !! ” To Have And Have Not” is a winner with me, Kelli. Thank you.

Anonymous

Grace chooses Casablanca – this could be an award winner, Grace.

Anonymous

Anya, ONE film???? You’ve killing me girl!

Casablanca.
      Bogey, Bregman, Rains, Geeenstreet, the rest of a phenomenal cast at the absolute peak of their abilities.
      The story, the intrigue, the unrequited love, the warm hearted saloon owner. The song …. “you must remember this, a kiss is still a kiss, a sigh is jus a sigh”

I’ve watched 30 or 40 times, will watch it again when it comes around.

Jillian

Great minds think alike, Grace

Anonymous

Confession – I watch Where Eagles dare every January just to hide that ” party over” feeling.

A major stepping stone for Mr Eastwood, of course.

Anya

Anonymous

Jillian,

Well I did warn you. You clearly have not heard of ..

“Killing Anya” ( UK TV hit)

“Anya only live once”. ” Anya get yer gun”. “Anya could see for miles and miles”

“Anya’s Great Gables” or if Grace only knew the truth…

“Anya’s Gone With The Wind”

But I still go for Where Eagles Dare.

Ho Ho

Anonymous

😅

Anonymous

Hi Anya,

Blazing Saddles.

A laugh a minute, laugh out loud movie, even when you’ve watched it a zillion times and you know exactly what’s coming up next.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

probably got more kids to eat baked beans than any Heinz advertising campaign!!!!

Anonymous

Grace, you have class. I was wondering how to remark upon those breezy beans.

Anonymous

Marti,

Just one word – AGREED!

Anonymous

Classic!

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

One film?  ONE Anya??!!  That’s like asking a crossdresser to pick ONE pair of panties…. wait let’s not go there, lol.

For sheer war movie entertainment I have to go with Kelly’s Heroes.  Star studded cast and damn funny, but if for no other reason:  Oddball.  Imho Donald Sutherlands funniest, greatest roll ever  🤣

Special mention must be given to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Stevie

Anonymous

Even Stevie has two bites at the cherry! Where are your principles, my girl? I thought I would have no wavering from your honourable self ! BUT your why answer is spot on. Sutherland is a class actor.

As for the panties, Stevie, – no contest – burgundy.

See? Its as easy as that. ( besides I only have one pair …..” all together now…. aaawwwww”.

Anya ( you have some great films, folks, keep the “momentum” going… hang on … is that another film?”

PS – No Matrix fans out there? ( No, I didn’t understand it either… that’s why they are having another go !!!)

Hey… “Gone with the wind” – and you have escaped the deserted island !!!!!!

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

It was one bite and one little nibble…. lol.  I was somewhat principled. 🙂

Anonymous

Stevie,

Even principals have principles – I believe a nibble is the onset of a bite.

PS – Do you know the definition of old age?

It’s when your teeth and your gums no longer sleep in the same bed.

I suspect that might be contentious, so I apologise profusely.

see, I’m older and …. slowly…. getting wiser.

Time to let you folks take the reins – …….( Gladiator ? )

Anonymous

Stevie….

When the tank broke down….

Oddball: I only ride em I don’t know what makes em work.

Brilliant🤣🤣

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Grace I so loved Oddball and his sidekick ‘Capt. Stubing’ ( I guess he later decided to go on to make love, not war lol.)

A sixties hippie in WW2, imagine that!

Moriarty always with the negative waves 😂😂  “the bridge will be there”

Stevie

Anonymous

Love that movie Stevie, I watch it at least once a year, what a cast and yes Oddball. World war 2’s first hippy. Again with negative waves Moriarity.

Anonymous

Grace and Jillian have the lead.

( closely followed by Stevie – for being so diverse – and Anya ( if only to keeper quiet!)

Perhaps the midnight rush will throw some more ideas into the cauldron.

Am I the only one to have seen ” Danny Champion of the World”?

Anonymous

Only one, well I’ve got to go with Forest Gump, what doesn’t it have. Love story, adventure, history, life lessons and a great sound track. That whole cast should have got Oscar’s for that one.

Anonymous

My vote is for “Casablanca”. Some critics have called it the best movie ever made, and they may be correct. A star-studded cast, and surely the most-quoted movie ever made. I misplaced my copy, and can’t recall them all, but people still recognize “Play it again, Sam”, “Round up the usual suspects”, and “We’ll always have Paris”.

Bettylou

Anonymous

“I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship”

Could be a banner here at CDH

Jillian

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?