Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

16 months ago, I put on a pair of my wife’s panties.  WOW – I was hooked.  I did the analysis, could I be Christian and still cross dress?  Can I wear panties – is that okay?  Wear a blouse around the house?

I am now 70 years old – so a ‘senior’ crossdresser!!

It has not been easy.  My wife has not been encouraging, but tolerates some of my cross dressing.

Fortunately, she wears the same size clothes as I do, so I can ‘sample’ and ‘shop’ from our joint closet.

And, in the central Texas / Austin area (Cedar Park)

there is nothing wrong with wearing female clothing. woman wear male clothing all the time so why cant we wear female clothing.   it does not matter what religion you are, God will not punish us for x dressing. welcome

Hello Lucinda, have you ever  read Deuteronomy 22, 5? Here it says:

Women must not wear men’s clothes, and men must not wear women’s clothes. Everyone who does such things is an abomination unto Jehova thy  God.

How do Christian crossdressers (I am one myself) get out of this dilemma? Has anyone got an answer?

Love Stella

This is in reply to Stella’s posting about Deuteronomy 22,5 which says God doesn’t approve of cross-dressing.

Firstly, I don’t understand why a Christian would need to be concerned with archaic strictures of the Old Testament.

Secondly, I can tell you that I was born Jewish, but I was appalled at the lack of compassion in the Old Testament for crossdressers, gays, masturbators, Saturday workers, pork eaters and non-Jews in general.  I would have resigned but there was nowhere to send my resignation!

i did look that up and wow did not know that. hope GOD does not punish me for x dressing.  but i see that we all have something in common no matter what color or religion we are, we x dress.   young and older males are x dressing now days and coming out of the closet and finding this site to join and talk to others

Karen, Welcome to CDH, I am also a senior CD and have been dressing many many years more the the last couple of yrs. Its okay to wear panties or womens clothes as do most days under my male clothes however dress complete evening So welcome to CDH and good Luck.
      Hugs,
      Stacey s

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Hi Karen  and welcome as I have found myself at a pup age of 59 it’s totally ok dressing  in any way and feel what is right to you. Love these emotions and let the feelings flow. Hope your wife sees your happiness and some acceptance may develop. Ànd lucky you for clothes fits it took me time to just figure the charts lol!!!  Love having you and see you on our journeys.

What took you so long ? Been dressing since I was 12 am 62 now it is the best feeling to be fem

susan

[quote quote=65939]What took you so long ? Been dressing since I was 12 am 62 now it is the best feeling to be fem susan [/quote]

Thanks Susan!!!

I appreciate it!!

(Long story)

Karen

to Stella No i never read that, i would have to surf it and read up on it. but would God care if we dress up in female cloths.,   guess that is a WHAT IF question that will never get answered.sorry if i meant harm in saying dressing up is ok no matter what religion we are

Penny
      Lady

Welcome to CDH, Karen. I don’t know if this is a proper answer to the Christian question, but if you have read Deuteronomy you’ll know that there are many prohibitions there that are not practiced nor are they relevant to today’s world. I go to the golden rule with any moral question and it’s good for any religion or philosophy – “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Marianne
      Ambassador

Hi Karen and welcome to CDH. Better late than never I would say. I begged God to let me wake up as a girl in my evening prayers at 6 or 7 and started crossdressing about 12 so I’ve been doing this for 40 years now. And for the last five years, I’ve been going out fully dressed as a woman, even to church. Make yourself at home in our wonderful sisterhood and feel free to contact me anytime.

<p data-keeper-edited=”yes”>Hi  Karen well I have been CD for 52yrs my wife will not approve so I still do it alone .   Keep Going and enjoy Hugs Darla</p>

Hi Karen and welcome!

I started at age 57  and thoroughly enjoy dressing as a woman. I  have been developing into a transgendered lady.

If you are confused by Deuteronomy 22,5, then you need to read my Sister House articles on transvestism and religion here https://www.sisterhouse.net/library/category/transgender-resources/transvestism-and-religion/?numtoshow=3&archive=yes. Too many people fail to understand the context in which it was written and if you believe the literal viewpoint, ask if they believe the rest of Deuteronomy too…not likely

This is my answer to the topic “Crossdressing and the Bible, especially for Karen, Tasi, Lucinda, Vicky and Penny.

Almost every crossdresser, who is also a Christian, knows in their heart that God made them the way they are. Yet when actions run contrary to beliefs, there is internal conflict which manifests as guilt or shame. So, a crossdresser who has been told that God is against crossdressing, because it says so in the Bible, gets confused. Those who say this, do not realize that the Bible and especially Jesus Christ actually say nothing about crossdressing except in one passage of the Scripture in Deuteronomy 22.

I myself, a practicing Christian, was perplexed by this one and only reference in the Bible to wearing clothes of the opposite sex: Deuteronomy 22 verse 5. “A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man; nor shall a man put on a woman´s garment, for all who do so are an abomination to the Lord your God”

For me the Old Testament is partly a book with archaic strictures as Vicky says, but it also contains the Ten Commandments, which are still valid today and which are the basis of our Legislature.

To understand this verse we have to read it within the context in which it was written. At this particular time in the history of Israel during the Mosaic covenant, some pagans were involved in idolatrous worship, or the worship of idols, where tey put their idol in the place of God. Men wore the colorful dress of women while they presented themselves before the Star of Venus, and women wore men´s armor when presenting themselves before the Star of Mars. So, with an understanding of what this passage is referring to it is clear that the crossdressing to which it refers pertains to the worshipping of idols and the practice of how it was being done in that days. Understandable, that this practice is an abomination to God.

Second. If we read this verse 5 in the context of the chapter, we find various unrelated laws with which the Israelites were to comply. For example in verse 11 it says: “Don´t wear clothing woven from two kinds of thread: for instance, wool and linen together.” Why isn´t there a great disturbance about wearing shirts and blouses made of polyester and cotton today?

Imagine to put into practice the following (verse 12): “You must sow tassels on the four corners of your cloaks.” Nobody would do so today.

There are other practices which are not to be found today. I will mention a last one in verse 9. “You shall not sow your vineyard with different kinds of seed, lest the yield of the seed  which you have sown and the fruit of your vineyard be defiled.” For ecological reasons many farmers and gardeners sow and plant mixed crops on their fields. Why are we not condemming this practice?

As you can see, if verse 5 is taken literally then we must also take the rest of the chapter literally as well. When viewing the chapter as a whole, one  can readily see that these miscellaneous laws must be understood within the context of the culture and practices of that particular period.

For me only the Ten Commandments are still valid which culminate in the two commandments which Jesus gives in the New Testament, when he was asked: “Which is the greatest Commandment in the law.” Jesus said: “Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it. Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.”

Wioth all these thoughts in mind I am a cheerful and thankful Christian Crossdresser, who has been crossdressing for 45 years now. I enjoy the days when I go out en femme without a sense of shame and guilt. I want to thank Jesus for what he did on the cross for all of us including crossdressers.

I would like to conclude with my favourite text from 1. John 5 verse 12: “He that hath the Son hath eternal life.” This is good news for all of us, isn´t it?

Love Stella

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Introductions & New Members’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?