Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Ster Eleo
      Lady

I seek your opinion!

how many hours are expected  wearing this?

I bought one after trucare (They used to sell Halloween boobs for $60!) wore out.  Now my plan is to wear this sucker for ten hours a day for the surrounding Halloween days.  The more I read online the less realistic I become.  It’s from good ole ebay, $100 or so price point with neck and looks like a short shirt (full back).

is it supposed to fit annoyingly tight?
      It’s still snug after exhaling.    <—- bigger concern than sweat

ive only worn it for an hour – no sweat in my 72F house.

Im 6’ 195lbs… 16” neck by dress shirt size so I don’t think I’m big, and looked for a large neck size when I was shopping for this thing only to find out that they don’t have good size options until exceeding the $300 mark.  It’s a standard size.  Of course we can all lose a little weight right?

i really like the look (that cleavage line is a must have!) and don’t wanna go back to the cup insert things, but man, ya gotta be comfortable right?

ive read the mod where the back is cut out to form a more open and breathable section.  Not crazy about cutting silicone. I have experience, and think it’s too risky at this stage, though in effort to answer my own question, I may try it depending what you say.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have a halter style breastplate. It’s not tight. But it is uncomfortably warm when doing normal activities in moderate temps. When worn during more energetic activites (bedroom, dance club) it’s a sweat factory. It’s a niche item and I don’t wear it much.

I don’t think a breastplate should be tight. I’d size up. There are plenty of brands to pick from.

Hi Ster

I don’t like it, too hot …. A real sweat factory!
      I tried it once and said never again, rather hrt or additive surgery!

XOXOX from Italy
      Greta ❤️

Ster Eleo
        Lady

This makes me laugh – “no!  I’d rather have hrt!”  Lol

Ster:

I’ll offer some general comments, as I don’t have first hand knowledge of breastplates.

Breast forms fall into the “You get what you pay for category”. The cheap ones don’t tend to last. The polyurethane bag often tears or ruptures and lets the silicone gel out. They can be patched, but it is a vicious cycle: leak, patch, leak, patch, etc.

The more expensive ones intended to be worn by mastectomy patients are more expensive because they are designed for long term everyday usage. Anyway, I would expect a similar thought process for pricing to be in play with breastplates: pay more and you get a better, more durable and consistently sized product. People have put more time and effort into the design, sizing and manufacture of the product, so they expect to be compensated.

I don’t think that there is any way for a breastplate not to be warm. Effectively it is like wearing another layer of clothing. One suggestion, if you haven’t tried it yet, is to use corn starch between you and the breastplate. It used to be talc, but that has been found to be a carcinogen. Powdered corn starch is the replacement.

J King
      Lady

There are several type of breastplate manufacturers and it is hard to distinguish between the breastplates because there is not a tag identifying who made the breastplate.

First part – the snugness is supposed to be there. People have compared it to wearing a wetsuit. At 195 lb, you are probably at the upper end of the breastplate, and should be very careful putting it on and taking it off. Manufacturers started making a slightly different plate, which stretches more, and will fit a much larger person. That is why it is snug.

Yes, you will sweat under the breastplate. It is as if rubber is against your skin. Some new breastplates have small almost bubbles on the back which gives more space for your skin to breath. Yes, putting powder on will work, until you sweat a lot and the powder becomes pastey. I would suggest wearing a compression or athletic shirt underneath, which is designed to absorb sweat, and then the breastplate over that.

I just read your post again, and at $100 and the way you have described it, you probably have the smaller version without bubbles. There are good and bad things about the breastplates, but the biggest positive, like you said, is the apperance of cleavage.

Cece X
      Lady

I have no experience with breastplates, although I sure would like to try one on. I can only say that the one time I saw someone wear one, i was hypnotized. I knew it was not right to stare for so long, but I could not take my eyes off its beauty. I would intentionally look away and then unintentionally stare again.

Ster Eleo
      Lady

Thank you everyone!
      I may try another one with a better-known name brand backing it with a larger size.  Color needs improving and why I didn’t get liquid silicone is beyond me.  After trying this current one on again, I realized that it feels okay for the first hour that I tested it with. It must tighten up after that.  It was tighter in the (high neck) than chest.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?