- August 5, 2022 at 9:51 am #667768Catherine SParticipantRegistered On: August 3, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
I’m Catherine, I’m a part time crossdresser who has been mostly doing it on/off since college (started a little in Elementary). I am very in touch with my feminine side and enjoy not only dressing but being around women. I only have a few male friends, and those are very casual. If in a group setting I’m most comfortable talking to women. Deep down I believe that I relate to them in an odd way.
I am from just outside of Atlanta. I have never gone out dressed. I ultimately would like to be able to do that, but I want to be confident in my look; be with someone who is supportive (whether that be a female friend or another crossdresser); and go some place safe/accepting the first few times before really stepping out.
I’m hoping to meet some wonderful ladies on this site who can support me and with whom I can be supportive towards them.
Total of 25 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.Brielle, zeezee, Jillian(Jill) Evers, Paulette Parfois, Christine Bennett, Lynda Jones, Katherine Leigh, Lara Tucker, Kim Dahlenbergen, Jane Mansfield, Christina Isme, Karen Sumer, Eve Tatum, Ginger Snap, Angela Booth, Josephine Curtis, Rebecca Lynnette, Stephanie MacNeil, Tara Ryan, Stephanie Flowers
- August 5, 2022 at 9:18 pm #667911Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 963Has thanked: 21254 timesBeen thanked: 3380 times
- August 8, 2022 at 9:27 pm #668612
- August 5, 2022 at 8:25 pm #667904Kim DahlenbergenLadyRegistered On: November 18, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 161Has thanked: 101 timesBeen thanked: 497 times
I’m from Minnesota, so way too far away to be of any help as you take your first steps out into the daylight.
I can offer a few suggestions and observations. First is that practice makes perfect and in the age of YouTube you have an abundant source of training materials. Use them. Second, it may be expensive but, overcome your fears and stop at Ulta or MAC any other makeup retailer. The SAs there will help you IMMENSELY in choosing foundation tones tones and in application techniques for eye shadows, highlighter, etc.
Third, you need to come out to someone… My first coming out was to a co-worker and she was utterly supportive. Second, same story. And so on. I don’t keep close track of how many women I have come out to, but I know its at least 20 and not one….not one has been anything short of supportive.
- August 8, 2022 at 9:31 pm #668613Catherine SLadyRegistered On: August 3, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
Thank you for the great advice. I’ve looked a little bit on youtube, and I plan to do a lot more viewing.
Great advice on finding one friend and coming out. I will have to think long and hard about who I might that be. In a manner of speaking, at some point I have to pull the band aid and bring others into this life of Catherine.
Looking forward to getting to know you, even though you’re far away, doesn’t mean we can’t be there for one another.
- August 5, 2022 at 3:26 pm #667853Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1382Has thanked: 84 timesBeen thanked: 1837 times
Nice to meet you Sandy! welcome to C.D.H were us girls can chat. yes its hard to dress up and go out as a female. i have added you to my friends list please read my profile will tell more about my self
- August 5, 2022 at 3:21 pm #667851
- August 5, 2022 at 2:15 pm #667844Christina IsmeLadyRegistered On: April 8, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 287Has thanked: 288 timesBeen thanked: 821 times
Hello I have been full time since I was 9 till now at 62 and I have been enjoying it. Everyone is at different stages that they want to be at. I am cleveland Tennessee outside of Chattanooga a little bit. I find I get along quite well and comfortable being around different places and people. Your first out is always fantastic and you want more well I full time always dressed femme. Well we are glad to have you welcome to the site
- August 5, 2022 at 11:28 am #667798Stephanie MacNeilLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 127Has thanked: 373 timesBeen thanked: 580 times
Welcome to CDH! You will find so much to learn and explore here with supportive people who share many of the same experiences you do. I hope you find everything you’re looking for.
- August 5, 2022 at 11:09 am #667791Tara RyanLadyRegistered On: April 20, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 512Has thanked: 1758 timesBeen thanked: 1909 times
- August 5, 2022 at 10:50 am #667783Stephanie FlowersAmbassadorRegistered On: June 26, 2017Topics: 35Replies: 6283Has thanked: 12311 timesBeen thanked: 12956 times
Welcome to Cdh. Here you can enjoy the company of many like yourself expressing their femininity for all to see. Meet and with some devolope wonderful friendships. So start enjoying all that we have and in a community that really supports and accepting for everyone. Very nice to meet you and have a wonderful journey ahead.
- August 5, 2022 at 10:39 am #667778Susan TalbotLadyRegistered On: June 28, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 171Has thanked: 1167 timesBeen thanked: 572 times
- August 5, 2022 at 10:29 am #667775Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 60Has thanked: 432 timesBeen thanked: 226 times
I have only been on CDH a short time myself but I really enjoy going to the forums and reading everything I can, it’s fun. Just dressing in private (the fact is I could never pass LOL) but this is a GREAT site and you will have fun here!!!!!!!!
- August 5, 2022 at 10:33 am #667777LadyRegistered On: August 3, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
Nice to meet you Becky!
I will have to check them out. I feel like you do that I could never pass. But then again an acquaintance had the face swap app and did some magic with photoshop (put makeup on me) and I was amazed with the results. If nothing else it does prove my oldest daughter is mine…she is the female version of me without a doubt.
- August 5, 2022 at 10:46 am #667780Becky DavisLadyRegistered On: February 10, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 60Has thanked: 432 timesBeen thanked: 226 times
- August 5, 2022 at 10:50 am #667782LadyRegistered On: August 3, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
In time when I can…and have some extra spending $, I would really like to have a makeover done. See for certain how well I could pass…well at least my face.
- August 5, 2022 at 10:14 am #667771Sandy HoneyLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 464Has thanked: 310 timesBeen thanked: 2381 times
Hi Catherine and welcome to CDH. I also live in the Atlanta metro area. Lots of great info here and wonderful gurls to learn from. There is a crossdressing support group called the Atlanta Metro Crossdresser group that meets every Tuesday in Marietta close to Truist field. You can find it on meetup.com if you are interested. You can come dressed or not. It’s really amazing to meet other people like me and it is led by a therapist that is just wonderful.
- August 5, 2022 at 10:20 am #667772LadyRegistered On: August 3, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 53 times
Nice to meet you Sandy!
If I am ever in town I will certainly look into coming. It would be wonderful to meet some other women in the area. Even though I’ve done this for many years, I am very much still a novice and it would be great to know places to go to shop; get makeover; etc that are local.
Hugs & Kisses
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.