Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies…. Anyone watching the new series of Doctor Who? I’ve enjoyed it so far; stories have varied a bit, but there’s a great chemistry between the cast.

And of course there is now the transgender angle. That seems to be a bit underplayed. After, the Doctor is someone who had a male body for a thousand years, and now has a female one. Apart from a few throwaay lines, they scriptwriters haven’t really explored that yet. I guess it has to stay a family-friendly show, but still…

Any thoughts?

hi Rachel. I wasn’t too sure at first but I think a female doctor puts a new angle on the whole show. of course it has to be family friendly but cd-ing does need to be out in the open too if any of us stands any chances of being accepted in this hard, uncaring world. I’m sure if they can show violent scenes on tv at 8pm, I’m sure that the producers could delve a little deeper and promote cd-ing a little, its not hard is it?

Fiona xx

Anonymous

I love Jodie Whittaker in the role.  I was hoping for a female Doctor the last time around (Josie Lawrence!) but Peter Capaldi was great.  However I’m finding some of the scripts/plots a tad underwhelming so far.  Only the Rosa Parks episode really grabbed my attention throughout albeit with a rather lame villain.  I do like the fact that they haven’t made a big deal of the Doctor’s gender change : although I was intrigued by the Doctor’s comment in Ep. 1 “It’s been a long time since I’ve bought women’s clothes”…

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Hi Rachel, sadly have not seen the new season at all and really looking forward to it. And no worries here about spoilers. I will be happy to watch it. I really like Jodie Whittaker so can’t wait to see her performance. I hope that they find the right balance. Hugs, Michelle

I dud think “Rosa” was good. Yes, an understated villain, but since Ryan sent him further into the past, I suspect we haven’t heard the last of him…

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

They do like bringing certain villians back.  Easier from a writing point of view i would imagine. Know it was for Terry Nation.   Course, he seemed to like using the same themes as well.

Anonymous

The best line, as she was buying new clothes after being re-incarnated, was “I haven’t bought women’s clothes for some time” indicating that the doctor had been a woman in the past!

Oops. Just realised that someone has raised this point below!

New to the site, still trying to work out how it works and this was my first post!

Gillian

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Hi Gillian, welcome to the site and no worries.  Glad to have you here.

Michelle

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?