Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      BillieJo Smith
      Baroness

So how do other girls style a new wig when they get them, I have a really nice fairly expensive wig but I can’t get it to look like the picture on the model, I know I look a lot different then her but even the shape isn’t right. So what do you other girls do with a new wig to make it look really good? I like it but wish it looked better.

Gina Angelo
      Ambassador

Well I’ll try to help. Is it straight, curled, synthetic, heatsafe synthetic or real hair? Based on the question I’ll assume synthetic. Often they come curled but the curls are compacted.

You need a good brush. I like ones with thin steel pins with tiny balls on the end. They make plastic ones too. Boars hair I find grab synthetic hair and ruin it.

You want to start with small sections at the bottom and gently brush down. Too hard and the curl will spread out. Too big a section and you lose the style. The goal is to figure out the individual hair section that they curled (usually 1-1.5″ wide) and try to just take out the compactness.

For the front, that is a bit harder. You need to find where the part is to get the lay left to right correct

I hope this makes sense and helps

Billie Jo,  if you don’t already have one I suggest you splurge on a good wig stand or female head model like the ones made of styrofoam. When you want to style the wig, put it on that, and create the style you want to wear before you even put it on. That way you avoid the awardkness, and sometimes, near impossibility of reaching the places where you need to alter the way the wig looks to form the way you want it to look. When you are finished, you just put it on, and position it the way you want to wear it.

BillieJo Smith
      Baroness

Thank you Gina & Gretchen for the suggestions, guess I’ll be shopping again (love it anyways) for a good brush & wig stand.

Hugs

BillieJo

Gina Angelo
        Ambassador

And I recommend as well the styrofoam head and a clamp. They aren’t too expensive on Amazon

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?