Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

When they succeed ( looking back on the previous year ) they become a self reward. When they fail ….(you notice I said they – ??!! not we !!!)…. fail, we vow never to make any more because they become a negative influence. Isn’t this how we “cope”? If we fail – blame it on the weather, or anything. The negativity flees away. The we find another focus and , hopefully, achieve.

In my case its the same old problem,   simply to get started with things I might not actually like. So we join a membership and that helps, if only to moan at someone else. Self starters are good. Slogans and rituals help to keep that focus.

But then we might have a ” slip” or ” trip” and the old self returns. And in that second the negativity has a bite. Sometimes we cannot get restarted. And so goes the mantra ” Well I only set achievable goals. Or perhaps you mean ” I will only do this until I fail and gladly give up”.

I have just faced my biggest challenge of the year. To be honest with myself. To look at myself and say ” What do I need to be better?” I will work harder at….. ( sorry , this is my resolution …. !!) …..and I will not give up even when the progress seems slow.

The INTENTION can remain … you may even be forced to postpone the action but you can return.

So maybe New Year intentions? This play on words is fun. However, I wonder how you enthuse yourself to overcome those areas you might wish to address? Sometimes it will need others to achieve it, so get talking. Remember it is about you and your attempt to be BETTER.

Please feel free to discuss this – among yourselves. And do please treat it with GOOD INTENTIONS, HOPE and ACTION. You have a lifetime at your disposal.

Try this one ‘ We Are Family”.

ANYA  ( in capitals to indicate ” Let’s Do This”)

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I am not one for resolutions but intentions seems a good idea.

I intend to move forward more than backwards, get up more than I fall down, be happier than sad, be kinder than nastier and show respect to all then that’ll do by me. 

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Anya ,

I was never one to lay down good intentions for myself for the New Year.
      As I don’t drink or smoke , the only health intention for myself is to maybe eat a little
      bit more healthier (It would be good to lose a couple of pounds to be honest… ).

Now as for the intentions I have that matter to me most.

Since Sylvia came to the surface more and more these past months ,
      I found a side from myself that has been hidden for far too long.
      A caring side , a side that wants to give support
      ( and hopefully some well meant advice , in all humility ) to my fellow Sisters here on
      this wonderful site that found me only recently.

That is my main intention for not only 2022 but for many years to come , God willing.

CDH has become my second Home , I could never have imagined just a short while ago.
      The frase “We Are Family” resonates with me more than you could know.
      Lets continue to be here for one another in these trying times.
      Together we can achieve this Haven to become even better than it already is today.
      Together we can do anything !

And , as along the way , we perhaps catch a few glimpses of our true selves ,
      then our journey together will become even more rewarding than it already is.

Love Sylvia.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Moving forward with a better frame of mind.  Sharing and experiencing the more positives in our lives…  And hopefully for me more dress up times too!!! Lol… 🌷

What I’m going to do this year is party more dress up more and be me and love every minute of it and not care about any small minded people x

Hi Anya, like others I am not one for Resolutions. My younger self did set one to give up dressing, how stupid!

Again, like many I want to be a better person but that also raises an issue – being overly critical of myself, thinking on the negative where actually I should be positive. I could get myself tied up in knots if I’m not careful.

So, my intention is:

Look for positives in all I do. This should make me a happier person. Being happy will make me more kind to others. A positive cycle, great.

I have issues with anxiety and depression ( I’m sure I’m not alone on this site!). I find my main defence to this is attack. The positives are my ammunition. I am not saying it is easy – it is f-difficult, a living battle. If I can be more positive I can be a better person.

Love Jane X.

Anonymous

That is a powerful reply with pure intent. Your purpose will enable you to fight the black dog. Yes it is difficult and so I’m honoured you have accepted Emma’s am friend to be the handhold as you climb.

You have the will and the Calibre. So set off and keep going You already have made progress and you will continue. Obstacles may get in the way-‘but be of good courage- everything you value most has been worked for. Maybe not resolutions- but you have got a fine revolution inside you. God bless, keep going, we are here to keep you steady on your course.

Anya- hugs for the resting places !!!!

xo ox

Anonymous

That is a powerful reply with pure intent. Your purpose will enable you to fight the black dog. Yes it is difficult and so I’m honoured you have accepted me as anfriend to be the handhold as you climb.

You have the will and the Calibre. So set off and keep going You already have made progress and you will continue. Obstacles may get in the way-‘but be of good courage- everything you value most has been worked for. Maybe not resolutions- but you have got a fine revolution inside you. God bless, keep going, we are here to keep you steady on your course.

Anya- hugs for the resting places !!!!

xo ox

Anonymous

Strange, another’”’critical error” on the site! Funny Time to occur. I hope you folks are not overdoing the emojis again?????
      Watch and be careful folks.
      Report any concerns to tech management.
      Anya

Hi Girlfriend Anya as for the resolutions mine never last long any how as get forgotten or kicked to the curb for what ever reason so last couple of years i dont chose any and not disappointed that way ha ha hugs girlfriend have a wonderful year ahead and will be here to always say hello ..

Stephanie Bass

January 2nd 12.05pm. Started smoking again. Same old, same old…

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Anya,

Add another girl to the no New Years resolution column.

I decided long ago that it was better for me to try to be more positive, and to try to improve whenever I find there is a need to. Sometimes this need is shown through the wisdom of another.
      I have also found that thinking of things to be thankful for in my life (and there are so many in this world) really helps to improve my attitude when that is needed.

Love, and hugs,

Lara

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?