• Creator
    Topic
    Mindy Mills
    Participant
    Registered On: January 8, 2021
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 66

Good evening ladies. Curious to know if anyone else has made and still keeping any New Years resolutions. Today the radio said this is the time of the year people are giving up on them. I’m still working on mine, plain on loosing 20-30 pounds. Toughest part for me was giving up beer. I’m down a couple/few pounds already according to the bathroom scale. S  ok what if any resolutions have youall made and how is it going?

Mindy

8 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Blink To Pink Enchanted
      Duchess
      Registered On: January 5, 2021
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 104

Mindy. If I’m old fashioned and optimistic, so be it. I am big on resolutions. I also use the moment to set goals. I have used a “rolling” sheet of paper and scribble them down – yep, hand written. I can look back on prior years and not only see the goals but they allow me to reflect on where my head was at. P has crept in more and more. They are revealing, honest and unedited. Some are very personal. Many not achieved to their fullest – some achieved and taken off in another direction. Some are repeated. Thoughts run deep…
      P

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 2687

Hi Mindy,

I gave up making resolutions years ago.

Congratulations on your weight loss.  Good suggestions from Robyn.

Alice

Alice Underwire
      Lady
      Registered On: September 16, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 2687

Hi Mindy…. resolutions are made to be broken..never a truer word, but It does seem I’m like the rest of you, I want to lose a bit of that ” Christmas pudding”….I have been walking a lot, up to six miles a day and I am feeling better already, even after a couple of weeks….

( the only problem is I’m now 70 miles from home and it’s freezing…. haha)

Grace xx

Hi Baroness Grace,

Seventy miles from home!  And you walked six to get some exercise.  Watch that soft drink as it’s empty calories.  Congratulations on the weight loss.

Alice

Mindy Mills
      Lady
      Registered On: January 8, 2021
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 66

Agree with all except number 2.

Wrong me?  You wrong me and my family.    You end up in the Great Book of Grudges until something is done to satisfy family honour. Retribution and punishment has to be handed out else the Book gets over filled.  No 2’s must be flushed!   They do not win.

At your service and your families,

BookofGrudgeskeeper, Stephanie P

(just joking)

I agree. This past year a coworker did something nasty to me. She got fired over it so punishment was hashed out. Wasn’t by me directly but what she did bit her in the ass. I e won’t forgive her but it’s behind me and I’m no longer angry about it. It’s highly unlikely I’ll see her again anyway.

stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 132
        Replies: 1622

Entry removed from the Book then.  Good for you.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 58
      Replies: 1716

Hi Mindy…. resolutions are made to be broken..never a truer word, but It does seem I’m like the rest of you, I want to lose a bit of that ” Christmas pudding”….I have been walking a lot, up to six miles a day and I am feeling better already, even after a couple of weeks….

( the only problem is I’m now 70 miles from home and it’s freezing…. haha)

Grace xx

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Emily Alt
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: August 24, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 487

I gave up on resolutions years ago.  It’s a setup for failure.  But this year I have one I can stick to – SURVIVAL!  This girl has a lot to live for!

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Robyn Devine
      Duchess
      Registered On: October 24, 2020
      Topics: 15
      Replies: 580

Mindy

Aside from the always…better health and some of the obvious ones. I have a few personal ones I use every year and re-evaluate.

1. Forgive yourself for the things you screwed up or didn’t do last year.  Its in the past…be done.

2. Forgive those who wronged you.  Tough to do, but if you let them bother you…they win.  Goes real good with the next one.

3. Don’t give toxic people in your life another minute of your time.  Surround yourself with people who will love, support and uplift you.

4. Happiness is a choice!! It truly is!!

5. Most important…Live life as your TRUE and authentic self.  If your not…dont waste another minute!

Being its 2021, all the girls should raise a glass and toast to Kick 2021 right in the @$$ and own it!!

XOXO Robyn 🤗❤️💋

Sandy Jayson
        Duchess
        Registered On: September 29, 2019
        Topics: 17
        Replies: 392

I like your list, Robyn.  You need to try to do 1,2 and 3 to be successful on 3and 4.  If you dwell to much on all the negative it is hard to get to the positive.

For myself one of my major goals is coming out to the rest of my family.  As of last week, when I came out to brother #3, I only have one more brother to tell and my mother.

My other goal was forced on me just before new years.  I injured my left leg ( torn ligament?) and decided at that time to have knee replacement done ( couple of doctors have recommended for at least 4 years).  I go under the knife in 2 weeks.  My goal after that is to get back to work ASAP.  At 66 I could and probably should retire, but having the goal to get back to work is going to be part of my incentive to get through the pain and do it.  One thing that makes me VERY sad is that from 2 to 4 weeks I will not be able even to under dress as I will be staying with my daughter and her family.  Good news is I will have my lap top and be able to communicate with all you wonderful ladies.

Sandy

3 users thanked author for this post.
          Bridgette VonSmirff
          Lady
          Registered On: October 18, 2020
          Topics: 17
          Replies: 445

My wife had a knee replaced a couple years ago, and did really well through it. She said she only wished she’d done it sooner. You got that!

Bridgette

BigBangtheory
        Lady
        Registered On: January 14, 2020
        Topics: 0
        Replies: 145

I really liked Robyn Devine’s list as they are really good for one’s own happiness. I find that forgiving myself is the toughest one. As far as #2, I have to forgive others if I am to expect the same. Also they don’t get free rent in my head and I can proceed to #3. I also find that #4 to be a choice and goes hand in hand with #5. It’s a wonderful list of resolutions. Other than the usual healthy habits resolutions I also added going out enfemme in public (again) and meeting in person two of the lovely ladies that I have grown to know here on CDH. Hopefully the Covid19 will soon be in control so as to achieve those goals. Our great nation needs all of us to do our part to get through these terrible times. Be resolute that you are part of the solution not part of the problem…. Stephanie

stephanie plumb
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: November 17, 2018
        Topics: 132
        Replies: 1622

Agree with all except number 2.

Wrong me?  You wrong me and my family.    You end up in the Great Book of Grudges until something is done to satisfy family honour. Retribution and punishment has to be handed out else the Book gets over filled.  No 2’s must be flushed!   They do not win.

At your service and your families,

BookofGrudgeskeeper, Stephanie P

(just joking)

Cindy Lou
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: November 18, 2020
        Topics: 10
        Replies: 431

Been working on number 2 for a long time now Robyn…

It might be time for laxatives!

Robyn Drake
      Duchess
      Registered On: March 19, 2019
      Topics: 49
      Replies: 197

Congratulations Mindy. I’m just trying lose another 5-10 to get to goal weight. But also this year I want to be more kind and loving to those around me, less cynical and judgmental, and more wonderous in spirit. Let’s see what happens! 🙂

– Robyn

6 users thanked author for this post.
        Cindy Lou
        Baroness - Annual
        Registered On: November 18, 2020
        Topics: 10
        Replies: 431

I need to lose 10 myself, but haven’t started yet. What stops me is that its so difficult to achieve in the winter months and so easy when I can start cycling again after the weather warms.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account