• This topic has 32 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Davina.
Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Wendie Cross
      Duchess

Did any of you other girls grow up with no sisters? I did. At a young age I knew I had a femme side but growing up with no sisters made it hard to express my girly feelings. So I gave my mothers’ clothes quite a work out. My mom had very stylish clothes and she loved sexy silks and satins. I would stand in front of the full length mirror, when I was home alone, and admire myself wearing her clothes and nighties. One day she caught me. She stood in her bedroom doorway and looked at me wearing her bra, pink panties and baby blue house dress. I was frozen, I couldn’t speak. She walked in sat on the foot of her bed and told me to sit next to her. She started the conversation by asking me, “How does wearing my clothes make you feel?”. I told her the truth, fantastic, girlie, sexy, like the real me. She looked at me and said, “I can accept this. But please don’t wear my undies.” At the end of our conversation she took me to the store and bought me a bra and a six pack of silk panties. Over the years I know I tried on every piece of her clothing and nighties. Including her butt hugging pants and shorts. I learned how to do a good tuck standing in front of her mirror. Thanks mom for keeping our secret all those years and never telling dad.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

That could have gone either way but worked out nicely. Maybe Mum was accepting as she didn’t have a daughter and was pleased she had a secret one.

yes love your mom she was very  under standing and even bought you bra’s and panties.  no one ever bought me girly cloths, but one year my wife  bought me a make up set and perfume, she knows and maybe my daughter but no one else.  i do not have any sisters just one older brother.  my wife knows and tells me when i can dress up. the feeling of female clothing is accelerating and sexy.

Anonymous

Thanks for sharing your story wonderful My Mother started buying me girly clothes when told her  about my transition year ago Now at times will bring me things. Like clothes and panties and bra’s.

Anonymous

Hi Wendie,

No sisters? No, and no mom, and seven cousins, all male. My elder daughter was the first female born into our family tree in 65 years, and my need to Dress suffered as a result. When I was young, a couple of playmates would lend me a dress for our games, and as a teen, I found a discarded dress at school. I married late in life, and by then the urge was suppressed; didn’t return until about 6 years ago, and now I’m making up for all of that lost time…with much help from my sisters here at CDH.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

One of two brothers, no “real” sisters, but at least 3 ladies in my life all all my “3 score and ten” plus years, who may as well have been a sister for me. One is/has been especially close, well mentally, she’s in Eastern Canada and I’m down here in Oz and neither of us will, (even post covid) travel that far again..

The latter knew about Caty a long time ago and was very understanding, but did not want to meet her.

She’s as “straight” as they come, but living in Toronto’s gay quarter back then may have helped the situation!.

Caty.

Hi Wendie,

What a wonderful and heartwarming story.

Reminds me of my mother.

Personal note – I really needed to hear that story today.

Diane

Anonymous

Only one sister, 10 years younger than me,  when I was 20 she was obviously only 10 years old,  so I have never borrowed her clothes not even up untill she was 18 and got married and moved away. only  ever  borrowed my mum’s till I was old enough and brave enough a bought my own,

Hi Wendy I grew up with three sisters. My older sister and I shared the same clothes  She knew it and did complain to my mother several times when she noticed several pieces of her clothes went missing .My mother decided to have that sternly mother son talk about what is appropriate for boys to wear after she found me in my sister’s  nite gown. I remember telling her I just felt better  and could fall asleep easier when I was wearing  sisters nite gowns. That is the first time I ever heard the words sissy boy. She said you do not want to be called a sissy boy do you? I did not know what a sissy boy was at the time but I knew I did not want to be one from the tone of her voice. From that point on is when I went into hiding and learned how best to be a boy and then eventually a man. I hated it but I learned any thing was better than being called a sissy boy. Parents can be a little mean if they do not know what to do. It sounds crazy now but I know now she did it out of love. She just did not want any harm to come to her son. A life time of hiding only to come out when their was opportunity.  Thank goodness their was plenty of opportunity  Like you said Thank you mom for keeping our secret.                                             luv Stephanie

Wendie Cross
        Duchess

Having an understanding mom made dealing with my feme side much easier growing up. Talking to her was much easier than my dad. If my dad had ever found out there’s no telling how different my life would have been.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Sadly no sisters for me.  Two brothers, one a couple years older, one a couple years younger.   ( funny I think my parents wanted their second child to be a girl….. ).

I honestly think having a sister growing up would have made things easier for me.  Could well have led to my coming out much sooner.

Stevie

JOJO
      Lady

Wendie, you are very lucky to have such an understanding mother. I too had no sisters so I had to dress in my mothers clothes.  Unlike your situation I lived in fear that my mother would discover my crossdressing and I had to make sure that I returned all of her clothes exactly in the same location and folded the exact same way. If she knew she never said a word to me about it. I do have an older brother and I think he knew I liked  to dress but he too never said a word about it as well.

I was so careful to put everything back EXACTLY like she had it, especially her underwear!

Monica

JOJO
          Lady

Returning her clothes to the same location was always my biggest concern.

Anonymous

My mom was also very understanding. I know she knew, I left so many tell-tale signs behind😉 But, she never said a word. And, I do have a younger sister, but I probably would have not done anything differently if I hadn’t.

Haley😘

No sisters, Wendie…

But my story is somewhat similar. I lived with my dad and stepmom after my parents divorced. My stepmom was a blonde, hazel-eyed debutante that, like your mom, had an exquisite taste in clothing. She also had several silks and satins, and I felt like I was in Wonderland when she was away and I could go through her walk-in closets. The softness, the gentle caress of her blouses – the lingering aroma of her perfume was intoxicating. Unfortunately, when she caught me wearing one of her outfits, the result wasn’t the same – in fact, all she said was “Oh. Excuse me”, and she turned and left the room. I was completely embarrassed, changed into my regular clothes, then had to listen to her and her sister , who she’d called over for ‘support’, how sick I must be. I was sent to live with my mom after that day. The tragic part is, I just wanted to know what it felt to be as pretty as her. I didn’t mean to hurt her. In the decades since, and after my dad passed away, we’ve become somewhat closer. She refuses to let me talk about that time, though, which hurts a bit since she was my very first feminine “idol”.

I understand, though. She was raised in a much less accepting time, and her beliefs are strong. I just wish that I could tell her that I didn’t do what I did to spite her – I did it because I loved & admired her.

Ugh. Hurt time.

Valerie

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I also didn’t have any sisters, or any siblings in fact. However I did get caught twice but she was very cool about it, but now I’m sure she must have known more than I thought she did. One knows if things have been moved around don’t you, but she was always good about it.

Like has been mentioned about other Mom’s mine was a stylish dresser as well, even up to her passing at nearly 80. She had nice looking clothes, and not just little old lady clothes, though of course she didn’t dress trashy or anything like that but in up to date, good looking clothes.

This brings one of my regrets. I was so deep in the closet back then and I didn’t have a defined feminine persona like I have now when she passed, but I wish I could tell her about Amy, and introduce her to her sometime daughter. She always wanted a girl too, but life did not give her another child. One question I wish I had asked her, was what was the girl name you had in mind if I had been a girl. When I was born in the 50’s there was no way to tell the sex of the baby till it arrived!

Amy

Wendie Cross
      Duchess

UPDATE

That was so many years ago. My mom was the greatest. I can remember days, after school, when she and I were home alone. She was in the kitchen preparing dinner for when my dad came home. I was in here bedroom wearing her clothes. She had such a magnificently large full length mirror in her room. As a 14 year old boy it was confusing why I felt so pretty looking at myself in that mirror. My mom, God rest her soul, took my secret took her grave. I loved her so much. Eventually I grew out of her clothes and disappeared into the closet for a long time. Upon the occasional visit to see my family I would sneak into her bedroom and stand in front of her closet touching her clothes wishing so much that I could try them on.

Hi Wendie thanks for sharing your story with us, it must have been nice having a mother who encouraged you to dress, I have 3 sister’s 1 older and 2 younger than me, that’s where i got my love of dressing from when i was alone in the house i used to wear my older sister’s lingerie,

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

Wendie Cross
        Duchess

Rozalyn

She never really encouraged me or watched me wear her clothes even though she knew I was doing it. She understood and accepted me for who I felt like.

Even though she knew that you were wearing her clothes she never scolded you and said that it was wrong for a boy to wear women’s clothes, A lot of parents would have hit the roof and called you some sort of pervert and sent you for some therapy X

Hugs Rozalyn X

Hi Wendy,

You’re so lucky to have had a mother to encourage you. Mine would have disowned me. I had no sisters to borrow from, so it was my mother’s clothing and accessories that I used starting at 13. She had this black clutch purse that I just loved! Then one day one of my aunts left my mom a couple of bags of clothes at the house to see if my mom wanted them. I was able to find a few things that I liked and could wear and stashed them in my secret hiding place. As far as I know, she never found anything, and if she did, she never confronted me.

Monica

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Both of my parents were in the US Marines. I was the youngest in the family with 3 older brothers. My Mom was the only female.  When I hit puberty, I became curious as to how wearing her things would feel. Although being as careful as I could be, I could never seem to fold her things back the way she kept them. She confronted me a couple of times asking if I had been in her things. I had to lie about it but I think she always knew. I think she was just hoping to let me know that she was aware of what I was doing. I don’t think she really wanted to drag it out in the open. One night i got up during the night. Found her swimsuit hanging in the bath. I put it on, stuffed the bra and went back to bed but fell asleep. The next morning, I heard her coming in the bedroom I shared with two of my brothers. I panicked and froze. I heard her slowly coming to my bed. Felt her lift up my covers to see why I had bumps under the sheet. She gasped and dropped the sheet and left the room. She never said a word.

I probably would have had to run away from home to escape the scorn and ridicule that I would have gotten form Dad and brothers. Guess she knew that too.

Hi
      i had no sisters and was one of three boys, like some of you i would venture into my mother’s wardrobe try on knickers, girdles etc. nothing was ever said at the time though i suspected she knew something was up, then once i put a girdle and bra in my draw which she found and questioned me about, can’t remember my reply but i knew she knew what i was about, she didn’t never say anything after that even though i knew she often found things of mine.
      Wendy

Anonymous

Hi Wendy.

Like many of the other girls here, I don’t have any sisters either, so I had to learn by watching my mom dress. She always worked, so she dressed professionally. When she would leave for work I would sneak into her bedroom and try on her bras, panties, girdles, stockings, slips, dresses, shoes, and anything else I could find. As I grew older I also began to experiment with her makeup and wigs (women in that era seem to have worn more wigs than they do today, so it was easy to find one to try on). I always loved how I looked and felt, even though it didn’t make any sense to me why I felt that way.

While she never caught me dressed, when I was a teen she found some of my lingerie that I had purchased at a thrift store and then hidden under my bed, so I’m pretty sure she knew what was going on, but she never called me out on it. I know she always wanted a daughter, so perhaps I was her surrogate daughter in this way.

Hugs,

Holly

Wendie Cross
        Duchess

Holly

I often felt the same way. I wondered if my mothers acceptance and understanding stemmed from that fact that she never had any daughters.

Anonymous
      Lady

Thanks for sharing Wendie. What a great mom you had.

No sisters or other immediate family. I always knew I loved feminine clothes so would get them where ever I could which wasn’t very often in my younger years. I’m sure the caretakers noticed but never said anything.

J J
      Lady

No sisters for me as well, and a neighborhoodfull of boys, so it was a typical “guys” upbringing. The girls had cooties and were to be avoided, again very typical, so I had no feminine influence other then my mother.  Twice, out of the blue I put her things on, once the whole deal, bra, panties, stockings, girdle dress and wig. They were the only two times I dressed as a child, and the only time I even had a desire to.

Fast forward many years and I started to wear panties, then bras and progressed to full dressing. Recently I came out to my cousin who I always was close with even though she lived in Michigan and I in California. We had a very nice discussion about my dressing, desires, progression, etc. It was very cathartic, and even though my wife knows of my dressing she has no curiosity about it, so when my cousin asked questions it was easy to open to her about when it started, etc. A comment that really stays with me was when I talked about that first experience of putting on all my mother’s things was how trendy my mother was and how envious the Michiganers were of the California style. She implied at how good and stylish I must have looked and how she would love to have dressed like that.

Now she is my sister of sorts, so after all these years it is nice to have someone to share with.

I actually did grow up with a sister… And we both lived with my dad. I didn’t get the urge to start dressing until I was in my early 20’s and living alone though, minus 1 time in my teens when I stole a thong from my mom’s drawer to see what it felt like. I think that if I had the urge to dress at an earlier age there’s NO WAY I’d mess with my sister’s stuff 😅

Davina
      Lady

I had a half sister, from my dad’s previous marriage,  that I did not even know about until I was in high school. My parents never ever talked about her. I was able to meet her and developed a close relationship until she passed away a few years ago.

It was my mom’s clothes I tried on growing up, bras, panties, slips and all of her dresses. Was never caught doing it but I am sure my mom suspected it, but never asked me about it. It was the feel of her clothes that hooked me into wanting to cross dress. I love wearing lingerie and slipping into a lovely dress.

Wendie Cross
      Duchess

She was

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?