Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Life can be very interesting in a good way. Volunteering at a local food bank where my role is to encourage food and monetary donations from individuals and companies. I meet with corporations(large and small) through Zoom telecons. I showed a few people at the food bank my en femme pictures back a few days ago when the subject of Christmas gifts received surfaced. My SO was so thoughtful with gifts of blouses, makeup and thought to myself, why not show them! Management, and especially the men and ladies in the office, after seeing the pics of me in skorts(which I have posted to my profile pics) pleaded for me to come in and work en femme.
      So I went in en femme and it was a very productive day(I think by coincidence). It appears to me(I’m naïve) the men enjoyed talking with en femme compared to before. I received many commitments from companies and thus management are begging me to come in again today en femme so here I go. They are so nice. They asked me what name I go by(April Flowers of course) and is the ladies washroom accommodating (when out I always use the ladies room) for me.
      So here I am in the ladies room with 4-5 other women of all ages, brushing my hair, and talking about life. 10 minutes later I’m having a discussion on the upcoming NFL playoffs with the men.
      Again, this volunteer work is occurring at a non-profit and may not be representative. So ladies, can this now be expected where the work environment world is much more accommodating for us?

I am having the time of my life.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi April.

Lucky you!

It doesn’t hurt that you’re so cute and passable with good fashion taste and makeup skills.

That’s so cool to go to work en femme
      I wish I could .no wonder you had a productive day I am in a male dominated job only had one girl but she left after graduation form college
      I do like to wear pantries and stockings which I wear 4days a week I could never do a bra it would make me very noticeable

Peace and love
      Jennifer Sullivan

Barb Wire
      Lady

That’s awesome, April!

“Yup, Green Bay could go all the way this year! Oh, btw, nice eyelashes!”

Barb 🙂

Have to agree with you on the Packers chances. Thanks for the nice eyelashes comment….that is the best. Chicago Bears, forget about it! No longer a good organization.

Kate
      Baroness

How cool, nice of you to do volunteer work no matter how your dressed!

Kate

This is wonderful April. I think this represents an opportunity for others of us to branch-out into new areas of life. I discovered that many non-profit organizations are desperately in need of help with Information technology , and other skill sets, and they are often welcoming and inclusive. I started volunteering at a church that is welcoming to all, regardless of gender identity or presentation, and it is wonderful to be able to show up, en femme, en homme, or somewhere in-between, and be accepted however I present.

carla

Just arrived back home after another wonderful day of volunteer work. The men are so complimentary….who would have thought……LOL! They like the Skorts.
        -April

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I can report that it isn’t only the volunteer sector. I have been working En femme for the last five years. I have applied for jobs and gone for interviews after putting in my application along with a covering letter. My employers, co workers and clients have been fine and there are those that see me as a woman.

Fantastic news Angela. So glad your work experience is meeting your needs. It’s about time is it not?

Angela Booth
          Hostess

Things have moved forward that’s for sure. The last five years has been since retirement. I could have done so many years ago in my main employment but I chose not to as the circumstances for me weren’t right.

April,
      What a great story. When I decided to present as a woman full time, I had a sit down with my supervisor to gauge how my coming to work as Danielle was going to be received. She had already sensed I was “different” so the idea wasn’t a total shock to her. I met with senior management and was assured they supported me and would do everything they could to ensure I was not discriminated against in any way. Our bathroom was unisex anyway so that was not an issue. It was a shock to everyone the first day I showed up in a pair of jeans and a blouse wearing heels and a wig and make up. After the novelty wore off it didn’t seem to be a big deal with most people. I interviewed for my current job as Danielle and the way I present hasn’t been a big deal with most people after I was able to show my knowledge, skills and abilities. There was one guy who seemed to have a real problem with it but I later discovered he has a thing for trans girls and was trying to be deceptive about it. We are friends now. At work is the one place I ensure I dress conservatively.

Danielle, that is also a great story. Sends happy chills down my spine.

-APril

How wonderful for you!  i can only dream that it would happen to me.  Then again, you are so lovely.

Anonymous

Wow!

If only that sort of acceptance were more widespread, not just for us, but others too. Still, it bodes well for the future. Little steps, eh?

Connie
      xxx

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?