Tagged: 

Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Uh . . ., let’s just say that “several years ago” (ok, maybe more than “several”), the GG who helped “Terri” come into existence, came up with my name. I was very, very “green” at the time and had given it absolutely no thought . . . nor did I even know it was a thing. She named me using the feminized version of the name of a famous athlete whom we both agreed looked like Terri’s twin. I did not question it then and have not since – until the last month or so. If I do change my name, then I would “jump in with both high-heels on” and do so with friends who know/have met me and across social media. (Driver’s license and passport would not be an issue! 😉)

So, I know that I am over-thinking this and many will go “why did I click on this?” but – have any of you ever changed your “femme name” and, if so, what – if any issues did you have?

Yes, when I started cross-dressing in earnest I went though many name changes before I settled on Aurora Borealis. Aurora B.

Anonymous

When I first crossdressed I had a different name. Then I was on another website with a different name. If I transition to full time, I will probably pick another name.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I adopted my name. My mother would have called me Angela if I were born a girl and my surname was added later.  As I started to get out more I realised that I wanted to strengthen her identity. I made a call to my Credit card company and asked for a second card on my account and got one. I suspect it might be more difficult now with the money laundering and fraud. I followed about five years ago with my banks debit card. They took the title of and used my initials  with the surname thus having a gender free card. 

I started to apply for jobs and have gained employment and have had a few jobs. The companies have no issues and I have all my female details on mails, cards and on the company internet. 

This has all been achieved without formally changing my name. 

When I came out to my first wife,  I didn’t have a femme name but she started referring to me rather tongue-in-cheek with a sort of fussy, old fashioned kind of name. It was a bit humorous and I think it helped her to cope with seeing her husband in a dress. I never did use it myself though but did come up with a much nicer one (“Maria”) that suited me much better later on after that marriage ended and I was single again.  I was very closeted during this period and never revealed it to anyone or  used it anywhere.  After having come out to my second wife, she asked about me using a femme name. While I did love my previous moniker, I felt it was important to leave that association behind and this time my wife and I should both pick out a new name for my new beginning and that’s how Michaela (or “Kayla” to my friends) came about.  ❤️

*** Kayla ***

Janice
      Duchess

When I first decided I needed a femme name I chose the name of someone my wife admired, Suzy Orman.
      She started as a waitress and with verbal and cash tips she became a famous financial advisor. Maybe it is just me but a waitress getting financial tips from customers made me wonder what other services she provided. So, with tongue-in-cheek, I named myself Susie Horman. I have since changed my name to the current Janus Emory. Janus was the Roman god of endings, transitions and beginnings. The god was often depicted with 2 faces, one male, one female. My wife passing was the end of one life, coming out to the world came during my transition and the beginning of Janus.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

A while back I wanted to, the name Sherry, seemed to be a better fit. But I have been Carolyn to long to do that now.

Sherry is a nice femme name Carolyn. It made my own short list this last time around but with the alternate spelling of “Cherie”.  I knew a girl during my early school days with that name and remember her as being very sweet.

*** Kayla ***

In my late 20’s the first name I chose for my ‘girl-self’ was Julie, it sort of felt right; fast forward (its seems like that, where does time go ?), to my mid-50’s when I started crossdressing again regularly  and more often – I decided on a first name of Alicen, with middle name of Julia plus a made up surname.

Revel
      Baroness

Yes. Back in 2018 when I first started cross-dressing, my femme name was “Joy” because I felt so much enjoyment being a crossdresser, but when Christmas time came around, the issue I had with this name/word is I saw “JOY” everywhere, and I got sick of it. I wanted to change my name that was related to being joyful, and when I discovered that “Revel” meant to enjoy oneself in a lively way, I knew it was a perfect name for me, and I eventually changed my name to “Revel” on June 11, 2019. I have never regretted it, and I’m so happy that I did before I became a member here at CDH. It makes me…REVEL! 😀

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

When I first came across my femme name I immediately feel in love with it and knew it was me. Way in the past I did use some other names but that was before I got serious with my femininity. If you feel that you should find your true femme name then go for it.

Hugs, Liara

My “femme” name is actually my real name given to me by my mother at my birth, Lauren. When I was in school I was teased a lot for having a girl’s name so In grade 9 I went to the school office to see if they could change the way the name was spelled. They changed the spelling in the school records to LORNE. But the name was never legally changed so my legal birth name has now become my real name again and it is a woman’s name, Lauren.

I had chosen the name “Lorrie” since I liked it. But when I came out to my wife, she said I should be a “Kathryn.” I have grown to love it and spell it after one of my heroes, Kathryn Janeway of Star trek Voyager. She was a powerful yet beautiful woman.

i was Lucinda 55 for years and i got deleted somehow so i went to Lucinda 49  49 was my age i am now 59 so i am keeping 49 this way i can get people to know who i am. i am no longer Lucinda 59 i am Lucinda 49

When I first began dressing I was Britney… Because I loved Ms. Spears. I still do but… Up until now, I had been Jenn. for about 25 years. Jenna for the last I think 6 of those. And… on the day I came out to my family ( (Ex)Wife, daughter, daughters-fiance… AND my parents… ) Starbucks mis-spelled my real name on my cup… “Jess” and so “Jess” stuck. Literally. To my cup. LOL And so I adopted it, partly because it’s a bitter-sweet but mostly good memory, it’s a funny story, and it’s so close to my actual legal name.

I’m not so good at emails when I somehow found on websites some CD sites and the one I found and glad I decided to join they were asking for my female name (CDH Vanessa Law) I put Addrianna some how I got in but keep it loosing my password after several intentions I managed to log into but asked for another fem name won’t accept Addrianna no more I did remember an old friend her name was Aurora very pretty I just added an s becoming Auroras Livingfem and got back where I started and trying to remember password easy and in the meantime happy dressing

I’d been Christine ever since I knew I was a girl.  Christine to me was the ultimate feminine name; I’ve always loved the French -ine endings, and the name was just so pretty.  It fit me.  So why did I change?  Well, I am Jewish, and Christine isn’t a name that is seen in many synagogues.  I always felt conflicted about this issue, and finally the conflict came to a head, and I came to the conclusion that I needed a name that reflected who, and what I was.  So, I reached back into my past, and found the feminine form of the Hebrew name I was given at birth.  I am now at peace, and I’ve come to love my new name, Arielle

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’ve been Catherine Louise, (Caty) since I “borrowed” the first name from a family friend whom dropped of her kids for childminding whilst she and hubby went to a formal ball. Hair and make up immaculate and wearing a long flowing apricot chiffon gown…

Guess where the motivation for my profile picture came from??

Caty.

Elaine
      Duchess

I came out to my wife at about the same time I retired. Coincidentally our housekeeper (Dayle) retired also so I took over her responsibilities. Jokingly my wife and I would talk about what ‘Dayle’ had done or cleaned or needed from the store to maintain the house, so Dayle became my femme name.  A couple years ago my Uncle Dale passed away so going by Dayle seemed disrespectful. As I was considering a new name Mr Roger’s Neighborhood movie was popular. It reminded of my favorite character Lady Elaine, and a long ago friend who called herself ‘Elaine the pain.’

Anonymous

Nope. Never have changed it. I’ve been Raquel here and everywhere else that I’ve taken on a femme persona going back at least 12-15 years.

At the first club I ever visited while en femme, membership was required. (The membership fee was only $1). The bartender asked to see ID, and then asked my name. I meekly pointed to the driver’s license she was holding. She said, “No honey. What’s your name?”  I got what she was asking and replied, “Oh! I’m Raquel”.

That handwritten scrap of cardboard “officially” identifying me as Raquel has become a prized possession.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Until the internet, I really didn’t have or use a name.  For the few times I sent away for items – mail order – I just used my (legal) first initial and last name and used a money order.  (you know, KISS ). But online of course changed all that, because most places require an email address, and in cases like this,  one would want to keep it separate from their normal one.

I then got into a rpg website for the books of a rather famous writer.  I decided to try for a feminine character all the way through.  Besides my online ‘character’, I used a first name I liked and a last name of an ancestral line, again ease of use.  The problem there was the more I got involved (and the more I was asked to be involved!) the more people wanted to know a little more about who they were interacting with.  Understanding that I was not being entirely honest, I did try to keep it to a minimum but, unfortunately, some ‘fan’ decided to try to search my email name 0ut and found a very similar  name in the same metro area. Gee, you’d think? And began harassing me a little.  Not so fun. I left that site for various reasons, one of them being that I was becoming uncomfortable with myself, although there were others, thus ending the name. That site eventually closed down also.

This name I’ve been using here for almost as long on practically every other web site where it’s appropriate, like here and one like here that changed somewhat several years ago. It’s also the one I use on fictionmania and the one work of fiction up on Amazon Kindle.

Hugs, ChloeC

Anonymous

I debated on what name that I really wanted to have for a very long time and made it my whole new legal name.

Leslie
      Lady

I love the stories of all of your choices for names!

Mine is both simpler and more complicated. The simple part is that Leslie is mygiven middle name. It seems that my father wanted it as my first name after his brother who had died very young. Frankly I hated the name because I got made fun of by the other kid if they knew it. But when I began my journey in CD and transitioning it appealed to me. Then I looked up my uncle online. And he seems to be the only person in my father’s family that I would have cared to know. And in looking him up I discovered that was Leslie Spencer and that seems such a beautiful name I took it for my own. In good tradition to honor him and maybe to find something redeeming in my father’s family. I did not see my father or any of his family for twenty years, until his funeral. And then they associated with my older brother but it was like I didn’t exist. So I guess that in some ways my name is a dig back at them. Mean little bitch that I am.

Sylvia
      Lady

Hello Terri and happy Easter !

My Femme name has never changed.
      It’s the name I would have had , if I was born as a Girl , what
      didn’t happen sadly….
      I really like the name , and it was given by my parents ,
      so that’s what makes it special to me as well.

Love Sylvia.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

No I haven’t and at this point I don’t think I will, as so many people now know me by this name in person and online here and other places.

The only thing would be if I knew the girl’s name my parents must have had in mind before I was born, but now there is no way I could find out that information as everyone of their generation is now gone.

Amy

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Terri, I could never change my femme name.  It was my Mom who gave my femme name to me and as soon as she told me, I loved it.  I so wish that she would have given me my name years earlier; that definitely would have helped my journey.  Hugs, Krista🐶

Anonymous

I don’t know if I really changed it. I more modified and added to it. I started out just Jessie. Then I added Li for Jessie Li. Recently I made it a full name into Jessie Lee Kall. Kall came from when my friend asked me my girl name and I said call me Jessie. I switched the Li to Lee because it my mothers middle name.

Jasmine
      Lady

Once I settled on the name Jasmine which was kind of random it just popped into my head and I liked it and it just fit me and I was stuck with it every since and I don’t think I would ever want to change it

Gail Rich
      Lady

I never really had to pick a name until I went on this site. In the few seconds I had while completing the info I picked Gail. I was never really Gail until I became part of CDH. In fact I sometimes thought of myself as Andrea.

I started out as Barbara in 95 and changed it to Barbie in 97. At 6’6 tall it was decided I needed a more girly name to not come across as so fearsome people.

Hi. Ive been Aurora Borealis,for about a year or so, thats my name,here. Ive often considered changing it to Sharon, Sheri, and a,couple of others but its how Ive presented myself on CDH and to myself. Alsoits,worse than changing your phone number! Confusion and indecision, neither much good. So I will stick with Aurora Borealis. A.B.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

I always liked the name Dianne so many years ago I chose that name for myself. I was very closeted then so my name wasn’t known to anyone but me. It stayed that way for a long while until I decided I wanted to try something different and I chose Charlotte. I used it for a while but it never really clicked so I went back to Dianne but kept looking for something else. A year ago I was watching a TV show & saw a very attractive middle-aged woman in it. When the credits played I saw her name was Fiona & it clicked immediately. I’ve been Fiona ever since, & being so comfortable with it, I have no intention of ever changing it.

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?