- Wear SO's cast offs
- SO's buys me some
- Buy my ones exclusively
- Share clothes
- Gifts from non SO's
- October 25, 2021 at 5:34 am #564025Amanda BurtonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
There was a good question asked today in one of the forums about clothes purged by SO’s. So I was wondering how do most of us obtain our clothes. and do many wear their ex SO’s clothes if they fit, are you a lone shopper, does someone buy you items,how are your obtained.
- This topic was modified 1 month ago by Amanda Burton.
Total of 24 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- October 27, 2021 at 2:57 am #564929Carolyn KayBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: August 25, 2016Topics: 20Replies: 310Has thanked: 1428 timesBeen thanked: 1582 times
I buy about half of my clothes myself, either at the stores or on line. The rest of my femme wear my wife helps me with. We go shopping together, I am in drab, and she helps me select items. Just last week she bought me a new bra while we were out. We have a lot of fun shopping and last year, before covid, she even talked me into using the changing room to try things on. It was only two blouses but still I enjoyed it. She will not go out with me if I am femme dressed but does let me dress around the house.
- October 27, 2021 at 5:06 am #564973
- October 26, 2021 at 6:02 pm #564805Phoebe SmythLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 165Has thanked: 457 timesBeen thanked: 387 times
I usually make my own purchases either online or in store. My wife and I are different sizes however occasionally we buy each other things or may be returning something that’s sized wrong and the other will adopt it instead but not usually as we typically have different tastes.
We do share some things such as nail polish, etc..
- October 27, 2021 at 5:12 am #564974Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
So lovely to be able to share things with each other, and have the the same interests in feminine clothes and makeup too.
Lol Amanda xx
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 26, 2021 at 12:34 pm #564663Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 751Has thanked: 48129 timesBeen thanked: 1759 times
Buy my own “women’s” clothes; I’ve been doing this since late 2015. I shop alone and in-store, usually in “drab” but I’ve shopped dressed full en fem twice. I’ve been slow and steady in building my confidence to now I browse and buy from anywhere that sells women’s clothes.
Wear SO’s cast offs; Although my SO’s clothes are women’s plus sizes and too big for me, she cleaned her closet out this spring and had a huge bag for the donation bin. I had heard of a re-sell store in my area and I separated the nicer clothes from the daily/casual clothes. This time something told me try everything on to see if anything might fit me. Good thing I did, I found a black long sleeve all lace button-up blouse. Since all lace has no stretch, it fit me perfectly; I kept it.
Others?; I have got some women’s clothes from my CD/TG support group. Before COVID, we partnered with a TG teen support group and held a free clothes swap once or twice per year; usually in the spring and/or autumn. I ended up with 5 dresses, 3 blouses, 1 top, 1 casual top, 1 cardigan, 3 camis, and 1 skirt over two swap events.
- October 26, 2021 at 1:49 pm #564686Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
Love the teen swap idea, or even just a CD second hand clothes bank which could support those in the local communities that have difficulty in obtaining items either physically or financially.
Lol Amanda xx
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 26, 2021 at 8:43 am #564586zeezeeDuchessRegistered On: November 10, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 23Has thanked: 60 timesBeen thanked: 72 times
There are four places close to me that resell clothing. I have bought a lot of things there, especially shoes. I wear a women’s nine which is easy to find. I love stilettos and have quite a few pair. I also buy online. I found a seller on eBay that sells (seconds) of Orchard corsets. I ordered one and I am so happy with it. It is a true corset and does wonders for my waistline. I am a little shy about buying in person (It’s for my wife.). I was buying a pair of shoes a few weeks ago at a resale shop. The cashier said ‘enjoy your shoes’ as I left. I gave her a big smile and said thanks. That made me feel so good. I will go back.
Of the four places, Goodwill is the worst. Volunteers of America is much better with a huge selection at low prices. The other two are resellers. I like them both although one is more friendly than the other.
- October 26, 2021 at 1:37 pm #564681Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
I ‘m sure once you get the confidence buying yourself becomes easier. Start at the stores with the nice assistances and remember you don’t have to explain anything it’s not their business to know. Good luck,
Lol Amanda xx
- October 26, 2021 at 8:06 am #564580Chelly KrossLadyRegistered On: April 21, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 261Has thanked: 378 timesBeen thanked: 889 times
Mine has advanced in stages over the years.
1. My first wife never knew, so I would sneak hers from the closet when she was away. I would occasionally buy pantyhose and stash in secret hiding places.
2. After our separation, I bought me a few things, still hid them because nobody knew.
3. Upon meeting my current wife and confessing to her early on, my wardrobe exploded. She bought me things, let me wear some of her things(we are the same size), gave me things she didn’t like and later gave me things she said she thought looked better on me than it did her. I have also bought myself new outfits on occasions, but she pretty well keeps me stocked up now. My favorite item to buy me is shoes, high heels specifically. We still have a few outfits we both like, so we just share those pieces, but for the most I have my own complete wardrobe now and she has hers.
- October 26, 2021 at 1:59 pm #564688Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
- October 25, 2021 at 10:23 pm #564449
- October 25, 2021 at 5:21 pm #564315Regine KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 43Replies: 1470Has thanked: 19142 timesBeen thanked: 6943 times
When i first started this in earnest, and came out to my wife, She half filled my closet with clothes that were just a bit to big for her, then, as Christmas was coming on, she went crazy buying for Regine.
Since that time, I buy all my own, online, in person, wherever. The only thing she hasn’t given me, are Lingerie, and shoes, those I pick myself.
But I am so grateful to her, for getting me going, and she has great taste, I may add.
- October 26, 2021 at 2:03 pm #564690Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
Sounds like you have an absolutely treasure of a wife.
Lol Amanda xx
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 25, 2021 at 4:40 pm #564305Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 341Has thanked: 494 timesBeen thanked: 1132 times
I started with the “thrift” approach and such while testing what I liked on my frame.
Once I was “out” to my wife, I started buying from online shops(Amazon Prime is great, free shipping and free returns). I also started going to Kohls and other stores in the mall. Sometimes my wife would go with to shop and give her 2 cents on my choices.
I know some folks have done the Amazon thing delivering to the lockers, so that the SO doesn’t see what’s purchased. I never went that route.
I was in the Macy’s women’s shoe dept last weekend looking at knee high boots. Another shopper asked, “you looking a these LADIES boots?” with a little too much attitude. I said “Yeah! They’re cuter and have a better heel than the men’s version”, she didn’t know how to respond and just shrugged and started talking to someone else…hehe…
It’s fun to show her what I picked up and see what she thinks. “oh that’s cute!” is what I hope for. “Ohh, hmm, no…” happens too. Usually followed by “you KNOW you’re not a 23 year old hoochie, why did you get this?” LOL
Get out there and do some shopping! The more the see us buying what we like in drab, the less surprising it will become for everyone.
Have fun out there!
- October 26, 2021 at 2:09 pm #564693Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
- October 26, 2021 at 12:02 am #564455Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 37Replies: 1529Has thanked: 4724 timesBeen thanked: 7482 times
Clothes and shoe shopping en femme is much more fun and feels more natural than drab shopping!
The range of reactions is stunning – tends to be either gushing enthusiasm and lots more help than you’d expect, or a sniff, a cold shoulder, and being completely ignored like you’re not even there.
The latter is rare, and those shops simply don’t get my custom.
I wouldn’t want to support places with that attitude anyway 😁😍😍
- October 26, 2021 at 2:18 pm #564699Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
- October 26, 2021 at 8:36 am #564585Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 341Has thanked: 494 timesBeen thanked: 1132 times
- October 25, 2021 at 8:58 pm #564436AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
“you KNOW you’re not a 23 year old hoochie, why did you get this?” LOL indeed.
I have a pair of black pleather Daisy Dukes, and a pair of black pleather leggings, neither of which will ever leave the house. I knew that when I bought them, but a girl can dream of her lost youth, can’t she?
- October 26, 2021 at 2:23 pm #564703Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
What’s life if we can’t dream Lulu, it’s a pleasure we can afford, and dreams don’t hurt.
Lol Amanda xx
1 user thanked author for this post.
- October 26, 2021 at 8:34 am #564584
- October 25, 2021 at 4:33 pm #564304Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 90Replies: 4527Has thanked: 6398 timesBeen thanked: 11097 times
A great question! Probably the best fitting category as a lone shopping shopaholic is buy my own. As Grace said from boutiques, women’s clothing stores, charity shops and on-line.
- October 25, 2021 at 3:26 pm #564284Kimberly Ann VictoriaLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 125Has thanked: 507 timesBeen thanked: 434 times
I am a closeted CD so I buy all my own clothes. I was brave enough to go to Goodwill today and it was exhilarating. Shopped for clothes like every other Women there. Tried on all the clothes I looked at and nobody gave it a second thought. Left there with Women’s pants, a cute flowered Skirt, a Top, 3in Heels and my prize possession a LBD (Little Black Dress)
- October 25, 2021 at 5:11 pm #564311Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 15Replies: 562Has thanked: 1650 timesBeen thanked: 2583 times
Nicely done Kimberley. There is no substitute for in person shopping. Seeing the real color, feeling the actual fabric, trying it on, it’s the only way to go. And Goodwill is a great place to build your confidence. As you said, it’s exhilarating. One of the best things about CD is the shopping. Now you go girl!
- October 25, 2021 at 5:50 pm #564319Kimberly Ann VictoriaLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 125Has thanked: 507 timesBeen thanked: 434 times
- October 26, 2021 at 9:23 am #564603Krissy RichardsLadyRegistered On: June 4, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 267Has thanked: 474 timesBeen thanked: 974 times
In these modern times many shops dont really care if your a man or women. They just want the sale, ive always tried to try things on back in the last century you would get some funny looks? But its all about being confident, i used to say yes i dress as a female because if you were to peel back the layers you would find just that a woman! So girls be happy carefree and most of all yourself is the only way to be
- October 26, 2021 at 3:10 pm #564733
- October 25, 2021 at 3:33 pm #564293Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
- October 25, 2021 at 1:48 pm #564246Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 101Replies: 957Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 3585 times
Mostly on line, but sometimes eg lingerie in person. Also a bit “hybrid”… Buy on line, but go to a local store of that particular brand.. “Pick up for Mrs Ryan” Yes, an old saw but it works…..
No chance of clothes swapping with the Boss. She is much smaller than me. (EG size 12 bra I’m an 18)
- October 26, 2021 at 10:14 am #564625LadyRegistered On: June 4, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 267Has thanked: 474 timesBeen thanked: 974 times
I’m a bit of a bargain hunter and love buying quite cheap stuff off ebay and some many sellers don’t really care who you are? As long as they get what they want for their items everyone is happy. I do love wandering around shops trying on and buying clothes in person too. I always ask to try them on 1st. Most shops don’t care that I’m woman
in the process of becoming a woman x
- October 25, 2021 at 2:10 pm #564255
- October 25, 2021 at 12:25 pm #564221Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 370Has thanked: 770 timesBeen thanked: 1671 times
I buy all of my own clothes from everywhere that sells them. Love shopping in person and I love looking for bargains. I also buy ninty present of my wives clothes. She says I have awesome tastes. I am a dress and shoe hound.
- October 25, 2021 at 10:59 am #564152AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- October 25, 2021 at 10:17 am #564135Christine PetitBaronessRegistered On: August 9, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 3Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 6 times
- October 25, 2021 at 1:11 pm #564227Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
- October 25, 2021 at 10:26 am #564139WifeofChristineRegistered On: September 15, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 25Has thanked: 211 timesBeen thanked: 274 times
- October 25, 2021 at 6:10 pm #564325Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 186Has thanked: 3719 timesBeen thanked: 799 times
- October 25, 2021 at 1:21 pm #564231Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
- October 25, 2021 at 10:09 am #564131Heather JamesonDuchessRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 802Has thanked: 1932 timesBeen thanked: 3216 times
Hi Amanda, I by all my own stuff, I’m addicted to shopping, it’s my favourite part of dressing I think. Nothing like getting dressed and a hard day of storming the malls and boutiques for a deal and that thing you see that you must have. I think if I was an alien when I landed my first words to the people would be, take me to your shoe store and mall.
Thanks, Heather with a serious retail problem.
- October 25, 2021 at 9:01 am #564104Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 163Replies: 3866Has thanked: 14517 timesBeen thanked: 23236 times
I buy all my own clothes, from anywhere that sells them….shops, boutiques, charity stores, supermarkets…..and on line too.
it’s not a chore or a job for me….it’s a pleasure and a 24/7 operation….and believe me, nowhere is safe from my clutches…..just ask my bank account!!!
- October 25, 2021 at 8:51 am #564099LadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 186Has thanked: 3719 timesBeen thanked: 799 times
- October 25, 2021 at 1:30 pm #564238
- October 25, 2021 at 8:48 am #564098Liara WolfeLadyRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 779Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 2885 times
My wife and I are pretty much the same size (clothes and shoes). So while I would like my own wardrobe and because my wife doesn’t know about my starting dressing again (told her years ago and she wasn’t too keen on it) I wear her clothes and shoes. I do have my own panties and bras.
- October 25, 2021 at 7:22 am #564069MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 49Replies: 821Has thanked: 3690 timesBeen thanked: 3740 times
When my wife died, I pinched all her sarongs, but otherwise we were the wrong size, so that wouldn’t have been an option. I used to add the odd knickers and tights and tops and then some plain tunic dresses, that sort of thing, to a big food shop at the local big store. Then to online for more choice and now I’m getting more confident at just shopping for what I want in stores and clothes shop.
- October 25, 2021 at 1:55 pm #564248Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
It’s a great relief to be able to break out of that confinement of what I call stealth shopping ( internet, and catalogue shopping) and have the enjoyment and confidence to shop in person in department stores and really feel that amazing buzz and pleasure.
Lol Amanda xx
- October 25, 2021 at 7:09 am #564067Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 717Has thanked: 699 timesBeen thanked: 3159 times
I used to wear my wife’s stuff (this was before I bought my own and before I came out), eventually I stopped as I noticed I was stretching out her clothes.
My wife rarely casts off any clothes, and her taste in style is vastly different from mine so no, I would not take any of her cast offs.
I buy my own and have been buying my own for a long time now.
- October 25, 2021 at 1:57 pm #564249
- October 25, 2021 at 6:39 am #564059Jin CrockerLadyRegistered On: November 15, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 447Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 1394 times
We shop together. for many years we were close enough to the same size that we could share most things. Now my breasts, shoulders, (alas, and tummy) are larger but we still share the same panty drawer.
I started wearing my older sister’s clothes, then Mama bought me my own. During my teen years I was introduced to boy clothes and find them better for activities where I will get dirty.
- October 25, 2021 at 5:52 am #564036Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 527Has thanked: 2533 timesBeen thanked: 2490 times
My SO still has her nose to the grindstone for another year or two before retirement. So I buy clothes for HER! Of course I get a few accoutrements for myself while I’m at it. We get our credit card statements emailed to us both and nothing is ever said. Lucky me…
She’s also half my size, so no we don’t share clothes.
- October 25, 2021 at 3:29 pm #564286Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
- October 25, 2021 at 1:46 pm #564245Baroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 76Replies: 2441Has thanked: 13272 timesBeen thanked: 10038 times
It’s seems odd that some women don’t like actually shopping yet we accept that men often don’t. I suppose we just expect shopping to be a woman’s thing, which is rather a sexist assumption. I wonder how many girls on here actually hate shopping, surly the law of averages there must be some.
Lol Amanda xx
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.