Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Since I joined last May, I have spent a lot of time reading articles, forum posts, etc.  And I got to thinking hmm I wonder where our community likes to spend their time when the visit CDH.  I know some are die hard chat room or forum post folks.  Me, I try to visit different sections to see what new content or even old stories that I may have missed.

Hi Michelle….. hope this helps. I do look at the whole site now and then but now-a-days…..maninly forums. I gave up trying to welcome all the new comers…..just don’t have the time anymore. Dropped TGH altogether…..not my thing and it was making me crazy getting heavily involved with psychological issues and medical ones….the site itself got me so frustrated over typing 2- 20 pages and then they’d lose it….aaarrrrggghhh!

Keep up those questions………it is fun to see just how similar we all are.

Dame Veronica

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Hi Dame Veronica,

It does help!  I truly appreciate the response, thank you and I will try!

Hugs,

Michelle

Well, I’ve only been at CDH for about three months, but most of that time has been spent reading/responding to Forum topics. I very much enjoy that.

I read an article or two on occasion. I have a friend or two whom I PM now and again. I always check for any new action in the Over 50 group, since I feel a special comradeship with the older gurls at CDH. I’m always searching the CDH “Friends” listing for new members in my area. (Incidentally, when I joined CDH back in December, 2018, there were a little over 9,000 members in the USA; now there are over 11,000!)

I never use the Chat feature, since I’m sorely lacking in spontaneity, although one day I’d like to try it just to see what that’s like.

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Camryn, would love to see you there, especially with the new chat.  As for other areas, I enjoy reading the articles as well as the forum posts.

Hugs,

Michelle

Thanks, Michelle. I never experienced the old chat, so the new chat will be a whole new thing for me. But I will try it as soon as I have at least an hour or so to hang out at CDH. I’m sort of shy when it comes to real-time discussions, which I assume Chat is.

Hi Michelle

I enjoy reading the current and sometimes the archived articles and I use PM almost daily now it seems to have more personal talks with some of the friends I’ve made on CDH. The photo section us fun and generally uplifting.

I spend most of my time in the forums sharing, gaining knowledge and perspective about others on thier journey and how it relates to my own. I also try to use the profiles and bio’s, where applicable, to get a glimpse of who I’m sharing with, talking to, or to add a personal thought when greeting  as many new members as i can find the time to do.

I’ve only been on chat twice briefly, but I’ll give it another go now that it’s been revamped.

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

The articles are my favorite; I make certain to read each one and leave at least a brief comment as I know how much that feedback means to a writer.(I’ve written 27 or so articles here myself over the last three plus years. I used to read all the forums but the volume is is high now it’s almost impossible but I do try to keep my hand in those too. I highly encourage folks to go back to older stuff ’cause a lot of great content is there for for the taking! Please do leave comments if you enjoyed them or if they made you think. And if you like something you read and wonder if anything else that person wrote might interest you, then go to the writer’s profile page and click on articles or forums underneath their profile pic. You might find hidden gems that you can recommend to your friends!
        Cyn

Hi Michelle, what a great poll! for me its mainly the forums as i seem quite active there (i think). I do go in chat, read articles etc. Nice to see what the other members enjoy too 🙂

Fiona xxx

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Fi-you have taken my old role as the Forum Monster! Keep up the great work1
        Cyn

I spend most on chat but sometimes read articles and stuff.

Becka
      Lady

I love the forums, and wish I could pay to get full access.  Just can’t right now

Thanks for the question.  I like to crossdress, I like to write, and I like to read how others contend with their CD compulsions.  When we share our perspectives and experiences, we better understand and accept our own preoccupation with this phenomenon.  If clothing was not gender associated, we could simply chose a style based on appeal.  We might be grouped as skirt-wearers, pantyhose-proponents, stiletto-oficionados, silk-Susies, or any number of cleverly descriptive phrases.  Wouldn’t it be interesting to see what choices we might make if all current styles existed but nobody made character assessments based on our choices.  This is why I read/write at CDH.  Because I’m looking for a way to be both unique and anonymous, simultaneously.

Anonymous

I’m at the LADY level so it’s a limited. I have participated in each area that I am aware of. For me, CDH has been a great gift. The stories; the good, the bad & the ugly. The photos and the tips. Each part has been  quite enlightening

I like the new members area.  I like to read about new people and how they’re dealing with familiar struggles as many of us know about.  Its hard to give sound advice as we all have different ways of coping.  But I will tell new members what I’ve done in familiar situations.

eleanor holborn
      Managing Ambassador

Chat and forums for me and people who know me know I’m a chatter box

When I first found CDH earlier this year, I read all the articles and forums. When I joined on 8/1; I decided to re-read the forums, give feedback, and thank the post starters and commenters. I also use the PM to talk to my friends list.

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

It has been awhile since I have read some of the older posts will need to revisit a few myself.  🙂

skippy1965 Cynthia
          Ambassador

Be sure to go to the Potpourri section too to see the older stuff😊
          Cyn

Michelle I love this topic/poll.

I voted for forums and private messaging because that’s where I spend my time the most. I do love looking at photos but usually of the girls I know or have just met so it doesn’t take up a lot of time. I wish I could say chatroom, just to be in a current conversation. For me the chatroom is like 10 different decks of cards where each deck is a conversation……. Now shuffle them all together ! I find I can’t keep up with the scroll or I lose track of the conversations I’m in. Can’t say groups since I’m not a paying member….. Yet.

I love articles but they aren’t a priority to me. There are so many great informative articles and I wouldn’t like to ever see us go without them, but I spend so much more time in forums.

Newsfeed I only use for mentions since that’s the only way to find them after getting a notification. I’ll look at another person’s wall to see what they have been up to and to see if new members have started participating. Useful but not time consuming. I’ll drop a note on my own wall once in a while as a general update but I don’t really expect anyone to see them since I haven’t gotten any responses or likes about any of them.

So forums and private messages.

Like I tell my friends, drop me a line or 100.  If I don’t get back to you drop another line on the same thread so it moves up to the top again.

Hugs

Autumn

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

Thanks Autumn!  It’s cool seeing where our members like to be on the site.  I still spend a lot of time reading forums, and of course writing articles for the Media Review.

Hugs,

Michelle

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Thanks Sa-man-tha! There are the PM’s and News Feed, can’t believe I forgot them..Glad we can edit posts, just add them both to the poll. 🙂

Hugs,

Michelle

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?