• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

I credit Dave Michael’s post “Have you ever looked at old photos of yourself dressed up and thought OMG – NO!” with the idea for this thread.

My oldest CD photographs are from about 24 years ago. Since then, I have taken countless photographs, worn countless different dresses, shoes, skirts, tops, etc. Do I look at old photos and wonder what I was thinking back then? Mostly, no, I don’t. There are many reasons.

The best discovery for the CD/TG part of the human population which includes new parents, pet owners and crossdressers has to be the digital camera! (True, I didn’t have a digital camera when I started taking my own pictures… which was hard to do with a polaroid camera!). So, I would dare say that over these 20+ years I may have taken maybe more than 5,000 and less than 10,000 photographs of myself. Maybe even more, who knows for sure? So, every “photo session” with say, a couple hundred photos total may see some 25-30 pics I liked and decided to keep… The rest? Ah, those bytes have been mercifully recycled into some hopefully better photos! Which makes everybody be safe from ever seeing that large percentage of photographs I wouldn’t dare exposing the world!

Yeah, I may not “like” all my pics, starting from the oldest ones until the most recent ones… But I love them all! Because they remind me of my own story! I can go back and pretty much remember all the circumstances surrounding each one of those photos. From the ones home alone hoping the neighbors wouldn’t notice the flash going off so frequently to the ones taken outdoors at an event, or a couple of visits to a photo studio or my selfies inside a dressing room at some store, etc.

I look at my clothes and most of those I wish I still had… I remember when I posted them first in a chat room or shared with my non-Crossdresser friends (both female and male) in Facebook, getting both compliments and complaints! Ha ha!

Yes, there are even some terrible pics, but I can tell that in one of them, a CIS female friend saw it and told me she thought that I had good potential to look nice! Or a couple “bad ones” which I love because I’m with a group of friends… Maybe in NYC, or Atlanta or some other place.

Every one of those photographs reminds me of things that I got to do, instead of just wondering how it would be actually going ahead and doing them! I must be getting too old and sentimental, but it is a fact… good pics, bad pics, they do tell the story! That’s why I wish people would stop posting cyber enhanced pictures, or pictures of them wearing a full mask, or even worse… posting photographs of somebody else altogether! What is your story going to be? What are your memories going to be? Be yourself, don’t be ashamed of being you!! Smiling or not, with fancy dresses or shorts and t-shirts, stilettos or barefooted, BE YOURSELF! That is, after all, what most everybody here is asking for right? “I want to feel free to be me”.

Gabriela ♥

Anonymous

Don’t get me wrong, those face morph apps are fun. But not letting others know when it is obvious, well, not the best way to go.

Molly
      Duchess

Samantha;

Much as I understand your point of view on this one… I considered long and hard before I posted the image I did for my profile.   I am very aware of the capabilities of facial recognition, and/or some of the practices put in place by certain organizations.

The deciding factor was that the image was available to the public via the forum posts, so rather than not post, I decided that the filter was the lesser of two evils.  When it is mentioned to me I make sure that it is known that there is a, (very old), filter at play.

Perhaps when I’m fully out, or when I’m retired, I may replace the picture you see with one more accurate.   Perhaps I’ll  be happy with my makeup skills by then and it’ll actually be a better picture.

On the other hand, I’d like to point out that even pictures in use on profile pages, when taken by a professional, tend to also be run through photoshop to get the ‘best’ side of the subject.

– Molly

Anonymous

Thank you Sammy!

There are of course difference between posting a cyber-enhanced pic when you make people aware of the fact, and when you post a cyber-enhanced pic and pretend that it is 100% you. And worse when it is a stolen pic.
      Honest to God… I can’t understand what kind of satisfaction can anybody get from getting compliments on a pic they “picked up” from somewhere else in the internet. Is it some kind of joy on seeing how gullible people who take them at face value can be? Or do they really feel like they are the ones being told how pretty they are?
      No clue…

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?