Viewing 68 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Living on a country back road has its perks for getting outside dressed at dawn or dusk. I can first hear any cars coming and then see the headlights so its really easy to get out of sight if I want to. Anyway, I was in a heavy pink fog last night and dressed to the nines in my favorite sundress, open front cardigan, breast forms make up ,you know what i mean. It never crossed my mind before to be concerned with any pedestrians during these times of day. Next thing I know my neighbors wife is saying hi to me as I’m standing on my front lawn. She then comes closer and starts patting my dog. Some small talk about this and that and as she turns to leave she turns around winks and says BTW you look good and don’t worry your little secret is safe with me. OMG I thought I was gonna have a heart attack! What a rush!

OMG, I can only imagine the thoughts going through your mind when you were busted. That is great she was so relaxed about the whole thing.

Holy crap! I would have wanted to sink into the earth had that been me. But now it’s out there and there isn’t much ya can do it about it. May turn into a good thing.

Anonymous

“You look good” from a neighbor who knows you can’t be a bad thing. Any chance she could become a gf for shopping?

Hugs,
      Bettylou

She is a really pretty lady and probably my size so that would be fun. Lol

Peta Mari
      Lady

Thats hillarious.

She sounds like a nice lady. I am a little surprised your dog did not alert you in advance. Sounds she would make an excellent cd wife.

Ha ha, glad it turned out ok. I can imagine how I would have felt. I probably would have tried to run and tripped over my heels and landed on my face or something. On the other hand, I tend to feel a sense of relief whenever someone new finds out. One more reaction I don’t  have to worry about. Whatever happens, happens; but my imagination is usually worse than reality.

Anonymous
      Lady

What a surprise! No time to run and hide but now she knows and thats probably a good thing. Next time you see her there will be this secret between you two and who knows she may even support you in some way.

If your pic isn’t a Faceapp then you have nothing to worry about because shes probably jealous. You look great!

Thanks 😊 Michelle.

Dear Amber: You look terrific and if the rest of you is as great as your photo you would pass easily. Not me my SO tells me, and I know she is right. Have to go to a place where being spotted is not a problem but not here is semi rural PA. Loved your story and the replies and your comments. Keep them coming please. Best, Marlene also sometimes Amber.

I’m so happy that it went very well for you

For me it seems like it would be a cross-dressers dream

Thanks Sara. With guys and girls clothes being so similar nowadays it can be hard to tell who’s who. Then you find yourself suddenly standing 10′ in front of your neighbor wearing a sundress and there’s no doubt then. Lol

Anonymous

Haha, that is wild! Congrats on your surprise coming out to the neighbour.

— Abbie 🥰

Anonymous

Well she obviously is not bothered about how you dress, and it was nice of her to make a compliment too.
      We often go about thinking no one has seen us, but we would really be surprised how many have in fact spotted us, but often never say.
      You may just have made a new friend.
      Lol Amanda xx

Hi Amber,

What a great ending!

Alice

Glad it turned out well for you,Amber.I, too live in Maine, at the end of a country dirt road, but, wouldn’t you know it, a year after I moved in, a new house went up next door, about 400 feet away thru the woods, but I can still be seen if I go outside, and seems to be at least one person always home.Once in awhile after dark, I can sneak out to my back deck with the lights off, but then have to worry about tripping in the dark.
      You pass so well, I’ll bet if she hadn’t recognized the dog, she would not have known it was you!
      hang in there! Kelli

All day today, all I kept thinking was she had to have seen me before based on her reaction. We live about 300′ apart so in the fall/winter when the leaves fall you can easily see through the trees. I’m almost always dressed when at home so have been out hundreds of times over the years. All in all I guess you just become who you are over the years. I love being me after hiding so long. I’m not planning on coming out or anything but it really doesn’t bother me any to know someone else knows the other side of me.

Yeah, sounds like she was pretty nonchalant, as you describe the encounter.As little as I’ve been out since moving to this home over 10 years ago, don’t think I’ve been spotted yet. Good thing, as all 8 neighboring homes are related. If one knew something, they all would…within 24 hours!

Anonymous

Having your “other” side known is not, in itself, a bad thing. There was no negative fallout from this, and as Amber said, you may have a new gg friend – wouldn’t that be wonderful!

Bettylou

Aurora Lynne
      Baroness

Hi Amber,

I’m really glad to hear that your first encounter with a neighbour turned out so positively.

From my own experiences, I would say that you will want to interact more with her as one girl to another… I know that I would want to. 🙂

Hugs,

Aurora Eden

Leonara
      Ambassador

Amber, what a wonderful experience… what an inspiration for all of us especially me… The consensus of opinion from the ladies here and me too
      “Maybe you have a new friend to exchange ideas”
      Thank you for sharing.. regards, Leonara

Michelle
      Lady

Great story Amber. My wife and i live deep in a southern rural country area. I wouldnt experience anything near the positive encounter you had. Although on the other hand we are somewhat isolated in the woods and we both have a great deal of freedom out here.

Anonymous

That’s great, Amber! Thank you for sharing. If someone sees me dressed when I’m not expecting it, I would love to get the same reaction your neighbor gave you:)

Samara

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Wow, what an experience! I’m glad it turned out so well. The level of acceptance these days is really remarkable.

I live in a similar rural area, no visible neighbours, and a long driveway and no easy visibility from the road. However I have two neighbours, both women, who will drop in unannounced. One is some years younger than me, almost young enough to be a daughter, and the other one is about age, 65+. The younger one will sometimes walk over, so like you, she could meet Amy one day when she’s expecting to have a nice chat with the gent who lives here too.

Amy

Hi Amber what a great story it brings joy to my heart that you had such a possative experiance from your own yard and a neighbor he he so happy for you girl  .. Ok now plan the next outing get dressed and see her out and follow suit again he he congrats girlfriend ..

Stephanie Bass

Awesome!!! I went out recently and my wife said that the neighbors were out before I left. I went out anyway and the neighbors were gone. I was kinda disappointed.

Aurora Lynne
        Baroness

Hi Mika,

Just after I came home today, the librarian across the road came out for a smoke break.

I was dissapointed that I hadn’t got back a few minutes later.

Aurora

IKR?! At some point we just don’t give a F. And then we aren’t seen, lol.

Wow what a great story and an even better outcome.

The dog though. What about the dog? You could be dressed well enough to pass but the pup will always give you away!

You have great neighbors Amber.

C

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Gosh Amber what a wonderful experience.

Liara

Hi Amber that was a nice surprise for you !! be interesting to see what it leads to with your neighborough

Awesome to have such a positive encounter ‘accidently'(?).  Those are always good though.

The women living on either side of me are both single, one is older and the other younger.  They both have had many, many more dealings with me than with ol Grumpy, and have mentioned they liked me better.  Just go with it and enjoy the company.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.

Amber , i am absolutely thrilled for you .
      Rhonda .

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Great story Amber, it will be interesting to see where this goes. As pretty as you are there was no reason for anyone to react badly.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Amber what a great – tho’ nerve wracking – experience that must have been!   Having the fear of “OMG, Busted” replaced by the thrill of “OMG, Accepted!!”   That must have made you feel all  warm and fuzzy inside, congratulations!

Stevie

Congratulations Amber on a “job well done.” I suspect, as well as have read, that projecting confidence is a key to ones acceptance by others. Inside you may have been a bundle of nerves, but it seems you kept all those “butterflies flying in a straight row”. Your confidence projected aided your neighbor to camly accept you as Amber. Again” job well done,” girl. I do hope that this will open up new and exciting opportunities in your future.

Kindly,

Charrie

Anonymous
      Lady

What a rush of an experience!  I’m with Jillian though.  I think she’s known/suspected for a while and came by for a closer look!  Sounds like she’s a regular ninja  🙂

I’m so glad it went well!  It’s wonderful to have even one person know and then you can, literally, be yourself around them!

*kisses* tara 🙂

Now that is a welcome change – many times those “Oh No, I’ve been discovered” events end in a far worse situation.  Thankfully she was open and willing to accept.  I got surprised like that by my mother-in-law many years ago.  She responded in a similar way. Happy Ending!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Julie Shaw.
      • This reply was modified 2 years ago by Julie Shaw.
      Anonymous

Hi Amber

Wow your not kidding what a Rush that sounds over whelming for me, what a lovely story thank you for sharing it with us.

Love Sarah

xx

Becka
      Lady

That’s great! Wow!

Love and hugs!

Rebecka!

Anonymous

last week i was surprised to look out my back window to see my cousin sitting in my driveWAY and i’m in the house with short shorts on and shimmery blouse and quite a bit of sparkley jewelry on me so i went outside and up to the truck and nothing .  he stayed about 90 minutes and never said a word about why am i dressed like that ,you never know !

Patty Phose
      Duchess

What an exciting and great story. My first time busted, I freaked but afterwards reflecting on what happened, it really was a super rush.

If this was me, my first reaction would be relief combined with a little rush.  My second reaction would be, if she knew it was me, why did she go out of her way to approach me?  She could not assumed you just decided to start crossdressing openly.

Wow Amber, it sounds like you had quite a surprise. So glad it was a good suprise.

Love Trisha

Wonderful story. This is something I always fear and at the same time wish it would happen. The possibility of getting caught is always part of the thrill and a relief. What would you do if you saw her approaching on the road again or if she came to your door while you were dressed? Would you run and hide or embrace it?

My first time being busted I was laying out sun bathing no makeup or wig 🙂 I was wearing my two piece American flag swim suit when the neighbor lady came by to drop some things off for my wife. She never batted a eye.

Hmmmm, Perhaps you have a shopping companion you didn’t even know you had? 😘

Amber your gorgeous. Sounds like a nice lady.

Anonymous

Oh my gosh. What a nice  story. It must have felt wonderful to “share” with someone who was accepting. Perhaps the beginning of a beautiful friendship ❤️

So fast fwd a couple months and I haven’t any indications that she has outed me. I’ve talked to her husband several times while outside doing my chores and not noticed any changes in our interactions. Last weekend he invited me over for a campfire and beers which we’ve done several times over the years. So there we are sitting around the campfire for about an hour when I see his wife coming out the door to join us and she’s wearing the same exact outfit i was wearing when she busted me in my yard. My jaw must’ve dropped to my knees. Lol
      Later on he went to grab a few beers for us in the house and she tells me she put a present in my car for me. Said she had recently cleaned out her closet and wanted me to have some things. She is such a sweetheart and I can’t believe how nice she’s been to me.

Anonymous

Wow! What a lovely lady!

Connie

xxx

Krissy
          Lady

Thanks for sharing a wonderful story
          Hope you go to the party as your true self xx

Anonymous

You hit a home run.

First was, I’m sure you were underdressed at the camp fire. Tell me I’m mistaken and I’ll be shocked. 😉

Second was being in the presence of someone who knew your secret.

Third was that person wearing the outfit you had been caught in.

And to bring it home, the wonderful surprise gifts.

What a thrill!

Anonymous

Hi Amber,

Thanks for sharing such a heart warming moment

Marti xxx

Sylvia
        Lady

You lucky girl !

Kimmie
        Lady

What an amazing woman. You are so lucky to be her neighbor.

Anonymous
        Lady

That is SO neat, fun, amazing, spectacular, crazy and just plain COOL!!!

What an amazing follow up to your lead story.  You are lucky to have such an amazing neighbour!  I love it.

So now I’ve been invited to their Halloween party tonight! My wife’s out of town so I would be going solo. Also, I don’t have any mutual friends with this couple, so risk factor is I’d only be outting myself to her husband and maybe a few other people I don’t even know.

“Amber” would love to get dolled up to the max and maybe even wear one of the sweaterdresses she gave me. That would be soooo wild and fun!!

What to do?

Anonymous
          Lady

OMG!  I just saw this!  What did you do?  I hope you went as Amber!

And what was the decision/outcome?

Lara Muir
          Baroness - Annual

Amber, OMG, I’m on the edge of my seat here. Did you get to go? More importantly did you go as Amber?!

No, I chickened out after getting dolled up. My wife would’ve killed me if she found out and she most likely would have.
            On the other hand I didn’t waste an opportunity to get out. I drove a couple towns over and went into a Starbucks to get a coffee which was a lot of fun!

Lara Muir
            Baroness - Annual

Glad you got to go out at least. It sounds like you made the best choice, happy wife is a real good thing in this life!
            hugs

Lara

Anonymous

Wow Amber!  This is a great story for sure….

So I am curious, and forgive me if this was answered already, but do you think your neighbor already had the same outfit or went out and got that outfit after she saw you in it?  I am sure she wore it that night on purpose. LOL.

it is really cool that you have a neighbor/ friend like her.  So happy for you!

Hugs… Dana

Anonymous

Amazing, the generosity and understanding of people is so surprising sometimes given everything I read and hear on the internet/news. Congrats on having a great neighbour!

— Abbie 🥰

Well done girl. That’s a great story

Just awesome, Amber!

Diane

Congratulations hon.  But please stop teasing us.  What was in the present she left for you?

PaulaF

Amy Oxley
        Lady

Yes please tell us what she gave you…

Sounds like the start of a wonderful friendship.

Good luck.

Amy. x

Mostly jeans and tops along with a few sweater dresses. And they all fit! Yeah!

Nice haul!  She must have a good eye for sizing.  Definitely could be an asset for retail therapy trips.

PaulaF

Leslie
      Lady

Wonderful story and it sounds like a great experience for you! I live in a three story, six unit condo and I think everyone in the building have seen me dressed at one time or another. The young couple that moved in exit store to us have met Leslie more often than me. The other day Britany was taking their dog out for a walk, while Leslie was sitting on our porch enjoying the weather. And she came over to “beg on” me for at my age carrying up two flights at thirty pound box of dog food that had been left in the building’s entry hall. But never a word said about my outfit. The younger generation what are they coming to? No manners she could of at least said I looked nice. LOL

Leslie

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Great story!

I’m Pretty sure I would have had that heart attack. What a positive outcome though, and what a sweet neighbor to have. I just love your “heavy pink fog” expression. You are gorgeous by the way. I can’t imagine you wouldn’t pass if someone didn’t already know you.

Thanks Lara! While growing up I was often mistaken for a girl or referred as a “pretty boy”. At the time it really bugged me a lot. Later on in life I can use it to advantage and have fun with it 😊.

Well the outcome of your situation was amazing. I am sure at that moment you were quite shocked and momentarily paralyzed by fear.  I am sure she was apprehensive when she came up to not sure how you would react to being outed.  I believe you have found a great new girlfriend to possible venture out and have a nice lunch or do some shopping.  Recently I was almost outed by my daughter. She needed me to work on her car.  So I let her use my car in the mean time.  I forgot that a pair of my heels were under the seat.  A few days later I get a text from her asking who the heels belonged to.   Not ready to come out to her I said, remember my car has been in the shop maybe one of the guys at the shop took it for an encounter with a girl.  She actually bought that.  Told her I need to disinfect my car.    Made it seem really believable.    Again not ready to come out to her.  I would hope her reaction at the right time would be a good experience.  Time will tell.  Hugs Ginny.

Ginger..I think we think they believe our story…..she may have just gone along with you !🤭😜

Wow!! that must have been thrilling and scary at the same time!! What an great neighbor.

Wow I would have had the heart attack

Amber, don’t have a heart attack, rather be grateful that you are blessed with such a very cool and accepting neighbor!!!!

A very similar thing happened to me with my seventy fiveish aged neighbor. She was so kind and accepting, and always asked about Jules.

So now that the kitty is out of the box – let her RUN and have FUN.
      If there is anything I’ve learned in my 71 years is that life is very short, and I wish I had let my kitty run years ago!
      Make run kitty run your model
      Hugs
      Jules

I hope you went to the party

Well honestly I would have had a heart attack, that is so awesome good for you! Has it all worked out anymore encounters with the neighbor?

lucky you.

i had a similar experiance a few years ago as i would jump in my car and drive all dressed up one evening i stoped to check my messages at the side of the road it was dark but i could see someone walking alongside and to my horror i found it was my step daughter walking home, we had a strangly normal conversation and she carried on home and nothing was ever said about it but i did get some strange looks from her mother on my return.

life can be strange at times.

Staci Gal
      Lady

I have been partial crossdressing for years (shoes, pants, anklets, toe rings, painted toes), but am new to being out in a dress.  When I get out I have just resigned myself that sooner or later I WILL see someone that I know.  My plan – gotta have a plan – is to take a deep breath, act normal and see what the other persons reaction is.   If they comment, go from there.  My guess is that he person will comment, things will be cordial at least, and move on.  After all it is just clothes, nice looking, comfy, stylish clothes.  Have fun….   Staci…

Anonymous

Amber
      Wow what a rush that must have been, as well as frightening. Can just imagine that feeling.
      Luv Hugs. Ginger

Anonymous
      Lady

Wow!  You’re very lucky to have such a supportive neighbor!

Love you for sharing!

Anonymous

That would have been a shocker! Fortunately, your neighbor is cool with it, so one less reason to feel self-conscious going forward!

Brianna Bay
      Duchess

GOD BLESS YOU!!!! I wish for that, at place of peace and freedom, WHO cares at that point…
      BEAT WISHES!!! LIVE LIFE
      XX
      Brianna

Anonymous

I would have totally freaked out. Actually I probably would have just froze up. Great to hear you have such a cool neighbor.

Wow lucky you!! That’s awesome she was cool about it

Becka
      Lady

Sweet!!!!

Just saw the story, if had been me, they would put the notice in the paper next day, had the visitation the next, and my pyre the next.  Funny, don’t feel dead, but I sure would have dropped like an anchor .LOL. Such a cool story.

Thats so cool that she was that way, maybe you could have coffee together some time? I bet she would love it. Your so lucky, she sounds sweet.

Anonymous
      Duchess

Wow I could jus imagine how u felt when you saw her!  By the way hav you ran into her yet? An wht she say:)

Thank you for sharing.this helps us new ladies when we run into this type of situation:)

Karla Rogers
      Duchess

I think I would have had a heart attack myself. Her reaction though was fabulous! Perhaps you should invite her over sometime for tea and discuss your dressing with her. Sounds like she would be very supportive.

Amber, you are out so enjoy it. There is no more need to hide! It is a gift. Your friend has probably already told everyone in the neighborhood and nobody cares. Have fun with it.

Anonymous

I drove to my beach house enfemme. No cars in lot so i put my 👛 over my shoulder and in i wnt. A short time later my wife called. The neighbor next to ourr beach house saw mw walk in, as Julie. She called my wife and said some woman got out of your husbands car but i didnt see him!!! My wife said she was tired of hiding my little secret and told her the rest of the story! What to do? Well i walked out to my car took my suitcase out and saw neighbor looking. I smiled waved and went to her door. Oh wife said u know my little secret. Want to go out for drinks later, just us girls?i told her Julies whole story and decided to never hide again

Julie, while I’m glad it turned out to be positive in the long run, the idea that your wife would out you without your consent is shocking.

I often dream of something like this would happen to me

Great story I especially like that your wife revealed you Crossdressing secret.

Anonymous

Well my wife had covered for me for years. I had become her girlfriend in many ways. And it was time to come out. My neighbor and i became gfs. She even took me to a drag show!

J J
      Lady

This just happened to me, but not to the same level. I had painted my toes and nails bright rose pink and had on some lipstick for an early morning dog walk. I was out before the neighbors were stirring, at least most weren’t out yet. I happened to run into one of my neighbors who was out walking her dog and we stopped and chatted. She is friends with my wife and knew my wife was out of town for an extended period, and here I was with rose pink toes and fingernails and matching lipstick. We just had a normal conversation, but I had to wonder if she figured out my little “secret”. My wife knows, so no worries on that point, nor do I care if my neighbor figures it out.

What a great story! Did you ever see her again? That sounds like fun to have a neighbor friend you can dress around!

Viewing 68 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?