- August 19, 2021 at 4:06 am #532903Amber JamiesParticipantRegistered On: October 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 52Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 596 times
Living on a country back road has its perks for getting outside dressed at dawn or dusk. I can first hear any cars coming and then see the headlights so its really easy to get out of sight if I want to. Anyway, I was in a heavy pink fog last night and dressed to the nines in my favorite sundress, open front cardigan, breast forms make up ,you know what i mean. It never crossed my mind before to be concerned with any pedestrians during these times of day. Next thing I know my neighbors wife is saying hi to me as I’m standing on my front lawn. She then comes closer and starts patting my dog. Some small talk about this and that and as she turns to leave she turns around winks and says BTW you look good and don’t worry your little secret is safe with me. OMG I thought I was gonna have a heart attack! What a rush!
Total of 154 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- September 29, 2022 at 10:46 am #680018Ginger SnapBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: March 9, 2022Topics: 18Replies: 155Has thanked: 4590 timesBeen thanked: 783 times
- September 29, 2022 at 9:14 am #680002Staci GalLadyRegistered On: August 9, 2022Topics: 0Replies: 14Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 65 times
I have been partial crossdressing for years (shoes, pants, anklets, toe rings, painted toes), but am new to being out in a dress. When I get out I have just resigned myself that sooner or later I WILL see someone that I know. My plan – gotta have a plan – is to take a deep breath, act normal and see what the other persons reaction is. If they comment, go from there. My guess is that he person will comment, things will be cordial at least, and move on. After all it is just clothes, nice looking, comfy, stylish clothes. Have fun…. Staci…
- September 29, 2022 at 12:21 am #679937Susan DresserLadyRegistered On: April 21, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 9Has thanked: 10 timesBeen thanked: 27 times
i had a similar experiance a few years ago as i would jump in my car and drive all dressed up one evening i stoped to check my messages at the side of the road it was dark but i could see someone walking alongside and to my horror i found it was my step daughter walking home, we had a strangly normal conversation and she carried on home and nothing was ever said about it but i did get some strange looks from her mother on my return.
life can be strange at times.
- September 28, 2022 at 7:21 pm #679897April SinclairDuchessRegistered On: April 29, 2022Topics: 7Replies: 213Has thanked: 2727 timesBeen thanked: 1089 times
- November 3, 2021 at 7:26 am #567914
- November 1, 2021 at 11:39 pm #567356Julie (Jules) AndersonDuchessRegistered On: February 9, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 134Has thanked: 210 timesBeen thanked: 631 times
Amber, don’t have a heart attack, rather be grateful that you are blessed with such a very cool and accepting neighbor!!!!
A very similar thing happened to me with my seventy fiveish aged neighbor. She was so kind and accepting, and always asked about Jules.
So now that the kitty is out of the box – let her RUN and have FUN.
If there is anything I’ve learned in my 71 years is that life is very short, and I wish I had let my kitty run years ago!
Make run kitty run your model
- November 1, 2021 at 10:42 pm #567350
- November 1, 2021 at 8:11 pm #567311Kimberly Ann VictoriaLadyRegistered On: September 6, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 250Has thanked: 907 timesBeen thanked: 964 times
- October 27, 2021 at 3:55 am #564941Ginger Tarynn GreenLadyRegistered On: June 16, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 72Has thanked: 68 timesBeen thanked: 417 times
Well the outcome of your situation was amazing. I am sure at that moment you were quite shocked and momentarily paralyzed by fear. I am sure she was apprehensive when she came up to not sure how you would react to being outed. I believe you have found a great new girlfriend to possible venture out and have a nice lunch or do some shopping. Recently I was almost outed by my daughter. She needed me to work on her car. So I let her use my car in the mean time. I forgot that a pair of my heels were under the seat. A few days later I get a text from her asking who the heels belonged to. Not ready to come out to her I said, remember my car has been in the shop maybe one of the guys at the shop took it for an encounter with a girl. She actually bought that. Told her I need to disinfect my car. Made it seem really believable. Again not ready to come out to her. I would hope her reaction at the right time would be a good experience. Time will tell. Hugs Ginny.
- September 28, 2022 at 9:11 pm #679922
- October 26, 2021 at 12:38 pm #564664Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 1193Has thanked: 26374 timesBeen thanked: 4356 times
I’m Pretty sure I would have had that heart attack. What a positive outcome though, and what a sweet neighbor to have. I just love your “heavy pink fog” expression. You are gorgeous by the way. I can’t imagine you wouldn’t pass if someone didn’t already know you.
- October 27, 2021 at 1:32 am #564909Amber JamiesLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 52Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 596 times
Thanks Lara! While growing up I was often mistaken for a girl or referred as a “pretty boy”. At the time it really bugged me a lot. Later on in life I can use it to advantage and have fun with it 😊.
- October 24, 2021 at 6:51 pm #563904LeslieLadyRegistered On: September 14, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 303Has thanked: 3560 timesBeen thanked: 1481 times
Wonderful story and it sounds like a great experience for you! I live in a three story, six unit condo and I think everyone in the building have seen me dressed at one time or another. The young couple that moved in exit store to us have met Leslie more often than me. The other day Britany was taking their dog out for a walk, while Leslie was sitting on our porch enjoying the weather. And she came over to “beg on” me for at my age carrying up two flights at thirty pound box of dog food that had been left in the building’s entry hall. But never a word said about my outfit. The younger generation what are they coming to? No manners she could of at least said I looked nice. LOL
- October 24, 2021 at 2:37 am #563636Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1552Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6412 times
- October 25, 2021 at 1:59 am #563986LadyRegistered On: October 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 52Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 596 times
Mostly jeans and tops along with a few sweater dresses. And they all fit! Yeah!
- October 24, 2021 at 9:14 am #563752Amy OxleyLadyRegistered On: September 20, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 55Has thanked: 18 timesBeen thanked: 285 times
- October 24, 2021 at 2:20 am #563632
- October 23, 2021 at 4:07 am #563250
- October 23, 2021 at 3:53 am #563246LadyRegistered On: October 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 52Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 596 times
So fast fwd a couple months and I haven’t any indications that she has outed me. I’ve talked to her husband several times while outside doing my chores and not noticed any changes in our interactions. Last weekend he invited me over for a campfire and beers which we’ve done several times over the years. So there we are sitting around the campfire for about an hour when I see his wife coming out the door to join us and she’s wearing the same exact outfit i was wearing when she busted me in my yard. My jaw must’ve dropped to my knees. Lol
Later on he went to grab a few beers for us in the house and she tells me she put a present in my car for me. Said she had recently cleaned out her closet and wanted me to have some things. She is such a sweetheart and I can’t believe how nice she’s been to me.
Total of 38 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- November 3, 2021 at 10:04 am #567980Abbie NormalDuchessRegistered On: June 13, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 697Has thanked: 1412 timesBeen thanked: 2893 times
- November 3, 2021 at 3:23 am #567846Dana J. BantonLadyRegistered On: March 19, 2018Topics: 10Replies: 135Has thanked: 528 timesBeen thanked: 636 times
Wow Amber! This is a great story for sure….
So I am curious, and forgive me if this was answered already, but do you think your neighbor already had the same outfit or went out and got that outfit after she saw you in it? I am sure she wore it that night on purpose. LOL.
it is really cool that you have a neighbor/ friend like her. So happy for you!
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Dana J. Banton.
- October 30, 2021 at 8:15 am #566198LadyRegistered On: October 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 52Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 596 times
So now I’ve been invited to their Halloween party tonight! My wife’s out of town so I would be going solo. Also, I don’t have any mutual friends with this couple, so risk factor is I’d only be outting myself to her husband and maybe a few other people I don’t even know.
“Amber” would love to get dolled up to the max and maybe even wear one of the sweaterdresses she gave me. That would be soooo wild and fun!!
What to do?
- November 3, 2021 at 9:46 am #567976Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 1193Has thanked: 26374 timesBeen thanked: 4356 times
- November 6, 2021 at 11:21 am #569606LadyRegistered On: October 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 52Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 596 times
No, I chickened out after getting dolled up. My wife would’ve killed me if she found out and she most likely would have.
On the other hand I didn’t waste an opportunity to get out. I drove a couple towns over and went into a Starbucks to get a coffee which was a lot of fun!
- November 6, 2021 at 11:59 am #569625Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 1193Has thanked: 26374 timesBeen thanked: 4356 times
- November 3, 2021 at 6:16 am #567898
- November 1, 2021 at 7:08 pm #567292Tara JeaneLadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 346Has thanked: 2208 timesBeen thanked: 1887 times
- October 26, 2021 at 12:21 pm #564660Paulette JamesLadyRegistered On: April 16, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 15Has thanked: 152 timesBeen thanked: 92 times
- October 26, 2021 at 12:13 pm #564658Tara JeaneLadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 346Has thanked: 2208 timesBeen thanked: 1887 times
- October 24, 2021 at 2:56 pm #563853KimmieLadyRegistered On: September 27, 2016Topics: 4Replies: 281Has thanked: 195 timesBeen thanked: 1281 times
- October 23, 2021 at 9:58 pm #563596
- October 23, 2021 at 4:12 am #563253MartiDuchessRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 951Has thanked: 4975 timesBeen thanked: 4529 times
- October 23, 2021 at 4:11 am #563252Raquel SmithLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 19Replies: 966Has thanked: 3257 timesBeen thanked: 3279 times
You hit a home run.
First was, I’m sure you were underdressed at the camp fire. Tell me I’m mistaken and I’ll be shocked. 😉
Second was being in the presence of someone who knew your secret.
Third was that person wearing the outfit you had been caught in.
And to bring it home, the wonderful surprise gifts.
What a thrill!
- October 23, 2021 at 3:56 am #563248AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- November 6, 2021 at 11:28 am #569612
- August 31, 2021 at 7:42 am #537663AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- August 30, 2021 at 7:04 pm #537521Dawn RogersLadyRegistered On: February 23, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 9 times
- August 30, 2021 at 7:09 am #537227Genivieve BujoldLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 122Has thanked: 209 timesBeen thanked: 513 times
- August 26, 2021 at 2:47 pm #535795Melissa AdamsLadyRegistered On: August 26, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 20 timesBeen thanked: 60 times
My first time being busted I was laying out sun bathing no makeup or wig 🙂 I was wearing my two piece American flag swim suit when the neighbor lady came by to drop some things off for my wife. She never batted a eye.
- August 26, 2021 at 2:13 pm #535782Jamie TaalLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 8Replies: 193Has thanked: 1166 timesBeen thanked: 1127 times
Wonderful story. This is something I always fear and at the same time wish it would happen. The possibility of getting caught is always part of the thrill and a relief. What would you do if you saw her approaching on the road again or if she came to your door while you were dressed? Would you run and hide or embrace it?
- August 26, 2021 at 7:35 am #535657Trisha Lilly HibbertLadyRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 51Replies: 785Has thanked: 3566 timesBeen thanked: 3188 times
- August 21, 2021 at 3:28 pm #533810Patty PhoseDuchessRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1875Has thanked: 1466 timesBeen thanked: 5739 times
What an exciting and great story. My first time busted, I freaked but afterwards reflecting on what happened, it really was a super rush.
- August 26, 2021 at 5:19 am #535626Molly LaceLadyRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 102Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 463 times
If this was me, my first reaction would be relief combined with a little rush. My second reaction would be, if she knew it was me, why did she go out of her way to approach me? She could not assumed you just decided to start crossdressing openly.
- August 21, 2021 at 10:22 am #533705AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
last week i was surprised to look out my back window to see my cousin sitting in my driveWAY and i’m in the house with short shorts on and shimmery blouse and quite a bit of sparkley jewelry on me so i went outside and up to the truck and nothing . he stayed about 90 minutes and never said a word about why am i dressed like that ,you never know !
- August 21, 2021 at 8:36 am #533680
- August 20, 2021 at 2:16 pm #533448AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- August 20, 2021 at 6:08 am #533304Julie ShawLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2015Topics: 20Replies: 135Has thanked: 647 timesBeen thanked: 872 times
Now that is a welcome change – many times those “Oh No, I’ve been discovered” events end in a far worse situation. Thankfully she was open and willing to accept. I got surprised like that by my mother-in-law many years ago. She responded in a similar way. Happy Ending!
20 users thanked author for this post.
- August 20, 2021 at 5:23 am #533300LadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 346Has thanked: 2208 timesBeen thanked: 1887 times
What a rush of an experience! I’m with Jillian though. I think she’s known/suspected for a while and came by for a closer look! Sounds like she’s a regular ninja 🙂
I’m so glad it went well! It’s wonderful to have even one person know and then you can, literally, be yourself around them!
*kisses* tara 🙂
- August 20, 2021 at 4:22 am #533296Charlene VictoriaLadyRegistered On: November 29, 2016Topics: 27Replies: 236Has thanked: 1494 timesBeen thanked: 1415 times
Congratulations Amber on a “job well done.” I suspect, as well as have read, that projecting confidence is a key to ones acceptance by others. Inside you may have been a bundle of nerves, but it seems you kept all those “butterflies flying in a straight row”. Your confidence projected aided your neighbor to camly accept you as Amber. Again” job well done,” girl. I do hope that this will open up new and exciting opportunities in your future.
- August 20, 2021 at 2:50 am #533285Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 89Replies: 2002Has thanked: 8855 timesBeen thanked: 10362 times
Amber what a great – tho’ nerve wracking – experience that must have been! Having the fear of “OMG, Busted” replaced by the thrill of “OMG, Accepted!!” That must have made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, congratulations!
- August 20, 2021 at 2:29 am #533283Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 415Has thanked: 5431 timesBeen thanked: 2010 times
Great story Amber, it will be interesting to see where this goes. As pretty as you are there was no reason for anyone to react badly.
- August 20, 2021 at 1:15 am #533274Rhonda JonesLadyRegistered On: March 17, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 63Has thanked: 363 timesBeen thanked: 136 times
- August 19, 2021 at 11:51 pm #533252Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1552Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6412 times
Awesome to have such a positive encounter ‘accidently'(?). Those are always good though.
The women living on either side of me are both single, one is older and the other younger. They both have had many, many more dealings with me than with ol Grumpy, and have mentioned they liked me better. Just go with it and enjoy the company.
- This reply was modified 1 year ago by Paula F.
- August 19, 2021 at 11:08 pm #533241Michelle BaileyLadyRegistered On: July 17, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 189Has thanked: 8794 timesBeen thanked: 910 times
- August 19, 2021 at 9:23 pm #533218Liara WolfeDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 1653Has thanked: 3291 timesBeen thanked: 5637 times
- August 19, 2021 at 9:22 pm #533216Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 16Replies: 559Has thanked: 1797 timesBeen thanked: 2602 times
Wow what a great story and an even better outcome.
The dog though. What about the dog? You could be dressed well enough to pass but the pup will always give you away!
You have great neighbors Amber.
- August 19, 2021 at 8:45 pm #533204Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 61Replies: 981Has thanked: 2273 timesBeen thanked: 3901 times
Awesome!!! I went out recently and my wife said that the neighbors were out before I left. I went out anyway and the neighbors were gone. I was kinda disappointed.
- August 19, 2021 at 8:50 pm #533206Aurora EdenLadyRegistered On: June 29, 2021Topics: 34Replies: 224Has thanked: 1263 timesBeen thanked: 1177 times
Just after I came home today, the librarian across the road came out for a smoke break.
I was dissapointed that I hadn’t got back a few minutes later.
- August 19, 2021 at 8:37 pm #533201Stephanie BassHostessRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 27Replies: 4211Has thanked: 60384 timesBeen thanked: 15031 times
Hi Amber what a great story it brings joy to my heart that you had such a possative experiance from your own yard and a neighbor he he so happy for you girl .. Ok now plan the next outing get dressed and see her out and follow suit again he he congrats girlfriend ..
- August 19, 2021 at 7:49 pm #533183Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 1660Has thanked: 5042 timesBeen thanked: 5492 times
Wow, what an experience! I’m glad it turned out so well. The level of acceptance these days is really remarkable.
I live in a similar rural area, no visible neighbours, and a long driveway and no easy visibility from the road. However I have two neighbours, both women, who will drop in unannounced. One is some years younger than me, almost young enough to be a daughter, and the other one is about age, 65+. The younger one will sometimes walk over, so like you, she could meet Amy one day when she’s expecting to have a nice chat with the gent who lives here too.
- August 19, 2021 at 2:21 pm #533078AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
That’s great, Amber! Thank you for sharing. If someone sees me dressed when I’m not expecting it, I would love to get the same reaction your neighbor gave you:)
- August 19, 2021 at 1:30 pm #533063MichelleLadyRegistered On: October 14, 2015Topics: 1Replies: 26Has thanked: 62 timesBeen thanked: 115 times
Great story Amber. My wife and i live deep in a southern rural country area. I wouldnt experience anything near the positive encounter you had. Although on the other hand we are somewhat isolated in the woods and we both have a great deal of freedom out here.
- August 19, 2021 at 12:24 pm #533045LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 770Has thanked: 3242 timesBeen thanked: 2323 times
Amber, what a wonderful experience… what an inspiration for all of us especially me… The consensus of opinion from the ladies here and me too
“Maybe you have a new friend to exchange ideas”
Thank you for sharing.. regards, Leonara