Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Greetings ladies,

Silicon breast forms are of course, a constant “discourse” within our wonderful CDH universe. As one who has tried and owned four of the most well known brands, I offer my thoughts as per the following.

Starting with the cheapest and working upwards. (No prices as this will vary from country to country) Also I stress I am not “on an earner” from any vendor…

G/SEAL ATTACHABLE FORMS

The best “all rounders”, (bad pun!!)  on the market.  Both for price and wearability. True to size and using the double sided tape and adhesive wipe method, the safest, most secure method of attachment. I’m on my third pair over about 10-12 years and they are my “Go to’s” when going public. They add a lot to my confidence, as they look and feel right for my build. (See my CDH photo profile, I have these on in all my photos). Lack the “all over attachment” feeling of the other 3, but when in Caty mode I still love the ability to go bra less when I can.. Also, the tape method allows access to my (ahem) “real” nipples, if and when that needs to occur . Should be removed and your “pecs” refreshed after about 24-36hrs

CLASSIC SEMI ROUNDS

Very realistic and true to size, but from what I can gather not recommended for attachment with double sided tapes. Optional self adhesive pads are available, but a/.are expensive for what they are, b/. will not hold on bra less c/. are inclined to let the bond between form and pads “slip”. They also tend to lose “sticky” on both sides after a few months. I got tired of buying new adhesive pads*** and this led me to buying…

DIAMONDS!!

A revelation….The “sticky” is very good, I can sleep on my side all night, sans bra and they wont come off. Sadly as soon as I’m” vertical”, gravity gets in the way and they “come adrift”. The silicon grade is super soft and they look very nice when encased in my lacy bra. They do run to the small side, I ordered my “usual” size 6, (C Cup) but that took me down a cm or two from the g/seals

AMO “CONTACT”.

I bought these quite some time ago and of course since they aint the cheapest by a “long bra band”, have lasted the longest. This is also due to the fact I’ve never worn them as much as the other 3, especially the g/seals. Still a “full C Cup” , with more overall “volume” and best worn with a full cup bra. Will not stay on bra less. Again as you would expect, the silicon grade is very very good. These are “proper like” mastectomy forms

In order not to offend the CDH “no commercial plugs code” I have not mentioned vendor names or full description of the forms. Nor do I have any experience buying from other vendors other than the one I have used for all purchases.

But it wont take any CD geniuses to “get abreast” about where all my forms came from.

Hope this helps someone with their purchase decisions.

Happy dressing

Caty

*** In this “recycling” day and age, these forms ended up with a CDH friend whom was still filling her (wife’s old ) bra with socks. She has now graduated to my old forms and had a personal bra fitting in a lingerie shop. Me jealous?? never!! Yes, I’ve been fitted before but not “en femme”… On this years “to do list”…

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Thank you Caty for all that great info!

Amy

I had some bad experiences with the silicone gel forms that are encapsulated in a polyurethane skin. As long as I was only wearing them once a week or so, it was OK. When I started wearing them 4 times a week or more, the skin under the forms darkened. To me that meant that I was having some sort of reaction. I washed them with soap and water and wiped them down with alcohol pads. Neither made any difference. I stumbled upon SuperGel forms made of solid silicone and that made a BIG difference. It’s been around 3 years now. The discoloration went away in a few weeks and has not been back. As I have mentioned before, being solid silicone, they can’t burst and sleeping in them is not a problem…

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

That’s very interesting Dee Ann,

My “male chest” will react with itching and “skin furrows” If I leave my forms on too long. But I’ve never had any skin discoloration…..

CAty

Yes, it was a bit odd. No itching and no rash, just discoloration. It was definitely something in the forms as it took exactly the same shape. I can wear the ones that I have now for 3-4 days straight and the skin looks fine…

Thank you, Caty. Wonderful article. I’ve only been dressing since May so I don’t have the time to really know this stuff.

That said, what has worked for me is YNOT bought through Amazon. I wear a B size because I just do not want to be a girl with big boobs.

I know the way they make me feel when I’m wearing them. Just an amazing feeling. It makes me realize how much I would like to be a woman. I’m not planning to transition so I greatly value whatever time I have available to show off my boobs, even if it’s just to myself.

Jessica

Anonymous

Well Caty, as the lucky recipient of your recycled forms all I can say is thank you so much for your generosity; you will be pleased to know that my wife’s bra has been completely sidelined and my socks have gone back to my feet instead of my breasts!  I have given up on trying to make the forms stick to my breasts and totally rely on my bra holding them in place. Anyway, they are brilliant!

Best wishes and hugs,  Michelle

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Thank you for the lovely acknowledgement Michelle,

Also for “backing up” my experiences with those “attachable sticky pads”

As many know, one of my favorite “Caty things” is to sleep bra less. (My SO and I are in separate rooms).

I frequently woke up with the pad stuck on my chest, but the form, (to quote the song title), was “Slippin away”.

I also bought them on the strength of a you tube video, where sticky pad and form were attached to a woman’s hand and then inverted. The words, “that’s not going anywhere” still ring in my ears..

False advertising I say!!!!!

Caty.

I’ve never used the adhesive pads, but I wonder if any preparation is needed, such as using an alcohol wipe where the adhesive pad will be? Any sort of skin oil would reduce the adhesion…

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

DeeAnn – preparation will definitely improve adhesion. After showering and removing any chest hair, wipe the area with 93% or USP isopropyl alcohol. This will remove most of the skin oil and soap residue that negatively affects adhesion. You want your skin to be as clean as possible. If you plan to wear your forms in hot weather or for more than a few hours, theatrical grade antiperspirant will also help with adhesion.  Don’t use the antiperspirant found in drug stores.  It contains compounds that will interfere with adhesion.

Emily

That’s what I used to do when I used Hollister’s. However, I haven’t used any kind of adhesive for several years. It turns out the SuperGel forms, being all silicone without a polyurethane skin, are fairly sticky. It isn’t enough to stay in place by themselves, but enough for a degree of adherence when pressed to the skin by the bra. Glamorise bras have more jiggle as they seem to be of weaker construction compared to Goddess bras, but there is a good bit of movement that is noticed. Out here in the desert many parking lots have drainage troughs. If you go across one that is at an angle to the direction of travel, you get a combination of up-down and left-right movement. Feels like your chest has a mind of its own. Definitely an odd sensation!!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?