• This topic has 19 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

I Was’t sure where to put this one but here goes. This will be an ongoing saga of my trip to Florida for the SCC. I am posting some of it now cause I will be bus packing the next few days before leaving on Sunday morning! So here we go!

Cyn’s Trip to Florida September 25-Oct 2, 2016

Thursday, September 22, 2016
      So the trip I’ve been waiting for all year is only days away. The first opportunity for Cyn to experience multiple days as herself at the Southern Comfort Conference (SCC) in Fort Lauderdale, FL! I’m simultaneously excited and terrified. While I have had several one-day or one-evening outings, and I’ve stayed dressed at home for days in a row, the prospect of going 3-5 days straight and interacting with the world that whole time is daunting. Fortunately I won’t be alone as Samantha G will be going as well and we will be able to support each other. I’ve just about decided what I am taking with me though it still needs to be packed. So much still to do and so little time. I have league pool tonight and am also going to the Homecoming football game for Virginia Tech in Blacksburg Saturday (kickoff 1230pm but leaving from Richmond at 5 am to catch the parade at 9am-will return to Richmond by about 9pm.) So before then I need to let my sister hem my gown for the Saturday ball at the SCC conference, make any last minute purchases for the trip, pack up the car for the football game and –oh yea-I suppose I SHOULD try to get at least SOME sleep in there! After returning from the game, I need to unload the car from the football stuff and pack it with the stuff for the SCC tripl then SOMEHOW fall asleep to get up and leave for FL on Sunday morning about 7am. Ten hours later, I should arrive in Orlando where I will be stopping by to visit Disney World for a day-Magic Kingdom part. I’ve never been so that should be fun (but doing it in Kevin mode since I would be too worried about Cyn’s wig flying off on the rides to enjoy it). Will leave for Lauderdale on Tuesday mid-day. I hope to keep this topic updated as the days go by. I’ll be too busy the next few nights to do that so I pre-loaded the discussion of the first few days of the trip here but I’m bringing my laptop so once I get to the conference itself, I will endeavor to update it daily with posts here. Love for you to follow along as Cyn has her “great adventure” and learns more about herself! Please comment/reply as much as you can/want. Til then, it’s TTFN!

Luv,
      Cyn

Anonymous

Ohhhh I really can’t wait to read and hear about this adventure!  MUCH HAPPINESS AND SUCCESS to the both of you!

Leonara
      Ambassador

Thanks for the update Cynthia… I am so excited for you..I am sure you’ll be fine and you and Samantha will be “belles of the ball”.   Looking forward to your reporting your experiences.   But must of all have fun!!

Regards … Leonara

What I would give to be your  official videographer! Good luck Cyn and Sam! You girls will be gorgeous! Go Hokies!

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

On the road! Florida Here I come! Watch out!

Cyn

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Safely in Orlando-arrived about 9pm. Disney World on Monday!
      More tomorrow!

Cyn

Rose
      Lady

Enjoy your visit with the mouse! 🙂 There really is something magical about Disney, especially the Magic Kingdom. You’ll have an absolutely fantastic time, I’m sure.

This is one I will be waiting for updates on. Can’t wait have fun be safe good luck

Leonara
      Ambassador

The magic kingdom is great but don’t forget Epcot!!!

the last time I was there was 18 years ago celebrating my 5oth birthday.   A little different experience without the kids.😀

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

OK we only had one day so no time for anything but Magic Kingdom (no EPCOT) Thunder Mountain was closed for refurbishment(very disappointing!) it was quite sunny and hot and humid in the morning while we did Pirates of the Caribbean, Jungle Cruise,and then the animatronic bird show and then it was on to Splash Mountain but….after waiting 30 min in line thunder pealed and they shut it down. initially we hoped it was a quick storm that would as in 30 minutes as of they do in Florida. Alas after another 60-75 minutes of waiting we gave up and minutes later the skies opened up. So much for that ride as it rained for the next 5 hours!!We did see a lot of other stuff including Space Mountain, then watched he Main Street electrical parade and then the fireworks. After leaving the park we met for a VERY dinner and conversation with Captain Sally; we chatted til 330 am or so! Tomorrow we head to SCC at about lunchtime. will update then get there am settled

Cy
      PS Thanks for all the lovely comments/replies! Til then

will

Iitle

we

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Travel day today-was up talking to captain Sally til abut 330 am then caught up on site til about 630! Woke up at 10 am-packed up and we headed to Lauderdale (BTW it was 83 degrees a 10am with heat index of 101–dew point was 83 also so relative humidity was 100%! Ran into heavy traffic and thunderstorm so we relaxed early evening and Sam went to pack her stuff. Imagine she will have less than the carload of stuff I brought with me(see pics of Cyn’s stuff on my media gallery page)Tomorrow we have Princess Day! (Description below). Not sure what doing Wed evening yet but Cyn will 99% LIKELY) be 24/7 til Sunday am. Will write about Princess Day tomorrow night!

Princess Day (10 AM to 2 PM) for $30 including lunch
      First Timers and the Experienced alike enjoy this event! Join the group as we leave the hotel around 10 in-route to spending the morning “Getting Pretty” and meeting new friends. We alternate between getting new nails, beauty tips at Sephora, strolling and shopping, and meeting for a nice lady-like-lunch before heading back to the resort around 2. While the transportation and lunch are included, you will need to budget for nails ($ 35-75) and your shopping budget.

Also posting a couple Disney Pics on my media gallery on profile page! (but not a lot cause is SLOW internet at hotel;) Did some wishing on a star during the castle fireworks program. Partially that Sam and I have a good time here but most importantly that each and every one of you ladies finds joy and happiness in whatever is the best thing for you in your lives-be that dressing or transitioning or any other path! Love you all!

Cyn

Luv,
      Cyn

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

MG! About to go down, register and then head out on Princess Day! Wish us both Luck!!! Details later today!
      Cyn

Whoohoo  no more Goober mode!! Time to girl up and rock da house!

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

So Princess Day was FABTASTIC! Got a mani-pedi and that will definitely NOT be the last one of this! What a heavenly experience! and they look absolutely fabulous! That was followed by a delightful lunch! (Yes Denise and Codille and anyone else who was curious -I DID eat something besides peanut butter -I ate filet mignon and fries and it was yummy!).

And now the question everyone wants to know-did Samantha survive her first outing? The answer is a resounding YES!! 🙂 She looked great-pics to follow on my media gallery from the salon of both of us at the salon! WE then walked down the outdoor mall sidewalks to the restaurant-FYI walking longer distances in heels is painful but doing it in 90 degree heat is even worse! But that was NOT all we did today! When we returned to the hotel, we decided to go to the big Sawgrass Mills indoor mall and do some shopping! And yes we went dressed! We went with some other girls from the conference and had a great time including making some purchases of lotion and scents at……..Victoria’s Secret! Everyone at all the places we went were great!-Friendly, smiling, and accepting(at least what we saw). So Sam went from never having left her apartment to walking around the biggest mall in town in just one day! So proud of her! Be sure to send her PMs or public comments/messages of congratulations to her!

We are also telling folks here about the site so you may see some new folks visiting the site and chatroom! Be sure to welcome them as y’all ALWAYS do with kindness and a friendly smile! Relaxing tonight-seminars start tomorrow! Hopefully I’ll stop by chat later tonight! Miss all you girls and SO wish you were all here with us!

Love to all of you fabulous ladies!
      Cyn

Looking at the pics, you girls look you’re having a blast. Wish you the best and am excited for you and Sam. Being out is so much fun

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Its 320am on Friday morning and I just got back in my room. I slept a lot earlier Thursday until around noon or so then spent a leisurely afternoon catching up on emails and watching TV and getting ready for the evening activities. Tonight we went to dinner and a drag diva show at LIPS in downtown Lauderdale. (Again for those who doubt my ability to eat food other than peanut butter, I had mashed potatoes and a broiled chicken breast that had to be a DD cup at the very least!). I also had a wicked Long Island Iced Tea! The show was quite good with about six performers ranging from Ella Fitzgerald to Tina Turner to Cher to Reba MAcIntyre to Taylor Swift. We then drove back to the hotel where they had karaoke(which Sam and I WATCHED but did NOT participate in ( I will THINK about it if I have enough to drink later this week! 🙂 LOL, Met lots of people and are telling them about our site. One of the “couples ” we met were a girl form New Jersey and her CD partner from England. Great folks who had gone for a late night dip in the hotel pool the night before. Long story short , I ended up joining them and another attendee in the pool from 145 am til just a bit ago and was wearing m pink bikini! Had bast and some great conversation. Sam took a pic or two of us and declined to swim herself! I’ll post then once I get them from her!
      More to co,e tomorrow!

Luv,
      Cyn

Samantha G…..
        Ambassador

NEWS FLASH !!!  I Got Cynthia to eat some fish at tonights dinner. I’m not sure what kind it was but it was very mild and not fishy tasting at all. Told her to pretend it’s a chicken that can swim really well haa haa.

One more day to go tomorrow with the big gala dinner Sat. night.

Thank you all for the support and well wishes. I’ll have more details on my thoughts later I like to sleep more than Cyn does. She is the postmaster.

Hugs…

Samantha

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Saturday morning and I survived another late night at the pool/hottub. As Sam mentioned I Actually ATE some FISH for dinner last night. Unfortunately, while HELL may have frozen over Ft Lauderdale did NOT cool down! Great speaker during dinner-the former boxing manager of world famous boxer Lennox Lewis-she recentl transitioned and old us her story which was both amazing and extremely poignant as well! A lunch they had a world famous surgeon, Dr. Marci Bowers speak and she was introduced by the mother of Jazz Jennings (the teen transsexual that has the show on TLC on cable TV). That was followed by karaoke which was great to watch-didn’t sing last night but am considering doing so tonight with a couple other girls-depends on the flow of alcohol! 🙂 LOL Then went out to the pool/hot tub at 130am til 330-4am(Sam was the responsible adult and went to bed instead!). Pics in my gallery how Cyn with hair au naturel and my one piece monokini(the ones from Friday overnight pool adventure in the neon pink bikini I will post when I get from Sam! Time to get ready for lunch! I’ll post later about today’s final day and the ball and karaoke!

Wish ALL of you were here!

Luv
      Cyn

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

Saturday was the final day and it didn’t disappoint! The ladies were all resplendent in their gowns-well Sam G and the others anyway-I don;t know if I would consider myself so but I didn’t look horrible anyway! 🙂 Dinner and dancing (no karoake tonight though-maybe next year! 🙂 ) . Lots of drinks including a shot of Jack Daniels for most of us. din’t want the night to end so we went out to the pool from another late night hangout and chat! Then sadly around 3-4 am we had to let the horses change back to mice and the coach to a pumpkin! And Sunday morning we packed our things up and headed for home! The events are now fond memories but WHAT memories they ARE! 🙂 Words can’t do the experience justice and we made many new friends that we hope to see next year. And we hope YOU will choose to join us as well! I’ll be writing an article to summarize the whole week but will say in conclusion here that this was one of the mos fun and memorable experiences of m life to date and one I Will never forget! Tanks to all who read and commented/replied and if you hav eany questions feel free to ask me(or Sam G as well)

Cyn

Anonymous

2016_personal stories: skippy1965(Cynthia) original post: 

I Was’t sure where to put this one but here goes. This will be an ongoing saga of my trip to Florida for the SCC. I am posting some of it now cause I will be bus packing the next few days before leaving on Sunday morning! So here we go!

Cyn’s Trip to Florida September 25-Oct 2, 2016

Thursday, September 22, 2016

So the trip I’ve been waiting for all year is only days away. The first opportunity for Cyn to experience multiple days as herself at the Southern Comfort Conference (SCC) in Fort Lauderdale, FL! I’m simultaneously excited and terrified. While I have had several one-day or one-evening outings, and I’ve stayed dressed at home for days in a row, the prospect of going 3-5 days straight and interacting with the world that whole time is daunting. Fortunately I won’t be alone as Samantha G will be going as well and we will be able to support each other. I’ve just about decided what I am taking with me though it still needs to be packed. So much still to do and so little time. I have league pool tonight and am also going to the Homecoming football game for Virginia Tech in Blacksburg Saturday (kickoff 1230pm but leaving from Richmond at 5 am to catch the parade at 9am-will return to Richmond by about 9pm.) So before then I need to let my sister hem my gown for the Saturday ball at the SCC conference, make any last minute purchases for the trip, pack up the car for the football game and –oh yea-I suppose I SHOULD try to get at least SOME sleep in there! After returning from the game, I need to unload the car from the football stuff and pack it with the stuff for the SCC tripl then SOMEHOW fall asleep to get up and leave for FL on Sunday morning about 7am. Ten hours later, I should arrive in Orlando where I will be stopping by to visit Disney World for a day-Magic Kingdom part. I’ve never been so that should be fun (but doing it in Kevin mode since I would be too worried about Cyn’s wig flying off on the rides to enjoy it). Will leave for Lauderdale on Tuesday mid-day. I hope to keep this topic updated as the days go by. I’ll be too busy the next few nights to do that so I pre-loaded the discussion of the first few days of the trip here but I’m bringing my laptop so once I get to the conference itself, I will endeavor to update it daily with posts here. Love for you to follow along as Cyn has her “great adventure” and learns more about herself! Please comment/reply as much as you can/want. Til then, it’s TTFN!

Luv,

Cyn

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?