- May 27, 2021 at 6:08 pm #497288AnonymousInactiveTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Since I will be transition to a woman at the end of year would it be wise once a woman any future relationships be told was really a man before or leave it alone. Know at times do date other people on and off now and they know upfront.
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- September 9, 2022 at 5:12 am #675495Greta La FolleLadyRegistered On: August 6, 2022Topics: 6Replies: 313Has thanked: 621 timesBeen thanked: 1152 times
I feel me little crazy to waste my time to reply to an “Anonymous” (lol)
Much will depend on your femininity before and after the transition.
In my opinion, without wasting time on too many explanations, it will suffice to say that you do not have a uterus, then going into the specific is something interconnected with the mental elasticity of the person with whom you have established the relationship of love.
It’s up to you to find the right moment, with right person.
- June 14, 2022 at 5:08 pm #653005JasmineRegistered On: June 8, 2022Topics: 1Replies: 119Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 323 times
I think in my personal opinion I would say yes definitely tell them because on a few occasions I have tried to omit the fact that I was a cross-dresser and it turned into a serious problem for a long time and it also created trust issues it’s better to just be upfront in the beginning and that way you know where the relationship is going and they know where the relationship is going and everybody is on the same page
- July 15, 2021 at 10:32 pm #518191Valerie FisherLadyRegistered On: July 6, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 84Has thanked: 275 timesBeen thanked: 301 times
I don’t think it would matter to me if the girl I fell in love with was either pre or post, so long as she was my every waking thought. Anyone that falls for YOU, Donna, is most likely going to be a WONDERFUL person! Just take the time you need to.
- July 16, 2021 at 3:21 pm #518512AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Thank you am dating this one guy now and he so far behind my choices 100 percent now. Will find out more specially once get the surgery done in November and we both still dating.
- July 15, 2021 at 10:01 pm #518188AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Hi Donna, I would advise you to NOT be like your friend, Kendra. I didn’t tell my SO about Kendra, and we’ve had to deal with it. As they say, honesty is the best policy, be up front with folk!
- July 5, 2021 at 9:23 pm #513734Vecca SennLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 9Replies: 275Has thanked: 2132 timesBeen thanked: 1074 times
- July 5, 2021 at 9:49 pm #513746AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- July 5, 2021 at 8:52 pm #513721Emily AltHostessRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 1105Has thanked: 1165 timesBeen thanked: 5369 times
At some point you’ll have to come clean. People and events from your past can’t be ignored. Eventually something will come up in a conversation. You don’t necessarily have to advertise you’re trans. But it would be a mistake to start a serious relationship with someone and not tell them.
- September 8, 2022 at 9:10 pm #675425
- July 5, 2021 at 6:35 pm #513681AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
That’s some dangerous water your going to be treading in sweetie, hopefully your radar for how good a person they are is strong. Personally it may be little different for each case. I think if you’re looking for a strong honest relationship then it might have to be early on in before any misgivings. Tread lightly with much caution. 💕💋 Katie
- July 5, 2021 at 6:51 pm #513686AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Thank you Katie If and when get into relationship do want it be a solid foundation with no secrets of past present and future. Generally do mention at first usually the dates had in past know and doesn’t matter to them. Like say could be some strong waves so always wear a life vest.
- July 5, 2021 at 4:59 pm #513659Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 583Has thanked: 2072 timesBeen thanked: 2576 times
Hi Donna. I am going against the grain here. I wouldn’t tell every person that took a interest in you. I would tell them before if it got to serious. I am and was a confirmed crossdresser before I met my SO. I certainly didn’t tell her. When she found out she asked why I didn’t confide my secret with her. I asked at what point that should have been. She didn’t have a answer for that question. And neither do I. I am sure we would not be together if I had announced it when we first met. You will be a woman. I don’t think you have to tell everyone you meet what route you took to get there. Not sure when I would tell someone. I am sure you have a past and family you will want to share with any person male or female you get serious with. So obviously you would have to share your secret sometime. When? Only you can answer that question. I am sure you will be a lovely woman. Good luck Sweetie.
- September 8, 2022 at 10:39 pm #675436
- July 5, 2021 at 6:01 pm #513669AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Thank you Michelle depending on who would meet if become serious imagine would tell was once a man now a woman. With luck and new medical tech could be possible to be able to have it all the internals of a woman for baring kids if not to old then. More of a fantasy suppose. But could be possible.
- May 28, 2021 at 5:17 pm #497749Stephanie KennedyRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 1122Has thanked: 8840 timesBeen thanked: 4873 times
Hi Donna I totally agree with Trisha Lilly. If you are out on using on line dating make it clear you are a trans woman and even add what stage you are at pre or post. You do not want to invite any trouble in your life. I am a member of the sister site TGH also there is so much more info on what issues they may be dealing with at different stages of their transition I identify with a social transgender right now for a variety of reasons. No plans to go any further. I just do not want to lose everything and those who need me right now need a strong male presence and i have been in training for many years. I may not of liked it but became good at it. Follow your heart not what you have been told. You will be OK
- May 27, 2021 at 7:09 pm #497314Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1552Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6412 times
Donna, I do believe that any man who is willing and wanting to know us on the level of confidant/close friend/lover, needs to know for 100% who we are and how we got here. It will take so much trust and openness to make that kind of commitment work.
Telling any children from a previous marriage would be up to BOTH of you, but they would need to have the final say.
- May 27, 2021 at 7:17 pm #497317AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Oh agree with you 100 percent there. Assume once a transition is done and say by chance they come out with a way for a trans man that transition to a woman able to have children. Knowing at my age now just fantasy more like. But if a Dr said it was fine to have kids at a older age be for it.
- May 27, 2021 at 9:40 pm #497355Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1552Has thanked: 30616 timesBeen thanked: 6412 times
I am fortunately/unfortunately well beyond the age to safely carry to term. Now, back when I was, I do confess that there were times when I would definitely have tried, had it been biologically possible, but there were also times that I felt exactly the polar opposite.
The kernel of that desire is still there, and I treasured the times I had with my nieces as they grew up, and now I have my first grand niece to spoil and babysit. So I ‘m good with how things are.
- May 27, 2021 at 6:12 pm #497291Trisha Lilly HibbertLadyRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 51Replies: 785Has thanked: 3566 timesBeen thanked: 3188 times
Hi honey, Im trans and want to transition. I am gal 24/7 and recently started online dating again. I have made it clear on my profile I’m trans and think if you should be as clear as possible with SOs.
- May 27, 2021 at 6:19 pm #497295AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
curious question once I transition can a trans label be dropped and be a female. Guess only one that would know is my future SO and if he has kids then they will know too if old enough to understand.
- May 28, 2021 at 2:18 am #497408Trisha Lilly HibbertLadyRegistered On: December 8, 2020Topics: 51Replies: 785Has thanked: 3566 timesBeen thanked: 3188 times
Not sure if my terminology us the most up-to-date. You can be on anyway between just realiseing your trans and just pre op and be called transgender. After ops I see the phrase transexual used, although you could have a certificate to say your legally female.
- May 28, 2021 at 4:17 pm #497732
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.