- November 10, 2021 at 10:33 pm #574683Stevie SteinerAmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 66Replies: 1721Has thanked: 7253 timesBeen thanked: 8971 times
Because we never want to forget….
Happy Remembrance Day / Veterans Day to you all. ❤
Total of 36 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- November 11, 2021 at 4:18 pm #575039Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 2573Has thanked: 34831 timesBeen thanked: 8857 times
Yes thankyou Stevie for bringing this up as a rememberance to all of our Girls here on CDH and all over the world who have served past present and future as my sons group just deployed over seas this past week i pray for them all ..
- November 11, 2021 at 4:01 pm #575018PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 327Has thanked: 1336 timesBeen thanked: 1313 times
It’s hard to put in words, the debt owed and the Gratitude I feel. Thank You to all who served. I will never forget! Stevie, well said, Prudence
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Prudence.
- November 11, 2021 at 3:44 pm #575014
- November 11, 2021 at 3:22 pm #575000DonnaLadyRegistered On: January 17, 2021Topics: 163Replies: 3922Has thanked: 22835 timesBeen thanked: 14584 times
- November 11, 2021 at 12:45 pm #574936Johanez JohnstonLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 15Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 55 times
I served from 1981 – 2004. I did a total of 7 United Nations & Nato Missions, the Gulf War, and Afghanistan. Along with my Peace Keepers Medal and CD, I wear 11 Medals.
Arte et Marte
- November 11, 2021 at 12:34 pm #574933Katherine LeighLadyRegistered On: February 19, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 137 timesBeen thanked: 81 times
- November 11, 2021 at 9:08 am #574863Samantha JoLadyRegistered On: April 3, 2021Topics: 4Replies: 76Has thanked: 480 timesBeen thanked: 417 times
I served in the Royal Air Force 1983 to 1990, and now I am a member of the Royal British Legion, this morning we met at the local primary school , then with years 5 and 6 we walked to the village war memorial in complete silence. A small service was held and a war poem was read out that a past 10 year old pupil had written, then the children read out all the names that are on the memorial, from WW1 up to the gulf war when the village lost yet another defending peace.
Services like this where held right across the UK at 11 o’clock with one message
We will remember them.
Thank you all
- November 11, 2021 at 6:01 am #574760Katie PlowrightLadyRegistered On: October 15, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 67Has thanked: 256 timesBeen thanked: 371 times
- November 11, 2021 at 5:31 am #574752Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 520Has thanked: 2474 timesBeen thanked: 2457 times
And a BIG thanks to my father-in-law who served in the RAF along the northern shores of France. He made it to 100 years young passing just two years ago. All his medals are with my brother-in-law in Yorkshire, UK and will then be handed over to my kids when the time comes.
(Royal Regiment of Canada – Infantry, 1979-1981)
- November 11, 2021 at 5:52 am #574756Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 66Replies: 1721Has thanked: 7253 timesBeen thanked: 8971 times
Always keep those items and memories close.
OMG Barb. Umm how about this –
Hastings & Prince Edward Reg’t. 1979-81. That is wild! We may well have trained together during a summer concentration, or the ’79 or ’80 trip to Fort Drum. 😃
- November 11, 2021 at 6:08 am #574761Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 520Has thanked: 2474 timesBeen thanked: 2457 times
I was in Fort Drum too!! Our Regiment demonstrated “Bayonet Drill” to a cheering crowd of U.S. and Canadian troops!!
Did you use discarded nylons to shine your boots? Our boot-toes were like mirrors!
- November 11, 2021 at 6:34 am #574775Stevie SteinerManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 66Replies: 1721Has thanked: 7253 timesBeen thanked: 8971 times
Un* freakin* believable. I just remember training with irate 82nd Airborne troops down there (still have their uniform 😉), and a barracks fight with another Reg’t, lol.
And I always liked having a pair of nylons with me , hehe
- This reply was modified 3 weeks ago by Stevie Steiner.
- November 11, 2021 at 6:53 am #574783Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 520Has thanked: 2474 timesBeen thanked: 2457 times
- November 11, 2021 at 3:36 am #574728Bobbisue JonesLadyRegistered On: May 24, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 695Has thanked: 4898 timesBeen thanked: 2756 times
Thanks to all who have served to keep us safe, past, present, and future.
I especially want to thank Korean and Vietnam vets who were never given a welcome Home they deserved. Many of us vets wear RED on Fridays to show our currently serving troops they are not forgotten while deployed away from families. Remember Everyone Deployed! Love and hugs Bobbisue J
- November 11, 2021 at 3:16 am #574719Fredrika JonesLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 216Has thanked: 258 timesBeen thanked: 704 times
- November 11, 2021 at 12:45 am #574701Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 162Replies: 3834Has thanked: 14449 timesBeen thanked: 23046 times
Bless everyone who made the ultimate sacrifice….
and everyone who did / has and will put on the uniform….to try to keep us safe.
I always have and always will wear my bright red poppy with pride…..never forget!!!
- November 10, 2021 at 10:59 pm #574690ElizabethLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 319Has thanked: 1818 timesBeen thanked: 1348 times
We will never forget those who made the supreme sacrifice in two world wars and other wars in the history.
Many died and others still suffer from the effects of wars.
- November 10, 2021 at 10:45 pm #574686stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 187Replies: 2476Has thanked: 4141 timesBeen thanked: 12373 times
I second that Stevie.
In the UK we also call it Armistice Day. And Poppy Day.
To pay tribute to all those who sacrificed their lives, and because of the poppies which grew over the war ravaged ground where so many fell.
We must never forget…
- November 10, 2021 at 11:26 pm #574692Julie (Jules) AndersonDuchessRegistered On: February 9, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 131Has thanked: 176 timesBeen thanked: 612 times
Actually, Veterans Day is to honor all veterans who severed defending our nation.
Memorial Day is to honor those services members who died defending our nation.
- November 11, 2021 at 7:11 am #574788Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 520Has thanked: 2474 timesBeen thanked: 2457 times
Huh! I did not know that! Thanks, Jules!
Today in Canada and the rest of The Commonwealth is our Remembrance Day. It’s one day to honour all who perished in war. Nowadays, we also remember those who served and thankfully returned home. It’s touching to watch so many stop what they’re doing on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month to remember and give thanks.
Getting kinda teary eyed…
- November 11, 2021 at 3:12 am #574717
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.