Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Because we never want to forget….

Happy Remembrance Day / Veterans Day to you all.  ❤

Stevie

We will never forget those who made the supreme sacrifice in two world wars and other wars in the history.
      Many died and others still suffer from the effects of wars.
      Elizabeth

Anonymous

Stevie…

Bless everyone who made the ultimate sacrifice….

and everyone who did / has and will put on the uniform….to try to keep us safe.

I always have and always will wear my bright red poppy with pride…..never forget!!!

Grace xx

Thanks (USAF 1984-1992)

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Ahh during the climax and end of the Cold War – then  Desert Storm –  and then RIF’ed, eh?

The 80’s were much more pro military than the dismal 70’s were.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Nice, Stevie!

And a BIG thanks to my father-in-law who served in the RAF along the northern shores of France. He made it to 100 years young passing just two years ago. All his medals are with my brother-in-law in Yorkshire, UK and will then be handed over to my kids when the time comes.

🍁 Barb

(Royal Regiment of Canada – Infantry, 1979-1981)

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Always keep those items and memories close.

OMG Barb.  Umm how about this –

Hastings & Prince Edward Reg’t.  1979-81.  That is wild!  We may well have trained together during a summer concentration, or the ’79 or ’80 trip to Fort Drum.  😃

Barb Wire
          Lady

OMG!!

I was in Fort Drum too!! Our Regiment demonstrated “Bayonet Drill” to a cheering crowd of U.S. and Canadian troops!!

Did you use discarded nylons to shine your boots? Our boot-toes were like mirrors!

Too Wild!

🎖Barb

Stevie Steiner
            Managing Ambassador

Un* freakin* believable.  I just remember training with irate 82nd Airborne troops down there (still have their  uniform 😉), and a barracks fight with another Reg’t, lol.

And I  always liked having a pair of nylons with me , hehe

Barb Wire
            Lady

Ohhh… that was you! Sorry about that black-eye.

We trained with the Airborne too. Very interesting chaps. I’m not surprised they got disbanded.

👁 :B

Anonymous

A huge thank you to everyone who has ever put themselves in harms way for our freedom. Lest we forget.

I served in the Royal Air Force 1983 to 1990, and now I am a member of the Royal British Legion, this morning we met at the local primary school , then with years 5 and 6 we walked to the village war memorial in complete silence. A small service was held and a war poem was read out that a past 10 year old pupil had written, then the children read out all the names that are on the memorial, from WW1 up to the gulf war when the village lost yet another defending peace.

Services like this where held right across the UK at 11 o’clock with one message

We will remember them.

Thank you all

Samantha

Happy Veterans Day to all those who have worn the uniform of the armed forces in service to the nation!

Thanks Everyone!
      I served from 1981 – 2004. I did a total of 7 United Nations & Nato Missions, the Gulf War, and Afghanistan. Along with my Peace Keepers Medal and CD, I wear 11 Medals.

Arte et Marte
      Jo

Anonymous

Wishing all that served a Happy Veterans Day We are always in your debt for your service to country. We shall never forget.

Hugs all

Donna

Well said Stevie!  Thanks to all our vetrans.

Alice

Prudence
      Ambassador

It’s hard to put in words, the debt owed and the Gratitude I feel. Thank You to all who served. I will never forget!  Stevie, well said,   Prudence

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Prudence.

Yes thankyou Stevie for bringing this up as a rememberance to all of our Girls here on CDH and all over the world who have served past present and future as my sons group just deployed over seas this past week  i pray for them all ..

Stephanie Bass

Actually, Veterans Day is to honor all veterans who severed defending our nation.
      Memorial Day is to honor those services members who died defending our nation.
      Humbly,
      Jules

Anonymous

Exactly.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Huh! I did not know that! Thanks, Jules!

Today in Canada and the rest of The Commonwealth is our Remembrance Day. It’s one day to honour all who perished in war. Nowadays, we also remember those who served and thankfully returned home. It’s touching to watch so many stop what they’re doing on the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month to remember and give thanks.

Getting kinda teary eyed…

xo Barb

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?