Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Lady

In previous posts, I have expressed an interest in telling my daughter about my crossdressing. Yesterday I had the courage to tell her.

I put myself in a situation where it would be almost impossible to back out unless I would lie to her. We went shopping for used items and shopping for mother’s day. The first stop was picking up 3 bras. Usually the person selling the bras will put them in a bag for you to take. This person took them out of the bag and handed them to me. I think it was intentional to embarrass me. It did not work as this is not the first time I have done this. I came back to my vehicle and put them in the back seat.

When I got back to the vehicle, she was on the phone with her mom. When she was done, she asked me what I picked up. I pointed to the bras in the back seat. She was immediately embrassed as she thought I bought them for her. I pointed out that they were not for her or her mom but they were for me.

An awkward exchange ensued to the point where I said that all of the clothes on my side of the bedroom belong to me. She said “do you mean the coats”? I said the other clothes, the women’s clothes.

My wife had told her a few months ago that they were mine but it is never a conversation I have had with my daughter. She told me that she has know for about a year.

I asked her what she thought about what I just told her. She said it is fine. All people are different. She seemed to accept me for who I am.

Since I have recently started to dress up for bed in the last few weeks, I asked her if it would be awkward if she accidently saw me dressed up. (Such as the nightime bathroom visit) She said it would not be awkward. I also asked if she would feel awkward if I intentionally dressed around the house. She also said it would not be awkward.

We talked a little about the clothes I have and that I have more bras and dresses that her mom. About a week ago my wife told me that my daughter would sit in the livingroom trying to find activities that we could do together. I asked if clothes shopping is something we could do together. She seemed to be okay with that. She will probably need more time to think about that one. I have gone dress shopping with her about 2 years ago when her mom was out of town on family matters.

My wife is not really a clothes shopper. I said that I might be a better shopping partner as I am more of a dress shopper than my wife. She agreed with that statement and we talked about clothes shopping (how clothes fit and where to buy them).

I have not talked to my adult son about this as it is a different conversation than that with my daughter. She has a good understanding of how my son understands things and was willing to help me with this future conversation.

Yeaterday was probably top 10 in my life. It does change things going forward in a good way. I may be able to dress more in private but out of the bedroom into the rest of the house.

Wow girl so proud of you for taking that leap of faith having that talk with your daughter your closet door just came open at least half way .. Like you say a son to make it open all the way lol ..  You make us proud that you had the courage to have the talk and confide in her your true self .. Im not seeing this in any future of mine my wife is very supportive of Stephanie  .. But as for family not so much as other conversations from seeing crossdressers to trans ladys in movies and on the streets not a good place to visit with them so my house hold girl is happy that wife and girls here know and love them all  .. So congrats to you for getting your door open at least half way one more big leap and full open he he good luck girl ..

Stephanie

Anonymous

Congratulations, Tina I hope it turnes out just as well with your son when you tell him.

Kathleen xxxxx 💋♥

Hi Tina

Really pleased for you and if your daughter has organised a clothes shopping trip for the two of you that is even better.

Samantha x

Paula
      Lady

This is is great for you and thank you for sharing.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I am glad that it went well, and thanks for sharing. Most younger generation people are far more accepting, but one never knows.

I also have an adult son and daughter, and I want to tell them. My daughter I’m sure will be accepting as she has friends and work colleagues who are gay, lesbian and trans, my son, like you it would be a very different conversation. However my wife is against me telling our children, so I go along with her wishes.

Amy

Anonymous
        Lady

I did not ask my wife whether I should talk the her about this.

We have alway taught our kids that God loves everyone. That means everyone. We are supposed to love each other like God loves us. This makes the conversations easier.

Anonymous

That’s great news, and you’re a lucky girl. My wife doesn’t like to shop at all, and when I tried to discuss Bettylou with my daughters, I was cut off. Maybe with the granddaughters, someday.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Anonymous

Tina thank you for sharing your experiences I hope everything works out for you. Best Wishes to you and your family.

Love Sarah xx

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Wonderful hearing and the best to you moving forward 🌷

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?