- Hot Topic
- JC Penneys
- Victoria's Secret
- Fredericks of Hollywood
- Forever 21
- Lane Bryant
Tagged: online shopping
- January 20, 2021 at 12:25 pm #435957BillieJayFounderRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 307Replies: 91Has thanked: 251 timesBeen thanked: 353 times
- January 23, 2021 at 7:41 am #437129Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 600Has thanked: 6265 timesBeen thanked: 2587 times
The dragqueen closet, EnFemme, Simmons, ChicMe, are a few I have used not on your list
Cant do brick and mortar here for god knows how long, and a girl has to shop!!
- January 23, 2021 at 7:33 am #437127Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 253Has thanked: 174 timesBeen thanked: 550 times
I checked “Other”.
For the most part-like 95%, my shopping is in person and in fem. My preference by far and I want to know how the item fits and looks before buying.
I do buy online though from the following places, Nordstrom’s, White House Black Market, Macy’s (maybe I should have checked this!), DSW Shoes and a few times from eBay.
Typically when I buy online it’s because the store does not have my size in stock or a Said item is not sold in the store as many places have more products online (sadly now even more so). WHBM is a prime example of this and there is a plus to WHBM sizing-No other women’s clothing I’ve found has the consistency of fit as their products.
I did not check Amazon because I don’t buy clothes there however I do purchase my fingernail blanks and adhesive tabs from them.
I do my best to support brick and mortar stores local to me.
- January 22, 2021 at 11:12 pm #437021Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 550Has thanked: 701 timesBeen thanked: 1542 times
An interesting but American-centric poll. I do recognize many of the sites you post but only one of them raises my ire… Amazon! I just cannot stand Jeff Bezos and what he stands for! A multi Billionaire and he just can’t seem to part from his money! His ex-wife donates huge amounts to charity but him… NO!
He even has been rumoured to want to buy Cyprus! Call it Amazonia! Idiot!
In New Zealand thee is a great site called TradeMe… check it out!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 21, 2021 at 7:54 pm #436559Steph CeeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 12Has thanked: 86 timesBeen thanked: 65 times
For clothing I’ve also gone to the local thrift stores where there is a surprising amount of women’s clothing in my size. For online lingerie, I’ve used curvynbeautiful.com as they have a great selection of “big girl” undergarments and costumes at decent prices. I’ve also visited Shein.com recently as they have some decent stuff at good prices for those of us on a budget.
- January 21, 2021 at 7:52 pm #436558Steph CeeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 12Has thanked: 86 timesBeen thanked: 65 times
For clothing I’ve also gone to the local thrift stores where there is a surprising amount of women’s clothing in my size. For online lingerie, I’ve used curvy beautiful.com as ithey have a great selection of “big girl” undergarments and costumes at decent prices. I’ve also visited Shein.com recently as they have some decent stuff at good prices for those of us on a budget.
- January 21, 2021 at 12:17 pm #436397Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 390Has thanked: 811 timesBeen thanked: 1714 times
To date I’ve used Amazon once. Twice used Thred up, very low prices on gently used clothes ( first time spent $80 on a couple of boxes of clothes), you need to know your sizes! Shopped Marshall’s for panties and sleepwear. shopped HSN and bought a nice jacket and a couple of bra and panty sets.
- January 21, 2021 at 8:20 am #436296MicheleBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 19, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
I buy my stockings, Hanes Silk Reflections Thigh-High Stockings, from Amazon as well as an occasional pair heels if I see something I like.
I buy a lot of outfits from Shein. They’ve got great prices, but the shipping is no where near as quick as Amazon. Also, Shein doesn’t carry much in larger sizes, but I wear a size 8 or 10 dress so it’s not an issue for me.
Janet’s Closet is another site I use too.
- January 21, 2021 at 8:10 am #436280Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 360Has thanked: 259 timesBeen thanked: 1439 times
Amazon for sure, it is so easy to add to cart and my total is usually over $35 so free shipping. Most times amazon is fast with their shipping and I am not even a prime member.
The other sites I shop on are :
– le chateau, this is my fave as they have the latest styles and clearance section prices are really reasonable. unfortunately, they are closing for good, a victim of covid.
– aliexpress. I’ve bought a small handful of clothing from them, and I’m on the fence on their clothing. Pricing is excellent, but fit/finish/quality is somewhat questionable. Bulk of my purchases from aliexpress are swimsuits.
– sporting life. I’ve only bought swimsuits from these guys, and they are pretty good. Right now because it is off season, some of their suits have been discounted.
– sport chek. Again, only swimsuits. Now that is it off season, selection isn’t great, but during regular season, good selection but prices can be high.
- January 21, 2021 at 6:46 am #436229
- January 21, 2021 at 3:59 am #436174Jamie TaalLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 106Has thanked: 541 timesBeen thanked: 571 times
I do a lot of shopping on Ebay, Mecari and Poshmark. If you know your size and how specific brands fit you can get great deals on high end clothes without the guilt. There are even occasions when I’v seen someone wear something beautiful and then find it on these sites after narrowing my search parameters. I’m on them daily.
- January 20, 2021 at 5:28 pm #436073Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1249Has thanked: 77 timesBeen thanked: 1322 times
I shop at stores like Walmart, target, on line stores, salvation army, good dresses cheap, plus you can try on there with no trouble. I just ask if I can try on first to make sure it will fit for my wife is the same size.
- January 20, 2021 at 4:39 pm #436065Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 2680Has thanked: 1855 timesBeen thanked: 5391 times
oneStopPlus absorbed Catherines for plus sized cross dressers so I enjoy that site (includes Roamans, Jessica London, Woman Within, and Catherines) but sadly the shipping isn’t free. Payless.com is back and carries wide width shoes to size 13.
- January 20, 2021 at 2:48 pm #436021Janice EmoryDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 43Has thanked: 28 timesBeen thanked: 136 times
While I prefer to shop in person I do purchase from Ebay as well. I also found a fantastic lingerie site called Adore Me. I get shoes mostly from Payless. Excil breast forms, to me, are the best and reasonably priced. I am an Avon customer as well as Ulta, Sephora and department stores. I like tops from Rosewe and Lilygal. I could go on but you get the idea. There is so much out there and it is fun to explore.
- January 20, 2021 at 2:01 pm #436009Rachel WillingLadyRegistered On: November 24, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 4Has thanked: 52 timesBeen thanked: 24 times
I can’t believe that eBay isn’t on your list, especially for online purchases. I’ve had great success buying gently used designer clothing at fantastically reasonable prices (CK is my favorite!). Wigs and breast forms too (Hebron KY is apparently the silicone capitol of America). Pretty much anything you need, and aggressive competition between sellers helps (in most cases) to keep prices low. Just keep an eye on shipping fees (or limit your searches to free shipping only), and check out sellers’ feedback ratings to avoid the bad actors.
My only advice/warning is that Asian sizes run SMALL (always check their size charts!) and since many items are shipped directly from factories in China, you will often want to order a size or two larger than you’re used to.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.