- Hot Topic
- JC Penneys
- Victoria's Secret
- Fredericks of Hollywood
- Forever 21
- Lane Bryant
Tagged: online shopping
- January 20, 2021 at 12:25 pm #435957BillieJayFounderRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 606Replies: 155Has thanked: 273 timesBeen thanked: 506 times
- May 17, 2021 at 8:50 pm #493257Jennifer SwansonDuchessRegistered On: April 20, 2019Topics: 53Replies: 194Has thanked: 4328 timesBeen thanked: 1346 times
I use wish.com for bras, panties, tops, skirts and dresses. Be careful. The less expensive items aren’t worth it
For shoes I use torrid. They have great prices and go up to Womens 14.
dont forget thrift stores. Sometimes you can find wonderful clothes dirt cheap .
- May 17, 2021 at 8:18 pm #493242sarasue olsonLadyRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 25Replies: 226Has thanked: 706 timesBeen thanked: 1133 times
- May 17, 2021 at 4:13 pm #493172Jenn SenonLadyRegistered On: June 30, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 4Has thanked: 89 timesBeen thanked: 12 times
I try to shop locally, but more and more stores are shutting down in my town. That leaves me pretty much with Target, T J Maxx, or Ross. When I am out of own, I often find myself at VS or Macy’s. Online, I have found http://www.glamourboutique.com to be affordable and diverse.
- May 13, 2021 at 11:00 am #491730Melanie MayerLadyRegistered On: April 25, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 14Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 70 times
In Germany I would try Bonprix or classic Baur for jeans or dresses. With a smaller budget I turn to the Chinese shops of Shein or Floryday for coats and boots, although finding correct measuring can be difficult and delivery takes its time.
- May 12, 2021 at 12:16 am #491113Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 84Replies: 1810Has thanked: 6425 timesBeen thanked: 10071 times
Hello. Billiejay…hope you’re having a good day.
Now we are coming out of lockdown, I will be using ” real ” stores in town to buy my clothes and shoes….I love the little independent shops, quirky and different.
I will still use Amazon for my makeup and perfume. I always buy the same products so the quality hardly ever changes…..and the next day it’s on my doorstep.
Huggs, grace x
- May 11, 2021 at 8:09 pm #491063
- May 11, 2021 at 7:06 pm #491046K SwimLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 644Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 1262 times
This poll…is it explicitly for where we buy our crossdressing items, or for anything?
- May 11, 2021 at 7:32 pm #491056BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 606Replies: 155Has thanked: 273 timesBeen thanked: 506 times
it was intended for crossdressing, but it can be applied to anything, dear. I wasn’t specific…
- May 11, 2021 at 7:49 pm #491058K SwimLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 644Has thanked: 312 timesBeen thanked: 1262 times
In that case, I selected “other” in your poll because I use ebay and Aliexpress for all my crossdressing purchases. I do shop on Walmart (in store, not online) and Amazon, but I don’t buy my feminine clothes there.
- May 11, 2021 at 6:00 pm #491009Petra SueLadyRegistered On: March 14, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 3Has thanked: 72 timesBeen thanked: 41 times
I’ve ordered a few dresses from eshakti.com, they have larger sizes and you can do some customization (neck, sleeve length, skirt length) plus you can specify how tall you are, which helps to get the proportions right.
- May 11, 2021 at 1:41 pm #490910Michelle TrottDuchessRegistered On: April 7, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 206Has thanked: 373 timesBeen thanked: 877 times
I like to buy in person enfemme. But I have purchased a lot from Venus. Maybe it my style preference but I like a lot of their clothes.
- May 11, 2021 at 6:24 pm #491024
- May 11, 2021 at 1:17 pm #490889
- May 11, 2021 at 12:32 pm #490877
- January 23, 2021 at 7:41 am #437129Regi KellyPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 1039Has thanked: 10995 timesBeen thanked: 4561 times
- January 23, 2021 at 7:33 am #437127Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 275Has thanked: 220 timesBeen thanked: 642 times
I checked “Other”.
For the most part-like 95%, my shopping is in person and in fem. My preference by far and I want to know how the item fits and looks before buying.
I do buy online though from the following places, Nordstrom’s, White House Black Market, Macy’s (maybe I should have checked this!), DSW Shoes and a few times from eBay.
Typically when I buy online it’s because the store does not have my size in stock or a Said item is not sold in the store as many places have more products online (sadly now even more so). WHBM is a prime example of this and there is a plus to WHBM sizing-No other women’s clothing I’ve found has the consistency of fit as their products.
I did not check Amazon because I don’t buy clothes there however I do purchase my fingernail blanks and adhesive tabs from them.
I do my best to support brick and mortar stores local to me.
- January 22, 2021 at 11:12 pm #437021Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 13Replies: 963Has thanked: 1361 timesBeen thanked: 3308 times
An interesting but American-centric poll. I do recognize many of the sites you post but only one of them raises my ire… Amazon! I just cannot stand Jeff Bezos and what he stands for! A multi Billionaire and he just can’t seem to part from his money! His ex-wife donates huge amounts to charity but him… NO!
He even has been rumoured to want to buy Cyprus! Call it Amazonia! Idiot!
In New Zealand thee is a great site called TradeMe… check it out!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 21, 2021 at 7:54 pm #436559Steph CeeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 12Has thanked: 87 timesBeen thanked: 67 times
For clothing I’ve also gone to the local thrift stores where there is a surprising amount of women’s clothing in my size. For online lingerie, I’ve used curvynbeautiful.com as they have a great selection of “big girl” undergarments and costumes at decent prices. I’ve also visited Shein.com recently as they have some decent stuff at good prices for those of us on a budget.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- January 21, 2021 at 7:52 pm #436558Steph CeeLadyRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 12Has thanked: 87 timesBeen thanked: 67 times
For clothing I’ve also gone to the local thrift stores where there is a surprising amount of women’s clothing in my size. For online lingerie, I’ve used curvy beautiful.com as ithey have a great selection of “big girl” undergarments and costumes at decent prices. I’ve also visited Shein.com recently as they have some decent stuff at good prices for those of us on a budget.
- January 21, 2021 at 12:17 pm #436397Sandy JaysonDuchessRegistered On: September 29, 2019Topics: 23Replies: 529Has thanked: 1078 timesBeen thanked: 2422 times
To date I’ve used Amazon once. Twice used Thred up, very low prices on gently used clothes ( first time spent $80 on a couple of boxes of clothes), you need to know your sizes! Shopped Marshall’s for panties and sleepwear. shopped HSN and bought a nice jacket and a couple of bra and panty sets.
- January 21, 2021 at 8:20 am #436296MicheleBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: September 19, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 4 timesBeen thanked: 26 times
I buy my stockings, Hanes Silk Reflections Thigh-High Stockings, from Amazon as well as an occasional pair heels if I see something I like.
I buy a lot of outfits from Shein. They’ve got great prices, but the shipping is no where near as quick as Amazon. Also, Shein doesn’t carry much in larger sizes, but I wear a size 8 or 10 dress so it’s not an issue for me.
Janet’s Closet is another site I use too.
- January 21, 2021 at 8:10 am #436280Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 499Has thanked: 419 timesBeen thanked: 2145 times
Amazon for sure, it is so easy to add to cart and my total is usually over $35 so free shipping. Most times amazon is fast with their shipping and I am not even a prime member.
The other sites I shop on are :
– le chateau, this is my fave as they have the latest styles and clearance section prices are really reasonable. unfortunately, they are closing for good, a victim of covid.
– aliexpress. I’ve bought a small handful of clothing from them, and I’m on the fence on their clothing. Pricing is excellent, but fit/finish/quality is somewhat questionable. Bulk of my purchases from aliexpress are swimsuits.
– sporting life. I’ve only bought swimsuits from these guys, and they are pretty good. Right now because it is off season, some of their suits have been discounted.
– sport chek. Again, only swimsuits. Now that is it off season, selection isn’t great, but during regular season, good selection but prices can be high.
- January 21, 2021 at 6:46 am #436229
- January 21, 2021 at 3:59 am #436174Jamie TaalLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 130Has thanked: 720 timesBeen thanked: 676 times
I do a lot of shopping on Ebay, Mecari and Poshmark. If you know your size and how specific brands fit you can get great deals on high end clothes without the guilt. There are even occasions when I’v seen someone wear something beautiful and then find it on these sites after narrowing my search parameters. I’m on them daily.
- January 20, 2021 at 5:28 pm #436073Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1317Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 1528 times
I shop at stores like Walmart, target, on line stores, salvation army, good dresses cheap, plus you can try on there with no trouble. I just ask if I can try on first to make sure it will fit for my wife is the same size.
- January 20, 2021 at 4:39 pm #436065Alice UnderwireLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 36Replies: 3340Has thanked: 3513 timesBeen thanked: 7237 times
oneStopPlus absorbed Catherines for plus sized cross dressers so I enjoy that site (includes Roamans, Jessica London, Woman Within, and Catherines) but sadly the shipping isn’t free. Payless.com is back and carries wide width shoes to size 13.
- January 20, 2021 at 2:48 pm #436021Janice EmoryDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 45Has thanked: 29 timesBeen thanked: 143 times
While I prefer to shop in person I do purchase from Ebay as well. I also found a fantastic lingerie site called Adore Me. I get shoes mostly from Payless. Excil breast forms, to me, are the best and reasonably priced. I am an Avon customer as well as Ulta, Sephora and department stores. I like tops from Rosewe and Lilygal. I could go on but you get the idea. There is so much out there and it is fun to explore.
- January 20, 2021 at 2:01 pm #436009Rachel WillingLadyRegistered On: November 24, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 11Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 50 times
I can’t believe that eBay isn’t on your list, especially for online purchases. I’ve had great success buying gently used designer clothing at fantastically reasonable prices (CK is my favorite!). Wigs and breast forms too (Hebron KY is apparently the silicone capitol of America). Pretty much anything you need, and aggressive competition between sellers helps (in most cases) to keep prices low. Just keep an eye on shipping fees (or limit your searches to free shipping only), and check out sellers’ feedback ratings to avoid the bad actors.
My only advice/warning is that Asian sizes run SMALL (always check their size charts!) and since many items are shipped directly from factories in China, you will often want to order a size or two larger than you’re used to.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.