Tagged: 

Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Many of us have seen movies from the Golden Era of Hollywood which featured glamorous actresses wearing those long, trim, sexy opera gloves.

Well, it turns out they had been quietly been making a comeback in recent years, aided by both Lady Gaga and Miley Cyrus wearing them.

Now, The Wall Street Journal of April 22, 2020 has an article by Nancy MacDonell entitled “The Unlikely Comeback of Elegant Opera Gloves.” She not only reported what was described above but noted that the pandemic is helping to further popularize opera gloves as a stylish way to have health protection in this dangerous time.

So, the thought occurs: This is a CD opportunity! Those girls who have been into gloves or considering adding gloves to our ensembles now have an additional possibility: elegant opera gloves.

Go for it!

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I have four pairs all in different colours. Black, white, Pink and gold.

They have been essential to hide my hairy arms for when I wear my ballgowns and period dresses, that do not have long sleeves.

Besides that, they add a lot of “glam” to any formal outfit. (not sure about them with jeans and a t shirt going to the mall!!)

Caty

Always found them really sexy. All Audrey Hepburn’s fault.

Anonymous

Gloves ….soooo sexy

Misha Monroe
      Duchess

I just posted a pic in response – Last Halloween I went full Holly Golightly (except for the Audrey Hepburn up-do) – with pearls, earings, cigarette holder and the silky slinky form fitting opera gloves. And safe for wearing to all socially distant friendly environs!

Leslie
      Lady

I have 2 pairs, one black and one red, that I bought several years ago.  Absolutely love wearing them with evening dresses.

I have a pair in black I bought years ago and wear them on occasion. Feels so sexy esp when dressed in glamorous attire

I have some pink ones and I think they are so sexy .

They are a little smallish though.

Maybe not practical  but I have loads of impractical outfits LOL

Patty

I have 2 white satin pairs (one pair never worn) for a wedding gown photo shoot.  But they’re too formal and too slippery to be worn under most circumstances, which for me is either dinner parties, dinner at a restaurant, or support group meeting.  So they are of very little use to me.

I went for em years ago and fell in love with them. I’m still in love with them.

Take care girls.

Anne-Marie.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?