• This topic has 44 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 37 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

What do you think about what I would call Over the Top dresses?

Maid, Quinceanera, princess, cosplay, bridesmaid, bride dresses and the like?

Have you, or would you like to own and wear some of them?

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by MacKenzie Alexandra. Reason: Removed inappropriate language
      Anonymous

Hi Cand Can !!!!—–For me, I go for the bodycon, club mini dress, three quarter sleeve with low neckline so my little natural cleavage shows, with highlighted just past shoulders brunette wig, silver bangles, barely black hose, and 5 inch strappy heels……………..not into maid, housewife, cosplay costumes………I wanna be a ‘killer’ id da club !!!

Mikki

Amy Myers
        Baroness

You sound like you’d be beautiful, Mikki!

Amy

Anonymous

Hi Amy–thanks—it ALL starts with a vision………..then just go buy it……..bathe, makeup, hair, and put it on……………and into the dream……………

Mikki

Anonymous

Hi Candy Can, I’m not much for OTT dressing but I did have a lovely Santa dress a few years ago. It was off the shoulder, really short with matching knickers and hold up stockings. That was a good Christmas!😻

Anonymous

I have a long rubber dress which fits like a glove.  It is so smooth it is ecstasy.  Combine it with some 5″ heels and you definitely make a femme statement.

Amy Myers
        Baroness

Those I’ve seen online at times, and since have been interested in owning one.

Amy

I love OTT outfits! I have 3, 2 maid outfits 1 black/white and another in pink/dark pink and another totally pink sissy dress. Great fun for special occasions they feel so feminine & I love accessorizing these colors.

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

I have a few floor length sequin dresses that I like to wear .. as well as ball gowns and my PAN AM airline hostess uniform … and I love 50’s fashions …

Take a peek at my profile photos …

Hugs

Dawn x

Anonymous

I have always wanted to wear a wedding dress. I fantasize about walking down the aisle with all eyes on me.

Anonymous

[quote quote=174227]I have always wanted to wear a wedding dress. I fantasize about walking down the aisle with all eyes on me.
      [/quote]

Lovely idea.
      Wouldn’t it be great to have a CD meetupwith a wedding theme?
      2 brides, bridesmaids, mother of the brides……….

[quote quote=174227]I have always wanted to wear a wedding dress. I fantasize about walking down the aisle with all eyes on me.

[/quote]

OMG I’m glad to know I’m not the only one!  I get so jealous when I look through bridal magazines.

Anonymous

I recently bought a wedding dress (my third) and had a photo session wearing it last week.

Different than the previous times, this time around I bought the perfect earrings and hair accessories, a veil, shoes, etc.

My mood kind of got ruined by having a disappointing bridal makeover, but well at least there were some good photos.

Gaby 💜

Over the fifty plus years I have acquired A large wardrobe of fancy dresses everything from wedding to cocktail dresses as well as some lovely velvet formal gowns, that are my favorite. my first experience started when I  was fifteen, one of my sisters friends gave me A prom dress she had outgrown it was A pretty baby blue and had A lot of lace detail, oh how I loved to wear that dress. By the time I was eighteen I had four more donations from my sister and her friends, but at that time they had all gone off to collage. It wasn’t till I was married and out of collage before I accumulated any more dresses, and had outgrown what I had. My wife bought me A black velvet formal dress that I really  loved, That got me hooked again on formal and all types of fancy dresses, even wedding and bridesmaids. My last count was over thirty fancy dresses as well as fifty other dresses, but I am running out of closet space, so I am not buying many more, and I hate to get rid of anything.

Sarasue

Azalea
      Lady

I wouldn’t mind wearing a southern belle type dress as well as a wedding dress.

Lea
      Lady

I truly adore formal dresses and have several evening gowns, a bridesmaid dress, and a bridal party dress. Paired with sparkly, strappy stileetos, I feel so feminine and sexy wearing them.

Anonymous

[quote quote=174064]I love OTT outfits! I have 3, 2 maid outfits 1 black/white and another in pink/dark pink and another totally pink sissy dress. ….
      [/quote]

I have a maid dress.

Have been looking at a sissy dress – can you recommend any?

Hey gang,

One of the few times I’ve found success with in store shopping I went Macy’s.

I went to the discount rack and found a formal LBD homecoming dress in XXXL.

It had a zipper up sheer top with tight neck / choker effect.

It is  rather revealing and I love how it shows off my legs when I get to enjoy it.

I just love the feeling when I wear it and think about being taken to a dance and pampered as I clicked around all night in my highest of heels!!!

Huge fan of these types of dresses.

Absol-fab-olutely. its a dream of mine to wear one once in my life. either to a ball or gala.

Anonymous

If you like bride, bridesmaid, prom, homecoming (and what many call a prom, is here called a ‘formal’ – school formal that is), formal, party dresses, then look up a site called ‘LuckDresses’.

They make to standard sizes, AND (it’s a big ‘and’ for us) – they make to custom measurements.

So they will cater to those who aren’t hourglass shaped, or even ‘A’ shaped. Some of us are more ‘V’ shaped.

Just browsing through the pretty dresses is fun.

I could have a wardrobe full of ball gowns, I could have a beautiful made to measure Bridal gown, a French maids uniform or the sexiest set of undies to primp and perform around the house in but instead I choose to pick nice but ordinary outfits as my ultimate reward for cross dressing is to be out and about, yearning to be seen but desperate not to be noticed? I still get the same chills and thrills as I did 40 years ago, I still get the same heart pumping excitment every time I leave the house and the same sigh of relief when I get back.

I’m not talking about clubbing or coffee mornings, just taking walks and driving to window shop or post non-exsisting letters as I never knew about Significant Others or other CDs and the only sympathetic girl friends I knew were in my teens (sigh….where are they now?) It would have been nice to have someone to do the talking for me but one day an enterprising CD will invent a syrup to give a higher pitched voice. not too high, just enough to sing ‘hey big spender’ at the karaoke.

I am fast approching 70 (68 now) and my adventures are slowing down but I still feel beautiful and my walks are getting shorter and my drives are getting longer and I continue to post a photo almost every day and they do say that a bird (even an old one) with it’s colourful plumage is too pretty to keep indoors, in all these years I have been chatted up twice and shouted at once, I have been the victim of several drive by ‘tootings’ and one half hearted wolf whistle……not bad eh?

Sally xxx

Patty Phose
      Duchess

What I would consider and over the top dress is one that is too short and sexy to wear in public, then go out in it anyway. It is scary, but the excitement. thrill and rush is off the charts.

Anonymous

I have a beautiful wedding dress and a couple of long event gowns. One is a deep purple velvet dress with a slit up the left led to just above the knee with a short matching jacket. I would just LOVE to be able to have an event to wear that to!

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

If we are discussing “normal” formal wear, ie evening gowns, Mother of the Bride Dresses and wedding gowns, I’m not sure I agree with the OTT description as these are worn by women all the time, when the occasion requires same.

Where it may have “shaved legs” and where I am “guilty as charged” is period fashion and here’s two examples.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/scarlett-ocaty/

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/lady-catherine-of-alphington/

Ever since childhood, after I read a book on period fashion, I have been fascinated about these clothes and wearing and owning these two gowns were dreams come true. Especially when I wore the “Scarlett” dress in public at a CD event three years ago,

My CDH profile contains lots more photos of Bridal, Mother of The Bride, evening and bridesmaids gowns, so if anyone is interested, feel free to browse.

Happy (formal) dressing

Caty

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I suppose it depends as to what you mean about “Over The Top”. I do have one of the French Maid outfits, I’ve only worn it home, doing housework and cooking!

The only other one which might fit your criteria is a 20’s flapper dress, short, of course, as that’s my style I’m afraid, but with the typical tassels and fringes along the bottom. I bought it for a 20’s themed party back in June, but we all know what happened to the best laid plans!

More recently I’ve become enamoured with a Victorian, or an even earlier era, like late 18th or early 19th century English Emily Bronte kind of look. That’s a style which had never interested me until a while ago, and it would be cool to have one, and actually wear it to a ball or a party somewhere.

Amy

JOJO
      Lady

For the past number of years I have worn my French Maid costume out on Halloween. I have always had a good time wearing it and have received quite a few positive comments on it.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Halloween is so great isn’t it! You can do so much then, than any other time!

Amy

Anonymous

I only own one “Over the Top” dress.  It is a black corset dress.  The laces of the corset continue down into the skirt.  There is a panel that covers my bottom, but between the laces and the very short skirt, it leave little to the imagination.  (If you know what I mean.)  I would never wear it out in public.  It’s for intimate time with someone special.  Anyway, I’d really love to get a formal gown and have an occasion to wear it.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Well Girls, I was in a used clothing store today and I saw what you would describe as an Over The Top dress, a wedding dress.

My wife was with me, and guessed was a 1980’s wedding dress. Lovely of course, satin with puffy sleeves, pearls embroidered and even the veil was with it. Quite reasonable at about $20.

Fortunately, I suppose, it wasn’t my size so I didn’t buy it. So that was that. However two things come to mind. The first is this was someone else’s wedding dress, which has now ended up in a thrift store for a few dollars, and it’s seems a slightly weird and creepy thing to be wearing something which was so special for another woman.

Then I’m not  at all sure I really want a wedding dress! Though my wife was kidding me about buying it! Really!

Amy

Hello Candy

I have a Sailor moon outfit.

Hugs

Natasha 💋

For me the whole point of cross dressing would be wearing OTT outfits

Anonymous

I own a few OTT dresses: a skimpy french maid outfit that was one of the first purchases I ever made from a women’s clothing store, a shiny sequin cocktail dress that I had my eye on for months before being brave enough to pull the trigger on, and a Belle Disney princess gown that I’ve worn in public twice at halloween parties (probably my favorite of all the dresses and gowns I own).

I love the spectacular way they show me off when I wear them, especially with full make-up, shoes, and wig. (I mean, go big or go home, right?)

I have a nice red bridesmaid dress which is good for pictures but not much else

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Natasha, Sailor Moon! OMG, my daughter was the biggest little Sailor Moon fan way back when she was a little girl.

I haven’t heard about Sailor Moon for ages! Cool outfit.

Amy

Anonymous

I would say OTT dresses are the uber fancy, black tie and white tie formal dresses. Wedding gowns, quicciniara, prom, royal balls and more come to mind. And the other side of OTT are the ones with way too much going on that look ridiculous.

I found a real ballerina dress that was white with green sequin floral design that had the full tutu underneath. It was at a estate sale and it was my size! I don’t know what came over me but I knew that I HAD to have it. I showed my wife and she asked and found that the price was only $5. Needless to say that it came home with us and I feel so feminine when I wear it. I paired it with white pantyhose and white ballet flats and we both love the look…. Stephanie

Anonymous

Candy. Hope this question is still active? Never heard the designation, OTT, but works for me. NY EVE 2017 I wore a black sequins dress. Could barely breathe. The heels and stockings to die for…and the lingerie, well, let’s just say did justice for what you could see. And all by my lonesome and enjoyed every moment.
      I thought then about what I could wear on “regular” days that was equally exciting. So, skater skirts shortened to high school plaid uniforms. You know, the really really short ones. The maid outfits make house cleaning much more interesting – my house is REALLY clean! They’re all such fun. Watch out for the “farmer’s daughter” outfit. Makes you appreciate them!
      P

Yes yes and yes

Anonymous

Awhile back on my one first venture in sissyhood my drab gard was locked in a drawer for the weekend and I was limited to the very sweet femme over the top garb laid out on the top bunk. I had never been much of a fan of pink and chartreuse…but it was delightful to try…INDOORS!

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Omg. I have always dreamed about wearing ott items. I wasn’t attracted to dressing by regular day to day clothing it’s the over the top that became etched into my mind. I always found it funny listening to women in my life complaining about bridesmaid dresses they were forced to wear. The dresses were a style that they didn’t like, possibly a bit too sexy for their taste or just plain uncomfortable. Those comments made me want to raise my hand and volunteer to switch places with them. The thought of a wedding gown or any ball gown that is tailored for me is sublime. Unfortunately most of these dresses are really big and space is at a premium not to mention the price, so it’s not something I can own. Not practical in the least but if I had a bucket list they are near the top.

Anonymous

If any of you ladies want over the top clothing go to the website: the sissy store or there other name: shop . E blue . Com w0W they do have some over the top clothing

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?