Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I live in a small town -pop 1300 and work in a collage town -pop 70,000. Last Wen. shortly after opening I went into the Torrid store at the mall in the collage town and asked for help looking for a nice top or a dress. I was in drab and only had the nerve to do this after listening to all you lovely ladies out there. After looking at a couple of things I blurted out the question ” do you do bra sizing”. Isabelle said “yes” and helped me pick out the right size. Then she picked out 4 bras for me to try in the fitting room. When I picked out the one I wanted I brought it to her and told her I’d like this one. By this time the store was starting to get busy – instead of being the only one in the store she now had 6 other customers. At this point I was starting to panic. She brought the bra to the cash register and proceeded to ring me up and then told me that they had a promotion of buy one get the second at half price. I asked her if she had the same bra in a beige color she said yes and went and got it . By this point I was still in panic mode and all I could do was stand in front of the cash register and stare at it, like I had blinders on. She guided me through signing up for a Torrid card and other things. My mind had trouble hearing and understanding everything she said -I wanted to run out of the store never to go back and I wanted to get those bras soooo bad so I could become more of the woman I desire to be. I don’t know how you girls do it but I gave her my male name for all this info. When I got back to the car I was both relieved and thrilled at my purchase.
      Now let’s go on to today. I dressed up completely in fem. Was wearing one of my favorite dresses, wedges and pink toenails. When I stepped in the store I asked Isabelle if she recognized me. I was a little disappointed that she knew who I was, I thought the fem me was enough different that it would be hard to tell.I went in the store right at opening and asked Isabelle if they had a top or sweater to go with my dress. She helped me and I purchased a nice blazer and a new dress.
      Thanks all For sticking out my long winded post. The last thing I want to say here is if I can do this in middle conservative Iowa more of us here should be able to also. Finally I wish I could find someone in my general area to share some of these shopping thrills with, wether it be a GG or another CD.
      Love you all Sandy

Anonymous

good one Sandy. All done and dusted. You must be so pleased!

Marti xxx

Wow, Sandy – you go, girl!

A double adventure – and, from what you didn’t say, it seems the 2nd time was easier?

What I got from that was the first time you were a bit terrified (understandably), but the 2nd time only disappointed – which is better, I think?

This is the very reason I try to improve my look every time – each time I step up the femme, I get more confidence.

Sounds like you had a couple of real confidence boosters there – as you say, there’s nothing like stepping out into a conservative town to make you realise that the world doesn’t really care what you look like, as long as you carry it – and it sounds like you carried it well!

Well done!

Makes me think of this Ru Paul tune, which I sometimes hear in my head when I am pleased with a particular outfit!)

https://youtu.be/mS_Dp1KYGIE

Love Laura

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Truth is I was at the mall almost 30 min before it opened and became one of the ‘mall walkers’ 3+ trips around the main part of the mall before opening.
        Sandy

Terri
      Duchess

Sandy, Thank you so much for sharing your story. You dont know how many others you have helped by telling it. I have been going out for a long time. I have shopped in a lot of stores, got my hair and nails done etc. I have met hundreds of people just like me. Your story reminded me of my first experiences over 40 yrs ago. I remembered how nervous I was and felt the same feelings you did. Thank you again !
      Huggs Terri

Hi Cassandra, I had a similar enough experience today too. I was at Tesco buying a few bits en femme. One item was a pair of sandals, as I had been wearing a pair of 4″ boots for a few hours. The cashier commented on the say how nice they were, this is the first tibe it’s happened to me, maybe it happens less in the UK. I made a comment oh how I was going to change into them asap. She said she struggles to wear heels, my reply was I was practicing myself.

It was a lovely conversation, especially as my voice is a give away.

Love Trisha

Anonymous

That’s so awesome Sandy! 🍀🦋 A great outing!! 🤣🧚‍♂️

Hi Sandy,

Well done!  Torrid is really terrific and CD friendly.  Sign up for their emails and you’ll hear of their special promotions.  I’ve seen buy one get two free clearance items.  The Torrid staff will help you find an item you’re looking for on line in a size or color you’d like.  Congratulations on shopping as Sandy.  Your outing will help others Overcome their reservations and pursue their shopping experience.

Alice

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?