Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jake Will
      Lady

My favourite outfit is a black dress, black jacket, black tights and black heels, sometimes I swap the dress for a grey dress or swap the black tights for navy blue tights. I’m wanting to change it up a bit and do something a little bit brighter. Unsure what I could do. I prefer a sophisticated look/business woman look.

Any tips or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Anonymous

The business look tends to not use a lot of bright color. January is the best time to look for women’s business suits because that’s a clearance period. Few of them sport bright colors.

One suit I recently found consisted of a bright sky blue pant suit. I already had dark pants and a white top for use when I visit a prison. I added the bright blue blazer to my ensemble. Something on that order should also work well with the LBD (little black dress) that was so much in vogue for office wear in the 199o’s while being versatile enough for the dance floor.

Black is great because it will accept a lot of things. You could get a nice bright half sweater or Blazer to put over the black dress. Like a bright yellow or a nice pink top. Red on black looks so cute and so does a nice bright darker blue. All will still look very business casual and give a little color. I think for business a nice jacket/blazer with a variety of tops under of various color or patterns with a black skirt or white and black skirt about knee length with will go with a lot of tops that are more blousy. You can wear a light tan to darker nylons with a shorter pump. I love the skirt,top and jacket style because if allows so many changes or combinations with fewer cloths and you can take it from business to casual or to very dressy by just taking off a jacket or putting on a fancy top and fancy heels. Have fun with it and watch other woman it will give you a lot of ideas.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Lately, I have been wearing a black skirt, and I have several, with a red top, and a recently bought a lovely red sweater, with a nearly knee length black skirt, not quite as snug as pencil skirt, and wear either sheer black or nude tights with it. It gives me a well dressed professional look, though the top is red, its’ not super bold.

Another one would to pair the black bottom, with a blue or purple top, depending on your preference.

Amy

Maybe this may be of use

https://outfitposts.com/category/feature/feature-one-piece-multiple-ways/page/2

the one for the black pencil skirt may appeal

I also like the business woman look, and my wardrobe consists primarily of business woman attire.

I only have 2 colours for tights, black and nude.  I find those 2 colours pair well with virtually any outfits worn.  For me, skirt colours range from solid black, red, blue, and brown.  I do have a few other designs like dragons tooth, floral, but I find I don’t wear those as often.

For tops, colours range from solid red, pink, blue, white, and green.  I have a few floral blouses, and at times wear those.

I tend to buy solid colours, as it pairs well with whatever you are wearing.

Thank goodness for lady politicians who show that powerful women no longer have to look like a man in a skirt.

Sally

Myself personally, I prefer the dressier types of outfits. One day, I would love to have pictures done while wearing a wedding gown, the ultimate dress. Next would be a prom gown. I once got to wear a civil war gown to work for Halloween, very small office. It was an awesome experience. My ex-wife had the dress and helped with the makeup and wig.

RachelAnn
      Lady

I too prefer a business look, I highly recommend a Pinterest account if you don’t already have one.  You can search any outfit you want.  For example a  “black dress outfits”  search will yield many results and from there you’ll get categories to click on like business, casual, summer, winter whatever.  I use it all the time, very helpful for all kinds of outfits.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?