- January 26, 2021 at 1:40 pm #438672AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
Hello my beautiful girls
So, for me personally, painting my toenails and then looking at the finished product!!….every time I catch sight of them, it is so feminine, it screams gorgeous…
being a Rimmel girl, my two faves are ” Queen of tarts” red….( me??? ) and “funtime fucshia” pink
I usually give them two to three weeks on and then a week off, to recover and breathe….( heartbreak time!!!)
I want to know three things….
Do you/ can you paint them??
Do you keep them painted permanently or give them a break??
What’s your fav colours??
Total of 40 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- February 4, 2021 at 2:19 am #442674Gabi (Luna)LadyRegistered On: January 30, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 38Has thanked: 13 timesBeen thanked: 152 times
I keep them painted all the time since I can’t paint my fingernails for more than a couple of days. I’ve had to give up wearing sandals in the summer but my gel pedicure makes up for it. And, I can wear a toe ring, which as a male people looked at me a couple of times so they could check without seeming to be checking. As a woman all jewelry is accessible. But I only really like foot jewelry. Rings and neclaces just bother me and make me fidget.
As for colors, lately I’ve been liking darker colors, like an incredible blue from a brand called Abitzon(?), because otherwise I would wear the most iconic, gorgeous red every day.
- February 4, 2021 at 12:36 am #442662BillieJayManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: September 21, 2018Topics: 319Replies: 92Has thanked: 251 timesBeen thanked: 359 times
Funny… this has been one of our most constant pieces of crossdressing through my 33 year plus marriage. She knew very near the beginning that I dress, and it never bothered her.
We had been married about three years and I had to go on an overnight business trip. She was insecure, and was afraid I’d have a one night stand while I was away.
She asked me if she could paint my toes as insurance that I wouldn’t do something I shouldn’t, and they were kept that way about half the time through our years raising children. Now they’re always done, but sometimes I go a few weeks before refreshing them.
I’m a pink to a dark berry kinda girl.
- February 4, 2021 at 12:45 am #442664
- February 3, 2021 at 7:15 pm #442605Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 468Has thanked: 7597 timesBeen thanked: 1851 times
- February 3, 2021 at 11:53 pm #442657AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
- February 2, 2021 at 7:39 pm #442116Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 15Replies: 1205Has thanked: 3384 timesBeen thanked: 3205 times
I do paint my toenails from time to time. Last Christmas I painted my toenails red and green just for the season, other times it’s just red, but I have done purple too.
My son lives with us, and he doesn’t know about Amy. I’d like to tell my kids, who are all adults, but my wife doesn’t want me too. So when I’m painted I have to be careful to keep my feet covered. If he were to see me, that might blow the gig open. In a way I think it wouldn’t be a bad thing, but for now I’m keeping the status quo.
However I quite agree that having painted toenails is divine!
- February 2, 2021 at 7:35 pm #442112PrudenceAmbassadorRegistered On: January 7, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 102Has thanked: 534 timesBeen thanked: 409 times
I do give them a break once in a while. But they are painted 95% of the time. Pink and Purple. I do get a pedi every now and then. But I also paint them myself. Hugs
- February 2, 2021 at 7:35 pm #442111HippieLadyRegistered On: December 20, 2016Topics: 19Replies: 271Has thanked: 922 timesBeen thanked: 910 times
I like painted nails, but I’m too impatient to do all the steps for perfect nails. I rather pay someone else to do it for me.
My favorites colors are the pastels line up, and bright neons.
- February 2, 2021 at 7:31 pm #442110Jessie GLadyRegistered On: December 31, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 31Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 117 times
- February 1, 2021 at 5:14 pm #441565Rayna (was Dala) CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 156Has thanked: 284 timesBeen thanked: 466 times
Hey there! I LOVE having my nails painted, fingers & toes…
I go for regular mani/pedi days… this moment I’m trying a subtle color, battleship gray…lol(no sparkle)
My favorite color is a opalescent green to purple(one angle it looks green, as you move it turns purple).
Reds, blues, sparkle and shine are what I really like….
I usually do the 2 weeks on 1 or 2 weeks(sucks) off.
My Mrs and I usually go to the nail salon together for a fun afternoon.
- January 31, 2021 at 7:56 pm #441205LeonaraAmbassadorRegistered On: October 13, 2015Topics: 4Replies: 394Has thanked: 1047 timesBeen thanked: 853 times
- January 31, 2021 at 7:54 pm #441203
- January 31, 2021 at 7:25 pm #441195Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 468Has thanked: 7597 timesBeen thanked: 1851 times
My toe nails have been a pale pink for months now. I need to clear them off and choose a different color entirely, it isn’t like anyone but my wife sees them, and if I don’t do my toe nails she will. I’m thinking going purple or blue this time just for a change. Usually use OPI or Essie. They haven had a break in…I dunno, maybe since October? Sounds like i should clear them off for a few days. Not sure my wife let’s hers stay color free for a few days ever. Must ask.
- February 1, 2021 at 12:00 am #441255AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
It’s nice to change colours…….I have just bought some Rita Ora
” Glaston Berry”… Rimmel of course….it’s quite bright!!!…..but we don’t want to get boring…do we???
…and it keeps a girl on her toes!!! ( sorry)
- January 31, 2021 at 2:56 pm #441081
- January 30, 2021 at 10:35 am #440501
- January 30, 2021 at 9:18 am #440477Rachel CrossDuchessRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 247Has thanked: 1456 timesBeen thanked: 1425 times
i have my toes painted professionally. they are always painted and have been everyday now for about 3 years. i love them hot pink. hardest thing to do is pick out a color. i like sitting in the massage chair while the person does them up. lots of times i have a little design done on the big toes. $5 exrta for that. its amazing how they can draw such a small design on your toes and not mess it up. so much better than doing it yourself. toes have a like new car finish on them. i love showing them off. ill wear sandals in girl mode and guy mode. its something i do about once a month. if you want to feel like a real woman go to a nail salon and get them done.
- January 30, 2021 at 10:16 am #440495AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
Rachel…you should be getting commission…you make it sound so wonderful. x
- February 2, 2021 at 7:21 pm #442107Bridgette VonSmirffLadyRegistered On: October 18, 2020Topics: 18Replies: 468Has thanked: 7597 timesBeen thanked: 1851 times
I love the pun in the name of that one. I’m not as familiar with the Rimmel line as most others, as I don’t see as much of it. I’ll have to look up the color.
Well, crap. That was supposed to go under your reply to my post, but I seeit went here instead. My bad…I guess that’s what I get for late posting on my phone… sorry!
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Bridgette VonSmirff. Reason: Found i posted on the wrong spot
- January 30, 2021 at 8:37 am #440463Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 255Has thanked: 175 timesBeen thanked: 557 times
Do you/ can you paint them?? YES
Do you keep them painted permanently or give them a break?? They are only painted when I’m going out. I clean within a couple days. I should add if I am wearing closed toe shoes/boots I may not paint toenails.
What’s your fav colours?? Can’t say I have one. I decide toe and finger nail colors the day I go out. Much depends on mood and what/where I am going.
FYI, fingernails are always done.
- January 29, 2021 at 1:23 pm #440052Haley AnnLadyRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 72Has thanked: 53 timesBeen thanked: 282 times
I love painting my toenails too! The act itself is very sexy to me…like shaving my legs! I like to do mine dark…black or dark purple, and I only do them when I dress and then remove it. But, unlike my fingernails, I can paint the nails on both feet with my right hand🤣 Painting my fingernails on my right hand is a real challenge for this girl!
- January 29, 2021 at 1:34 pm #440056AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
Hello Haley honey
believe me, you are not alone.
painting your nails is on a long list of skills that women posses, and that a lot of us have problems with…but they all started from scratch like us….it’s just try, try and try again….and all that practise….is beautiful fun!!!
Huggs, grace xx
- January 30, 2021 at 2:17 am #440357
- January 29, 2021 at 2:23 am #439810stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 134Replies: 1667Has thanked: 2601 timesBeen thanked: 7345 times
I can’t. I can’t. Chosen colour is irrelevant because I can’t.
I’m jealous of all you lucky girls who can! If my wife caught me with painted nails I would be in the **** house. There are loads of girls just like me, and all we can do is look on with envy.
doonatthemou, Stephanie P 😞
- January 29, 2021 at 1:11 pm #440045AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
- January 28, 2021 at 4:53 pm #439710patty williamsLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2019Topics: 68Replies: 1267Has thanked: 2110 timesBeen thanked: 4367 times
Hi Grace thanks for such a fun post.
I as you keep my toes painted and wear it to work in drab Mode as a mechanic.LOL
My top three colors
Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby Red
L.A. Colors Wired dark metallic blue 424
Revlon Vivacious Pink 276
I give my toes a week to breathe after about three weeks sadly also.
I just love looking at them alone or in some cute Sandel wedges or open toe heels.
- January 29, 2021 at 1:14 pm #440048AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
This sounds silly, but you’re answers are so…..you!!!…always fun, always bubbly, always…..patty xx
- January 28, 2021 at 4:50 pm #439709Olivia LivinLadyRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 44Replies: 1563Has thanked: 7454 timesBeen thanked: 3973 times
- January 28, 2021 at 1:52 pm #439642Debbie LynnLadyRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 42Has thanked: 263 timesBeen thanked: 179 times
- January 28, 2021 at 1:33 pm #439639Jennifer LynnLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 193Has thanked: 66 timesBeen thanked: 1008 times
- January 28, 2021 at 11:44 am #439580Tabitha JamesLadyRegistered On: November 25, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 11Has thanked: 3 timesBeen thanked: 49 times
I love having painted nails and keep it on most of the year. Reds and pinks in the winter months, blues and purples in the summer. I walk around freely with flip flops and no one has ever said anything. Lately, due to Covid, I have had my fingers done full time too. The amazing thing is my wonderful wife likes to paint them.
- January 28, 2021 at 10:33 am #439536Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 659Has thanked: 41678 timesBeen thanked: 1289 times
In May 2019 I bought my first bottle of nail polish, basic white. I used it on the tips of my toenails, sort of a “poor girl’s” DIY french pedicure. I kept it going for about 6 months; by either touching them up or clearing the polish off and starting clean. However, October that year I began a massive amount of overtime at work and did not have the time to indulge in this new expression of my fem side. “White tipping” my toenails was part of my overall dressing for my CD/TG support group meetings. Just as my OT was decreasing in March 2020 and I was able to attend my meetings again; COVID canceled my meetings. Once in person gatherings can resume, I will begin painting my toenails again.
- January 28, 2021 at 10:41 am #439541AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
- January 28, 2021 at 11:22 am #439564Brittney AndrewsLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2019Topics: 3Replies: 659Has thanked: 41678 timesBeen thanked: 1289 times
Grace, at this moment in time, I am just looking forward to being able to get out of the house, dress full en fem, and meet with my group again. I was a “closeted” dresser from late 2015 until September 2018. This COVID social restriction/shutdown is making me feel like I am back in the closet; I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!
- January 28, 2021 at 12:31 pm #439614Hilda BeaumontDuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 192Has thanked: 464 timesBeen thanked: 695 times
Britney, M’dear, we all feel frustrated and claustrophobic because of the lockdowns.I can’t wait for it to end so that I can go out en femme and that is something I’m really looking forward to. A little while ago I stupidly purged my wardrobe. I’m slowly re-acquiring clothes and shoes. And, as I’m an older gal I’ve got my Covid vaccination tomorrow. So I agree with others, we can deal with this by looking forward to what we will be doing as the virus is conquered. Stay strong in the brief of yourself.
Love and hugs
- January 27, 2021 at 10:20 pm #439269Caty RyanBaronessRegistered On: August 27, 2017Topics: 75Replies: 757Has thanked: 6 timesBeen thanked: 2459 times
At my age, if I had enough left and was “sufficiently out” I would. But they are all “showing my age” and BTW for this old girl, its all a bit too hard. Just give me a nicd set of “Stick on” fingernails and I’ happy.
- January 27, 2021 at 1:12 pm #439119Jay UptonLadyRegistered On: November 28, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 11Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 46 times
I started painting my toes about a year and a half ago, just for fun. Typically have kept them painted, but sometimes I have let them go.
With the pandemic, and working from home for the last 10+ months, one day during a long and boring meeting, I did my finger nails too. Took a few tries to get my right hand looking decent as I am extremely righthanded. I’ve pretty much had them done up since about May or June of last year. Obviously not out and about like we were before, but I love running into a gal who has hers done, especially if she’s done some ‘nonstandard’ color or design. It’s nice to get a compliment on your color!
I do also have to say, that boy howdy does it piss some people off. It’s crazy…this? This is something that makes you angry? Some spare time and superior fashion sense?
Currently rockin a metallic looking blue from OPI, ‘Do You Sea What I See’. OPI and Essie are some of my favorites.
- January 27, 2021 at 12:56 pm #439106JACKIE SlipsDuchessRegistered On: July 29, 2019Topics: 1Replies: 37Has thanked: 92 timesBeen thanked: 113 times
- January 27, 2021 at 8:09 am #438996AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
- January 27, 2021 at 6:48 am #438952Jamie TaalLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 106Has thanked: 541 timesBeen thanked: 567 times
Yes, I do and I love it. I usually only get to paint them in the cool/cold months since they are cloaked by wearing socks 24/7. During the warmer months I would stand out for wearing socks since my family knows of my dislike for heat and favoring toward sandals, shorts and t-shirts. My wife is aware of my but not enthralled by my CDing and seems to be oblivious that my nails are painted for all i know. It may have something to do with me choosing muted colors and only having them exposed just before or after going to bed. I do not have a favorite polish and tend toward the less expensive and more available brands. To be discrete have Rose Gold, Pale Pink and Iridescent Clear Pale pink colors. I have used darker and brighter colors in the dead of winter but for very limited durations to avoid detection. I am not looking forward to springtime.
- January 27, 2021 at 6:33 am #438950Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 841Has thanked: 263 timesBeen thanked: 2652 times
- January 27, 2021 at 5:45 am #438944BigBangtheoryLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 149Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 626 times
I do paint my own toenails and prefer a hot pink or red. During the lockdown I became my wife’s nail tech also. We bought all the supplies online and I would do all of her nails, doing fillers or new tips. I loved the “girlfriend”experience. She always received compliments on them and would brag on my doing them. I only do color on my fingernails when staying home but thinking about doing a clear or light pink while out in my “girly drab”…. Stephanie
- January 27, 2021 at 5:35 am #438942Darcy GrigsbyLadyRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 31Has thanked: 2 timesBeen thanked: 198 times
I get a pedicure once a month. It started due to my horribly dry and cracked feet and was at my wife’s suggestion. We started going regularly and then one October I decided to get orange polish. The tech painted pumpkins on my big toes and my daughters loved it. So I have used that as an excuse ever since and usually opt for a color that coincides with a holiday or a season for the additional excuse should it ever need to be explained. Right now they are a sparkly blue because of new years, but sometime this week they will be a beautiful shade of red (pink would be too hard to get away with).
- January 27, 2021 at 5:16 am #438922Robin SnowLadyRegistered On: May 7, 2019Topics: 19Replies: 215Has thanked: 1724 timesBeen thanked: 965 times
I absolutely love painting my toes. The look so pretty. I find it very relaxing to do them myself. I do a base coat, 2 or 3 coats of color and a topcoat. Assuming I don’t wreck the before the polish fully dries, it can last at least 4 weeks. Then it’s remove, give them a week to breath and make them pretty again. I mostly wear a lot of nudes but lately I’ve been trying more bolder colors.
- January 27, 2021 at 2:11 am #438848Candy CanLadyRegistered On: October 19, 2018Topics: 35Replies: 129Has thanked: 270 timesBeen thanked: 675 times
- January 27, 2021 at 2:05 am #438846Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 607Has thanked: 6363 timesBeen thanked: 2609 times
I keep my toenails painted, but try to give them a break once a month for a few days, but they just look so pretty??
For my toes, it’s always bright red, I just love the way they shine at me, and say “hey,girl”
my fingernails are a soft pink during the week, and usually red on the weekends.
- January 27, 2021 at 2:02 am #438845Ashley KonnersLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 97Has thanked: 448 timesBeen thanked: 323 times
Yes I too love to have my toenails painted and have been for about 3 years now!I love looking down and seeing all the pretty colours on them especially through my pantyhose and it feels like it’s supposed to be there. My wife does remind me to give them a break once in a while as I normally have a clear base coat on them and paint them when I can. I longest I’ve left a colour on was around a week and a half. I too like reds and fuchsia’ , some taupes and I have a nice one called espresso.My wife picks the colours for me a lot which is nice as I can never make up my mind. Lol. I do leave it on more in the cooler months but still do it in the warmer weather and have gone out in drab with them painted with flip flops on and never has anyone said a word to me. I love getting pedicures but Covid has put a damper on that. My lady that does them has found traces of nail polish on them at times and has asked if I would like colour instead of my normal clear coat she puts on them.I’m planning on getting her to paint them once e can get back to opening the salons.
- January 27, 2021 at 2:01 am #438844
- January 26, 2021 at 11:36 pm #438826SerenBaronessRegistered On: March 2, 2020Topics: 38Replies: 463Has thanked: 4036 timesBeen thanked: 2254 times
Atm mine are Nailberry raspberry, but I also like chocolate brown and turquoise.
As a kid I was always fascinated with the shiny jewel like finish of a good manicure, and didn’t really get why I couldn’t have the same 🙄
xx Seren xx
- January 26, 2021 at 9:31 pm #438818GenevïéveLadyRegistered On: July 28, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 813Has thanked: 7381 timesBeen thanked: 3418 times
- January 26, 2021 at 8:44 pm #438814Stephanie GreenLadyRegistered On: December 24, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 59Has thanked: 88 timesBeen thanked: 271 times
I painted my finger- and toenails last month when I was able to enjoy a week of Stephanie time. I used a pretty pink color. I loved the way they looked, and felt even more feminine that way. I look forward to more opportunities to paint my nails.
- January 26, 2021 at 7:31 pm #438793Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 496Has thanked: 401 timesBeen thanked: 2233 times
For the last year I’ve gotten a pedicure every 3 weeks. I love keeping them painted all the time. I’m sold on CND Gel Shellac. Fave colors are dark shades of red, purple, blue, brown, gray, and black.
- January 26, 2021 at 7:05 pm #438789Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 1842Has thanked: 3410 timesBeen thanked: 6305 times
I painted my toes a bright red a year ago last December, and left it on for most of the year. I was surprised at how durable the polish was. The toes are natural right now, mostly because they are difficult for me to reach…but it will be done.
- January 26, 2021 at 6:37 pm #438784Amanda MilanoLadyRegistered On: January 19, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 6Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 31 times
I love painting my toes and fingernails. Love doing my toes pink or purple and usually go with a red or pink on my fingers. I tried blue and white on my fingers but didn’t really care for it.
- January 26, 2021 at 6:30 pm #438781Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 137Has thanked: 257 timesBeen thanked: 726 times
I started painting my toenails a few years before I resumed crossdressing. I stopped in my late teens.
I hurt my back. And couldn’t trim my nails. My wife took me for a pedicure. And I was hooked on the whole process. 8 months later, I had my toes painted bright red for Christmas. (For a bit of a shit stir.) And got them painted ever since.
My crossdressing resumed through my ongoing back / leg problems. My chiropractor actually suggested I wear pantyhose for leg and lower back support. I was a bit suprised. But my wife and I researched it. And discovered many blokey bokes wore pantyhose for leg / back support in many vocations.
The back was eventually put right. But I continued to wear the hose, and paint my toe nails. And…
My wife and I joke that I have more makeup then she does. I like the Sinful Color range. And occasionally get other brands. I have tried most colors. Not keen on white, orange, or yellows.
I alternate between matt, and gloss. Dark and bold, to light, or nudes.
I’m not frightened of going out and about in drab, wearing thongs, or sandals. (In Australia thongs are flip flops)
Great question. Atm the moment my toes are painted a light blue, with silver glitter. They need redoing..
- January 26, 2021 at 5:43 pm #438769Mindy MillsLadyRegistered On: January 8, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 66Has thanked: 116 timesBeen thanked: 374 times
Mine are painted red most of the time. Thinking I may switch it up with pink now that I read so one of the responses here. Also recently started using feminine body soap, it’s so much more silky feeling than the men’s body wash I have used for decades.
- January 26, 2021 at 5:19 pm #438765Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 600Has thanked: 748 timesBeen thanked: 1781 times
Oh, my Queen of Tarts!
My fav is a laquer called ‘Naughty’ by Orly! Deep, dark plum colour and it defines the nails as no other colour can.
I have tried pink but that’s just not me and neither is red. Perhaps a dark pumpkin grey?
I keep it on until it starts to wear or chip… have a rest to treat the nails with moisturiser and then… paint some more.
Toes are the ideal thing as a pair of shoes can hide them (!) if necessary or they define you as feminine. I have gotten away with me being used for my granddaughter’s practice dummy when called out on them! Hahaha Works every time!
The hands are a different matter but with the widespread use of gloves… no real problem there anyway.
I kiss your toes, Majesty!
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Polly Stewart.
- January 26, 2021 at 5:02 pm #438760Jessie GLadyRegistered On: December 31, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 31Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 117 times
I paint mine during the week while I’m on the road traveling but have to remove for the weekends. I’ve been tempted to have mine painted during my monthly trip to the nail salon for a pedi. I really love the wax treatment to soften the feet! The more you do it the softer they get.
- January 26, 2021 at 4:06 pm #438734Paula HereLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 62Has thanked: 231 timesBeen thanked: 301 times
I love painting my toes.
OPI not a waitress, is my fave.
Always with a gap of a view days between painting. My wife had a toe nail fungus caused my not giving the nail bed time to breath. So now we always leave our toes unpainted for a week
- January 26, 2021 at 3:56 pm #438729MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 138Has thanked: 559 timesBeen thanked: 555 times
Yes, I paint them – easy to do in wintertime. I know it’s hidden but for me it’s such a simple statement to myself. And I enjoy it.
All the time ? Yes, but now you’re making me think about giving them a break.
Magenta is my colour of the month / year. What comes after magenta?
- January 26, 2021 at 3:52 pm #438728Patti JamesLadyRegistered On: January 5, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 74Has thanked: 562 timesBeen thanked: 263 times
- January 26, 2021 at 3:35 pm #438715Cynthia HughesLadyRegistered On: March 12, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 138Has thanked: 160 timesBeen thanked: 385 times
Yes, I can and do usually do keep them painted in the winter seasons.
I try to give them a break, but without polish, they look so naked.
Dark purples and burgundy are my favorites.
- January 26, 2021 at 2:47 pm #438695SharonLadyRegistered On: July 27, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 98Has thanked: 809 timesBeen thanked: 520 times
- January 26, 2021 at 2:45 pm #438694Amanda BurtonBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 1107Has thanked: 7778 timesBeen thanked: 4237 times
Hi sweetie, yeah I tend to use Rimmel, super Gel Nail polish, tends to last an extremely long time. Depending on work commitments and conditions I end up with a variety of different time spans of painting them. But I do like to give them a break sometimes for a couple of days. RIMMEL favorites,
Sun Fun Daze, Gilt Pleasure, Sea – Nymph, corauicious.
ROSE – QUARTZ ( you would love this one Grace I am sure), Primrose..
- January 26, 2021 at 2:26 pm #438689DuchessRegistered On: March 14, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 192Has thanked: 464 timesBeen thanked: 695 times
- January 26, 2021 at 2:09 pm #438682Lisa SmithBaronessRegistered On: December 9, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 28Has thanked: 168 timesBeen thanked: 112 times
I so enjoy seeing my toenails with a fresh coat of polish, especially when my legs have been freshly shaved! I do my own… I take my time and have progressed over the past several years. I have tried several different brands and, after trial and error (lots of errors), I much prefer OPI’s gel polish… lots of colors and it dries relatively quickly. I start off with a good clear base coat, let that dry, add two coats of the chosen polish, drying in between, of course, and once the second coat has dried, a liberal top coat to seal it and add extra shine! Ooooo it is so worth the effort!
I usually keep the polish on for 3-4 weeks, or as long as it doesn’t start to chip, and will take up to a week off between colors…
As for colors, I find polish is kinda like lipstick… so many colors to choose from. I will try about any color that appeals to me!
Hope this helps… Lisa
- January 26, 2021 at 2:07 pm #438681Rachel HayesLadyRegistered On: January 20, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 109Has thanked: 383 timesBeen thanked: 525 times
I’ve not got to doing my toe nails yet but I’m super exited for it. Painted toe nails are sexy as hell!
I want to try a nice dark blue and also a bright ish red.
Then I can decide which I prefer and maybe settle. Your fucshia pink sounds sooo cute too so I might have to try that!
- January 26, 2021 at 1:53 pm #438678Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 376Has thanked: 275 timesBeen thanked: 1510 times
Over the summer, I had pedicures done and got my nails painted. I first started with red, then pink, then a combination of colours (like red/pink) alternating toes.
During the lockdown last year, when nothing was open, I bought a bottle of red polish and painted my toe nails red. I can sort of paint my own nails but it was awkard so I got my wife to paint the rest of the nails for me.
I loved looking down at my toenails and the shiny bright colours. Since it was still during the lockdown, I kept it going for the whole summer until fall. It is kinda hard to wear flip flops on the way home from the salon when it is cold and snowing out.
Ha, one time my wife’s niece came by, noticed my red toe nails and complimented them. She didn’t even bat an eye nor did she think it was weird.
- January 26, 2021 at 1:59 pm #438679AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.