Viewing 63 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hello my beautiful girls

So, for me personally, painting my toenails and then looking at the finished product!!….every time I catch sight of them, it is so feminine, it screams gorgeous…

being a Rimmel girl, my two faves are ” Queen of tarts” red….( me??? ) and “funtime fucshia” pink

I usually give them two to three weeks on and then a week off, to recover and breathe….( heartbreak time!!!)

I want to know three things….

Do you/ can you paint them??

Do you keep them painted permanently or give them a break??

What’s your fav colours??

Over the summer, I had pedicures done and got my nails painted.  I first started with red, then pink, then a combination of colours (like red/pink) alternating toes.

During the lockdown last year, when nothing was open, I bought a bottle of red polish and painted my toe nails red.  I can sort of paint my own nails but it was awkard so I got my wife to paint the rest of the nails for me.

I loved looking down at my toenails and the shiny bright colours.  Since it was still during the lockdown, I kept it going for the whole summer until fall.  It is kinda hard to wear flip flops on the way home from the salon when it is cold and snowing out.

Ha, one time my wife’s niece came by, noticed my red toe nails and complimented them.  She didn’t even bat an eye nor did she think it was weird.

Anonymous

Wendy…

It is kinda hard to wear flip flops on the way home from the salon when it is cold and snowing out.”

very funny!!!…

and may well attract attention…xxx

I’ve not got to doing my toe nails yet but I’m super exited for it.  Painted toe nails are sexy as hell!

I want to try a nice dark blue and also a bright ish red.

Then I can decide which I prefer and maybe settle.  Your fucshia pink sounds sooo cute too so I might have to try that!

Love Rachel

Anonymous

I so enjoy seeing my toenails with a fresh coat of polish, especially when my legs have been freshly shaved! I do my own… I take my time and have progressed over the past several years. I have tried several different brands and, after trial and error (lots of errors), I much prefer OPI’s gel polish… lots of colors and it dries relatively quickly. I start off with a good clear base coat, let that dry, add two coats of the chosen polish, drying in between, of course, and once the second coat has dried, a liberal top coat to seal it and add extra shine! Ooooo it is so worth the effort!

I usually keep the polish on for 3-4 weeks, or as long as it doesn’t start to chip, and will take up to a week off between colors…

As for colors, I find polish is kinda like lipstick… so many colors to choose from. I will try about any color that appeals to me!

Hope this helps… Lisa

Grace, I haven’t yet ‘done my toe nails’ but your enthusiasm for the activity means it won’t be long before I do. So thank you my lovely!

HRxx

Anonymous

Hi sweetie, yeah I tend to use Rimmel, super Gel Nail polish, tends to last an extremely long time. Depending on work commitments and conditions I end up with a variety of different time spans of painting them. But I do like to give them a break sometimes for a couple of days. RIMMEL favorites, 

Sun Fun Daze, Gilt Pleasure, Sea – Nymph, corauicious.

Sally Hanson

ROSE – QUARTZ ( you would love this one Grace I am sure), Primrose..

Siobhan
      Lady

Always painted these days, refreshed every 3 weeks or so – currently in OPI – We The Female

Anonymous

Oh hi Sharon, one of my favorite of OPI is, “pink of hearts”

Siobhan
          Lady

Oh that looks nice, just changed to Telenovela Me About It, a vibrant pink, now matching my fingernails

Yes, I can and do usually do keep them painted in the winter seasons.

I try to give them a break, but without polish, they look so naked.

Dark purples and burgundy are my favorites.

Cynthia.

Mine are always painted in a soft pink. Promised myself I’m going to get a pedi so that’s going to happen in the next few days 😀

Patti 🥰

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

Yes, I paint them – easy to do in wintertime. I know it’s hidden but for me it’s such a simple statement to myself. And I enjoy it.

All the time ? Yes, but now you’re making me think about giving them a break.

Magenta is my colour of the month / year. What comes after magenta?

I love painting my toes.  

OPI not a waitress, is my fave.

Always with a gap of a view days between painting.  My wife had a toe nail fungus caused my not giving the nail bed time to breath. So now we always leave our toes unpainted for a week

Paula

Anonymous
      Lady

I paint mine during the week while I’m on the road traveling but have to remove for the weekends. I’ve been tempted to have mine painted during my monthly trip to the nail salon for a pedi. I really love the wax treatment to soften the feet! The more you do it the softer they get.

kisses, Jessieg

Oh, my Queen of Tarts!

My fav is a laquer called ‘Naughty’ by Orly! Deep, dark plum colour and it defines the nails as no other colour can.
      I have tried pink but that’s just not me and neither is red. Perhaps a dark pumpkin grey?

I keep it on until it starts to wear or chip… have a rest to treat the nails with moisturiser and then… paint some more.

Toes are the ideal thing as a pair of shoes can hide them (!) if necessary or they define you as feminine. I have gotten away with me being used for my granddaughter’s practice dummy when called out on them! Hahaha Works every time!

The hands are a different matter but with the widespread use of gloves… no real problem there anyway.

I kiss your toes, Majesty!

xxx Polly

Mine are painted red most of the time. Thinking I may switch it up with pink now that I read so one of the responses here. Also recently started using feminine body soap, it’s so much more silky feeling than the men’s body wash I have used for decades.

Peta Mari
      Lady

I started painting my toenails a few years before I resumed crossdressing. I stopped in my late teens.

I hurt my back. And couldn’t trim my nails. My wife took me for a pedicure. And I was hooked on the whole process. 8 months later, I had my toes painted bright red for Christmas. (For a bit of a shit stir.) And got them painted ever since.

My crossdressing resumed through my ongoing back / leg problems. My chiropractor actually suggested I wear pantyhose for leg and lower back support. I was a bit suprised. But my wife and I researched it. And discovered many blokey bokes wore pantyhose for leg / back support in many vocations.

The back was eventually put right. But I continued to wear the hose, and paint my toe nails. And…

My wife and I joke that I have more makeup then she does. I like the Sinful Color range. And occasionally get other brands. I have tried most colors. Not keen on white, orange, or yellows.

I alternate between matt, and gloss. Dark and bold, to light, or nudes.

I’m not frightened of going out and about in drab, wearing thongs, or sandals. (In Australia thongs are flip flops)

Great question. Atm the moment my toes are painted a light blue, with silver glitter. They need redoing..

I love painting my toes and fingernails. Love doing my toes pink or purple and usually go with a red or pink on my fingers. I tried blue and white on my fingers but didn’t really care for it.

Anonymous

I painted my toes a bright red a year ago last December, and left it on for most of the year. I was surprised at how durable the polish was. The toes are natural right now, mostly because they are difficult for me to reach…but it will be done.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

For the last year I’ve gotten a pedicure every 3 weeks. I love keeping them painted all the time. I’m sold on CND Gel Shellac. Fave colors are dark shades of red, purple, blue, brown, gray, and black.

Anonymous

I painted my finger- and toenails last month when I was able to enjoy a week of Stephanie time.  I used a pretty pink color.  I loved the way they looked, and felt even more feminine that way.  I look forward to more opportunities to paint my nails.

Seren
      Baroness

Hell yeah.
      Atm mine are Nailberry raspberry, but I also like chocolate brown and turquoise.
      As a kid I was always fascinated with the shiny jewel like finish of a good manicure, and didn’t really get why I couldn’t have the same 🙄

xx Seren xx

Yes yes cherries in the snow by revlon

Hello Grace, 

Yes I too love to have my toenails painted and have been for about 3 years now!I love looking down and seeing all the pretty colours on them especially through my pantyhose and it feels like it’s supposed to be there.  My wife does remind me to give them a break once in a while as I normally have a clear base coat on them and paint them when I can. I longest I’ve left a colour on was around a week and a half. I too like reds and fuchsia’ , some taupes and I have a nice one called espresso.My wife picks the colours for me a lot which is nice as I can never make up my mind.  Lol. I do leave it on more in the cooler months but still do it in the warmer weather and have gone out in drab with them painted with flip flops on and never has anyone said a word to me. I love getting pedicures but Covid has put a damper on that. My lady that does them has found traces of nail polish on them at times and has asked if I would like colour instead of my normal clear coat she puts on them.I’m planning on getting her to paint them once e can get back to opening the salons.
      Thanks

Ashley.

I keep my toenails painted, but try to give them a break once a month for a few days, but they just look so pretty??
      For my toes, it’s always bright red, I just love the way they shine at me, and say “hey,girl”
      my fingernails are a soft pink during the week, and usually red on the weekends.
      Hugs, Regi

Anonymous

I see many like gel colours.

More difficult to remove, or do you ladies have a secret for gel polish removal?

Robin Snow
      Duchess

Hi Grace,

I absolutely love painting my toes.  The look so pretty.   I find it very relaxing to do them myself. I do a base coat, 2 or 3 coats of color and a topcoat.   Assuming I don’t wreck the before the polish fully dries, it can last at least 4 weeks.  Then it’s remove, give them a week to breath and make them pretty again.  I mostly wear a lot of nudes but lately I’ve been trying more bolder colors.

Cheers,

Robin

I get a pedicure once a month. It started due to my horribly dry and cracked feet and was at my wife’s suggestion. We started going regularly and then one October I decided to get orange polish. The tech painted pumpkins on my big toes and my daughters loved it. So I have used that as an excuse ever since and usually opt for a color that coincides with a holiday or a season for the additional excuse should it ever need to be explained. Right now they are a sparkly blue because of new years, but sometime this week they will be a beautiful shade of red (pink would be too hard to get away with).

Hi Grace,

I do paint my own toenails and prefer a hot pink or red. During the lockdown I became my wife’s nail tech also. We bought all the supplies online and I would do all of her nails, doing fillers or new tips. I loved the “girlfriend”experience. She always received compliments on them and would brag on my doing them. I only do color on my fingernails when staying home but thinking about doing a clear or light pink while out in my “girly drab”…. Stephanie

Yes, I do and I love it. I usually only get to paint them in the cool/cold months since they are cloaked by wearing socks 24/7. During the warmer months I would stand out for wearing socks since my family knows of my dislike for heat and favoring toward sandals, shorts and t-shirts. My wife is aware of my but not enthralled by my CDing and seems to be oblivious that my nails are painted for all i know. It may have something to do with me choosing muted colors and only having them exposed just before or after going to bed. I do not have a favorite polish and tend toward the less expensive and more available brands. To be discrete have Rose Gold, Pale Pink and Iridescent Clear Pale pink colors. I have used darker and brighter colors in the dead of winter but for very limited durations to avoid detection. I am not looking forward to springtime.

Anonymous

Update

I have just bought two bottles of Rimmel ” Rita Ora Glaston Berry”….

Omg….it’s Candy Pink!!!!

Girl in the sweetie shop grace xxxx

Anonymous

got caught with painted toe nails  had to go to ER and nurse took my socks off

So… it was “Jackie Slips Up”?

xxx Polly

Anonymous

thats a good one hon

How exciting!

Jay Upton
      Lady

I started painting my toes about a year and a half ago, just for fun. Typically have kept them painted, but sometimes I have let them go.

With the pandemic, and working from home for the last 10+ months, one day during a long and boring meeting, I did my finger nails too. Took a few tries to get my right hand looking decent as I am extremely righthanded. I’ve pretty much had them done up since about May or June of last year. Obviously not out and about like we were before, but I love running into a gal who has hers done, especially if she’s done some ‘nonstandard’ color or design. It’s nice to get a compliment on your color!

I do also have to say, that boy howdy does it piss some people off. It’s crazy…this? This is something that makes you angry? Some spare time and superior fashion sense?

Currently rockin a metallic looking blue from OPI, ‘Do You Sea What I See’. OPI and Essie are some of my favorites.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

At my age, if I had enough left and was “sufficiently out” I would. But they are all “showing my age” and BTW for this old girl, its all a bit too hard. Just give me a nicd set of “Stick on” fingernails and I’ happy.

Caty

In May 2019 I bought my first bottle of nail polish, basic white. I used it on the tips of my toenails, sort of a “poor girl’s” DIY french pedicure. I kept it going for about 6 months; by either touching them up or clearing the polish off and starting clean. However, October that year I began a massive amount of overtime at work and did not have the time to indulge in this new expression of my fem side. “White tipping” my toenails was part of my overall dressing for my CD/TG support group meetings. Just as my OT was decreasing in March 2020 and I was able to attend my meetings again; COVID canceled my meetings. Once in person gatherings can resume, I will begin painting my toenails again.

Anonymous

Good for you Brittney, something to actually look forward to….is something we all need at this moment in time xx

Grace, at this moment in time, I am just looking forward to being able to get out of the house, dress full en fem, and meet with my group again. I was a “closeted” dresser from late 2015 until September 2018. This COVID social restriction/shutdown is making me feel like I am back in the closet; I DO NOT LIKE IT AT ALL!

Britney, M’dear, we all feel frustrated and claustrophobic because of the lockdowns.I can’t wait for it to end so that I can go out en femme and that is something I’m really looking forward to. A little while ago I stupidly purged my wardrobe. I’m slowly re-acquiring clothes and shoes. And, as I’m an older gal I’ve got my Covid vaccination tomorrow. So I agree with others, we can deal with this by looking forward to what we will be doing as the virus is conquered. Stay strong in the brief of yourself.
            Love and hugs
            HildaRuth xx

Hi Girlz,

I love having painted nails and keep it on most of the year. Reds and pinks in the winter months, blues and purples in the summer. I walk around freely with flip flops and no one has ever said anything. Lately, due to Covid, I have had my fingers done full time too. The amazing thing is my wonderful wife likes to paint them.

Warmer months my toenails are always painted, wearing sandals and open toed shoes. Wintertime I get lazy and they get painted a lot less.

Yes. Yes. And…..Pink!

It’s girly to be a girl!

Anonymous

Thanks. Thanks. And…..Thanks!

I usually do my own, they have colour on them endlessly. Bright pink, copper and teal.

Hi Grace thanks for such a fun post.

I as you keep my toes painted and wear it to work in drab Mode as a mechanic.LOL

My top three colors

Sinful Colors Ruby Ruby Red

L.A. Colors Wired dark metallic blue 424

Revlon Vivacious Pink 276

I give my toes a week to breathe after about three weeks sadly also.

I just love looking at them alone or in some cute Sandel wedges or open toe heels.

Hugs Patty

Anonymous

Patty

This sounds silly, but you’re answers are so…..you!!!…always fun, always bubbly, always…..patty xx

Anonymous

I love painting my toenails too! The act itself is very sexy to me…like shaving my legs! I like to do mine dark…black or dark purple, and I only do them when I dress and then remove it. But, unlike my fingernails, I can paint the nails on both feet with my right hand🤣 Painting my fingernails on my right hand is a real challenge for this girl!

Haley😘

Anonymous

Hello Haley honey

believe me, you are not alone.

painting your nails is on a long list of skills that women posses, and that a lot of us have problems with…but they all started from scratch like us….it’s just try, try and try again….and all that practise….is beautiful fun!!!

Huggs, grace xx

Anonymous

It is fun!

Do you/ can you paint them?? YES

Do you keep them painted permanently or give them a break?? They are only painted when I’m going out. I clean within a couple days. I should add if I am wearing closed toe shoes/boots I may not paint toenails.

What’s your fav colours?? Can’t say I have one. I decide toe and finger nail colors the day I go out. Much depends on mood and what/where I am going.

FYI, fingernails are always done.

Sandy

Anonymous

i have my toes painted professionally. they are always painted and have been everyday now for about 3 years. i love them hot pink. hardest thing to do is pick out a color. i like sitting in the massage chair while the person does them up. lots of times i have a little design done on the big toes. $5 exrta for that. its amazing how they can draw such a small design on your toes and not mess it up. so much better than doing it yourself. toes have a like new car finish on them. i love showing them off. ill wear sandals in girl mode and guy mode. its something i do about once a month. if you want to feel like a real woman go to a nail salon and get them done.

Anonymous

Rachel…you should be getting commission…you make it sound so wonderful.  x

I love the pun in the name of that one. I’m not as familiar with the Rimmel line as most others, as I don’t see as much of it. I’ll have to look up the color.

Well, crap. That was supposed to go under your reply to my post, but I seeit went here instead. My bad…I guess that’s what I get for late posting on my phone… sorry!

Bridgette

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Bridgette VonSmirff. Reason: Found i posted on the wrong spot
      Anonymous

[postquote quote=440495]
      it is grace. heaven in a chair.

Anonymous

Hi Grace,

Yes I keep polish on my toe nails all the time. Favorite colors are purple, blue and pink.

Chloe

My toe nails have been a pale pink for months now. I need to clear them off and choose a different color entirely, it isn’t like anyone but my wife sees them, and if I don’t do my toe nails she will. I’m thinking going purple or blue this time just for a change. Usually use OPI or Essie. They haven had a break in…I dunno, maybe since October? Sounds like i should clear them off for a few days. Not sure my wife let’s hers stay color free for a few days ever. Must ask.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Hi Bridgette

It’s nice to change colours…….I have just bought some Rita Ora

” Glaston Berry”… Rimmel of course….it’s quite bright!!!…..but we don’t want to get boring…do we???

…and it keeps a girl on her toes!!! ( sorry)

Grace xx

Leonara
      Ambassador

Red(der) the better to match my lips lol

Leonara
      Ambassador

Grace, thank you for the information about giving the toenails a break .. I have them on at least 2 months

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Hey there! I LOVE having my nails painted, fingers & toes…

I go for regular mani/pedi days… this moment I’m trying a subtle color, battleship gray…lol(no sparkle)

My favorite color is a opalescent green to purple(one angle it looks green, as you move it turns purple).

Reds, blues, sparkle and shine are what I really like….

I usually do the 2 weeks on 1 or 2 weeks(sucks) off.

My Mrs and I usually go to the nail salon together for a fun afternoon.

Hugs,

Rayna

Anonymous
      Lady

Yes but i only paint them during the week whilei travel.

usually a mocha or light pink. Last week though it was boot strappin brown.

Hippie
      Lady

I like painted nails, but I’m too impatient to do all the steps for perfect nails. I rather pay someone else to do it for me.

My favorites colors are the pastels line up, and bright neons.

Hippie

Prudence
      Ambassador

I do give them a break once in a while. But they are painted 95% of the time. Pink and Purple. I do get a pedi every now and then. But I also paint them myself.  Hugs

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I do paint my toenails from time to time. Last Christmas I painted my toenails red and green just for the season, other times it’s just red, but I have done purple too.

My son lives with us, and he doesn’t know about Amy. I’d like to tell my kids, who are all adults, but my wife doesn’t want me too. So when I’m painted I have to be careful to keep my feet covered. If he were to see me, that might blow the gig open. In a way I think it wouldn’t be a bad thing, but for now I’m keeping the status quo.

However I quite agree that having painted toenails is divine!

Amy

I spoke to my wife about this thread, and we’ve got an appointment tomorrow to get our feet done together! I can’t wait!

Bridgette

Anonymous

Yay Bridgette….

…as Queen said…” Another one bites the dust”!!!!

so hope you have a blast…..do tell what happens.

Grace xx

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

Funny… this has been one of our most constant pieces of crossdressing through my 33 year plus marriage. She knew very near the beginning that I dress, and it never bothered her.
      We had been married about three years and I had to go on an overnight business trip. She was insecure, and was afraid I’d have a one night stand while I was away.
      She asked me if she could paint my toes as insurance that I wouldn’t do something I shouldn’t, and they were kept that way about half the time through our years raising children. Now they’re always done, but sometimes I go a few weeks before refreshing them.
      I’m a pink to a dark berry kinda girl.

Anonymous

Love the story Billiejay….

painting your nails so you wouldn’t stray, how did you keep the smile off your face???

I keep them painted all the time since I can’t paint my fingernails for more than a couple of days. I’ve had to give up wearing sandals in the summer but my gel pedicure makes up for it. And, I can wear a toe ring, which as a male people looked at me a couple of times so they could check without seeming to be checking. As a woman all jewelry is accessible. But I only really like foot jewelry. Rings and neclaces just bother me and make me fidget.

As for colors, lately I’ve been liking darker colors, like an incredible blue from a brand called Abitzon(?), because otherwise I would wear the most iconic, gorgeous red every day.

I know that this is an old thread, but it is really worth resurrecting. It is so feminine to have bright red or hot pink toenails. I get a pedicure every two weeks in a nail salon because it is so healthy and relaxing. When you go into a nail salon, there are no expectations. All you have to do is relax and enjoy being a girl. The foot and leg massage is heavenly and the best part is watching the nail tech perfectly apply fire engine red or hot pink nail polish on my toenails. I feel like a pampered lady sitting there with all of the other girls in the nail salon waiting for my pretty toes to dry. When I leave the nail salon, I feel like a Queen!

I am a feminine male and almost always wear open toe women’s sandals except when it is very cold outside. I also carry a women’s purse. I get a lot of compliments from women on my pretty toes sometimes when just standing in a checkout line at a store that usually leads to a conversation about nail polish brands and colors. Women really like guys that take care of their feet.

For the past several years colored nail polish on guys had become popular and there have even been articles in esquire and GQ magazine about men wearing nail polish and encouraging this fashion. Wearing nail polish is not a big deal anymore and is like men wearing earrings in the 80’s and 90’s.

One of the things that I noticed is that there are a lot of girls here on this forum that get pedicures but only in the winter months when their toes will not be on display. The time to get a pedicure is during the warm months when you toes will be on display in sandals. After all, what is the purpose of having pretty toes if you can’t show them off to everyone?

So girls, with the weather getting warmer it is time to get out there and get a pedi at a local nail salon with your favorite nail color, put on a nice pair of women’s sandals or unisex sandals, and proudly show off your pretty painted toes in both girl mode and guy mode. It is a very liberating experience.

Happy Spring and Summer

Jamie

Yes, not very well, purple. I hope to get a pedi this year and maintain the color.

Yes, I do my toenails. I took a break a while back and have not done them since. I think about it often, just have other priorities. The constant feelings of being a woman are still there. They have been there since I was a child and will be there until my last breath.

I just love painting my toenails, one of my most feminine activities.  Love the look and the way it makes me feel.  In winter painted all the time.  In summer not so much but brief periods like when traveling or camping (sandal wearer in summer)

[postquote quote=736545]
      Sandal wearing in the summer is the time to have your toenails painted because they are on display. There is no purpose in painting your toes if you don’t show them off.

I get a nail trim and gel polish every 5 – 6 weeks and a full pedi about every other time. Aren’t pedis the most wonderful pampering ever! I usually get white tips unless I get a light color then I will get a contrasting color. My color varies a lot but I tend to go to pastels more in the spring and summer and dark colors in the fall and winter. I always get gold in September for childhood cancer awareness and pink in October for breast cancer.

I used to get regular polish but moved to gel about a year ago. I hate the drying time.

Love,

Tommie

Anonymous

I dont get to very often but I do love it. So when I get the chance I make sure its a color that matches my outfit and its always so cute all together.  Its also the one thing makeup/accessory related that ive never had much trouble with and is easy to do (except sometimes that big toe!).

Just did mine in pink, they were a sparkly purple. I usually go 2 weeks then repaint them a pretty color.

A couple of days ago after spending all day working in the garden, my wife and had a few beers and were getting a bit silly.  She does not do her toes at all but knows I love to do mine.  After a another beer I dragged out my polish and offered to do her toes which she agreed to and then she insisted on doing mine, of I course I enthusiastically agreed.  Well about 10 minutes after we were done My adult son shows up and well that cat is out of the bag.  As my wife said the upside is now I dont have to hide them when he is coming over.  He just looked and said cool.

CD_Kristi
      Lady

I keep my toes painted and have for years, my favorite color is light pink but during the summer I’ll get a lot bolder. Right now metallic purple. I used to do my wife’s feet while she was still alive, she really enjoyed that.

Anonymous

Steph….

I can honestly say, my heart bleeds for you girls who can’t. It was something I just took for granted, but not any more…

….sorry honey, grace xx

Viewing 63 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?