Tagged: 

• This topic has 52 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 22 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Curious question for ladies that wear pantyhose and nylons alot.

How long does a pair last you before getting a run or a tear.

Barb Wire
      Lady

I usually have about 7 pairs on rotation at any give time, so I guess it takes a while to go through any of them. LOL!

Barb :B

Anonymous

Hi Barb out of those 7 pairs do they last couple weeks or less.

lol.

Donna

Barb Wire
          Lady

I’d say I can get 5 or 6 wears per pair, so less than a week if I wore the one pair every day for that week. So my vote should change to “A Few Day” from “Few Weeks”! Can you do that?

Good catch!

:B

Anonymous

try it barb did edit it so can change vote. hope it works.

Donna

Anonymous

Anyone who knows Dr.T.J., knows that she Loves her Nylons!!
      I only wear 100% nylon stockings, and I don’t leave home unless I am wearing a pair.
      I simply Love my Nylons!
      I have an 8 strap latex cinch up garter belt! I have several belts from Secrets in Lace ( SNL).
      SNL is a fabulous source for 100% Nylon Stockings, as well as OBGs, belts and hold ups.
      The material that aids in wear longevity; SPANDEX!
      I DON’T usually buy those. They are cheaper by far. I just don’t get the feeling from Spandex yarn in my stockings, sorry.
      Sooo, the 100% nylon stockings are much more likely to ” run” so have a bottle of clear nail polish available at a ” runs notice!”.
      Dr.T.J.

Anonymous

HI Tj when using the clear polish is it noticeable once applied to the run. Oh would that be cheating somewhat doing this by the 2 week course with 3 pairs of nylon by alternating them in 2 week wear. with no rips or tears or runs.

Donna

Anonymous

Sweet Ms.D.,
          Most folks who wear stockings know about ear nail polish. No one has ever said a word about wearing a repaired stocking, even if they might see some polish…they understand.
          Anyway you can come up with to extend stockings life let us all know, please !
          Some pairs ” run” $20 PER LEG!!
          LOVE YOU Ms. D.
          Dr.T.J.

Anonymous

thank you Tj for the pointers that way can make them last longer if had to.

hugs

Donna

Leonara
        Ambassador

Thank you Dr T.J. For the nylons “tips”..although, I am a pantyhose girl, you gave inspirational to try the nylons… sometimes it tough to teach an “old girl new tricks”… but I will give them a try..
        Thank you for sharing…
        Warmest regards, Leonara

Anonymous

Leonara….
          Sweetie, I love the fact that I was able to have some influence on you and this topic! Thank you for admitting that to me.
          Please, please get back to me with your journey.
          Love you girlfriend…
          Dr.T.J

Like TJ I love to wear nylons with a garter or suspender belt, particularly a multi-strap belt.

I have just got a 14-strap belt in black and white, my new favourites.

The feel of the nylons and the support of the straps is perfect.  I wear them most of the time.  So, the nylons do not last that long.  However, using the same brand means that as on goes there are others to pair up.  Worth paying for the joy of nylon stockings.

Davina

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Divina. Wow… 14 straps?

Yes.  A company in the UK.  They do international postage.

Davina

Anonymous

Davina ( love your beautiful name)…
        Sweetheart, I would love a 14 strap, I may have to look for that…exciting!
        I only wear stockings, and most times I wear combinations of OBGs, Bodybriefer or corset with straps .
        Oh…and panties Over!
        Love to chat on this topic…anytime folks!!
        Love, Dr.T.J.

Nylonz on ebay.

They have mixed

reviews but I have always had great response.

You might like the 14 strap OBG!

Davina

Anonymous

thank you might have to try  few pairs to see how they do.

Donna

Janine7
      Lady

I wear them at least five days out of each week. Being careful to keep my toenails trimmed and smooth, I can usually wear a pair of thigh-highs for at least two weeks without and snags or runs.

Anonymous

That great janine according to the test from the link would pass with flying colors .for sure.

Donna

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

That is a hard question to answer for me. I have ruined a pair in a day, while other pairs have lasted for a month. I guess on average I would have to say, on average about two or three weeks. Recently I bought a pair of short boots, that have a side zipper. Yep, you guessed it, brand new pantyhose got ruined when the zipper caught them.

Pantyhose had to have been invented by a man. Of all the different types of women’s clothing, learning to put pantyhose on was very difficult. Much harder than learning to put a bra on. But, finally overcame this road block. Thigh highs and stockings were so much easier.

Kay👩🏻‍🦳💋

Anonymous

Normally what I wear thigh highs.

Anonymous
      Lady

I don’t wear pantyhose or stocking that much but do more in the winter for the warmth and of course for the feeling. Nylons over fresh shaved legs… nice!

I always seem to get a few wearings out of them until my big male fingernails will pick them and then theres a run… sigh. Are nylons with a couple of runs sexy?

I wear pantyhose everyday and can get at least3-4 wears out of each pair. I usually go with a quality brand and make sure they are big enough

I tend to rotate between several pairs so they can last longer. I have several brands that I love that have been discontinued and I’m saving those for special occasions.

Anonymous

HI Kacie so if had 3 pairs of different color of nylons would they last you couple weeks. or be less or more.  Thank you for the reply

Donna

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Strangely  enough I get multiple wears out of stockings and no more than 3=4 out of panty hose.

I think its due to the following.

1/. With stockings its “one at a time” and only clipping that one to a garter belt. Gently does it every time

2/. With P/H there’s always lots of “twisting and turning” and tucking in. The potential for ladders goes sky high.

Thus despite me investing in 10 pairs of white cleaning gloves and have a pair in almost every “male pocket” I own, I still cant get more than 4 wears.

I had some expensive Levant ph, but have gone back to chain store brands Much cheaper and at $6.00  for a pack of 2, the ladders dont “hurt” as much.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I sometimes seem to be able to wear a pair of pantyhose for seemingly weeks. Other times they get a run or hole on the first wearing. I guess it all averages out over time.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Sometimes I can wear a pair of pantyhose for seemingly weeks. Then other times just one wearing before I notice an run or hole. Low denier of very sheer is more delicate and runs very easy. I usually like to wear more durable and visible pantyhose. 30-50 denier seems to offer nice visibility, good sheerness and decent durability.

Hi Donna.    I remember way way back seeing one or the other of my Three sisters (all older than me) sowing their stockings up with needle and very fine cotton. I was the only male in a house of four women and the youngest.  Me about 5  then next sister 9  next sister 14  next sister 18. I wos there baby brother. Thay would dress me up in there old clothes like a doll. Then after a year or two when the house was empty I would dress up my self  putting there stockings very carefully. Going up to date I still love Wearing them ( yes I can repair them) for one or two of my boyfriend’s are a bit rough trying to get my panties off ( if thay do ladder them I make them replace them but then I repair them) that’s how I’ve got A drawer full of stockings a lot still in there packs.  Clever A.
      Amanda C  💋

Anonymous

Clever girl.

What I reeeally hate is when I’m putting my fav nylons and they catch on a ragged edge of one of my nails and they run. ARGH! I now make sure my nail edges are nice and smooth by filing them while on CDH. giggles

Be safe. Love and Peace.

Amber

Anonymous

curious question on tights. are they more stronger and less tearing or running.

Donna

Sadly not very long. I have enough odd pairs of stockings that I could stuff a large pillow. It’s not even like I wear them every day, but it’s always very upsetting when I pull a pair out of my drawer and find a run in one. I always keep at least 5 new pair on hand.  One of these days I’m going to go through my huge pile of odd stockings and see how many pairs I can match up.

Anonymous

L.S.
        I hear you !!
        I do the same with the ” good ” stockings, putting them together, until I find a match that works. And I do, find matches!
        Also, it doesn’t Always have to be an EXACT MATCH. No one is studying your legs THAT closely! Also…if a ” run” is on the side or perhaps the back…I wear them Girls!!!
        No one has ever said anything, like “…oh dear, You have a run!”
        You all know….I LOVE MY NYLON STOCKINGS!
        Dr.T.J.

I wear crotchless pantyhose, with a garter belt, and can usually get 2-3 weeks out of a pair, wearing them 12 hours a day, every day.
      I found the stayups, dont, and true pantyhose are too much trouble at work.
      The crotchless are a little more money for good quality, but ohh so worth it
      Hugs, Regi👸💖

Anonymous

Seems like have same type of luck with those crotchless styles others seem to get runs or tears in them in few days..

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

I’m not a fan…

I like my skin bare and smooth for the world to see….

Fresh shave, light tan, and glow from good moisturizer… I’m a happy girl…

XOXO

Rayna

Thigh high stockings about 2 weeks,

Anonymous

anyone ever wore those PVC or latex hose or thigh highs.

Thigh high but you need a garter belt don’t stop up without.

XXOXXOX

Anonymous

Normally that what wear do love the garter belt attached to them and wear panties under the belt.

Donna

Would like to try but I feel like my legs are too short for them to look good.

Only have pantyhose now.    Last 2 to 3 weeks.  Wash them second or third wear.   I use to have a couple of pairs of crotchless pantyhose, but now find it hard to find them.     They went really well when underdressing.

Anonymous

do love those crotchless hose.

Amy Oxley
      Lady

When i was young i would often stay over at my Grans house. She would wear the type of really old fashion tights only Granny would wear. (Think Nora Batty). Of course i had to try them on. Felt like they were made of sandpaper.

I don’t think you could put a run in those things with a chainsaw.

Anonymous

remember those my grandma wore those. Yes when visiting with the grand parents would always stay behind most of times and try on grandma things like hose.

It varies. Could be a few minutes or a few days.

Anonymous

Well today was my first day back to work since having my facial fem surgery on light duty and boss is letting me dress totally fem being in the office for little. So the hosery wore today and black skirt and white blouse all survived with no rips or tears. Oh the heels wore made it too.

Donna

Anonymous

What the longest period for yourself before getting a tear or run. according to that one post I did about 9 days ago about 40 weeks of fem exorcises and assignments should 3 pairs of pantyhose and be able to wear them for 2 weeks min. without tears and runs.

Here the link

Your goal is to get to the end of your two weeks still having three pairs of pantyhose that are free of holes, tears or ladders

Step Seven: Learning How To Wear Pantyhose The Right Way | PinkFemme

Anonymous

Pretty much same way Don’t wear them either maybe once a month might have a pair on. or special events. Like you few days the most. Suppose by the link gave we doing it wrong. lol.

Donna

I absolutely hate it when I run my hosiery

Anonymous

Just curious how long can you use a 3 pack of hose in a 2 weeks period before getting a tear in them.

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?