- March 18, 2021 at 11:54 am #465629Clara CrossParticipantRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 260Has thanked: 739 timesBeen thanked: 1219 times
Spring is coming! So it’s a great time to celebrate this community and our friendship. As much as I would sincerely love to get together with each and everyone of you IRL, time and distance make that impossible.
Instead, Clara is hosting this virtual (and entirely imaginary) party that all can attend. So we can all share in the celebration, it’s going to be a potluck dinner.
Here’s the deal. If we could do this in person, what would you bring to share? It could be a dish to pass, beverages, dessert, decorations, entertainment, you name it. Knowing you ladies, I know you’ll want to tell us what you’ll be wearing to this wonderful soirée as well.
I’ll start. Rather than bring food and drink, I’ll supply floral centerpieces for the tables. All shades of pinks and whites. English country garden look. Peonies, floribunda roses, lily of the valley, off white asiatic lilies. Hope you like it.
Still haven’t decided what I’m wearing yet……hmmmm.
Total of 35 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- March 19, 2021 at 10:52 pm #466244Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
My wife has just had a a more than brilliant idea!
Why don’t we organise a Zoom type party? Everyone comes online at a given world time!
That way everyone, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, friends etc. can all see one another and participate in the food, clothes etc..
What say you and everyone else for that matter?
Pensive Polly xxx
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 19, 2021 at 2:31 pm #466128Kristine O’CleirighLadyRegistered On: July 8, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 37Has thanked: 75 timesBeen thanked: 199 times
Ohhhh, one of my best deserts I would think!
I would only bring something that has been raved about at least ten times.
That suits a couple of my cookie recipe’s, as well as one apple pie recipe.
I could do a cake or a cranberry loaf….
I also have a punch recipe that stops people in their tracks…
Don’t know why its such a simple thing.
My recipe box is full of tried and true meals.
Perhaps modified “duck l’orange” using chicken thighs and wings?
For vegans and vegetarians I have a host of thoughts too.
Too many choices, I’d have to think too long to answer this today.
But cookies or the cranberry loaf is perfect, maybe both.
The punch is perfect for a garden party or a spring evening so that’s a must, alcohol or no alcohol, the punch doesn’t care what you do.
One thing I would not have to think about too long is what to wear.
My favourite wrap skirt, its made of pieces of left over Indian saree cloth that has been sewn together so as to be a multi pattern wrap that ties around the waste. A gift from my wife.
A filmy white blouse with a camisole. Open toe sandals in choral with rhinestones on the straps and a rhinestone bow at the toes. A matching watch, necklace and earring set would go well, maybe substitute the earrings for my favourite spring time multi coloured bauble earrings.
Then light makeup and away we go! Slowly though, don’t want to spill the punch. 😉
- March 19, 2021 at 10:08 am #466041Izzy PhoenixLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 10Has thanked: 24 timesBeen thanked: 51 times
Oooh have I picked the right time to join CDH a party, so much food already on the way a little more wont hurt think we all will be busting those dresses by the end of the night! I would bring Gray Peas (pronounced Pays) and Bacon obviously served up with a large slice of the best crusty bread, proper Black Country food (Black Country an area in the Midlands of England) where many moons ago I originated from. Now this party having to be virtual I am off to the virtual shops, party has got to mean a new dress and shoes eh girls?
- March 19, 2021 at 8:27 am #466012Tara JeaneLadyRegistered On: December 12, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 184Has thanked: 1242 timesBeen thanked: 833 times
Thanks so much! I’d love to come! I’ll bring homemade pies for dessert that will bust every corset in the joint! LOL! 🙂 I mean, you other gals set up the corset busting with your lovely fare. I’m just providing that last little jolt 🙂
I’m going to wear my black with tiny white polka dots Grace Karin boatneck, sleeveless, vintage tea dress with a skinny belt and a black cropped bolero cardigan. Dark tights, my black 4″ pumps and pearl earrings and necklace. My hair will be in my favorite high ponytail with a pretty bow.
I can only assume, that this spring, outdoor event has a heated pool and giant hot tub, so I’ll bring my long sleeved tankini and swim shorts for the occasion. I’ll also have my sheer sarong wrap to wear out of the pool as we’re lounging 🙂
For spending the night, since someone already mentioned that, I’ll have my cream floral print slip dress with matching robe. Can we wear that downstairs for the aforementioned bloody marys in the morning? Ladies, this is SO much fun to think about!
*kisses* tara 🙂
- March 19, 2021 at 7:16 am #465984MartiBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 20Replies: 262Has thanked: 1005 timesBeen thanked: 1035 times
Ooh, yes please !
I’ve got a green crushed velvet dress to try out, with black tights or leggings and some flats that fit.
It looks like I’ll be the naughty one offerin to bring the smokes – there’s enough food and drink already to break a shop full of scales.
I can’t believe there wont be a cheese board, so I’ll find some nice port to bring along too.
And for those who like to line their stomachs the morning after, I volunteer to take over the cooker and provide dangerously calorific UK style fry ups – heck, I’d even cook you burgers if that’s your thing!
- March 19, 2021 at 6:24 am #465969Jennifer LynnLadyRegistered On: August 15, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 237Has thanked: 102 timesBeen thanked: 1270 times
I’ll bring an assortment of appetizers:
Jalapeno poppers, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, Lumpia (a filipino spring roll with a sweet chile dipping sauce) and smoked buffalo wings. Spicy things like me…lol.
I will be wearing a light blue sundress with pink floral print, just above the knee and spaghetti straps. White strappy sandals with a 3″ heel. My nails painted to match the floral print on my dress.
- March 19, 2021 at 12:04 am #465872Eshyl JanusChat HostessRegistered On: March 18, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 1Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 6 times
I am totally game for this idea. It would be lovely to actually see and talk to you lovely soul. I’ll dress up in traditional Indian attire and cook up something local and common for the season. 🙂
- March 18, 2021 at 10:46 pm #465864Paula FDuchessRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1075Has thanked: 14513 timesBeen thanked: 4264 times
This will be an awesome party by anyone’s standards. For 1 more meat choice I will supply some delicious Texas raised and grazed Buffalo steak (lower in fat and cholesterol than Black Angus even). For a side to match the uniqueness of the Buffalo, Sourdough rolls to soak up all the sauces and juices left on our plates and bowls of hand whipped natural honey butter.
My outfit for the day: a burgundy maxi skirt with silver buttons from waist to hem down the center front, light gray blouse with open lace across the shoulders, front and back, 3/4 flared sleeves and a high-low bottom hem. Double hoop earrings with silver chain tassels and matching necklace. Bracelets and watch and probably 2 or 3 rings on each hand. Light tan hi calf boots with low heels and side zips to finish it off.
Hope the wine holds out until we have gossiped, gabbed and danced till the sun comes up.
- This reply was modified 1 month ago by Paula F.
- March 18, 2021 at 9:10 pm #465844Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
RSVP in the mail!
Clara… what a wonderful idea! Spring has sprung in the benighted half of the world and ‘down under’ has rolled over into autumn. The weather is still warm and a barbecue sounds like fun!
My menu is as follows…
Chèvre Chaude… rounds of goat feta, coated in egg and breadcrumb and flashed fried until it jussssst…. starts to melt. Served on a lettuce leaf with pea shoots, pomegranate seeds and a vinaigrette.
For a main…
A base of thinly sliced new, baby potatoes lightly fried in olive oil (extra virgin of course), chopped spring onions, garlic sliced thinly but not crushed, slices of pancetta and a good sprinkling of red walnuts crushed.
A topping of caramelised red onion, sliced fresh apricot, heritage cherry tomatoes and more pomegranate all spiced with dill fronds, chopped mint, turmeric, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, salt and black pepper.
Home baked brioche buns, split open, filled with rich vanilla ice cream and topped with grilled pancetta, black pepper and homemade Rhubarb and berry jam!
For wine I would suggest a good NZ Sauvignon Blanc, crisp and cold and a Rosé… perhaps a Bandol or something similar from the home of gorgeous Rosés, France
For my outfit? Well… I’ll be cooking so a white chefs jacket! Otherwise… a little black dress, fully corseted , Dior stockings and say… 3” pumps!
Allez bonne fête 🥳 Polly
- March 19, 2021 at 6:28 am #465971
- March 18, 2021 at 9:09 pm #465843Diana MorganLadyRegistered On: February 22, 2021Topics: 8Replies: 647Has thanked: 4436 timesBeen thanked: 2055 times
So many girls in one (virtual) spot and no mention of wine! Leave that to me – NZ wine by the
gallonlitre, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc – we’ll get this party hopping! And I’ll be my inconspicuous best in red 5″ Heels, black PVC leggings & red satin cowl neck top. Oh and my flaming locks of auburn hair foating free as usual…..
- March 18, 2021 at 8:55 pm #465840ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 305Has thanked: 721 timesBeen thanked: 1272 times
Why thank you so much for the invitation!
Now with all that food and partying I dont doubt that the party will last far into the wee hours of the morning …which means none will be in any condition to make it home safely so we must have a sleepover.
Therefore I will happily supply all the liquid fixins’ for the morning to come which will include your choice of the following libations- Screwdrivers, Bloody Marys, Mimosas or Bellini.
- March 18, 2021 at 8:27 pm #465831Camryn OccasionnelDuchessRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 471Has thanked: 861 timesBeen thanked: 1209 times
Because this is a “virtual (and entirely imaginary) party”, I can commit to bringing local culinary delights that I love (but cannot really cook). I shall bring two of my local (Cajun) favorites: Duck and Andouille Gumbo, and Crawfish Etouffee.
As to what I’ll be wearing…. hmm. That’s a tough one. Most, if not all of the girls at CDH (all 30,000 of them) have impressive wardrobes that would put mine to shame. However, I do have (really) and will wear (virtually) my Party Swing Dress purchased last year from EnFemmeStyle; and black Mary Jane pumps that (really) torture my toes, but can be worn (virtually) all night long.
Okay, have we decided on a date and time yet? Just FYI, crawfish season ends in June, if you want ‘em fresh. And word of warning: the etouffee will be a tad on the spicy side.
- March 18, 2021 at 9:43 pm #465852Polly StewartLadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
- March 19, 2021 at 9:58 am #466039Camryn OccasionnelDuchessRegistered On: December 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 471Has thanked: 861 timesBeen thanked: 1209 times
Polly, there’s no tripe in andouille sausage! In fact, I never even heard of tripe in Cajun boudin sausage, which can have anything from alligator or nutria meat to chicken gizzards and livers.
When I was growing up in 1950s New Orleans, my Mom on occasion would cook tripe stew in a tomato sauce. Bit chewy, but good! I haven’t seen tripe in the local markets in many decades.
See you at the CDH (virtual) party!!
- March 19, 2021 at 11:04 pm #466245LadyRegistered On: January 2, 2021Topics: 12Replies: 933Has thanked: 1321 timesBeen thanked: 3172 times
Ahh… ok. In Switzerland, I had such a sausage and when I cut into it the whole thing exploded like a ‘jack in the box’! Lo, and behold… a single tripes… concertina tripes!
Oussshhhhh…. not my cup of tea!
1 user thanked author for this post.
- March 18, 2021 at 8:06 pm #465826Octavia LongDuchessRegistered On: January 31, 2021Topics: 38Replies: 111Has thanked: 684 timesBeen thanked: 780 times
Looks like food is covered and it will all be so good. I will bring finger sandwitches. Everyone likes to snack. As fo the dress it has to be the purple cocktail dress that got me started on this journey. I don’t have it yet and I won’t fit into it. I will some day. I am working on it. This is fun and we should really do this. I used to go to Sturgis. Little overwhelming when I had to walk the bike two miles into town. 500,000 bikes in a town of maybe four or five thousand people. We could pick a town and do our thing. Put them on the map.
I know that is just me dreaming.
- March 18, 2021 at 7:52 pm #465821Amy MyersBaronessRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 16Replies: 1322Has thanked: 3794 timesBeen thanked: 3689 times
Lovely idea! It is so difficult to decide what to wear, but perhaps my 50’s style dress and the bullet bra I just bought? Maybe I’ll change my mind the morning of.
To bring, how about a cheescake, raspberry with white chocolate topping, and some Scotch Shortbread for snacking on. Perhaps some shortbread made with maple sugar too.
- March 18, 2021 at 6:23 pm #465794Tabitha TeeLadyRegistered On: July 30, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 305Has thanked: 1445 timesBeen thanked: 1042 times
If this is formal, I’ll have to buy a new dress, something long, slit skirt, halter top, and that goes with my hot pink high heel ankle-strap shoes.
As for what to bring, I think my lobster, crab, bacon, asiago, and parmesan macaroni and cheese.
See you there!
- March 18, 2021 at 6:03 pm #465788Beth TLadyRegistered On: February 2, 2021Topics: 1Replies: 15Has thanked: 21 timesBeen thanked: 68 times
As a southerner, a tomboy, and a connoisseur of smoked meats, I will bring barbecued pork butt, marinated for three days in spiced coffee and slowly smoked (12-14 hours) over hickory chips.
- March 18, 2021 at 5:13 pm #465775Effie JayneDuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 682Has thanked: 1374 timesBeen thanked: 2344 times
Such a fun idea! I wouud have loved to bring the flowers 🌸 🌺💐, it’s seems like the food is taken care of, and all the fixings, and music, so I’ll bring the karaoke machine 😂, whose going to be the first to get up on stage, not me 😬…
ill wear my flare sleeve, cold shoulder black and red floral print dress 👗, with 3” red heels 👠, matching choker necklace and of course a big beautiful matching hair bow 🎀!
Thanks for the fun get together!! 🧚♀️🧚🏼❤️
- March 18, 2021 at 9:28 pm #465848Amelia LoveLadyRegistered On: March 4, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 59Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 227 times
- March 18, 2021 at 7:30 pm #465813Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 260Has thanked: 739 timesBeen thanked: 1219 times
- March 18, 2021 at 5:30 pm #465779Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1306Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 1504 times
I would go on stage and sing along with the song, most of the songs I know for i play a lot of county, and good rock and roll, Phil Collins i know all his songs. i will bring C.D.s to play also
- March 18, 2021 at 5:32 pm #465780Effie JayneDuchessRegistered On: February 7, 2021Topics: 27Replies: 682Has thanked: 1374 timesBeen thanked: 2344 times
- March 18, 2021 at 1:30 pm #465682Lucinda HawknsLadyRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1306Has thanked: 79 timesBeen thanked: 1504 times
wow with all the food and drinks I am not sure what I will bring, but I would gladly come and bring beer, salad, and all the trimmings, good old county music and some old rock and roll C.D’s to play music, more steak, or and good paper plates and silver wear, when done with it can throw it away so no dishes to clean. i would be wearing a nice dress, red or blue with nylons to match, heels to match, black or white is the only 2 heels I have to wear that fit. nice colorful eye shadow and red lip stick, brown and blond wig, dangle ear rings. and having a out of this world party all dressed up and feeling free and feminine. thanks for the invite.
- March 18, 2021 at 1:22 pm #465673Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 14Replies: 196Has thanked: 644 timesBeen thanked: 988 times
Oh, what a wonderful idea!
Since I am a semi-retired DJ (due to Covid) I have all the music covered. From 1930’s big band all the way up to the most recent mash-ups. A nice sound system and all the flashing lights and lasers to make a jumpin’ dance floor! We can dance the night away, and work off some of those calories!
The outfit? Something only a party DJ would wear! A tight white crop top t-shirt over a black shelf bra, black suspenders leading to a VERY short tight black skirt. In between a red lace garter belt with straps leading under the skirt to red nylons just over the knee. Under the skirt a red lace thong, it’s waist band comes up above the waist of the skirt. On the feet, 5″ silver and gold glitter strappy heals. A long rainbow wig. Lots of rings, necklaces, bracelets and anklets, mabe even a gold jeweled waist chain. Makeup, bright and glittery silver and blue, head turning dazzle!
- March 18, 2021 at 1:21 pm #465671Rachel MLadyRegistered On: September 3, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 40Has thanked: 266 timesBeen thanked: 168 times
For so long the pandemic got us all stuck at home, this is a great idea…even if it’s only virtual. I hope this is going to be hosted outdoors, I will need lots of space and will be over the top. I will be coming in a long frilly white, green, pink floral gown…think southern-belle. I will wear a fancy hat, wig and will definitely need a breast-form because it’s going to be off shoulders. I will bring champagne to celebrate Spring and the end of social distancing.
- March 18, 2021 at 1:16 pm #465670Sarah Du HessisseLadyRegistered On: September 16, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 497Has thanked: 3109 timesBeen thanked: 1846 times
Hello Clara thank you for the invite my acceptance is in the post, Sarah will be wearing a lovely floral dress red high heels & red lippy. Now she will be bringing a Buckinghamshire Clanger for you to enjoy, which is very large bacon & onion dumpling. Looking forward to few drinks and a girly chat.
See you there
- March 18, 2021 at 12:55 pm #465663KristaDuchessRegistered On: January 24, 2017Topics: 8Replies: 569Has thanked: 1509 timesBeen thanked: 2535 times
Hi Clara, Lovely invitation. Thank You!
I know you have an English country garden theme happening but as I am from Western Canada, I will have to bring some grass fed steak from Alberta. Especially when it is grilled to perfection.
Hmm, and what to wear? I know Grace would love for me to wear my cowgirl outfit but a fancy shindig like this calls for one of my cocktail dresses. The black lace? or better yet, my gold sequins dress, sleeveless and cut high enough above the knee to be a bit daring. Black thighs, black pumps, hmm or maybe my gold sandals? Of course all the accessories.
Can’t wait. Maybe we can get a charter flight. Thanks for the opportunity to daydream a bit.
All the Very Best, Hugs, Krista.
- March 18, 2021 at 12:40 pm #465655Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3645 timesBeen thanked: 5365 times
I would order masses of Bau Wau buns from my favourite Vegetarian restaurant.
And whatever it was I had for dessert last time I was there.
I was in such ecstasy eating it, I forgot what it was called.
You know that scene in the film Ratatuoille where the food critic goes off in a dream?
That was me – and I want my girls to feel that too 😘😘😘😘😘
Love, um, I forgot, just thinking about the dessert (And the Jack Daniels Honey).
- March 18, 2021 at 12:52 pm #465662Clara CrossLadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 260Has thanked: 739 timesBeen thanked: 1219 times
- March 18, 2021 at 1:29 pm #465681Laura LovettLadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3645 timesBeen thanked: 5365 times
Loads of different spellings and takes, but essentially Bao buns – obvs with no meat products.
The meals at my favourite restaurants are so good that you don’t even notice there’s no meat – or so I have been told.
I’ve never eaten it, so have no idea what I’m missing (and no inclination to find out!).
- March 18, 2021 at 12:39 pm #465653Rozalyne RichardsLadyRegistered On: March 10, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 572Has thanked: 1004 timesBeen thanked: 1933 times
I would wear a proper cocktail dress one of those with no sleeves in you know they go over your bust and under your arms, i seen one once it was all in black with diamante’s all over it it looks fabulous,
For the food i would bring the food of the gods Lancashire hotpot and Manchester tart!!!!! Only because I’m a Manchester tart myself born and bred in Manchester,
Hugs Rozalyne x
- March 18, 2021 at 12:15 pm #465640Grace ScarlettBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: February 16, 2021Topics: 65Replies: 1350Has thanked: 4823 timesBeen thanked: 7385 times
Thanks for the invite Clara.
Black A line 50’s dress, with white polka dots and red roses…..nude stockings and red stilettos. Hair tied in an updo, with ribbons matching the dress….large hoop earrings and matching ” G” necklace…red lippy and nails…..
Accompanied by a crate of Jack Daniels “Honey”, for the girls to try…and a big bouquet for Clara…for organising this…..thank you.
- March 18, 2021 at 12:36 pm #465652LadyRegistered On: March 26, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 1112Has thanked: 3645 timesBeen thanked: 5365 times
- March 18, 2021 at 12:21 pm #465643LadyRegistered On: December 7, 2020Topics: 10Replies: 260Has thanked: 739 timesBeen thanked: 1219 times
- March 18, 2021 at 12:12 pm #465639LadyRegistered On: March 4, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 59Has thanked: 184 timesBeen thanked: 227 times
Thank you so much for the invitation! I am so grateful for the opportunity. I would love to bring my favorite recipe to cook…. red wine-braised short ribs. Word of warning ⚠️ it is definitely not for you girls watching their figure (which means more for me to eat lol) as it would for sure be my cheat day 😁. Just a comfortable black dress for my attire unless I decide to purchase something more springy.
Hugs Amelia 🎀
- March 18, 2021 at 12:06 pm #465637Inga KrasivayaLadyRegistered On: January 18, 2021Topics: 17Replies: 408Has thanked: 469 timesBeen thanked: 1383 times
What a great idea! But surely, we can still have a party – just in 30,000 different locations… I’ll bring some food – borsch with soured cream, followed by “Sirenye pa shopski” (not going to do it in Cyrillic, but it’s basically poached cheese and tomatoes, along with a baked egg, black pepper and garlic.) Only problem with that lot is that very few of the rest of you will have ever tasted… well, definitely the latter, possibly the former. I’ll be wearing my beautiful blue-green sari: please set a date and time and I’ll certainly be there! Enthusiastic Inga.
- March 18, 2021 at 12:24 pm #465645
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.