Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Spring is coming! So it’s  a great time to celebrate this community and our friendship. As much as I would sincerely love to get together with each and everyone of you IRL, time and distance make that impossible.

Instead, Clara is hosting this virtual (and entirely imaginary) party that all can attend.  So we can all share in the celebration, it’s going to be a potluck dinner.

Here’s the deal.  If we could do this in person, what would you bring to share?  It could be a dish to pass, beverages, dessert, decorations, entertainment, you name it. Knowing you ladies, I know you’ll want to tell us what you’ll be wearing to this wonderful soirée as well.

I’ll start. Rather than bring food and drink, I’ll supply floral centerpieces for the tables.  All shades of pinks and whites. English country garden look.  Peonies, floribunda roses, lily of the valley, off white asiatic lilies. Hope you like it.

Still haven’t decided what I’m wearing yet……hmmmm.

RSVP

Clara

Anonymous

What a great idea!  But surely, we can still have a party – just in 30,000 different locations…  I’ll bring some food – borsch with soured cream, followed by “Sirenye pa shopski” (not going to do it in Cyrillic, but it’s basically poached cheese and tomatoes, along with a baked egg, black pepper and garlic.)  Only problem with that lot is that very few of the rest of you will have ever tasted… well, definitely the latter, possibly the former.  I’ll be wearing my beautiful blue-green sari:  please set a date and time and I’ll certainly be there!  Enthusiastic Inga.

Be sure to pass along the recipe. Sounds yummy!

Hi Clara

Thank you so much for the invitation! I am so grateful for the opportunity. I would love to bring my favorite recipe to cook…. red wine-braised short ribs. Word of warning ⚠️ it is definitely not for you girls watching their figure (which means more for me to eat lol) as it would for sure be my cheat day 😁. Just a comfortable black dress for my attire unless I decide to purchase something more springy.

Hugs Amelia 🎀

Anonymous

Thanks for the invite Clara.

Black A line 50’s dress, with white polka dots and red roses…..nude stockings and red stilettos. Hair tied in an updo, with ribbons matching the dress….large hoop earrings and matching ” G” necklace…red lippy and nails…..

Accompanied by a crate of Jack Daniels “Honey”, for the girls to try…and a big bouquet for Clara…for organising this…..thank you.

Grace xx

My dear, dear Grace,

Now I really do want to do this for real.  Someday….someday.

Clara

Jack Daniels Honey!!!

The best drink ever invented 😍😍😍😍😍

I Lovett!

Love. It.

Anonymous

I would wear a proper cocktail dress one of those with no sleeves in you know they go over your bust and under your arms, i seen one once it was all in black with diamante’s all over it it looks fabulous,

For the food i would bring the food of the gods Lancashire hotpot and Manchester tart!!!!! Only because I’m a Manchester tart myself born and bred in Manchester,

Hugs Rozalyne x

Rozalyne, I could see that Manchester Tart comment coming from a mile away.  You are a doll and I love the cocktail dress.

Clara

I would order masses of Bau Wau buns from my favourite Vegetarian restaurant.

And whatever it was I had for dessert last time I was there.

I was in such ecstasy eating it, I forgot what it was called.

You know that scene in the film Ratatuoille where the food critic goes off in a dream?

That was me – and I want my girls to feel that too 😘😘😘😘😘

Love, um, I forgot, just thinking about the dessert (And the Jack Daniels Honey).

I had not heard of it before so I had to look it up. I think I’d like those buns.

Clara, blushing

Loads of different spellings and takes, but essentially Bao buns – obvs with no meat products.

The meals at my favourite restaurants are so good that you don’t even notice there’s no meat – or so I have been told.

I’ve never eaten it, so have no idea what I’m missing (and no inclination to find out!).

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Clara, Lovely invitation.  Thank You!

I know you have an English country garden theme happening but as I am from Western Canada, I will have to bring some grass fed steak from Alberta.  Especially when it is grilled to perfection.

Hmm, and what to wear?  I know Grace would love for me to wear my cowgirl outfit but a fancy shindig like this calls for one of my cocktail dresses.  The black lace? or better yet, my gold sequins dress, sleeveless and cut high enough above the knee to be a bit daring.  Black thighs, black pumps, hmm or maybe my gold sandals?  Of course all the accessories.

Can’t wait. Maybe we can get a charter flight.  Thanks for the opportunity to daydream a bit.

All the Very Best, Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Hello Clara thank you for the invite my acceptance is in the post, Sarah will be wearing a lovely floral dress  red high heels & red lippy. Now she will be bringing a Buckinghamshire Clanger for you to enjoy, which is very large bacon & onion dumpling. Looking forward to few drinks and a girly chat.

See you there

Sarah xx

Rachel M
      Lady

For so long the pandemic got us all stuck at home, this is a great idea…even if it’s only virtual.  I hope this is going to be hosted outdoors, I will need lots of space and will be over the top.  I will be coming in a long frilly white, green, pink  floral gown…think southern-belle.  I will wear a fancy hat, wig  and will definitely need a breast-form because it’s going to be off shoulders.  I will bring champagne to celebrate Spring  and the end of social distancing.

Rachel M

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Rachel M.
      • This reply was modified 3 years ago by Rachel M.

Oh, what a wonderful idea!

Since I am a semi-retired DJ (due to Covid) I have all the music covered. From 1930’s big band all the way up to the most recent mash-ups. A nice sound system and all the flashing lights and lasers to make a jumpin’ dance floor! We can dance the night away, and work off some of those calories!

The outfit? Something only a party DJ would wear! A tight white crop top t-shirt over a black shelf bra, black suspenders leading to a VERY short tight black skirt. In between a red lace garter belt with straps leading under the skirt to red nylons just over the knee. Under the skirt a red lace thong, it’s waist band comes up above the waist of the skirt. On the feet, 5″ silver and gold glitter strappy heals. A long rainbow wig. Lots of rings, necklaces, bracelets and anklets, mabe even a gold jeweled waist chain. Makeup, bright and glittery silver and blue, head turning dazzle!

Let’s Party!!!!

😎😲👿💖👡👠👢👙💄💥💋👅

Beth

wow with all the food and drinks I am not sure what I will bring, but I would gladly come and bring beer, salad, and all the trimmings, good old county music and some old rock and roll C.D’s to play  music, more steak, or and good paper plates and silver wear, when done with it can throw it away so no dishes to clean.  i would be wearing a nice dress, red or blue with nylons to match, heels to match, black or white is the only 2 heels I have to wear that fit. nice colorful eye shadow and red lip stick, brown and blond wig, dangle ear rings.      and having a out of this world party all dressed up and feeling free and feminine.   thanks for the invite.

Anonymous

Such a fun idea! I wouud have loved to bring the flowers 🌸 🌺💐, it’s seems like the food is taken care of, and all the fixings, and music, so I’ll bring the karaoke machine 😂, whose going to be the first to get up on stage, not me 😬…

ill wear my flare sleeve, cold shoulder black and red floral print dress 👗, with 3” red heels 👠, matching choker necklace and of course a big beautiful matching hair bow 🎀!

Thanks for the fun get together!! 🧚‍♀️🧚🏼❤️

I would go on stage and sing along with the song, most of the songs I know for i play a lot of county, and good rock and roll, Phil Collins i know all his songs. i will bring C.D.s to play also

Anonymous

I know you will be great up on stage Lucinda!

🧚🏼🌸🧚‍♀️🌺

thank you and I know I would look good up stage for I was on stage years ago to sing tiny bubbles when they did not have the words to sing along with i knew the song by heart

Effie, please help with the flowers.  With all this food, we’ll need a big, beautiful display for the buffet. Can you womp something up for us?  What flowers will you use?

Florally yours,

Clara

Anonymous

Oh thank you Clara! 🎀 How about a big beautiful arrangement of lush roses 🌹🥀 of various colors of red, light pink and white, accented with pretty little delicate spray Roses and hypericum berries !! 💐🌱🍃

😀🎀🧚‍♀️🧚🏼

That would be a fabulous contribution Effie. I might need a couple glasses of wine (or whatever combination of fine spirits) but I would definitely hit the stage.

Hugs Amelia 🎀

Beth T
      Lady

As a southerner, a tomboy, and a connoisseur of smoked meats, I will bring barbecued pork butt, marinated for three days in spiced coffee and slowly smoked (12-14 hours) over hickory chips.

If this is formal, I’ll have to buy a new dress, something long, slit skirt, halter top, and that goes with my hot pink high heel ankle-strap shoes.

As for what to bring, I think my lobster, crab, bacon, asiago, and parmesan macaroni and cheese.

See you there!

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Lovely idea! It is so difficult to decide what to wear, but perhaps my 50’s style dress and the bullet bra I just bought? Maybe I’ll change my mind the morning of.

To bring, how about a cheescake, raspberry with white chocolate topping, and some Scotch Shortbread for snacking on. Perhaps some shortbread made with maple sugar too.

Amy

Looks like food is covered and it will all be so good. I will bring finger sandwitches. Everyone likes to snack.  As fo the dress it has to be the purple cocktail dress that got me started on this journey. I don’t have it yet and I won’t fit into it. I will some day. I am working on it. This is fun and we should really do this. I used to go to Sturgis. Little overwhelming when I had to walk the bike two miles into town. 500,000 bikes in a town of maybe four or five thousand people. We could pick a town and do our thing. Put them on the map.
      I know that is just me dreaming.

❤️
      Octavia

Because this is a “virtual (and entirely imaginary) party”, I can commit to bringing local culinary delights that I love (but cannot really cook). I shall bring two of my local (Cajun) favorites: Duck and Andouille Gumbo, and Crawfish Etouffee.

As to what I’ll be wearing…. hmm. That’s a tough one. Most, if not all of the girls at CDH (all 30,000 of them) have impressive wardrobes that would put mine to shame. However, I do have (really) and will wear (virtually) my Party Swing Dress purchased last year from EnFemmeStyle; and black Mary Jane pumps that (really) torture my toes, but can be worn (virtually) all night long.

Okay, have we decided on a date and time yet? Just FYI, crawfish season ends in June, if you want ‘em fresh. And word of warning: the etouffee will be a tad on the spicy side.

Andouille Gumbo? Andouille sausages I know… tripe sausages! Is his tripes gumbo?

Love you style! Yum!

Polly 👩🏼‍🍳🦪🥂

Polly, there’s no tripe in andouille sausage! In fact, I never even heard of tripe in Cajun boudin sausage, which can have anything from alligator or nutria meat to chicken gizzards and livers.

When I was growing up in 1950s New Orleans, my Mom on occasion would cook tripe stew in a tomato sauce. Bit chewy, but good! I haven’t seen tripe in the local markets in many decades.

See you at the CDH (virtual) party!!

— Camryn

Ahh… ok. In Switzerland, I had such a sausage and when I cut into it the whole thing exploded like a ‘jack in the box’! Lo, and behold… a single tripes… concertina tripes!

Oussshhhhh…. not my cup of tea!

ChloeC
      Duchess

Why thank you so much for the invitation!

Now with all that food and partying  I dont doubt that the party will last far into the wee hours of the morning …which means none will be in any condition to make it home safely so we must have a sleepover.

Therefore I will happily supply all the liquid fixins’ for the morning to come which will include your choice of the following libations- Screwdrivers, Bloody Marys, Mimosas or Bellini.

Party on!!!

Anonymous

So many girls in one (virtual) spot and no mention of wine! Leave that to me – NZ wine by the gallon litre, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris, Sauvignon Blanc – we’ll get this party hopping! And I’ll be my inconspicuous best in red 5″ Heels, black PVC leggings & red satin cowl neck top. Oh and my flaming locks of auburn hair foating free as usual…..

Diana 🍾🍷🥂🍾

RSVP in the mail!

Clara… what a wonderful idea! Spring has sprung in the benighted half of the world and ‘down under’ has rolled over into autumn. The weather is still warm and a barbecue sounds like fun!

My menu is as follows…

Chèvre Chaude… rounds of goat feta, coated in egg and breadcrumb and flashed fried until it jussssst…. starts to melt. Served on a lettuce leaf with pea shoots, pomegranate seeds and a vinaigrette.

For a main…

A base of thinly sliced new, baby potatoes lightly fried in olive oil (extra virgin of course), chopped spring onions, garlic sliced thinly but not crushed, slices of pancetta and a good sprinkling of red walnuts crushed.
      A topping of caramelised red onion, sliced fresh apricot, heritage cherry tomatoes and more pomegranate all spiced with dill fronds, chopped mint, turmeric, cinnamon, coriander, cumin, salt and black pepper.

For dessert…

Home baked brioche buns, split open, filled with rich vanilla ice cream and topped with grilled pancetta, black pepper and homemade Rhubarb and berry jam!

For wine I would suggest a good NZ Sauvignon Blanc, crisp and cold and a Rosé… perhaps a Bandol or something similar from the home of gorgeous Rosés, France

For my outfit? Well… I’ll be cooking so a white chefs jacket! Otherwise… a little black dress, fully corseted , Dior stockings and say… 3” pumps!

Allez bonne fête 🥳 Polly

Polly, that’s not just food, that’s poetry!  Food for the soul.

Clara

This will be an awesome party by anyone’s standards.  For 1 more meat choice I will supply some delicious Texas raised and grazed Buffalo steak (lower in fat and cholesterol than Black Angus even).  For a side to match the uniqueness of the Buffalo, Sourdough rolls to soak up all the sauces and juices left on our plates and bowls of hand whipped natural honey butter.

My outfit for the day:  a burgundy maxi skirt with silver buttons from waist to hem down the center front, light gray blouse with open lace across the shoulders, front and back, 3/4 flared sleeves and a high-low bottom hem.  Double hoop earrings with silver chain tassels and matching necklace.  Bracelets and watch and probably 2 or 3 rings on each hand.  Light tan hi calf boots with low heels and side zips to finish it off.

Hope the wine holds out until we have gossiped, gabbed and danced till the sun comes up.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.
      Anonymous

I am totally game for this idea. It would be lovely to actually see and talk to you lovely soul. I’ll dress up in traditional Indian attire and cook up something local and common for the season. 🙂

I’ll bring an assortment of appetizers:

Jalapeno poppers, bacon wrapped water chestnuts, Lumpia (a filipino spring roll with a sweet chile dipping sauce) and smoked buffalo wings. Spicy things like me…lol.

I will be wearing a light blue sundress with pink floral print, just above the knee and spaghetti straps. White strappy sandals with a 3″ heel. My nails painted to match the floral print on my dress.

Anonymous

Ooh, yes please !

I’ve got a green crushed velvet dress to try out, with black tights or leggings and some flats that fit.

It looks like I’ll be the naughty one offerin to bring the smokes – there’s enough food and drink already to break a shop full of scales.

I can’t believe there wont be a cheese board, so I’ll find some nice port to bring along too.

And for those who like to line their stomachs the morning after, I volunteer to take over the cooker and provide dangerously calorific UK style fry ups – heck, I’d even cook you burgers if that’s your thing!

Marti xxx

Anonymous
      Lady

Thanks so much!  I’d love to come!  I’ll bring homemade pies for dessert that will bust every corset in the joint!  LOL!  🙂  I mean, you other gals set up the corset busting with your lovely fare.  I’m just providing that last little jolt  🙂

I’m going to wear my black with tiny white polka dots Grace Karin boatneck, sleeveless, vintage tea dress with a skinny belt and a black cropped bolero cardigan. Dark tights, my black 4″ pumps and pearl earrings and necklace.  My hair will be in my favorite high ponytail with a pretty bow.

I can only assume, that this spring, outdoor event has a heated pool and giant hot tub, so I’ll bring my long sleeved tankini and swim shorts for the occasion.  I’ll also have my sheer sarong wrap to wear out of the pool as we’re lounging  🙂

For spending the night, since someone already mentioned that, I’ll have my cream floral print slip dress with matching robe.  Can we wear that downstairs for the aforementioned bloody marys in the morning?  Ladies, this is SO much fun to think about!

*kisses* tara 🙂

Oooh have I picked the right time to join CDH a party, so much food already on the way a little more wont hurt think we all will be busting those dresses by the end of the night! I would bring Gray Peas (pronounced Pays) and Bacon obviously served up with a large slice of the best crusty bread, proper Black Country food (Black Country an area in the Midlands of England) where many moons ago I originated from. Now this party having to be virtual I am off to the virtual shops, party has got to mean a new dress and shoes eh girls?

Izzy

Ohhhh, one of my best deserts I would think!
      I would only bring something that has been raved about at least ten times.
      That suits a couple of my cookie recipe’s, as well as one apple pie recipe.
      I could do a cake or a cranberry loaf….
      I also have a punch recipe that stops people in their tracks…
      Don’t know why its such a simple thing.

My recipe box is full of tried and true meals.
      Perhaps modified “duck l’orange” using chicken thighs and wings?
      For vegans and vegetarians I have a host of thoughts too.
      Too many choices, I’d have to think too long to answer this today.
      But cookies or the cranberry loaf is perfect, maybe both.
      The punch is perfect for a garden party or a spring evening so that’s a must, alcohol or no alcohol, the punch doesn’t care what you do.

One thing I would not have to think about too long is what to wear.
      My favourite wrap skirt, its made of pieces of left over Indian saree cloth that has been sewn together so as to be a multi pattern wrap that ties around the waste. A gift from my wife.
      A filmy white blouse with a camisole. Open toe sandals in choral with rhinestones on the straps and a rhinestone bow at the toes. A matching watch, necklace and earring set would go well, maybe substitute the earrings for my favourite spring time multi coloured bauble earrings.
      Then light makeup and away we go! Slowly though, don’t want to spill the punch. 😉

Clara…

My wife has just had a a more than brilliant idea!

Why don’t we organise a Zoom type party? Everyone comes online at a given world time!
      That way everyone, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, friends etc. can all see one another and participate in the food, clothes etc..

What say you and everyone else for that matter?

Pensive Polly xxx

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?