- dress as your partner32.38%34 votes
- any other ideas26.67%28 votes
- Ru Pauls17.14%18 votes
- rocky horror12.38%13 votes
- priscilla Queen of the desert11.43%12 votes
Tagged: Party theme
- December 4, 2019 at 4:32 pm #255693Paula1ParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 7Replies: 449Has thanked: 425 timesBeen thanked: 843 times
Hi ladies, next year i have to start planing my 50th, I’m looking for a theme so i thought it could be a bit of fun if I put up a poll with all the themes I can think of, I am not out but want to dress for my 50th
- This topic was modified 8 months ago by Paula1.
- December 12, 2019 at 6:38 pm #257975Kathryn Lynn PetersParticipantRegistered On: October 10, 2016Topics: 5Replies: 64Has thanked: 309 timesBeen thanked: 208 times
- December 12, 2019 at 8:52 am #257827Anne PreussParticipantRegistered On: December 13, 2018Topics: 2Replies: 460Has thanked: 702 timesBeen thanked: 880 times
I’m not into the drag thing so the Ru Paul or Rocky Horror don’t appeal to me. I wouldn’t pick dress as my partner as I almost consider my wife as a female drab…I can do makeup better than her and feel like I have better sensibilities to style of dressing.
So I would make it a dress as a marvel comic or Disney character theme. Oh my, lots of choices for that.
- December 12, 2019 at 1:11 am #257759Kim MicheleParticipantRegistered On: April 22, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 22Has thanked: 18 timesBeen thanked: 88 times
- December 12, 2019 at 2:13 pm #257898
- December 11, 2019 at 8:38 pm #257712
- December 9, 2019 at 3:15 pm #257100Stephanie AstonParticipantRegistered On: May 31, 2018Topics: 1Replies: 17Has thanked: 36 timesBeen thanked: 71 times
- December 9, 2019 at 7:27 am #256914KimmieParticipantRegistered On: September 27, 2016Topics: 3Replies: 150Has thanked: 81 timesBeen thanked: 496 times
- December 8, 2019 at 9:58 am #256683Anne-MarieParticipantRegistered On: August 26, 2018Topics: 4Replies: 370Has thanked: 314 timesBeen thanked: 888 times
<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’m 6 years past my 50th (just over a week ago) so this isn’t really relevant now but if I was to go back in time to 50 again it would have to be a sophisticated long fitted dress which flowed down to the floor with a small train effect at the back and a long split up one side for the full length of my leg which would show a bit of leg and be super sexy. I also like dresses with one open shoulder and the other one being a full shoulder which I also find to be a bit sexy.</p>
If I had a partner, it would be great to see her in a dress like this. Her heels defining her calfs and buttocks and the sexy single shoulder and long slit adding to the sophistication of the little number.
Take care girls.
- December 7, 2019 at 5:35 am #256331AnonymousInactiveRegistered On:Topics: 4Replies: 82Has thanked: 80 timesBeen thanked: 231 times
I can think of soooo many party ideas that I would utilize but since I like to be ultra feminine (frills and lace) I would love a tea party (afternoon tea) where all the ladies are dressed to the nines.
Another would be on the day of a horse race like the Kentucky Derby, to have a party before the race. I can see myself in the brown dress with white polka dots like Julia Roberts wore in pretty woman 👩🏼
- December 6, 2019 at 5:48 am #256065Sally DrinkwaterParticipantRegistered On: July 15, 2019Topics: 13Replies: 204Has thanked: 37 timesBeen thanked: 590 times
How about celebrating your true birthday Paula? The 70s were a great disco era with great music to dance to, great clothes with a mix of the late 60s mixed in.
Minis, midis and hot pants, platform shoes & boots with flouncy tops & see through body stockings and Pixy cut hair and giant earings that slapped your face when you danced for the laydees. Massive flairs, giant medalions, mullets and a touch of eyeliner for the boys.
I got married in 1973 and boy……….what a party!
- December 5, 2019 at 6:16 pm #255977T.J. ByronParticipantRegistered On: October 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 172Has thanked: 698 timesBeen thanked: 528 times
Sorry lady….now, I am 73….still going out 3-4x per month with girls in the area of the Puget Sound.
At my 50th celebrations at the Hotel Laguna,on Laguna Beach, 75 folks for dinner.My band( The DR ROCK BAND) played a mini concert,and I was taken away and dressed up like Vegas Elvis, I am the drummer.
Great time was had by All.
- December 5, 2019 at 3:57 pm #255940Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 444Has thanked: 745 timesBeen thanked: 1461 times
What about a “Come as YOU are.” Have friends and family dress as they truly feel about themselves, not how they think the world sees them or how they present for others to see them. This could bring out the closet Mountain Men, Big Game Hunters, King’s and Queen’s, etc. It might even help some people understand other’s better.
PS. Maybe we should start a sub-group for just Paula’s, we ARE unique after all, giggles.
- December 5, 2019 at 7:29 am #255808Heather JamesonParticipantRegistered On: April 1, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 302Has thanked: 459 timesBeen thanked: 938 times
- December 5, 2019 at 7:05 am #255793helenmarieParticipantRegistered On: August 1, 2018Topics: 8Replies: 115Has thanked: 5 timesBeen thanked: 273 times
Hello Paula, Happy birthday for next year. Seeing it is your 50th birthday, what about a 50,s style theme to a party, remember the tv show “Happy Days”. You can dress in swing/rock & roll dresses, all sorts of pretty clothes from that era to chose from. That would be my choise, but then I am biased for that period. love, Helenmarie
- December 5, 2019 at 6:39 am #255787Lucinda HawknsParticipantRegistered On: September 1, 2015Topics: 6Replies: 1135Has thanked: 73 timesBeen thanked: 1002 times
well my 50th b day went by already i am 56. but i would dress up very pretty and passable and go out shopping for more dresses, skirts, make up, perfume, ear rings and even stop for a bit to eat, go to a mall and just walk around, i have no special person to dress up to be. but maybe the lady on C.S.I or criminal minds, Abby,
- December 5, 2019 at 2:30 am #255756Stephanie KennedyParticipantRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 525Has thanked: 2777 timesBeen thanked: 1740 times
Hi Paula I love that idea. In my past i went to a party at the crossdressers club i once belong to. It was so nice. The theme was “fantasy girl”. It was so much fun.The wives loved it. They got to express themselves as did the members. It was amazing how much we have in common with the woman in our lives
- December 4, 2019 at 4:57 pm #255703Paula1ParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2015Topics: 7Replies: 449Has thanked: 425 timesBeen thanked: 843 times
- December 4, 2019 at 4:49 pm #255700Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 12Replies: 1192Has thanked: 1711 timesBeen thanked: 3185 times
- December 4, 2019 at 9:16 pm #255726
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.