Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Ladies,

Aside from wanting to pass when in public, I’d like to be better at passing when typing messages. There’s been discussion about how men and women communicate differently. Any enlightenment on the way women phrase their thoughts as opposed to men? From what I’ve read, it’s less aggressive, less self-centered. For example, a man might say “give me…”, whereas a woman might say, “I would like.,.” or “please give me…” This is likely a matter of social conditioning, but I’d like to come across online as feminine, too.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Oh, so true, Samantha! Forgive me if I wander down memory lane, before the internet, or even before then. Back in the days of my youth, when TV shows were in black and white, girls practiced writing in flowing cursive, while boys struggled with block lettering.

Women were the ones who generally wrote letters to keep families up to date. I’m not sure if a certain style of writing is genetic, or passed on by a previous generation. Women are more emotional and are at ease in expressing themselves as so. Men tend to be more guarded of their emotions. As you say, more aggressive.

Often in this area are questions of ‘how to act, or think, like a woman. There are no simple answers.

Women often can get their point across without being aggressive. Any married man that has done chores he really doesn’t want to do, but does because the wife ‘suggested’ it, knows what I mean.

In writing, let your emotions guide your thoughts. If someone peed you off, no rules apply.

Hugs, Eileen

Thanks, Eileen!

I think I have a leg up because I enjoy expressing myself in writing already. It’s a good point about husbands knowing how a woman can get them to do chores 😊

Anonymous

The old saying, ‘Happy wife, happy life’, is quite true.

Terms like ‘dear’, ‘sweetie’, ‘hon’, are common in the South. Women in general tend to use likewise words of endearment even with strangers.

On a professional level, different styles of writing between men women are hard to discern. The personal exchanges on social media separates the men from the girls. There are several examples from this forum to cite, but I won’t. Some posts seem feminine in nature, others are just dudes that like to dress up.

Another trait women tend to have is reading meaning into the written words. The subtle nuances of words chosen. Offering criticism should seem more like gentile advice than just being a bi***h. Men can get away with a stronger attitude because it’s expected of them.

Writing as a woman, you shouldn’t come off as an emotional ditz. More convincing would be losing the short, terse, sentences most men use.

Eileen

Anonymous
        Lady

I don’t know if I express myself as feminine but I’ve been told my openness and need to share with my girlfriends is a female trait. Being from the south I do use the terms “dear” and “sweetie” probably too much. To some, those terms are irritating but I don’t mean it that way but only as a term of endearment.

Eileen,Growing up in the 60s and 70s I would watch my Dad do things for Mom that he didn t want to do and I asked him why he did them and his answer was “If your Mother isnt happy,nobody is happy”.He would later tell me “Son,if it makes your Mothers day easier for her,Do it”.Great advice.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Let us remember that this is for the GG’s ( ONLY ) among us answer, sisters.

Stevie

Hi Samantha!   In your post you stated that you would like to get better at “passing” in the written form.  Yes, it’s so true that females are more “wordy” and are more descriptive in general when corresponding either verbally or when writing.  In order to get a feel for this I would suggest reading (in other words studying – for grammar and vocabulary more than for content), blogs, articles, books etc … written by cis females.  We have the advantage of our female brains being conditioned to think in this style all our lives, ever since we first began learning to speak as babies.  You ladies on the other hand… will have to re-train your brain to hear those feminine voices and consciously “think female” until it becomes a new style of thinking for you while in female form.   (If that’s your goal, of course).  Good luck with everything.  Thank you for an interesting question and post.  😊

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Dear Genetic Girls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?