• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

There is a scent of antiseptic in the air as I sit in the silence. It is not total silence however for I can hear the soft, irregular breathing of the lady in the bed before me.

A long life, lived in the service of others, as a wife, as a mother and a grandmother yet it all comes to this. The eyes no longer behold the faces around her. The mind no longer recognises those who sit and watch, and wait.

The heart still beats strongly as all else fails until it too gives in to fate. Silence.
      Broken now by sobbing that takes on strength. The waiting is over.

Life can be varied. It can be dull, exciting, well-lived or wasted but the end is the same. Why then live in fear? Why hide one’s self from the world that has seen much worse and survived? Let that last breath be a sigh of pleasure “I set myself free”.

Let that sigh pass between lips that are smiling. The sobbing will still come, eased though, by the smile. “She was happy”.

Mind Blown.  Dark imagery.  Crossdresser staring at his dying wife and can only smile as her final breath signifies complete freedom. Hat is off and I tip it to your wordsmithery. I really hope it was just fictional prose.

Very well put, but for some life is not just about satisfying our own desires it is about making others happy too and that may involved sacrificing some of our own freedom.

Anonymous

Carmen, thank you for your reply. I agree that life should include making others happy, though I don’t see it as much sacrificing our freedoms as achieving compromise. I’ve written elsewhere on the site about compromise and the fact that life isn’t all about us as individuals.

That said, sometimes the greatest restrictions are those we place on ourselves, often out of fear.

Anonymous

Terissa, this was written about my mother-in-law, who died earlier this year from Parkinson’s Disease. She was a wonderful woman but those of us who watched her in her final months realised how fragile life can be and how important it is that we make the most of what we have.

I’m so sorry to hear that I feel so bad. I didn’t mean to offend. 🙁  Sorry

Anonymous

Terrisa, absolutely no need to apologise. You caused no offence. I wish it had only been a fictional article but real life can be cruel.

My mother-in-law was a beautiful lady and he daughter is very much the same. After seeing how her Mum ended her days, my wife told me that she is glad that I came out to her and that I have chosen to live my life embracing who I am. We are a partnership so it’s not all about Jane, but some of it certainly is. 😉

Anonymous

JaneS, My heart aches for you, your wife and for another dear soul passing over. 😐

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?