Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Yesterday  I heard on CNN that Payless Shoes was gearing up to come back and are planning on opening up at least 300 to 500 stores in the US the next 5 years. Here is a link to the story. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/payless-is-back-and-opening-its-first-us-store-in-november/ar-BB184GTb?li=BBnbcA0

Kathleen

That would be nice, they have some of the nicer shoes and the best self service.

Yay! When they closed down out here I wasn’t able to capitalize on any large pumps. I do need some!

I saw that article and look forward to being able to shop there once again. Their web site is back to being operational, but their larger sizes did not have a great selection as of yet. They also sell their shoes on Amazon where larger sizes are available. As they were going out of business, I was able to buy several nice pairs of shoes.

Thanks Kathleen for sharing.  Before going out of business our local store carried up to 13 in wide widths.

Alice

That is good news, thanks for sharing it. Now we just need them to carry sizes for those of us with big feet – like women’s 14, 15, 16, etc and in truly wide widths.

And great staff who in my experience did not bat an eyelid when in drab I tried on ladies shoes. They had the 11 and 12s I need.

Anonymous

The Payless by me closed 2 years ago. Its still empty..

Patty Phose
      Duchess

My first shoes I bought for myself was 6 pairs of platform wedges from Payless. Since then, I purchased hundreds of pairs of shoes from them. I was definitely sad when I learned of their closing. Looking forward to them coming back.

[postquote quote=376517]

That was my experience in Payless as well. The staff took it in stride.

Lea
      Lady

I miss Payless, the staff, the shoes, a safe place to try on shoes, the styles, the sizes,and the prices. I stocked up all I could find when they were closing. Looking at my collection the other day, it hit me that I may never find shoes like those again.

Great news and thanks. It was always my favorite shoe store to go to and yes the staff was wonderful

Hopefully they will re-open at least one store near me.

That would be great, they had at least some sizes above a 10 and good prices. I’ll have to wait and see if maybe they’ll re-enter the Canadian market after a while too, eh.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

That would be great, I hope that a return to the Canadian market will be part of their plan. I bought many pairs over the years, men’s, not just women’s.

Amy

I read that hearting news online last week, but I didn’t mention it to other’s as I considered it MAY have been typical internet misinformation.  But, I am glad they will be coming back, just hope they reopen in Amarillo.

PaulaF

I miss Payless too as they were one of the few physical retailers with 13W. I recently hit the mother lode at my most recent visit to Savers as they had on their shoe rack several pumps from Payless in 13W so of course I had to get them, and in 4 different colors no less.

Christine

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?