- August 21, 2020 at 11:03 am #376356Kathleen 60454ParticipantRegistered On: January 8, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 191Has thanked: 1301 timesBeen thanked: 561 times
Yesterday I heard on CNN that Payless Shoes was gearing up to come back and are planning on opening up at least 300 to 500 stores in the US the next 5 years. Here is a link to the story. https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/payless-is-back-and-opening-its-first-us-store-in-november/ar-BB184GTb?li=BBnbcA0
Total of 22 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- August 25, 2020 at 8:40 am #377545Christine RelleumParticipantRegistered On: March 1, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 32Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 100 times
I miss Payless too as they were one of the few physical retailers with 13W. I recently hit the mother lode at my most recent visit to Savers as they had on their shoe rack several pumps from Payless in 13W so of course I had to get them, and in 4 different colors no less.
- August 24, 2020 at 11:47 pm #377410Paula FParticipantRegistered On: August 7, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 518Has thanked: 882 timesBeen thanked: 1751 times
- August 24, 2020 at 7:59 pm #377383Amy MyersParticipantRegistered On: February 11, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 996Has thanked: 2438 timesBeen thanked: 2242 times
- August 24, 2020 at 6:45 pm #377370Olivia LivinParticipantRegistered On: October 22, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 1419Has thanked: 5869 timesBeen thanked: 3163 times
- August 24, 2020 at 8:07 am #377238
- August 24, 2020 at 7:46 am #377233Deborah SullivanParticipantRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 249Has thanked: 1029 timesBeen thanked: 832 times
- August 24, 2020 at 7:15 am #377224LeaParticipantRegistered On: March 23, 2016Topics: 57Replies: 196Has thanked: 172 timesBeen thanked: 653 times
I miss Payless, the staff, the shoes, a safe place to try on shoes, the styles, the sizes,and the prices. I stocked up all I could find when they were closing. Looking at my collection the other day, it hit me that I may never find shoes like those again.
- August 24, 2020 at 5:44 am #377190Heather HarrisonParticipantRegistered On: August 3, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 69Has thanked: 414 timesBeen thanked: 277 times
And great staff who in my experience did not bat an eyelid when in drab I tried on ladies shoes. They had the 11 and 12s I need.
That was my experience in Payless as well. The staff took it in stride.
- August 24, 2020 at 3:20 am #377168Patty PhoseParticipantRegistered On: May 7, 2016Topics: 0Replies: 1260Has thanked: 856 timesBeen thanked: 2792 times
My first shoes I bought for myself was 6 pairs of platform wedges from Payless. Since then, I purchased hundreds of pairs of shoes from them. I was definitely sad when I learned of their closing. Looking forward to them coming back.
- August 23, 2020 at 10:52 pm #377106
- August 21, 2020 at 4:14 pm #376517Marlene RobertsParticipantRegistered On: December 9, 2019Topics: 0Replies: 76Has thanked: 982 timesBeen thanked: 155 times
- August 21, 2020 at 2:26 pm #376480Millicent TeasedaleParticipantRegistered On: August 24, 2015Topics: 10Replies: 168Has thanked: 25 timesBeen thanked: 294 times
- August 21, 2020 at 1:45 pm #376451Alice UnderwireParticipantRegistered On: September 16, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1728Has thanked: 482 timesBeen thanked: 3004 times
- August 21, 2020 at 12:15 pm #376390Janice DoeParticipantRegistered On: August 17, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 9Has thanked: 25 timesBeen thanked: 67 times
I saw that article and look forward to being able to shop there once again. Their web site is back to being operational, but their larger sizes did not have a great selection as of yet. They also sell their shoes on Amazon where larger sizes are available. As they were going out of business, I was able to buy several nice pairs of shoes.
- August 21, 2020 at 11:38 am #376374Tabitha TeeParticipantRegistered On: July 30, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 194Has thanked: 744 timesBeen thanked: 637 times
- August 21, 2020 at 11:32 am #376368Gloria ReneeParticipantRegistered On: July 7, 2020Topics: 7Replies: 136Has thanked: 1977 timesBeen thanked: 636 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.