Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

My wife gave me a gift certificate for a pedicure as an anniversary gift last month. We occasionally go out to a salon together for some pampering. But, I’m limited to just nail work and the foot and leg massages.

She had been at the hospital for several days, staying with her mom (long story that I won’t go into), so I decided to redeem my present and had decided to go all the way and have my nails painted at the end of the treatment. 😃

Near the end, though, I checked my text messages and she said that she would be home in an hour. Her aunt was coming in town to sit at the hospital and give her a break.

Oh well, no paint. 😢

I did, however, go to the salon in a pair of black, cropped leggings, underdressed in panties, a waist cincher, and camisole, giving the pedicurists something to chat about with each other. In Korean, of course. 🤣

Love the idea of giving them something to talk about, but you know they have had their share of cross dressers over the years. Wonder if they have a rating scale?
      But let me say just how nice it was for your wife to give that to you. I gave my wife and daughter a gift of a pedi/mani the other day. Even told them how bad my nails were too. My hopes for an invite, FAILED! But last night she past me an nail file! Double Fail…. LoL

Hi ladies,

Wife and I go together and yes I get mine painted.

Been going shopping with open toe sandals.

No one has said anything about them.

Bobbie,

No one will say anything about them either because it is none of their business. It’s just like if you are wearing a tattoo, earrings, or body piercings and adornments. On the other hand, you will get compliments from women. I get compliments from women when standing in checkout lines, at the hair salon, or at my female doctor. Painted toenails are so liberating and really keep you in touch with your feminine side. All you have to do is look down and your red toenails will remind you that you are really a girl!

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Hi Raquel,

Surprised you have Korean nail techs in your area.  In my travels and here in the Atlanta area, the nail salons are all operated by Vietnamese owners.

We literally have a nail salon in every strip mall and almost on every corner.  However, I tend to go to the same one where they know me.  Normally, an American-born Vietnamese nail tech does my nails.  Since there is no language issue, I have learned much from her about the nail salon business, while she does my nails.  She told me I am one of several CDs and trans girls that patronize their salon.

Peggy Sue

Anonymous

I’m probably wrong on the ethnicity/nationality. And yes, she spoke English, but all chatter amongst employees was primarily in what I suppose is their native tongue.

Hi Raquel what a wonderful wife you have to give you such a girly present and i take it that daughter dosent know about Raquel and wife dosent want her to know … So sorry for you in that part as same here wife supports Stephanie but no one else to know about her .. I want so badly to get the mani pedi  done but just not in the books for around where i live wife helps with doing toes quite often as i do my fingers my self most of the time .. It sure helps the heart and sole feel more girly as now sitting with nails done looking pretty red and full makeup dressed to the nines for a wonderful stormy day cant go out anyhow so be pretty he he .. congrats to you girlfriend ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

Stephanie,

She (the wife) doesn’t know about Raquel, just considers pedicures a luxury, not necessarily girly.

She surely wouldn’t want anyone else to know, if she did.

I do love to paint my toenails, though, when I have a day or two when my wife won’t be around

Much love,

Raquel

Anonymous
      Lady

Raquel, sorry you couldn’t get colored nails this time.

I’ve never gotten a professional mani/pedi before but its on my to do list. Would love some long beautiful nails.

I’ve made progress with the wife though. My wife is not a fancy person and hasn’t polished her nails in years. She also has worn a pair of worn out sandals like forever so I told her I was going to buy her a new and better pair. I ordered her a pair of lavender Clarks Cloud steppers which she loves. She was so happy with them I told her I would polish her toes if she wanted and she said ok. She said she wanted a rose color so I picked up an L A color called Hibiscus which is a medium red. I may look for something more pale… idk.

Last night we were checking it out and I polished my thumbs to see how it looked. To my surprise and delight she said she liked it and I should do the rest of my fingernails so I did. I love my red nails and still have them and can’t stop looking at them. Red does something and they make me feel like a waitress… lol. Its a thrill every time I see them.

We also talked about having matching toes…. progress! So this week I’ll polish her toes and mine… woo hoo! I can keep the polished toes but will have to remove the color from my fingernails before I can go out in public. The wife even suggested keeping them and wearing gloves but its summer in the south so no way.

Anonymous

Michelle,

I love the little steps you’re making.

Much love,

Raquel

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Raquel.

Looks like its one step forward and two steps backward. Yesterday I polished my toes and I love them! I showed them to the wife and told her I would do hers last night. She saw my red toes and talked about how good they looked. When I asked when was a good time to do hers, she began backtracking saying she may not want hers done at all. I’m afraid I should have done hers first because I think she feels she doesn’t want to compete with me. I didn’t see it that way but a way for us to share something… idk. Now I feel like I need to cover mine around her or remove the polish all together.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi everyone, I just want to relate how I got my nails done almost a year ago now. Having a lot of fear about going by myself to a salon I asked my niece to take me in the town were she lives. I had a mani/pedi and she got a mani herself which I was happy to pay for. I had my toes done in a nice pink color and my finger nails in my collage colors. I was so proud of them and hoped that would catch on in town. If you look at my profile you can see what
      my nails looked like. Any more I have my nails done most of the time, it is the way I sometimes come out to more people.

. Cassie

Not Vietnamese?

Anonymous

Probably so.  My mistake.

What a wonderful gift, the show of support for this part of you just as important as the gift itself. Shame you couldn’t get them painted.

I’ve  got my first professional manicure this coming Saturday, soo excited, and planning to get them painted for a night out. And of course got my outfit picked already🤣

B x

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Good luck Bianca. The first time can be scary. BUT it can be so much fun too. ENJOY

. Cassie

Here is how I managed to get my toes painted and been allowed to continue doing so without too much fuss (keep in mind I’m totally in the closet).

When the next major holiday comes around go get a pedicure and use a color(s) that correspond to that holiday. Use the being festive excuse. For me I used Halloween and went with orange. The lady doing my pedicure had so much fun that she painted jack-o’-lanterns on my big toes. My daughters loved it and I have used it as an excuse ever since. Once normalized with friends and family you can pretty much do any color in between holidays too. Only once or twice has my chosen color raised an eyebrow with my wife for being a little too feminine.

Enjoy!

Getting your nails done and wearing polish openly especially on your toes is not a big deal. Google “men wearing nail polish” and you will find recent articles in men’s magazines like GQ and Esquire that promote men wearing colored nail polish. It is not a big deal because people don’t really care. When you are googling you will also find other articles about athletes, movie people, musicians, and others that wear painted nails. I have been wearing bright red or bright pink toenails for the past 10 years and get a lot of compliments from women. The fear is 99 percent in our own minds. We create our own demons.

Anonymous

Well, my wife doesn’t subscribe to those magazines.  😁

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?