Tagged: 

• This topic has 37 replies, 22 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 23 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

The fog is thick with this one.  But it seems like it’s beginning to lift a bit.  I would love to hear all your thoughts on the ebb and flow of the need to dress.  This question comes to me  on the heels of the forum post, “How often do you fully dress?” The answers on that topic were all over the map: daily, weekly, not often enough, whenever I can.  This kind of builds on that topic.

I know I am incredibly fortunate to be able to dress as I please, whenever I please. (See Clara profile entry: Supportive SO within their limits). But with all that freedom and after an extended initial binge of clothes shopping an unexpected thing occurred. That rush is not as intense now.  The fog is not as thick.

So, the question is not, how often do you dress, but rather, does the pink fog   occasionally clear? And how does it return? Are there patterns to your experience? I’m not referring to purges and influences outside yourself but to the peaks and valleys of your cross dressing experience driven by your own internal needs.

Discuss, ladies.

Introspective Clara.

Anonymous

I am on a roller coaster of acceptance & non-acceptance with my girlfriend. I have thought about not dressing for a short while and see if things settle down. My long term goal is transition, but for now a break may be fine with me, especially if it helps matters. Knowing who I am inside and a vision of the future keeps me going. My usual routine is dressing 2 times a week and wearing my wig with my pj’s in the evenings before bed.

Anonymous

Hello Clara, hope you are well.

The fog never lifts for grace, some days its just thicker than other days.

I cannot remember the last time that i didn’t want to put on a bra and panties….i just get up and dress, like any other girl….. time seems to turn shall i?, shan’t i?…..into what outfit will i wear today…..????

Living my dream, grace xx

Thanks Gracie.  No worries. I am well. Not going anywhere and not changing anything. Well, maybe changing into something, ummmm, more comfortable later.

Clara

Anonymous

Grace Scarlett wrote:  I just get up and dress, like any other girl.   That’s exactly how I feel, Grace.  Thank you for verbalizing it for me.

Hugs,

Bettylou

You are very wise Eva.  Keep your eyes on the prize and enjoy the journey.

Best,

Clara

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Clara, interesting premise.  For me at this moment in time, the “fog” is ever present.  As Grace says, I get up in the morning and dress like any other girl.   First into my exercise wear, and then into my going for a walk wear.  Zoom has enabled me to meet with others while wearing a bra. My SO knows but is not supportive but heck she sleeps in every day and I usually don’t see  her until about 3:00 pm and then for only a very short time.  I see her again at supper for maybe an hour then we are off to our separate parts of the house for the rest of the evening.  Right now the “pink fog” hasn’t been lifting and  I don’t see that changing.  But who knows?  Never say never, right?  Being retired I’m pretty much free to do whatever, whenever (except glam up in front of my SO).  Stay safe, stay healthy, All the Best, Hugs, Krista.

Sounds like you are in a very good place Krista. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Clara

Hi Clara

The Pink fog is thin at the moment. Not much chance to dress and the desire is not as strong as a few months ago. I don’t know why the desire comes and goes, but I do have the CDH forums and pictures to inspire me.

Jen

Yes Jennifer. Thank goodness for CDH.  It’s the lighthouse in the fog.

Clara

Sometimes it feels like the Sirens calling from the rocks,  but what a happy way to go.  😀

When I was younger the fog would sometimes clear and I could go years (up to 3 I think) without more than a passing thought of dressing.

In the last 6 years or so I don’t really get the fog at all, I seemed to have just settled into a mindset where I would always want to dress given that I had the time for it.

Cynthia

Settling in sounds like a very comfortable goal.  Thanks Cynthia

Anonymous

🌸 Hi Clara, for me, being unable to dress everyday, the desire to do so stays strong. I have always wondered if I was able to dress everyday, would my desire lessen and become more monotonous.
      🧚‍♀️🌺

Thanks kind of what I was wondering Effie.  But I sincerely hope you get to test that theory for yourself very soon. ; )

Clara

I’m pretty new to actually having my own clothes, under things and breast forms, so the fog rolled in thick for me.  But it is thinning out as the weather is getting nicer.  I am fortunate that I can dress pretty much daily, but I’m thinking this may be a seasonal hobby to get through the dreary wet winter months here in the west side of Oregon.  Do any other girls experience a shift with the seasons?

It feels that way here in the upper Midwest too Darlene. It’s an interesting thought. Most of my wardrobe is best for warmer weather, so I think maybe the fog is going to roll in a little more heavily.

Clara

Anonymous

For me the desire to dress ebbs and flows regardless of seasonal variations, at the moment it’s quite thick but I daresay when I get back to work next week it will ebb a bit, not go away but be a little less urgent. Being confined to the house for the last 6 weeks has enabled me to try getting up and dressing like any other girl for an extended period and I have enjoyed that experience. For the moment I am enjoying swimming in a pink tinged mist.

Diana

Anonymous

Hi Clara,

The fog never lifts for me, and in fact, seems to be getting thicker. I spent all day today fully Dressed, and as I made a run to the hardware store this afternoon, I was thinking about how good it felt, and how nice it would be if I never had to change back.

Hi Clara! I was heavy in the fog a couple of months ago, when I was able to dress once a week. That opportunity dissappeared however. Ironically, the irresistible NEED to dress has abated somewhat since joining CDH. Thankfully, being Jamie on this site (and in my mindset) has allowed me to indulge my femme self without having to dress up. I still want to, but as others have said, it is more a mist than a fog.

Bridgette has only been around since last July, and didn’t get to start really getting into things until the fall. First real night out was really great. But has seldom been repeated. The desire is strong, the opportunities scarce.

Today I had to go out and take care of some errands, but didn’t really have the chance to do makeup or anything, so went out in leggings and a heavy shirt untucked, no makeup, no wig, no forms. Basically as Wil, but in partially femme clothes. I did have nice earrings. Went to a couple of shops and one of my doctors. Nobody seemed to notice anything. It helped my fog addiction some, and felt good just being out wearing leggings. I underdress most but not all days, and that helps the fog. But if Bridgette didn’t get to come out and at least dress at home, Wil starts to get cranky.

So I’d say that my fog is usually there, and only gets worse if it’s stifled. If I dress fully for a could of days (rare), it clears a bit and I’m fine for a while.

Bridgette

Anonymous

It’s been my experience that the pink fog comes and goes.  Sometimes the urge to dress is strong.  Other times it is weak.  Generally, the longer it has been since I last dressed up, the stronger the urge gets.  I’ve never been able to dress whenever I’ve wanted, for as long as I’ve wanted, so I don’t know if maybe I could ever get bored with being a crossdresser.

I have not noticed the pink fog coming and going at regular intervals.  Rather, it seems that the fog is triggered by outside stimuli.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

It does for me as well. Of course if it’s been a while since I’ll dressed I start to get very antsy to dress again, but otherwise I have no idea as to the pattern. At this very moment the fog though still there it is light, but I suspect if I had some time alone the first thing I’d do would be to tear off my guy clothes to put some women’s on. I do wonder if this could be some kind of defense reaction, that I’m trying to limit myself without realizing it? Maybe that’s too deep. Wish I knew!

I’ve mentioned this here before, if I was able to dress every day without restriction I’m sure I would, but then for how long? After a few weeks would I get a bit tired of it and then just dress in male clothes, or would I be somewhere in between. Like wearing women’s jeans and tops, but not a wig and make up, etc., to be fully femme.

All I can say is it would be interesting to find out.

Amy

Like Grace, my fog is permanent. I never leave home without it. I try to set out the next days outfit before bedtime but come morning I often change my mind. Hey, I’m a woman, I have a license to change my mind!

No, not that dress, maybe the cute leggings.  No, the sexy mini skirt and cute top. But which bra? And should my thong match or stand out? Which color thigh highs? Black, white or nude? Oh, make up your mind Beth!

“The fog is strong with this one.”

😂

Beth

ChloeC
      Duchess

It is getting more difficult to remember into the deep past but what I do remember and think about now is that the ‘pink fog’ back then didnt come as often but when it CAME I had to satisfy it pretty quickly.

Now the feelings don’t come on nearly as strong but they are almost constantly with me and I think about dressing a lot .

A very, VERY long time ago, I had the ability to go several days without dressing due to my mom and older sisters schedules.  I was always patient though, knowing that I could always slip into a pair of panties under my jeans or shorts to relieve a little of the pressure to let ‘me’  out, even if just for an afternoon.

The days when things just worked out and no one else would be home for hours, I would almost be in an absolute panic to get changed totally, and would become calm almost as soon as I saw that girl in the mirror again…..the world would be right for a while then.  I never knew what that flood of emotion was called back then, but it became stronger with time.  Of course it was that awesomely wonderful pink fog.

From my mid teens to my late 20’s, the fog would come and go with only a day or two passing before I would hear myself being called and know that the fog was coming, and I  welcomed it.

At some point when is 28 or so, I took stock of my life.  My first counselor had me keep a journal for my feelings and thoughts, but more importantly what I  was doing at the time.  One day she had looked through it and then asked me if I realized that I had not missed one day that month being dressed and that the panic I sometimes felt was not there any longer.

My private fog bank has been with me since then.  I cannot remember a day endrabb without at least my undies on underneath, and staying drab for much longer than my shift at work.  Days off, drab ‘ist vorboten’.  Even most of my yard work is done in Lady Wranglers jeans and a rock band fitted tee.

The fog is our friend, and I feel that it is best to let it happen.   As Jean Luc/Locutis would say “Resistance is futile!”

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.

Thank you all for your responses to this post. It is incredible the thoughts and insights every one of you provide every day. Your kindness, your personal stories, the humor, the good advice, the loving support…..unbelievable. I would not ever have believed there was an online community that could feel so genuine. Not only is the fog thick, it is so warm and reassuring when shared with you all.

All good things to you,
      Clara…in the pink.

I love underdressing just about any time I can do so, I treat it as my secret scandal!
      Personally the fog comes really hard after situations of high male tempo. What I mean by that is, if I have a week, month, or even a year of high stressable responsibility for on site projects or situations where I’m in charge ALL THE TIME, I experience the urge more intensely when that period is over.

I love living in the mist and often the fog. I am dressing alot these days and normalization is setting in at times that I am not even aware of it. It is strongest if I am dressing for a date or going out with friends.

Cosy Clara…

I’ve been thinking on just this topic over this last week. I have been struck with a particularly strong case of depression and have hardly been able to pull myself together to do much at all. There was no fog, pink or otherwise to entice me further than the deck in the sun to contemplate my navel.
      When I woke this morning I just got dressed as normal… a tube skirt, T-shirt, hair piece, earrings and went for a coffee. No fog just normal life. My wife said that she missed Polly awfully and was happy to see her emerging from her troubles.
      We had a dinner date with friends this evening and met up with two other women who were keen to meet Polly. This meant dressing which has been a real pleasure in the past (fog) but was almost a chore as I wasn’t happy with my wardrobe at all! Buggeration!
      The makeup was good… I even remembered to apply lightener under my eyes before foundation! Yay! Yes… very pleased with the face… but the choice of dress… grrrrrrr
      So, the evening was fab and I enjoyed the company but no pink fog. Normalisation setting in. Hmmmm… I have made a choice and while there are times when I feel super feminine (pink fog?) I still am a woman for all intents and purposes.
      Ms Plumb certainly has the right of it for those who have chosen another path or those who have the leisure to dress full time as it were. No wild swings around in the fog

Pink Polly ponders 🥰💄👄💅🏼👛👙🦩🌸🌷👩🏼‍🎤

I think you’ve got something there, Sweet Polly.  Our overall states of mind, i.e. depression, satisfaction, stress, achievement, etc has much to do with our outlook regarding  the fog.

Best,

Clara

rhonda
      Lady

I’m on the roller coaster Pink Fog program , here today gone tomorrow , seems like each time it comes back it feels really great . Someday hope to get off the RC program and be able to submit to the Pink Fog or maybe not

Anonymous

At the moment Clara my fog is that thick you could cut it with a knife, with this lock down Rozalyne has been in the closet for awhile and she’s knocking on the door shouting open up i want to be let out,

I’m hoping my wife will be able to go back to her art class soon so i can have a couple of hours a week to ease the pink fog,

If i can get to be Rozalyne for a couple of hours i know my stress levels will go down and i won’t be so snappy about everything x

Hugs Rozalyne x

Careful with that knife Laura!

Swing a knife around in a thick fog, you never know what it might cut!

Bridgette

“Gender event”.  That is such a useful concept to keep in mind.  Never thought of it that way. As always Stephanie, I am grateful for your insight and willingness to share. Someone actually lost in a literal fog needs touchstones to find their way.  That is you my dear.

Yours,

Clara

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?