Viewing 41 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hey Girls

I’m looking to get some input for some decent perfume.  For the most part I go out in the evening, so I’m looking for a night time, date night scent.  You can certainly suggest others if you wish.

I do pretty good with men’s cologne but I don’t know diddly with women’s scents…at least not yet.

So here’s some basic requirements – being I’ll probably go out Friday and Saturday Night

Scent – I’m thinking something a bit dark and alluring – for evening wear

It has to be accessible – Walgreen, CVS, Kohls, – like I can go run at lunch and find it.

And of course reasonably priced!

Lets see what you got

Robyn 💃🌹💋

Anonymous

Hi Robyn…how are you????

For me there has only been one really..Poison by Dior…so heady and sexy…..it really is heaven scent!!

(although there are a few types, just the original in the green box is the best by far)…..

if I HAD to choose another…. Obsession by Calvin Klein…another heady choice….

price wise, I think you get what you pay for…the scent of cheaper perfumes never seems to last as long.

Grace ❤️

Grace

Im doing great Grace!! How are you?

I’ve been busy with meeting women lately, hence I haven’t been on CDH much lately.

Robyn 🤗❤️

Anonymous

Hi Robyn,

I have worn Gloria Vanderbilt for years and I simply love it. IMHO it is very alluring and sexy.

Kathleen

I have worn Gloria Vanderbilt for years too. I also love White Shoulders and of course #5. My newest favorite is Woman by Ralph Lauren. Another scent I enjoy for casual use is Japanese Cherry Blossom, it’s just a fun body spray when wearing jeans and a top,

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Lancome Tresor has been a favorite for a long time. However they have a new one called  “La Vie Est Belle” that i just fell in love with.

I was going to start a topic about perfumes, but you beat me to it 🙂

I just recently started exploring perfumes, figuring if I am going to dress and look like a girl I may as well start smelling like one.  My first one I bought was Pure Instinct pheromone, I really like the scent of this one as it is soft, sweet, subtle and not overpowering.  I bought another one from Amazon, Sexy Life Pheromone.  Skeptical about this one as the box is in russian, but it has a more stronger scent, and a little bit goes a long way as it can be overpowering.

I have Taylor Swift Incredible Things For Woman on the way, UPS says it should be here Tuesday.  I can’t wait to try this one.

Anonymous

Lancome Idole is floral.

Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium.

They are a little pricey but worth it.

Jessica

Chanel all the way, Robyn!

Warning… test before you buy! Nothing worse than buying something and just smelling like chemical warfare. One’s perfume must match one’s skin.
      I’m so fortunate that Chanel matches my skin perfectly. Either the classic #5 or one I’ve also used as a day perfume for years, Égoïste.
      The other two I’ve used but less frequently are Rive Gauche by YSL and Gem by Van Cleef and Arpels.
      Back of the knees and wrists only… let the perfume waft upwards for that subtle hit.

xxx Polly

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Alfred Sung perfume!!! Utterly intoxicating for me, I lose all willpower and self control.  A little dab and I’m in heaven.  That and Calvin Kleins’ Escape works for me too!

Stevie

Anonymous

I only ever wear Mugler Alien.

For me it’s such a sexy feminine scent. Smells like pure confidence.

Great topic!! I love perfume. Nothing better to add to being Femme !

My latest favs:
      1. Juicy Courture – Viva la juicy
      2. Katy Perry Indi ( awesome scent!!!!)

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Denise.
      Anonymous

Chanel. No 5 please.

And Thank You ladies for the list of ones to try.

For me it’s White Diamonds by Liz Taylor.  Soooo Fem!!!!

White Diamonds for me also. It lasts so long and gives me warm huggy feelings when I put it on.

Love,

Tommie

Tommy Girl.  I think it goes back to when I was in high school, all the girls wore it, so I instinctively associate that scent with young and sexy.

Anonymous

Cheap scent will smell ….cheap. I love wearing Givnecey. MIne comes as a slightly shimmery body lotion. Every stylist and MUA has asked what smells so wonderful. And unlike others I never go nose blind to Givencey…it’s always there to remind me what side of the street I’m dressed for.

My wife gave me a bottle of Miracle and it’s been my go to lately!
      Ashley

I love Light Blue.  I should probably buy another bottle for my wife, seeing as how I steal a spritz from it every time and again!

I’m also fond of Issey Mikaye.

Anonymous

By nature we are very visceral creatures, so the most important thing for me is the emotion the scent evokes and how it makes me feel. As Stephanie said, Tommy makes her feel young and sexy as it’s what she associates with the girls at school. It’s a very personal thing.

But here’s th rub, the same perfume will smell different on the tester card and different again depending on who’s wearing it. The card is ‘clean’ so you get a pure whiff of the scent doused in the alcohol propellant, whereas when on the body it’s tainted by you own oils, creams, fabric conditioner you was your cloths in etc. It’s why you can ask someone what their gorgeous perfume is, go out and buy a bottle and think to yourself ‘this isn’t what she smelled like’. (£80 down the drain gutted… not that I’m bitter at all). Always try the tester on your wrist, wander around for a bit and let it breath (alcohol evaporate) before deciding if it’s for you.

Go out and try a whole bunch, they’ll be one or two that just stand out for you and will be signature Robyn.

Didi. 💋

Hey Girls!

!!UPDATE!!

Thank you Girls always for the wonderful suggestions and advice.

Didi Phox nailed it.  Fragrance will work differently for everyone.  Like she pointed out, it has to be something speaks to you.  When the immediate reaction is “OMG! This is me!!” your all set.

I finally found mine – Its Opium by Yves Saint Laurent

Not the Black Opium…just Opium.  It is spicy, sexy and a bit mysterious!  My Signature!!

Thank you Girls for all your help!! 💃💋❤️

Robyn,

Thanks for the update! Perfume is such a personal statement! And you picked a good one, I love the scent!

Denise

Oh I Love Opium perfume !!

Anonymous

Hi Robyn,
      I’ve been obsessed with Flower Bomb by Viktor and Rolf for a while. It’s a little pricy to buy but I love it. I can’t describe the smell. It just screams woman to me. I love when I touch my face or hair and catch the scent from my wrist. Intoxicating. JK Rowling thrashes Flower Bomb in the latest “Cormoran Strike” novel after she had demeaned crossdressers earlier in the book. Makes me want to wear more.
      XX
      Kim.

Anonymous

16 minutes after posting about Flower Bomb I’m getting ads for Viktor and Rolf Bonbon.
      D**m internet.”pure and absolute pursuit of pleasure…”. I love things that give me pleasure. Of course I’ve bookmarked the page.

White Shoulders by Evyan

Anonymous

Givency….body lotion. Tres femme and it lasts. Oozes out when you are more active.
      My stylist Christine noticed it and said I smelt wonderful enough to eat… I said sure, sure…
      She said no, really, really!

Anonymous

Call me old-fashioned but I  can’t go past Chanel #5 – just divine, but I may have to branch out given some of the enthusiastic reviews here!

Diana

Anonymous

Yves Saint Laurent Eau De Parfum Spray for Women, Black Opium

A friend of mine let me try this but no way could afford it all the time beautiful scent

Parfums de Marly Delina, 2.5 Fl Oz

My favorite for date night or just going out is White Shoulders.  Not to heavy and lingers when you walk away.

PaulaF

Anonymous
      Lady

I have two that I just love! One is Shalimar by Guerlain, love the extract and the other is by Dolce & Gabbana called The One. I dated a girl in college that used Shalimar and it was just intoxicating.

Sandy

Anonymous

I love Passion Perfume,I think it has a great fragrance for day or night💋

Hey Girls!

!!Another update!!

First off, thank you all for posting and offering up your favorites!

As Spring time is almost officially here, I already have a Spring/Summer perfume picked out!

Its Chanel Chance Eau De Fraiche!

I was given a free sample back when I first went to ULTA for makeup.  Loved it from the first spritz!

Fresh, light, classy and sexy!

Please feel free to share your springtime favorites!

XO Robyn 🤗❤️

I love #5, White Shoulders and Gloria Vanderbilt. But my new number one is Woman by Ralph Lauren. It is light and very feminine. My wife loves it too and borrows a spritz now and then. I have also received many compliments from sales people when I’m shopping. And I have been told by men how pretty I smell. After all perfumes are meant to be an attractant as are pheromones.

I actually like several, so it’s hard to pick.

Prada Candy, Marc Jacobs Daisy, Carolina Herrera Good Girl are a few. But my favorite is Gucci Guilty. If you want to try different scents without spending to much, buy some of the sampler boxes. You can try several to see what you like. Sephora usually has a couple different sampler kits, and they are available all over the internet through places like Amazon,ebay,Macy’s, Kohl’s, etc. You can often get 4-6 small testers for around $20-$25. Just a suggestion.

Lisa

Lisa

How is the Good Girl?  I’ve seen it and read reviews.

Just for the name and packaging alone its almost worth it!

xo Robyn ❤️💃

I really like it, but as others have said perfume can be a really personal choice.

I have pretty many perfumes in my collection with absolutely different notes. All scents are divided into seasons. I don’t use the same fragrance all year round. I also have some costly perfumes in my collection, which I rarely use. Of all the smells, I can highlight Kilian Love Don’t Be Shy Eau de Parfum for Women. It’s my favorite scent, regardless of the time of year or other circumstances. I think this is the fifth time I’ve bought this perfume. I’m looking for a new, unusual fragrance I like just as much as the Kilian perfume. I order samples from https://www.decantx.com to feel how the different scents unfold on my body. Hopefully, I will decide on my choice soon.

Dear Robyn

My favourite of all time is Chanel No 5. But this is too expensive to wear all the time, so my go to day time perfume is Charlie. this is almost the other extreme in the cost line, but the smell just suits me so well.

Maya Sol
      Lady

Smell is a personal preference. Whatever works for you. Whatever make your brain to fly with sweet thoughts and happiness. Smell is a long journey to try a lot of mixes of smells to find the one that make your mind to explode in happiness.

Leah
      Baroness

Hani Mori

J’Adore makes a really nice scent I. A white bottle.    Soft floral really light.  Very feminine.

Hugzz Ginger.

A peace of advice for all of the ladies. A perfume should blend well with your body chemistry. Some perfume smells great at first but after a little while it may not smell as nice. I have tried several and some were not very compatible with my chemistry. I found a perfume called “delicious feelings”by five star fragrance that works quite nice. Good luck on finding a scent for you. Hugs, Allysa

My favorite, like my mother’s, Windsong.

[postquote quote=444066]
      Oh I completely agree about Flowerbomb. I love it! You’re right, it has such a pretty and girly scent. Lovely.

My other favourite is Angel by Thierry Mugler. My partner has always used that and I have always loved it! Now I can wear it for myself, although she occasionally ribs me about ‘stealing her style’ 🤣

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

“Beautiful” by Estee Lauder, both in perfume and dusting powder.

When I go away for my charity volunteer overnight trips, once out of the shower, I attach my forms then stand back in the shower recess and dust myself all over my bod! Very femme to have the powder on “my breasts”…The perfume goes on once I’m fully dressed and made up.

caty.

Right now I’m loving Viva la Juicy by Juicy Couture. Someone mentioned it, I got a sample from MicroPerfumes and bought a bottle after trying it.

Anonymous

Gen honey , you stuck with it…. wonderful.

and you have hit it on the head….because after a couple of days, cheap rubbish has long gone…. ❤️❤️

Anonymous
      Lady

The Shalimar was first introduced in 1921 so that scent has survived the test of time. It proves how wonderful it is and successful in a world of come and go perfume. I believe it is worth every penny of it’s cost.

Sandy

Gen

I’m familiar with the Poison line.  One that I was debating.  Always good choice!

Robyn ❤️

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?