Viewing 29 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies,

I just want to inform everyone that I will need to take some time away from my computer and will not be visiting the site for awhile. On 11/21/19, I am going into the hospital for open heart surgery and will be unable to visit for a bit but will be back on-line as soon as possible. Believe me when I say, I am not looking forward to this but it’s something I must do. I have two lower valves in need of replacement and they will be installing new “pig” valves, so if I return from surgery snorting, maybe rooting in the mud, or I dislike eating bacon, you’ll understand why!! LoL But seriously, they will keep me knocked out after surgery on a breathing machine for at least another full day or until my body functions on it’s own, when they will wake me up. I will stay in the hospital for about 5 more days before coming home to recover. They told me it takes about a month for the heart to heal but it takes a couple months for the ribs and sternum to heal as they break you breast bonds to access the heart. Sounds very painful and my doctor told me because of the nature of my work, I will be off work for about 3 months. As much as I hate to go thru this, I am very sad about the fact that I will now have a large scar running vertically between my breadts. I already have a 3 1/2″ horizontal scar over my right breast from a stab sound I got years ago. This is also setting my transition surgery back at least another year as I won’t have the planned funds to pay for SRS. The whole thing has me very sad right now but I must face and overcome this challenge so I can go on living life as I’m only 5 8 y/o. So, please, I would appreciate anyone’s and everyone’s prayers for a speedy and painless recovery and thanks to all.

Hugs, Breanna

Thoughts and best wishes to you Bren, we’ll be looking forward to your return.

Hugs

Olivia

Hope everything goes well and you have a great recovery. You’ll be in my thoughts.
      Hugs, Ruby

I hope it all goes well for you in hospital. 🙂

Roxy

Anonymous

Hi, Bren,

I had a quad bypass back in 2012. Your activity will be quite limited for a short time, but recovery is good. I found the limits on raising my arms and the weight limits (5 lb) most annoying. My scar is just a thin white line, now..no big deal. Be prepared to take it easy for the next few months, and you will be fine.
      Hugs,
      Bettylou

Molly
      Duchess

Bren;

Best of luck to you, take it easy and allow your body the time to recover.. (it’s always worthwhile even when it’s frustrating), and we’ll be here to celebrate your return when you are able to..   These are definitely the times when I think we need a common voice call which would allow you to have someone to talk to when all you need to do is just lie there and pass the time.

Hugs

-Molly

Hi Bren,

You will be in my prayers.

Hope all goes well.

Love

Melissa

I’m not going to thank you ‘cos it makes me sad but I will save it till you get back.

Sally xx

I hope everything goes as it should…

…I’m sorry if this is a tad inappropriate, but when I read your story, and you mentioned bacon, I couldn’t help but think about the pig whose heart valves you’re getting. What will they do with the rest of the pig? Does it go to butcher? Do you get the carcass as part of the deal?

Puts a whole new spin on the phrase “eat your heart out”.

I can’t thank you girls enough for all your kind words and support!! I still have 7 more days left until my surgery and as the big day gets closer, I must admit, for the first time in my life, I’m really scared. I can’t stop thinking about the surgery and the mental picture I have of myself fileted on the table and the intense pain associated with all of it. It has also been my experience in recent years that all medical professionals are afraid of the DEA and federal government, not releasing enough narcotic meds to actually kill the pain associated with surgery. So when my mind starts thinking of the unpleasant aspects I stop, take some deep breaths, and try to occupy myself with something unrelated with my upcoming event.

And Jahkaleene, I will ask my surgeon about the poor little piggy who makes the ultimate sacrifice so I my live!! However, to the best of my knowledge, they actually grow these things in a labratory so there is no waste. And if I’m wrong, I would hope that the medical team doing the surgery would have had steaks for b-fast, pigs feet for lunch and pork roast for dinner. LoL

Thanks again girls and again I do have one more week until I check in to the hospital so if anyone wants to chat, catch me while you can!!!

Hugs, Breanna

Dear Breanna,

Best wishes on your medical procedures and a speedy recovery.  My prayers are with you and your surgical team.  Great you can enter this with a sense of humor too.

Hugs,

Alice

Our thoughts and prayers will be with you, Bren.

God bless.

Jessica

Sending positive vibes for a successful surgery and healthy recovery. I’ll look forward to seeing you back and while this has set your transition back further but this needs to be done. Take care and positive vibes!

I wish you the best and get well soon

Anonymous

Breanna,

Give this issue to God and trust Him. There is no better set of healing hands. You’ll be in my prayers.

Hugs Mina

Robin Snow
      Duchess

I hope all goes well and you have a speedy recovery.   Hugs!

Anonymous

Bren,

I hope all will go well and you will be back to health really soon.

*hugs*

Gaby

Patty Phose
      Duchess

Best of luck and best wishes to you and a speedy recovery.

i Hope your surgery goes well and your recovery is fast.  Those new pig valves are a huge improvement over the old metal and plastic jobs we used to use

Prayers that all goes well and a speedy recovery

Hugs

Christie

Hi Bren,

I am so sorry about your surgery.

As other girls have said my prayers are with you and I am sure you will do fine.

We look forward to hearing from you soon sweety.

Love Patty

Anonymous

Bren,

OMG, what a life changing event!  All my wishes for successful operation and a speedy and full recovery.

Hugs

Jillian

Best to you Bren. I’ll be thinking of you and looking forward to seeing you back healthy and happy!

Lori 💋

Oh my gosh Bren. Good luck, I hope it goes well for you. Take care my sister. I will say a prayer for you sweetie.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Best to you dear. Take care of yourself and a speedy recovery. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Stephanie 🌹

Sending you lots of white light to get you through this and looking forward to hearing about you recovery

Update:

Sorry girls but my surgeon has postponed my open heart surgery so I won’t be going into the hospital today as planned. Two days ago I developed an infected wisdom tooth that must be pulled. I had a consultation with the surgeon yesterday and he told me they cannot do heart surgery when there’s an infection brewing in your teeth. Seems that if the infection were to move into the heart during or after surgery, I could die!! Also, I am not recieving a pig valve as I was told, instead they will give me a surgical steel?? valve due to my age. Pig valves only last about 10 years before they fall apart, and since I’m 58 y/o, a pig valve would insure me a short life. Also, I will have to go on blood thinners the rest of my life to prevent clotting which I am not happy about. I watched blood thinners destroy my father before he died, his skin literally pealing off his body. So, my next step is to find an oral surgeon to remove these two teeth, and it’s quite difficult to get into one with all the snowbird retirees who winter here in town. When they come everything is backed up, sold out and they act like rotten little kids taking cuts in grocery store check out lines, run thier shopping carts into the back of your legs with no apology, then run into your car in the parking lot!!! How I Love Snowbird Season!!!! LoL I will keep everyone posted!!! And thank you for everyones concerns!!!

Anonymous

Praying that all goes well.

Anonymous

You have my prayers and I wish you well when you finish your transition. Sandra xx

Anonymous

Praying for you Bren that everything goes well and you have a speedy recovery .

Oh my Bren! you really are going through the wars 🙁 . Sending you lots of love and prayers, i wish you a speedy recovery, take your time, get strong and cant wait until you are back with us!

Hugs and healing kisses, Fiona xxx

Thanks Fiona,
        My surgeon postponed my surgery because I developed an infected wisdom tooth and I cannot get it pulled for two weeks unless I can find a dentist that has an opening sooner. The retired “Snowbirds” are here right now and when they come it’s very difficult to get a doctor/dentist appointment. The downside of living in The Valley of the Sun!!! But Thanks Little Sister, I hope all is going good for you and yours as I know Sammi wasn’t feeling well last time we spoke. Thanks again for your support!!!

Hugs, Bree

Viewing 29 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?