• Creator
    Topic
    Lizzy Edwards
    Participant
    Registered On: May 17, 2019
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 46

Good morning Ladies,

It’s been awhile since I have posted anything, but I have been on a journey off discovery. Over the course of the last few months I have come to discover that I am more then just a man that likes to wear women’s clothing, and also I am more then just a male. Over the years my dressing was just something that would come and go, (for years at times) but it was always there in the back of my mind. These few years though it has been in the forefront, and with that being the case I have embraced as much I could. I have been underdressing every day with a bra and panties, and in the colder months a nice t-shirt when possible. With all that I have come to the conclusion that I am a gender fluid person (I know I am labeling myself) leaning more towards the female side, so have made decision the speak with my doctor about seeing a therapist and to see if I can get on blockers, but am I little nervous about it because I have never told her about my crossdressing, or the other thing. The only reason I am thinking about this is because I have started to feel like I’m not who I should be. When I started to look back through the years of my life I had discovered that there was a few more times that I felt that way. So I guess I am just looking for a little bit of advice. Sorry for this being so long.

Hugs,

Lizzy

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      stephanie plumb
      Participant
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 78
      Replies: 697

Be careful with this.  To start with doctors are not trained to deal with gender issues. They are trained to deal with medical conditions and problems.  You do not have a medical (i.e treatable) condition.

Therapists?  Only a transgender or CD therapist can know what you are going through, otherwise they e only know what they learned at college or Googled before your session with them. You can do that yourself.

Counsellors work on this principle – “Give me your watch and I will tell you the time.”  They tell you what you want to hear!

All the answers are all in your heart and head, and in time you can unravel it all yourself.  I did, and didn’t need outside help, except reading posts and articles, and talking to the girls here on CDH. All the answers are here somewhere. It helps to talk so get active on this site before taking things further – you never know it may help. And it might save you lots of money.

Sorry if I sound so negative.  It’s just that I have a poor opinion of so-called experts in this field. It wasn’t so long ago many of them were advocating therapies to cure our abnormal desires. Some still do.

I believe self help is the best way to deal with yourself.

If you do feel the need for 3rd party help then please ensure the therapist knows what they are talking about and has had first hand experience of your issues – and that can only be if they have personally followed the same journey.

Stephanie P.

Stephanie Roberts
      Participant
      Registered On: May 20, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 213

Hi Lizzy,

Thank you for sharing this on CDH. All the best with this, and please let us know how everything went.

Love, Stephanie ❤️

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 514

Lizzy, I don’t think we have a limit on length of thread messages here.  Before you talk to your physician, gather your thoughts of what could transpire in your conversation with them.  Range them from the absolute best outcome all the way to some maybe negative ones.  Line up your reasons, history, and prospective answers ahead of time and try to cover as many bases as you can.  It will be nerve wracking at first, but as the talk goes a little longer, you will be much less nervous, both with yourself and your doctor.

Good luck with this, and don’t be afraid.

PaulaF

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Heather Harrison
      Participant
      Registered On: August 3, 2020
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 69

Thanks for posting this. I am experiencing the same issues. Last week I had my first video session with a transgender therapist and will see where this goes.

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Lizzy Edwards
        Participant
        Registered On: May 17, 2019
        Topics: 8
        Replies: 46

Heather,

Thank you, and good luck on your journey as well.

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Diane Crow
      Participant
      Registered On: October 21, 2019
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 68

A bit of advice. Go to a therapists to discuss this with. Look for someone that is familiar with gender issues. Your doctor is also an excellent place to go if you trust this person. All the best on your journey.

Hugs

Diane

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.