Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’ve been wanting to get a necklace and a bracelet with just Casey on them. I found some nice ones at Amazon. Does anyone else wear personalized jewelry? I haven’t bought necklaces in years. What thickness chain should I buy considering price is definitely an issue? How big should the name be? I want it to be dress up or dress down. What style font should I use? I’m a 17 1/2 neck.  What length should I go for if I want it to hang to around my breasts? Finally, what metal should I go with? I prefer a silver color to gold.

I have largely the same questions about bracelets too. I have a large wrist, my men’s watch is almost as big as it will go, so I have no idea about the size. In fact I know even less about bracelets than I do necklaces.

I have tried some necklaces, only to have to return them for being too small. I also have a 17 inch neck. I would think a thicker chain would work, but don’t take my word for it as I have yet to find one I like. Probably have to visit a jewelry store.

Gloria

Anonymous

Hi Casey,

I’m no expert on jewelry; I only know what my wife taught me. My thoughts, for what they’re worth:

My best guess is a 20″ chain length, and I also prefer silver.  Try to match earrings and necklace, and they sell sets which include bracelets – but size could be an issue.  Most bracelets are too small for me, and I’m not at all a heavy build.  I have one bracelet I like very much; broad, solid metal, and has a spring-loaded hinge, which opens like a clam shell.  You should probably try before you buy, and a jewelry show, craft show or gun show is a great place to look, if/when they are again allowed to open.

Thanks Bettylou and Gloria. That really helps. Oh well, a bracelet would be nice but I really want a necklace. I’ll put the bracelet on the back burner. I guess we have it a little easier than the FTMs when it comes to jewelry. “All I want is something 49ers. Why does it have to hang so darned low?”

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I would suggest going to get some cheep costume sets at wal -mart or Target and from the length of those You should get an idea of what length for you to get the desired look you want.

Sandy

I prefer costume jewelry that can be mixed and matched with lots of different outfits. Love wearing rings bracelets and funky earrings. I have chokers and colorful necklaces to match the outfits

Casey; my male button-up dress shirt neck size is also a 17/17.5. Near the end of summer last year I bought my first necklace. It was an 18inch “golden” necklace made up of different diameter rings, it fit more like a choker than a necklace. A couple of days later I went back to the store, Wal-Mart, and bought a multi-pack of 3 & 5 inch necklace extenders. Now the necklace lays across my chest in the proper place. I can even slip the necklace on over my head without having to unhook it. I haven’t bought any bracelets, but I’d say the extenders would work on them as well; bangle style bracelets might not be so easily solved. I hope this advice helps you.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?