• This topic has 51 replies, 20 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Hi ladies

Just hearing of Krista’s loss of her beloved Paige, I wondered if any of you girl’s have pets?….have you had a pet you really miss….got anything erotic exotic?…or are you planning to get a pet…??

Have you ever had a pet with a funny/odd name?

So, how about it girls….

Do you have a squirrel snatcher, a mouse hunter……a boa constrictor???

I had a Jack Russell, who reached the ripe old age of 17, before he passed…gosh that hit me so hard I said I would never go through that again….and I have never had another dog since….

Huggs pet lovers, grace xx

Anonymous

When I was a youngster I had a dog. I delivered the newspapers in the morning before school and he would walk around my route with me.

Forward many years I had a cat for 13 years. He was a tuxedo cat so handsome so arrogant…lol

When he past I was crushed. It took me a long time to get past the pain.

Jessica

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I have a crazy orange cat that goes by many names….some not very nice….but most often ‘Squeaky’….because he’s noisy AF.  I’ve never dealt with the passing of a pet.  Expect it will be hard.  He’s 16.

Anonymous

Yes, it will be tough to let go, Emily. Love him all you can for as long as you can; it will never be long enough to satisfy.

Hugs,

Bettylou

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

Thanks Bettylou.  I think about it a lot now that he’s getting older.  I do love the furry beast despite his irritating nature….sort of like children.

Love your new avatar photo, btw.  Hugs, Em.

Anonymous

HI Grace,

You may call me “Dr Doolittle”; all my life I have been surrounded by assorted pets. At age 4, I had a pet bantam rooster; as a kid in Los Angeles, I had a dog and a turtle, and from ages 17 -23m I had two alligators. After a 2-year dry spell (courtesy of Uncle Sam), I got a cat, and have had one or more cats ever since, to this day. But the great loves of my life have been my bunnies. In August, 2005, my granddaughter saved a “dumped” Easter bunny from being attacked and killed by a dog pack. I wound up adopting her, and the next thing I knew, I was part of a rabbit rescue organization. The Bettylou Warren multiplied to 4 bonded pairs of bunnies, plus a constant stream of foster rabbits – totaling over 200 over the years.
      Alas, I’m now down to my little guy, Ziggy, whom I hope will survive me; I can’t imagine life without my fur babies.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Anonymous

Bettylou

Alligators ???….straight to the top of the leaderboard!!…but overall, you have been quite a ” Noah’s ark””……or a ” Bunny Boat”!!!

well done honey xx

Anonymous

Had 150 dairy cows, 80head of beef, and  working dog called beep. Obviously they all belonged to my parents, but I always thought of them as my pets.

Really sorry to read Krista has lost Paige, my heart goes out to her.

Anonymous

Amanda….I bet ” walkies” was hilarious!!!

Grace ❤️❤️

Hi Grace,

A great question!  Many, many years ago I had turtles when you could get them at the local Five & dime store.  Then a chameleon or two.  In college a cat adopted my mom.

Alice

Anonymous

Turtles… wonderful.!!!!…

but the question I just have to ask….when the cat adopted your mum….how did you cope when she moved out????

Smiles, grace x

Anonymous

I have a two year old tiny yorkie named Mickey

We have 5 dogs, our oldest is a 14 year old Cocker Spaniel, 3 others are very close in age at about 9 years old. An enormous source of anxiety comes from looking ahead to where we have a very hard few years coming as they go away. Our solace is that we have an incredibly sensitive 2 year old lab, when you hug him he actually hugs you back.

Ah Gracie!

You do like to pull the old heart strings.  Saw that header and knew it was you before I saw the author!

So yes, I’ve had quite a few wonderful pets.  Almost all dogs, and all a very deep part of my life.  There was a boxer and two bull dogs when we were kids, and a Collie, and a couple of mutts.  And an amazing 1/2-Siamese cat who lived outside from 6 months to 19 years, and was the terror of the neighborhood.

First wife had a Scottie male when we got married.  He was a beast, and probably the most amazing dog I’ve ever known.  Such a bull-headed personality he was.  Knew exactly what he wanted, and didn’t care what you wanted.  Lived to be 14 years old, and I cried like a baby when he finally went on.

Got a gorgeous little girl Scotty after him, and she was my sweetheart.  Kathleen McKenzie – called her Katie Mac.  She was still a Scotty – very single-minded but not as obstinate as the old guy.  She got me through my first divorce, six yrs. single, and a couple of years into my second (and current marriage).  Lord it was hard losing her.

Then we found Abby.  An amazing mix of English Setter and Golden Retriever.  A more sweet, loving dog I’ve never seen.  And incredibly athletic up until her final year.  Her hips finally gave out, and we had to relieve her of the pain and agony of no longer being able to walk.  Her last two years she had company though – a little rescue mutt we named Dory.  She and Abby were inseparable – I think she kept Abby young those last years.  Abby lived to be 17, and we still miss her.

So Dory was sad when Abby went, so we got another rescue beast – his name’s Flash.  he’s part Jack Russel (ears and coloring), part Basset Hound (body is long with splayed front feet) and part pit bull (head shape and ears).  He’s a sight to see, and at 40 pounds he’s the biggest cuddler we’ve ever had.  And so good with the grandbaby.  Just a big ball of mush.

So we’re down to two dogs.  And eventually we’ll lose them too.  I think of it as part of life.  They bring joy, but also, eventually, sadness.  It’s just part of living.

Don’t think I ever want to be without a dog.  And maybe a cat or two as well.

Thanks for bringing up some great memories!

Hugs, Mikey

Anonymous

Mikey, Mikey, Mikey…..

Thank you so much for telling your story, what a menagerie….just thinking about all the love shared among all of those animals and your family is wonderful….just love the name ” flash”…

Grace xx

Anonymous

My last pet was a while ago, a venerable old golden haired cat called ‘Baby’ (Jean Auel, anyone?). When she popped her clogs, there were two sad, but dry eyed children, one sad but dry eyed mum, and me with tears streaming down my face.

Don’t get me started on the vet mafia , but suffice to say I’m now content to earn brownie points doing a bit of dog sitting now and again.

Grace, darling girl…

My other darling pet was a Red Setter named Spike after a certain British comedian. I loved him to bits, so clever, so full of life, so loyal and such a friend! He lived for 17 years before succumbing to cancer.

My other was a Norskskogskatt. A cat of 9 kilos that was like a Maine Coon. I was his friend and playmate and I was so sad to leave him when I left Sweden. Not to worry… he went to a great home near the forest in which he felt at home.

xx Polly

Anonymous

Polly…

I think the general feeling is grief, after we lose a pet we have had for so long, they really are a part of us and the family…

a norsko what???….totally new one on me…x

A Norskskogskatt… A cat that swims and actually likes the water. You’ll have to look this up… endemic to Scandinavia xxx

I usually had some kind of pet at one time or another most of my life, dogs, a lot of cats, a turtle (which never returned my affection), even a de-scented skunk for several years whose name was Rosebud.

My most enduring friends were three housecats, Bubba and Ginger (littermates) and Maynard.  Bubba and Ginger were yellow tabbies, Maynard was a black tabby, and the ringleader of the crew.  If I jingled my car keys when I was about to leave, Maynard would be at my feet in a heart beat wanting to go for a ride with me.  If I was just going for a drive to get away from the house, that was cool, and he would ride my shoulders out to the car and get in when I opened the door.  He would stand on my lap with his front paws on the crosspiece of the steering wheel watching where we were going.  When we got back home, he would run for the front door and wait to go inside, probably telling tall tails to the other two of his adventure.

Ginger made it to 16 years old, Maynard to 17 years and Bubba to 18 years.  Those were the  saddest 3 years of my life I think, outside of my mom passing.  I have had a few dreams with Maynard in them and they were extremely vivid and clear to my memory afterwards.  I really do still miss him so very much.  All 3 of them really.

Okay, now I’m tearing up.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Paula…

thanks for sharing, it must have been a terrible wrench losing the ” three amigos”….so sad………….

but every cloud, and “rosebud”, the de- scented skunk really did make me spill my coffee!!!…..that’s so damn funny, haha

Grace ❤️❤️

Rosebud was a special friend.  when I got her, she could curl up in the palm of my hand and sleep.  Walking her wasn’t hard, just stand in front of her and let her smell the back of my shoe and start walking, she would follow (they are very nearsighted).  And the most fun we had was when we found that she liked balls of cheese and Bali Hai wine.  Just picture a semi drunk skunk walking with you.

PaulaF

Anonymous

There is a saying…

“as drunk as a skunk”

…..you never started that…did you!!!!

It wasn’t us, but she and I did have some good fun messing with people at times.

PaulaF

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

We had 2 Yorkshire Terriers until recently when our eldest, Koda, had to be out to sleep due to accute ongoing pancreatitis which was getting worse, she was 14 and our baby.

Our other little bull in a china shop is 12yr old Belle, not so much as a diva but she’s been through the wars and badly broke her back leg & ankle nearly 2yrs ago and had to have the leg amputated, then 6 months later she ruptured the ligaments in her remaining back leg and it was touch and go with her due to the 2nd major surgery and prolonged recovery in the space of a year, but we decided to do the operation as she’s such a fighter and she’s absolutely fine.  I don’t think she’s noticed she only has 3 legs as she’s a bit slow on the uptake but she’s super cute and so funny – especially when she’s lying on the floor with one back leg sticking out to the side and her long tail at the other side, looking like she’s doing the splits!

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Mandy Wife.
      • This reply was modified 3 years ago by Mandy Wife.
        Anonymous

Hello Mandy….I used to see a three legged dog in our local park regularly…and she was always chasing around and seemed really happy with life…

Grace x

Mandy Wife
          Baroness

They are really amazing – I’m on a tri-paw Facebook group and some of the antics are hilarious and Halloween costumes as well with a peg leg or “shark attack survivor” and things like that!

We really didn’t know how well she would get on and they say it’s us humans that have more of an issue coping than the dogs and they are so right – she runs so fast it gives me palpitations!!

Anonymous

Mandy….Tri paw Facebook group is good……but a three legged dog with  a “shark attack survivor” t-shirt…..I just cannot stop giggling….another Unforgettable cdh image….thanks darling.

Huggs, grace xxx

So, you’ve all heard the one about the three-legged dog in the old west, right?

He steps up to the swinging doors of the saloon and steps inside, and everyone becomes deathly quiet, shaking in fear!

The three legged dog looks around the room, and somebody says, “what are you here for, mister?”

And the three-legged dog says, “I’m lookin’ for the man who shot my paw!”

Sorry about that!

Mikey

Stevie65
      Lady

i have 2 yellow labs. Mother and Daughter. I should have named them shadow1 and shadow2.

Stevie

Anonymous

I’m a born and bred dog lover, pretty much had a dog all my life. We have a dog now, the Moose dog, I used to drink Moosehead beer so she became the Moose dog. She’s a Rottweiler\Shepherd cross so a fair size girl, she turned 10 in August so unfortunately she’s getting old and slowing down, the bigger breeds don’t last as long. Not looking forward to the day I have to take her for the last walk, I’ve done that job a few times and it’s not a task I would wish on my worst enemy. My wife and I have talked and this will be our last one, they’re great to have but they do tie you down and we have some travel plans in the future. I also used to have aquariums until a couple of years ago, I started breeding fish back when I was about 12 for a couple of local pet shops and stuck with it. I used to like to come home from work at 7 PM grab a beer and watch my fish dance as I would say, I always liked angel fish, beautiful creatures and very protective parents, I’ve had a couple of other fish ripped apart for getting a little too close to the den.

Anonymous

In England we have a tasty real ale called ” the dogs bollocks”…yes honestly….

So glad you didn’t drink that….calling the dog in the park could have been….” testing”??

Grace x

ChloeC
      Duchess

Just a cat. For now.  Have had cats and dogs, fish, turtles, my SO has had 3 horses, the last one moving on not that long ago.  I get cats, they get me (well, at least they seem to tolerate me more than many others who come around, and I can often ‘talk’ a little to other house cats, they do listen before running away).

When I was a teen I trained our – then current – family cat to roll over, by using meat and cheese bits, in the kitchen. When we were both there he would roll over on command, but not in any other room (he knew there was no food there). and when he wanted better food than his dish provided he would come to the kitchen and roll over and over and over and….  No way I can teach our current cat to roll over. She loves doing it anywhere at anytime. She sleeps with my SO but in the TV room, she would prefer my lap if there’s a choice.

Oh, yes, I also was able to take that trained cat on a walk around the block, unleashed. I just had to be a little patient as he wanted to sniff lots of things, but he always came back to me when I called, and we successfully completed the trip.  Just once. We sort of agreed that I wouldn’t press my luck, again.

Anonymous

Thanks Chloe

Interesting how turtles are quite popular…but even more interesting….when something like a horse passes on…what happens next ??…that’s a big hole in your garden…or what else do you do???…

grace xx

[postquote quote=435214]
      Hi Baroness Grace,

The cat passed from old age.  My mom found another cat.

Alice

Hi Grace .

A little black kitten named Friday, but sadly she had to go to sleep due to the fact that the wee soul was suffering from fluid retention and was drowning. I then brought another kitten into the fold a few months later . She was named Tuesday. We had her for 21 years, she is buried under my workshop floor in her favourite cardigan and with her wee toys. Last year a big cock pheasant  befriended us and used to knock on the patio doors when he wanted fed. i was sitting at the dinning room table  with a police  officer from the fire arms division when she said, do you know, there is a big bird sitting looking at me. I laughed and said ! oh that’s pastry, if you will excuse me a minute he wants fed. Unfortunately he left after about 7 months and is sadly missed. They have a very short life span , anything from a few weeks to 2 maybe 3 years . All  i am looking after at the moment are my hedgehogs. We have about 9 staying with us at the moment. Py xx.

Anonymous

a pheasant called pastry who disappeared….I’m saying no more….but I do love hedgehogs… wonderfully cute

Grace ! the hedgehogs are what my wife calls my wigs. Py xx.

Anonymous

Haha….fooled me !!!!

Wow, where to begin? Growing up, Mom’s cat was at least 21 years old when she went, she was older than me. The dogs dad sicked on me to get me up on weekends were bigger than me, one was about 140 pounds. Since marrying my wife, who likes animals better than most people, we’ve got a menagerie on our hands. Currently a Boston terrier, long haired dachshund, wire haired dachshund, 4 cats (down from six), and 2 horses (down from a maximum of 4 at one point). The big cat is bigger than the dogs, he’s a Maine Coon. One of the wife’s horses, she had for 38 years and when she had to put him down she took to her bed for a week. His saddle is in our bedroom. The halter of another is on her nightstand. Oh I almost forgot the rabbit, but he stays where the horses are, away from the dogs and cats.

Bridgette vS

Hi Grace you asked for this and no dr. Dolittle jokes  as my wife and i have now at home  2 horses snowball and dunny than 3 dogs ruger a male border collie  marley a male yello lab then a female border collie named luna moon .whew then cats  as little girl- tobby- bunny-yeller man–junior–stripes– zeuse–pumpkin–smokey–phissel– a few wild rabbits a couple of foxes some deer that hang around — then the past ones we had 5 other dogs 6 cats  4 ferrits several small birds and yes the two boa constrictors  3 ft george and 7 ft big mama all of these are within the last 14 years we have been in Montana  then a few more cats and dogs in Fla when we lived there I know its gonna get you Grace so go ahead and joke me im ready 💋💋💞

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

Stephanie…that’s some roll call each morning….

and I have found someone who actually had boas…( and not feather !!!)..but tell me….is your pet food delivered by convoy or just airdropped??

Huggs, grace xx

A big truck every few days and a few trips inside to get it all in ha ha ..

Stephanie

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Ok, we have a few small animals, and mostly they are named after musicians. We have a mini rex (super soft fur) rabbit, who is only a few months old named Chopin, the 19th century romantic classical composer, then we some rodents starting with degus (similar to gerbils, but bigger) have two brothers, named George and Ira Gerswhin, a another pair of males, Simon and Garfunkle, then the littlest of all a mouse. This one was a foundling and was very young and suffering from hypothermia when my wife and kids found him. So I warmed him up fed up, and was going to let him go, but everyone wanted to keep him, so he is named Moses, as he was found shivering in some wet grass.

Moses is the old timer of the bunch now and is coming up on four years old soon. We had another foundling mouse a few years ago, Hercules who was a bit nearly 5 years old! Just a tiny mouse! That guy was very energetic, and super friendly. My daughter and I hand nursed him with a formula and would always come to our hands the rest of his life. Once again, when the nest got disturbed my wife and daughter wanted to keep him. He didn’t even have fur or eyes open when we got him.

I know, just mice, but they can be very interesting and clever little animals, which is what makes then so troublesome. What they can do with their tiny bodies and brains is remarkable!

Then out in the garden is a mini Russian Hamster I called Sergi Rachmaniof. A little guy with a big name, and another rabbit named Juliette. Most of the recent pets have been males, except for Juliette, whose father was named Romeo.

They are the more recent ones. So yes we have six little mouths to feed!

Amy

Anonymous

Amy….just a wonderful story, I loved it…thank you !!

Anonymous

Gen….

I had to have my baby put down too…and you can’t blame yourself….we had wonderful lives together…and to let them suffer is just too much….always think of the good times honey xxx

Anonymous

Genevieve, it’s always hard when sadly you have to take the decision to have an animal you love put to sleep.

But as an animal lover they put their life in your hands, the least we can do is treat them with the love and respect they deserve. Although extremely traumatic to have to do, is not fair to allow them to suffer, often in silence and in great pain. It takes great courage and show tremendous love and understanding of you pets suffering that you allow it to have a dignified end to its life. You have nothing to forgive yourself for, you had a decision to make, and its sadly often the right one, but  that we don’t want to make,   but know out of love it’s a call we have to make.

Anonymous

Gen,
      I feel your pain. I have had to take several of my fur babies on that final trip to the vet over the years – and can never forgive myself afterward. even knowing that their conditions were hopeless. I still mourn the loss of my beloved Hopalong Cassidy, who died from a heart attack while in a veterinary hospital ICU on August 5, 2014. I should have been with him at the end, but I wasn’t. I wish I could share his photo, but it’s not allowed.

Bettylou

Anonymous

Celeste…

I love the replies we get on cdh…I have so many wonderful images in my mind, and you surely have created another….

tall blonde in the blue gown on the back of a dog sled yelling mush, mush !!!!…..thank you honey xx

Anonymous

Gosh me and Grace too Stephanie, God Krista made me cry,  her Paige passed away in her arms that extremely sad yet beautiful too.

Anonymous

Gosh…. suddenly the naughty corners getting……damp !!

Anonymous

Young and still a babe, loads of energy and lots of squirrels to chase yet…..and that’s just YOU Steph……

Dry her eyes and look after her 2poos!!!

Huggs, grace x

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?