• This topic has 33 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Revel.
Viewing 24 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Ladies,

How do you take your photos?  I use an inexpensive cell phone, and most of the time the photos are blurry enough that I end up deleting them.  Do you use a good  digital camera and a tripod? I would appreciate any suggestions.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Emily Alt. Reason: Clarity
      Anonymous
      Lady

I use my cellphone set on a 10-second timer and a tripod – so I would have actually selected three options in the poll. I’ve had to go through multiple retakes to get what I want, but all-in-all I have been successful in taking some pretty good pictures. I use a Google pixel which has an amazing camera, so I wouldn’t take all the credit.

I have also been reading up on how to pose for pictures and have been practicing over the last couple of days. 🙂

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

I agree.  My Pixel 6 Pro is amazing.  It’s responsible for the dust on my high-end Sony rig.

The same thing happened to me when I got my new iPhone.  I now have quite a collection of  expensive paper weights!  lol    Marg

I use my cell phone with a selfie stick.  It is a great way to get lots of different angles.

Anonymous

You can get a very inexpensive Bluetooth remote shutter which will work with most cellphone cameras. Combine with a tripod it will allow you more freedom to pose without worrying about the 10 seconds countdown and without going back to the phone to set the timer again. Similarly you can get an intermediate level digital camera with remote shutter for even better results.

Usually I use a digital camera. I used to use one with a timed shutter. Now I have a Go-Pro, which is helpful in several respects. It has a built-in mini tripod. It accepts voice commands to shoot a photo. I can also control the camera from an app on my phone, but find I need to put a timer on so I don’t get a photo of me looking at my phone. The Go-Pro is also wide angle, so you can stand pretty close and still get a full body view.

I have occasionally used a phone with a timer. Because I don’t have a tripod, I used a large hair clip turned upside down.  The clip grabs the bottom of the phone, the camera is unimpaired at the top, and the ends of the clip make a wide enough base to keep the phone steady in a vertical position. But a phone’s front camera is usually of lower resolution, and it doesn’t have an optical zoom like a digital camera, so I prefer digital cameras to a phone.

Hi Kerri i use other device as my small fire tablet and wife takes probibly 98% of the pictures we have fun trying to figuire out a cute pose he he ..

Stephanie

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Most photographers will tell you the best camera to have is the one that’s with you.  For most of us, that’s our cell phone.  The last few generations of phones have built-in cameras that are plenty good enough for selfies and casual photography.  Some high-end phones produce images that rival expensive digital cameras.

I have a Google Pixel 6 Pro cell phone.  The images I get out of it are amazingly good.  It’s replaced my high-end Sony gear for most daily photography.  I use a small Manfrotto tripod and a timer when the situation calls for it.

The most compelling reason to use my Sony gear is when I take a lot of photos.  Basically a photo shoot situation.  Compared to the Pixel, my Sony gear has incredible speed, superior handling, and infinitely more control over the images I capture.  I use a full-size tripod, dedicated flash, and wireless remote.  If I’m going to that much effort, I’ll edit the images in Adobe Lightroom.  Lightroom is basically a digital darkroom.  Maybe a quarter of the photos I post are made this way.  The rest are straight out of my phone.

/EA

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

I use the interval timer feature on my digital camera, with a tripod. While phones do take pretty amazing pictures these days, I really only use the phone for selfies or close ups. The additional flexibility with the self timer settings is a major advantage of the digital camera I use (fuji XT3) over the phone I have. The xt3 has an interval timer feature to specify the number of pictures to take (I usually do 20-25 in a batch) as well as the timing (I usually set to take a shot every 3-5 seconds). Which creates a LOT of opportunities to get one right in a relatively short amount of time. Shooting this way is also hands free, and enables me to get into a flow, instead of trying to hold a pose or expression until the shot is taken.

The drawback to this approach is that a full body camera and full size tripod are not nearly as portable as a phone and not always something I’m in the mood to deal with. There are certain days where I just grab a few selfies, and that’s that!

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I use my cell phone, but I have to be a little stealth in doing so. My wife doesn’t want me taking pics, but as you can tell I manage to get a few in now and then. Please check out my gallery.

Mona
      Duchess

I use an iPhone 12 mini mounted on a tripod, with a wireless (bluetooth) remote.  The remote is a very small “clicker” type that is easy to conceal.  One thing many people don’t know is that the selfie camera has significant lower resolution than the outward facing camera.  I put the tripod in front of a mirror where I can see the reflection of the camera screen, and thereby know that I’m being framed properly.  I  usually take around 50 photos per outfit and then pick the one or two best ones for posting here.  Recently I’ve experimented with just setting the camera on video mode while I strike a bunch of different poses, then use MS Photos to capture individual clips.  It works pretty well, except the clipped images are somewhat lower resolution than stills.  Lighting is key to taking a good photo.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Mona.

Thanks Mona, I didn’t even know that they made a wireless Bluetooth remote for phone pictures.  I’ve got to have one now, so I can take better pictures.  I’ve been just leaning my phone up against a figurine, and using the 10 second delay.  I obviously got some really bad shots, because I had to walk backwards in 4” heels.  Your posting will be a game changer.

By the way, your photos are very beautiful, I’m hoping to look half as good.

Mona
          Duchess

Glad you found it helpful, Jennifer.  All you need to do is first go into the phone’s settings and get the bluetooth paired with the remote.  Then when you use the camera, it should trigger the shutter.  I like keeping the sound on so I can hear the click.

I use a older Samsung S6 phone with a 16 MP camera on a tripod with a remote shutter. I removed the SIM card on the phone so it only gets used for photos. I’ve started storing the photos on a USB drive because I am fed up with MS OneDrive.

Hi Kerri,  My days are very busy so I sometimes have trouble allowing the time to do a proper pic. I now use this method to hasten the process.  All of my pics are just from my iPhone (usually my old 5) set on a tripod. Then I just turn on the video and let it record while I get into the picture and try poses. A lot of time I will talk to myself or make jokes with imaginary friends just to try to get my mouth into a perfect smile and my eyes to be bright. Then after 5 minutes, I turn the video off and then pass it onto a Mac laptop. Next, I roll the video and then screen print parts that show an image that I really like. After you do this for a while you begin to find the timing mark that you think seems to be a good area and then you concentrate your selection there. Then I select the best one of the screen printed shots and use it.  I only crop my shots and don’t enhance or Photoshop them since I think that defeats the learning and sharing purpose. If you use this video method, you will get a slight softening of the image which may be an advantage to your final look. I hope this helps.  Marg

Marg, when I want a photo from a video, I use a video editor that allows me to move a frame at a time so I can get the best frame from the short time interval. The video editors often allow you to save a frame so you get the maximum resolution from the frame rather than trying to screen capture the frame, which now depends on your playback resolution. To me, taking a screen capture is like taking a photo of a photo.

Thanks Alison,  I have that method too but usually am just going 100 MPH and don’t bother. I actually owned a production studio once but now like the shoemaker’s kids just tend to throw things together and move on to the next project.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I think that a lot of people may benefit from your comment.  Marg

Anonymous

Hi Kerri.

When I take photos I typically use a 35mm digital camera on a tripod, either with a timer or a remote switch I can trigger myself. I do that because those tend to turn out much nicer. I do use my cell phone for some selfies, but usually those aren’t as nice and I end up deleting them (or at least never showing them to anyone). The best way, of course, is to have someone with you who can take pictures for you, which is always a lot more fun, but that’s not always practical, so the tripod and timer works the best for most of the pictures I take.

Hugs,

Holly

Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Most of the pics I take are with my phone. The camera on it is the same resolution as my Canon D20.

I find that if the lens is clean, I set the timer on the delay for 5 sec, and find a good spot to prop the phone…. I can get an adequate picture.

The biggest issue with cell pics is stability of the person taking the pic. My wife has a tremor, every pic looks like an episode of the old Star Trek where everyone is falling all over the bridge during a space battle…

Some of the newer phones have great image stabilization tech, and merely needs to be turned on in the settings.

Good luck snapping those pics!

Have fun out there.

xoxo

Rayna

i am old school 35mm . my wife take all of the picture of me. donna

I have a shelf that I stand my phone on. It’s quick and easy. I used to use the main camera on the phone, but the screen faces the wrong way. I sometimes cast the image to the TV so I can see…… But lately, I have been using the selfie camera on the front of it. Perfectly adequate in a well lit room. I can see the screen when I do this.

One day, I will set up my studio up (I used to be a semi pro photographer and have a mobile studio), and take some proper photos….. One day. 🙂

Cerys.

i take my pics on mu computer camera, then add them to my file list

I just use a cell phone, but I also have a tripod where I can set the cell on and adjust it to take snaps every 20/30 seconds, then I edit the bad ones (delete).

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

My photo device is a basic iPhone 11 on a tripod.  I have a bluetooth remote so I can pose and click away!  It does an ok job.  Good enough for posting a few pics here.

💖Lola

That’s the easiest way in my opinion. I use my android phone & bluetooth remote shutter release. I like the way that you can use the front camera to set up your pose/position in the frame before taking the photo.

Leonara
      Ambassador

I use either my IPhone 13 mini or the iPad both have timers that are set at 10 seconds for that special pose.. I will spend time deleting photos or editing… I am my worse critic to my feminine presentation… Lovely ladies please keep those photos coming lol… Warmest regards, Leonara

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Leonara. Reason: Grammar

I noticed that several of us an I phone Mini.  I also have an I phone 13 mini.  It’s interesting to me, because I like it because it’s so small and can fit in a pocket to carry.  But I’ve not seen any GGs using mini phones, because they like us, sometimes, have a purse that fits a larger phone.  But that’s an observation for another post, and not applicable here.  Interesting though, since they quit making mini phones.

For a lot of my photos I set my timer on my phone and my wife has taken some for me as well.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I use my cell phone, often with a self timer if there is no one to take the picture for me. However for other pictures I often use a Nikon DSLR, sometimes with a tripod, it has a self timer and I also have a remote release for it too depending on the situation I use either or.

The newer cell phone cameras are quite good and can give great pictures especially if you’re posting them here or elsewhere on the ‘net.

Amy

Cell phone for me, and I like the way certain photos look but not others.

Hi girls,
      To take me photos I use my smartphone whose main rear camera is 108 MP, it also has 3 other secondary cameras that help to take better photos, in fact this was one of the key factors when I bought a new phone haha, and I also have and I use a tripod in my photo sessions to take photos like the one I have on the cover of my profile, and the truth is that I am happy with the photos and the quality of these that I can take but more than once I have considered the option of buying one good digital camera, I’ll see if I do it in the course of this year.
      Greetings to all girls

Revel
        Baroness

My smartphone also has different cameras that I sometimes use for taking better photos. Your smartphone takes some nice photos, and I’m looking forward to seeing some more of your lovely photos in the future. 😘

❤️ Rev

Revel
      Baroness

Hi Kerri and ladies,

I use my smartphone for a selfie, and sometimes for a full body shot. However, I prefer to use my simple “Samsung” SL30 10.2 MP digital camera for better quality, and this camera also has a much better flash. Most of my photos in my private photo gallery were taken using my digital camera. Luckily, my Daddy is my personal photographer to help me take photos so I don’t need a tripod. Haha. I love photo shoots! It’s one of the reasons why I love to transform and do some cross-dressing. Have fun!

Revel

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?