Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I see so many great photos in the photos section. Great poses. Great composition. It got me to wondering how do you take your photos?
      Mine are taken in the living room. I stand my phone on a a unit under the television, and use it’s voice activation “cheese” to take the pic. I also project the phone to the telly so I can see the image… it’s limiting, but it works. I do have a bit of extra lighting thanks to Ikea 🙂
      Some of the pics I see look like they were taken in a studio, or had someone else use the camera. Others are obviously mirror shots, or arms length selfies.
      Annoyingly, I have a studio… I used to be a mobile photographer. I just can’t be arse setting it all up. Also, my picture taking time is very limited.

So, how do you do yours?

Cerys

I don’t try to take photos in hopes of getting that perfect shot. I make videos and then look for that perfect screenshot and then save that. I know the quality of a screenshot from a video isn’t as good as a snapshot photo, but it saves me from taking countless worthless photos.

I also find a bonus to taking videos. It’s much more enjoyable to see your femininity in action

Videos don’t work for me. I just get a video of a fat, knackered old man clomping around in a dress and heels 🙂

Cerys

Sorry to hear that. I’m fortunate to be very petite and if you saw me from the back in one of my videos you would think I was a teenage girl

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Cerys!  Yes, I take my pics the same way as you with the voice activated phone camera.  And many of them get trashed until I see one that finally looks nice!  I would love a studio to do it in, but, alas, wind up taking the photo wherever I may be at the time.  I should pay more attention to a nice setting, I’ll admit.  It’s the lighting for me…. I can look so different in natural light as opposed to indoor light.  Florescent lights are my enemy.  Depending on the lighting I can go from light brunette to strawberry blond in a second!  😅

Stevie

I do mine on the upstairs corridor balancing my phone on a chair using timer

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I’m using a full size mirror (that need to be cleaned) for most of my selfies (see my private gallery). Next option is my wife taking some pics.

Studio and so on, no tanks. Not interested in making that personal connection between some stranger and Kelly.

/kt

These days I just use my phone, it’s easier than getting the big camera out. I have a device that fits on my full sized tripod and it holds the phone securely. The benefit is that I can see my “pose” and adjust it before the timer goes off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016KZDMWQ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hello Cerys, I use a DSLR camera on a tripod with wireless remote control. May sound very professional, but I have been a amature photography for many years. Most of my earlier photo,s where taking in my bedroon as to keep it secret, still on the DSLR using a full length, the lighting was a problem. Had to wait for a nice sunny day when the light shone through the window. But now as my family & nieghbours know about my CD, I take most of them in the conservatory or out in the back garden. The light is better outside & the nieghbours do not mind, setting up is sometime not easey, no mirror to look in, so take a few shots (camera on tripod) & then review them & go from there. love, Helenmarie

Anonymous

Digital camera on a tripod with a 10 sec self-timer. Digital was a real Godsend.

Connie

xxx

I take mine all with my phone. Either selfies or the timer on the phone. I wish I had the skill set to do a better job but I am to lazy to work on it.

Anonymous

Looks OK to me!

Connie

xxx

Krissy
          Lady

Always looked stunning id say 😍

Brielle
      Lady

Hi all, I have used a Nikon DSLR for some if mine, but most of mine are arm-selfies or using a selfie stick with my iPhone. It has custom settings and a timer, so it works well. The DSLR has a remote and timer, but it’s not the most user friendly. Many of my photos, I go back and blur the background with Photoexpressions. I also use that to do a few touch-ups like hiding the breast plate seams, or blems on my legs – I know, it’s cheating! But I don’t use any face apps to drastically alter my appearance. I did download a free one just to see if I can see what HRT might do for me (won’t publish those if I am successful!).

Most of my photos are just taken with my phone, which does good enough. I also got a decent tripod and a cheap bluetooth remote so I can take photos from a distance. I’ve had one or two of my photos taken by a good friend as well, but those are few and far between.

From there I take like 100’s of photos just to scrap most of them haha

Anonymous

Just to balance things out, all my selfies are luck rather then good judgement. I’ve never been one for selfies, so I guess I’m not very motivated. I’m a ‘where can I balance this?’ type of photographer, and my house is so lived in (read cluttered), I don’t have many good lines of sight, or if I do, the lighting is not right. I’m quite envious of the photographers on here, and the photos they produce which often seem top notch.

Marti xxx

A lot of the photos I take have a very untidy dog bed behind me He hates it when I move it to take photos!

Cerys

Krissy
        Lady

Selfies are a bit hit and miss ive found! The ones that i think i look amazing in my girlfriends say i look like a tart! I do try to dress age responsible but just love short skirts and high heels 👠 and think ill always be this way as im 54years old and if anything my hemlines are getting shorter and the heels are getting higher! Always been a girl that likes a good size heel on a shoe or boot.

We’re the same age and have the same “problem” 🙂 I have far too many skirts, and 90% of them are minis.

Cerys

Krissy
            Lady

I dont think I’ll ever be able to dress age appropriately! I like what I like and if it happens to be very short then thats fine with me! As for my heels I’ve gone to the highest I can find, I love shoes and ever since I mastered walking in heels 👠 many years ago I just have to get shoes with a good heel on them, im around 5ft 9 so I do need a high heel as feel very small if I ever wear flats x

Krissy
            Lady

It’s lovely that it’s not just me that loves short skirts and higher heels! As my girlfriends say I’m turning into a right tart but one with class! It’s amazing to get help from bio women as I want to be just like them and from what they tell me I’m doing just that. Even went out last Friday night with them and got a goodnight kiss from a nice young man so must be doing something right. I love my girlfriends they inspire me to be more like them and they always help me in any way they can.

Krissy
          Lady

It was like a project learning to walk in the higher heels back then, and now I can walk beautifully in them im so happy! Just need to find some winter boots with a good size heel on them now.

Mona
      Duchess

Hi Cerys,

I use an iPhone mounted on a tripod with a Bluetooth remote shutter release.  I position the tripod/phone next to a full length mirror that helps me see what different poses look like.

On many phones, the rear-facing selfie camera has considerably lower resolution than the front facing camera.  I use the front-facing camera which means that I can’t see the phone’s screen because it’s facing away from me.  To make sure that I am being framed correctly, I mount a small flexible mirror behind the iPhone so I can see the screen.

Stating the obvious, but proper lighting is of utmost importance, especially in indoor settings.  I invested in a proper soft box lighting kit and it has made a huge difference in the quality of my photos.  I purchased it from Amazon – if anyone’s interested, here’s the description that will allow you to search/find it: RALENO Softbox Photography Lighting Kit.

I’m very happy with the quality of this kit.  Finally, I take hundreds of photos in a typical session, which usually involves 3-4 outfit changes.  Of that number, I estimate that 1 in 10 are good and maybe 1 in 30 worthy of posting here.  It’s amazing how factors like camera angle, lighting, head and body position, etc. can influence how you look.  Always fun and gratifying to see those handful of gems that emerge from a given photo shoot session.

Hugs, Mona

Krissy
        Lady

Apart from the hair everything eau natural! Tried the whole using filters and found its not for me. Now ok with a few filters i look totally awesome but ive found its so much better to have the natural look as its what mother nature gave me. Just a real honest person really! Oh do my head is swelling again! LOL 😆

Most of ours are taken by my wife. The camera is always around so any friends can pick it up and snap away. A few times I have handed the camera to a stranger and asked them to snap me.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

1/. When in “solo Caty mode”, a good “old fashioned”??? digital camera with a ten second delay

2/. When having a professional makeover, obviously the “MUArtist” takes the shots. The difference can be readily seen in my public photos

Caty.

Anonymous

Hi Cerys,

I use a Sony Cybershot camera on a tripod, with a 10-second delay. The “bad” ones are deleted immediately and necessary adjustments made. I need a ring light to get better shots, but I currently make-do with the GIMP photo editor for adjustments and cropping.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

ChloeC
      Duchess

As can be imagined from my posted pics, I use my (expensive Note) cellphone and an almost full length mirror, with a non-descript background.  I take a LOT of shots of me at a time when I do it so I can maybe find one where I don’t think I look horrible.

I do have a small tripod (one of those ball-y things) that I could use with the timer or voice activated, I suppose, but I’d probably chicken out by the time I got all that set up just right. Easier to just go into the room, see if my reflection looks at least decent and snap away.  There are all sorts of filters available but I’m not that interested in using them.

Now I did do one in a rather formal full length dress and added a decent looking background (photoshop type app), but I will never touch up me in any of my photos.   But that’s just me.

I’ll use one of several different methods.  Most of the time the camera will respond to a verbal command.  I have a mini tri-pod, place the camera on the back of my car, and tell it to “take photo.”  I can also tell the camera to “start video” or “shoot burst” (about 30 frames in 2 seconds) if I want to do something like twirl.

I do have problems when I shoot indoors.  The camera is very wide angle, and will often adjust to the brightness and harshness of the florescent (or LED equivalent) lights in my basement, leaving me in the shadow.  I’m going to have to find some alternative.

The camera does have a timer, and I can access it with the timer.  I can also access it with an app on my phone.  I will often set a short timer (2 second) so that I can put my arm down after hitting the remote shutter and look at the camera instead of photographing myself looking at my phone.

Before this, I just used a 10 second timer on a different camera.

A couple of times I used my phone.  I used a trick to make a stand.  If you take a wide hair “claw”, you can grab the bottom of your phone with it, and turn it upside down to form a base which you can place on a flat surface.  Then either voice commands or a timer can be used to take the photos.

Hi cerys as 99% of all mine are taken by my wife with my little fire tablet pretty good canera  but yes the lighting is a big problen ..

Stephanie Bass

Phone camera on a timer, or voice activated – just like you.

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?