• This topic has 65 replies, 33 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Revel.
Viewing 28 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

For the last few months I have been one of the Assistant Manager Ambassadors here in CDH. I’m in charge of the Media area. This area includes, among other things, the photographs uploaded to CDH servers by our membership.

We are making a few changes specific to uploading images intended to the Public photographs section.

– Portraits generated or modified by software applications similar but not limited to Faceapp, Snapchat and any other current or future applications will not be accepted in the Public photographs section. Basically, they will be considered non-crossdressing images which are already not acceptable.

– At this time, they are not being disallowed from Private user galleries. We understand that not everybody can post their own photographs for many different reasons, but we encourage you all to consider using different images as your avatars. (You have access to different drawings in our gallery located at https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/profile-photos/)

If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please contact me and we can discuss.

Regards,
      Gabriela

Anonymous

Thanks Gabriela, Just curious if there will ever be like fantasy or halloween section for public photos.

Donna

Anonymous

Donna,

There is a tag for Halloween photographs in the public photos section.

As for “Fantasy” photos, it has been suggested and rejected in the past. Basically, up to Vanessa to decide on that regard.

Gabriela

Anonymous

Thanks Gabriela Just curious could fantasy and halloween be almost same. Or different

Donna

Anonymous

Depends on how many years you dress as the bride🤣

Peta Mari
      Lady

I have noticed that many posters no longer state whether their photos have been digitally altered.

It could be they haven’t actually read the fine print, and realized they should have. Or they know, and are trying to pass as the real thing. (I hope its the former.)

Cropping is an excellent method of enhancing a real photo. Such as my one. *With the risk of having tickets on myself, I look great.*

But, I can assure you, the full uncropped photo isn’t that great.

While I agree with the ruling. Can you explain more about why and how this decision came to be. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Hello Mary Jane, and thank you.

Pretty much every day I to contact one or two members who had submitted images which were clearly software generated/morphed, you name it. I would ask them to verify if that was the case, and then reminded them to look at the guidance and rules for acceptance of public photo submissions. Some of them would reply they were not aware of the rules (which you have to acknowledge your acceptance of those rules in order to be able to upload the photos!) Some others would just not reply. Some would be even offended by us daring to question how they look when they roll out of bed in the mornings. (Yeah, right)

When you get to a point that a good 30% to 40% of the images submitted in a day are software altered or generated, something has to be done about it. And in reality, we already have that rule in place… We don’t accept non-crossdressing photos. And a portrait in which the hair, the makeup, and the facial features are created by an application, there is no crossdressing involved to start with.

Gabriela

🤐

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

I am in favor of this policy for several reasons…
      we have a lot of very shy members who are shy and won’t put in images because they don’t think they’re good enough. some of this is because of the faked images we have posted on the site.

Cases in point:
      1. we have members who are posting images which are NOT themselves, presenting them as their own images
      and 2. we have people putting their faces into images that are not their bodies.
      these last two examples are quite obvious violations of our rules, and in many cases, copyright violations.
      I don’t see using a faceapp to change your appearance to be any less of a lie than those two examples.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by BillieJay.
      BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

note that profile photos, aka avatars, are subject to the same rules, and will be enforced in the same manner.

Hi Gabriela nice meeting you  and a great subject as with me its all me no enhancements  well except for the boobs ha ha sorry jusy trying to lighten the load .. You ladies as managenent are doing a wonderful job here as when i first joined i was quite shy and lonely .. I am married and have a wonderful supportive wife but as for a wonderful and fantastic place you girls have put together as well as miss Vanessa im proud and happy to be here i have more pictures to add .. So sometime here soon you will be getting more of me to look thru thanks for your work here ..

Stephanie Bass

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Though I am a retired photoshop professional, and know all the “tricks”, all I ever do for mine is basically crop and enhance my images for good colour and contrast.

I agree with this, as the photo apps create a truly unrealistic image

This is something which has come up in my past professional life, how far can one go. For instance how about taking out a few zits on the face or clothes? Most think of this as quite normal in photo reproduction.

Amy

I’m pleased to hear it Gabbi, how will you know who is real or not?

Anonymous

Sally,

The same way we have been doing it until today.

Gaby

Hi Gabriela Thank you for making a decision  Things were getting a little out of control. The images that were being presented were not real which leads to unrealistic expectations from new and older members. Some times we all forget we are simple cross dressers most just sometimes and in the closet. Learning how to cross dress properly without going through all of the expense and disappointment of trying to get it right. The more we can keep it real the easier it will be on those who just want to be simple cross dressers with a little color of course.

Luv Stephanie

Rachel M
      Lady

Sally raised a good question.

Photo enhancement software has come a long way, when properly used, the changes are imperceptible unless you are a photo forensic expert. You will have to meet the person in the picture to tell a fake photo. If you spot an obvious enhanced picture, how is that different from an animated picture, both obvious and neither show the face of the real person. Do you really believe that you can judge a person’s honesty by the “real” images they post here?

If you want to know a person warts and all, boy or girl mode don’t just click the friend request, meet the person face to face and spend some time with them because there is no substitute.

Personally, it’s one’s inner beauty that means far more to me than their outside.
      Instead of concerning so much about how good a person may or may not look, how about focus on the comments they post here at CDH. Also, it’s not CDH’s place or anyone here to determine if one is delusional or not. Why not judge them by the words they post here, are they caring and supportive of the sisters here and are they contributing to our little community?

There are different opinions/preferences among us, period. And of course, CDH administration has the right to set the rules to this forum. However, this subject has time and again come up and has divided us enough, let’s focus on how to support each other and have fun. That is the reason we are here, right?

Rachel M

Anonymous

Hello Rachel.

I think you are taking this to the extreme. Yes, there will be fakes who will make it through. Same way like you or anybody is friends in real life without really knowing them, not even family members.
      So, while nobody would be able to prevent fakes, that doesn’t mean that we let it be free for all. But I’ll keep on doing my best in my area. And you get it wrong. I’m not trying to judge the person. I judge the images, that’s it.

Since most of the people here will not end up meeting in person, which is the ideal scenario you present so we could really get to know them, we will keep on doing our moderation job based on the reality in CDH, where most of the people is here for support and friendship, while more than a few have very different intentions.

Also, nobody is asking people to stop supporting each other. Images or not, that doesn’t change, or shouldn’t change, at least.

Gabriela

I have no problem with your guidelines.  But . . . we are all on a journey of sorts and I’m disappointed when members judge other’s intent.  Our CD behavior, I believe, is driven by individual objectives, unique to each of us.  For me, I don’t enjoy altered photos because they don’t speak the truth about what a member can achieve within themselves.  For personal reasons, I cannot remove my facial or body hair – it’s part of the deal!  So, I usually blur my face or turn away from the camera.  Some others have asked why and I’ve replied truthfully.  Nonetheless, when members imply that there is a nefarious nature to not revealing our faces, I believe they are narrow minded.  I’m grateful to those members who can achieve a lovely feminine face for sharing.  I know that I have done a better job than many at achieving a pleasing feminine physique – I’m grateful for that gift & I work at it.  Our discussions of the methods we use to look more feminine are a significant benefit of our memberships.  Someday, if I cut a better deal, I may benefit from the advice of those who use makeup to enhance their features.  Right now, I hope others benefit from my explanations of how I’ve used exercise, foundation garments, and style choices to better replicate the feminine form.  So, while I agree that pictures should speak the truth, I understand the constraints within which we live!

FAM

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Falecia McGuire. Reason: Spell check screw up!
        Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Hi Falecia!  I hear what you are saying, it is true we are all on our own uniquely individual journeys, something which I believe enriches this site with diversity.   Variety is the wonderful spice of life afterall.  Site staff are not here to judge anyone at all!  The concern is primarily with ensuring a safe and secure place free of trolls for us all to enjoy.  If anyone receives  derogatory and insulting comments from a member, please contact an ambo or manager, that sort of behavior is unacceptable!

I know this can be a contentious subject, and fully understand some not wanting to fully reveal themselves for various reasons:  shyness, fear of outing, fear of an enraged wife, etc.  I have no issues whatsoever  with someone turning their head, or wearing a mask or sunglasses on their face.  Its seeing the face of a barbie doll that makes me sad.  I’d rather see a picture of someone standing semi hidden in the shadows than seeing something which too often is so blatantly false.

I’d like to look better (and younger!!), but I don’t, and I can live with what I have.

Stevie 🙂

BillieJay
        Managing Ambassador

These are good points.
        Personally I was here over a year before anyone saw my face. Painted toes, legs, skirt, that was it.
        The moderators have to draw a line somewhere, otherwise we’re back to having trolls asking to kik all day in chat and belittling our members.
        Some of our staff specialize in moderating the forums, some in images, and others, like myself, in chat. We each face our own challenges, and I can tell you personally that Gaby got lots of feedback and advice before presenting this change to the managers. It wasn’t an easy choice. But when we have a small number of members pushing the moderators we had to make a call.

Just a quick question… we’re only talking software enhanced photos, right? My profile pic is unretouched me. Just not all of me. (I like to think my best features). Doesn’t show my face to maintain a little anonymity.That would still be okay I assume.

Shy Clara

Anonymous

It is certainly ok Clara. No worries.

I agree whole heartedly. But I’m not judging anyone. I must be a little slow although I do

only view a fraction of the photos. I can’t spot a fake

I like Faceapp, and really don’t see the problem.

People have used avatars and even imageless profiles.

I don’t like this decision, the reasons given serm entirely baseless and a rather petulant “I don’t like FaceApp”.

I don’t want to remove my one, lovely, clearly FaceApped picture – and will leave it there.

If the admins choose to remove it, I will feel sad, as I have already been blocked from uploading new images due to accidental rule breaking.

I have nothing else to say on this subject right now, as it’s clear I’m in a minority.

Anonymous

Laura,

When you use an avatar (say, a drawing) or just don’t use any image, nobody (well, scratch that, most of the people) is going to believe that the image in that avatar is how you can make yourself look in person. When you use a Faceapp image, and you are honest about it, and even when people gives you a compliment you say something like “Thanks, that is my goal image, still working on it” I don’t have any problem with that. But when users post a Faceapp (or any other software enhancing or morphing software) app, and then they say “Yes, this is me. I’m this pretty when I roll out of bed everyday”, that is what is a problem.
        You don’t see all the photos that are submitted to this site and how people claim it is really them even after you find the original in a magazine or in a website. We do. People who are users who count on how most people here is like agent Moulder… they want to believe! They forget that the same person who claims now to be a beautiful postop (or on the way) who is dating all these guys who don’t even know about “her past”, used to post months ago how she was 6’2″ and now it happens that she is 5’8″, etc. But I digress.
        I like Faceapp, and I had fun with it. But I don’t like how people missuses it and how when they do that, they discourage those who are trying hard to look the best they can, and they see others who look “so pretty” and get discouraged by not being able to look like that. And your argument of how it seems based on a petulant “I don’t like faceapp” is easily applied to those who think that it must be accepted because they like it.

Gabriela

It probably is, but I still hold that opinion, petulant or not, except a bit more now you’ve explained it so eloquently.

Thank you.

First off, thanks all our moderators. They do an outstanding and often difficult job of herding us cats so we don’t march ourselves like lemmings off cliffs with tangents and mixed metaphors. So kudos to you girls!

That said, I have mixed feelings about this decision. Granted, I’ve had my share of cringe over various face-altering software (mostly on the part of GGs, if that’s relevant here). That said, speaking personally most of what I do is smoke and mirrors. I just happen to be more adept at it with a good wardrobe and makeup palette than with a software suite. Does that make my approach as an illusionist more respectable or acceptable than one who chooses to/is capable of/gifted in doing so through photomanipulation? I know a few girls whose faces we would not see at all here were it not for such software (due to shyness, facial hair, etc.) and while I no longer count myself among their number that does not lessen my empathy.

Surely there’s a middle ground to be found to minimize trolling behavior while validating those girls for whom such software is a stepping stone to being seen by the community/the world at large?

Just my $.02. <3

Anonymous

Hi All,

This pot has been stirred before, so I’m wary of going there, but …

Seems like a deal for both sides of the debate. No more enhanced public photo / avatars, but faceappers can play to their hearts content in private mode.

Marti xxx

Hmm, I understand the reasoning. Those who alter everything are not being totally honest, However as a fairly new member without a little alteration on my early photos I probably would not of posted them.

For me it was about building confidence as my Crossdressing progressed and I only used minor changes to enhance the facial features as I only use the free version of the App. Now a am little more confident I do not use the App every time on my photos.

Also need to note that for me it is just not about the face when I view the photos here,  I am looking at everything including but not limited to Pose, Style, accessories, shoes etc…

This decision may knock  the confidence of some members when waiting to show off their style.

Madison R
        Lady

I agree with what Sarah has written 100%.

Using FaceApp increased my confidence immensely to the point that I have evolved from a profile photo created in FaceApp but still with my features, to one that is purely me with makeup I’ve applied. In fact I have a comparison photo dressed the same way with FA taken several weeks ago, to the one where I did the makeup. They are barely distinguishable.

To add to that, like others here I’m working in Photoshop every day. If I really wanted to change things I could do so easily and most people would have no idea. So that kills any rule anyway.

But playing devils advocate, what if my thing is that I don’t want to see guys in beards, or visible body hair, dressed in women’s clothing? Yet that would be acceptable within the rules. We are all on different stages of a journey and every position should be accepted, whether you makeup, don’t or decide to enhance the image. Those who have developed the skills to pass here through their own efforts should be valued just as much as those who need help at the beginning, or elect not to use makeup.

In all honesty if that rule had been in when I joined I wouldn’t have posted a single image, and would have taken the friends I’ve met here to alternative forms of communication. And if that becomes a rule I’m not sure I’ll add any more images even though I don’t necessary need an app now.

I just see a simple solution by making it a rule (it shouldn’t need to be a rule, it’s a simple courtesy) that says any modified images have to say so.

After all, every image in FaceApp says so in the bottom right hand corner …

Anonymous

Madison, no, they don’t have the faceapp watermark for their “premium users” who pay for the app.
          Yes, we already had the request to indicate if your photo is altered by apps like that, which maybe 10% of those posting faceapp photos follow.
          If you wanted to upload photoshopped photos of yourself it is likely you would be able to do so without being detected. After all I am not (none of us are) photo forensic experts, as it was pointed out before.
          Most of us Ambassadors have full time jobs, so believe me, you can beat us and post fake images and unbelievable stories because there will be some willing to believe those. Of course, I still can’t see the excitement and sense of achievement of having people telling me how beautiful the manipulated bytes in “my image” are.
          Is that what a support site should be? To me, I gained a whole lot more confidence from those who made comments about my photos 25 years ago, good or bad, but all me. And those who say how what is inside is what matters most, I wonder why so many people daring to post their real photos in public for the first time don’t get any of your support.
          And you are trying to compare real people with a mustache or body hair who are being THEMSELVES with images who are NOT realistic representations of those individuals.

Gabriela

Rachel M
            Lady

Hi Gabriela,

“…..And those who say how what is inside is what matters most, I wonder why so many people daring to post their real photos in public for the first time don’t get any of your support.”

Can you please clarify how you come to that conclusion?

Rachel M

Rachel M
            Lady

Hi Gabriela,

“…And those who say how what is inside is what matters most, I wonder why so many people daring to post their real photos in public for the first time don’t get any of your support.
            And you are trying to compare real people with a mustache or body hair who are being THEMSELVES with images who are NOT realistic representations of those individuals.”

I failed to understand what compel or justification for you to make this statement. I am not infallible; I am ok if you constructively critical of my comments or hold a different opinion from me but making baseless accusation/assumption to support your point of view is appalling. They discourage open discussion and the hope of a productive dialog. It’s divisive and not supportive of anyone.

I do admit that I benefited more from the encouragement and wisdoms from all the ladies here than I have contributed. Maybe I didn’t say it often or clear enough, I wholeheartedly support and grateful for all the brave girls that put their real face forward in this forum as well the fearless ladies that step out into the world and claim their rightful space in the greater community, thank you for blazing a trail for us to follow.

Rachel M

Anonymous

Good call!

I also have mixed feelings about this. Many of my early photos were heavily photoshopped because I had no idea how to apply makeup and had only a cheap costume store wig. Digitally enhancing those photos was a way for me to begin exploring my femininity. As I got better at applying makeup, and purchased more wigs, makeup, etc., my use of photo editing software was reduced. Rather than applying most of my makeup digitally, I could now focus on making the smaller changes beauty magazines have always made: reducing wrinkles, removing blemishes or beauty marks, correcting lighting and color saturation, replacing backgrounds and cropping, etc. Yes, I am digitally enhancing them, but the photos are still me. If I walked into a room with my makeup on you would still be able to recognize me, you’d just think my picture was a few years old and I had a rough night.

I wish there was another solution, such as a separate gallery clearly marked “enhanced” photos. I actually never used Face App until I saw this post, but I’ve been playing around with it and it’s a lot of fun. Especially using the “age change” feature. It may not be an accurate depiction of what I would have looked like 30 years ago, but it’s nice to think that I could have looked that beautiful!! To me, it’s just another form of feminine fantasy artwork.

Anonymous

Hello Gabriela….best wishes, it’s a tough job you do and it’s appreciated xx

Okay….I have been reading all of the responses and there are wonderful replies…..but it seems to me there are really two choices for profile pictures especially.

If you are not yet ready to reveal yourselves…..use an avatar.

If / when you are confident enough, use your own pictures.

Please just be yourselves

Simples!!!!

Whichever you use, you are still an important part of cdh…..just be honest…

Grace xx

Hi everyone. I support the stand on photo shopped  pictures . I believe that your photos should be your true self, a cross dresser. Sure put on some makeup just like any woman would do going out for the day. Then submit your photos.Love Teri

I don’t suppose it really matters at the end of the day. Might be nice to have a ‘dream look’ section where folks could post images that have been doctored to look how they’d like to look.

But either way, if I get dressed up and put on some slap then I’m going to do my level best to find good light, strike a flattering pose – make sure the camera beauty filter is on – and take 40 photos to choose which one is best.

And really, that’s what any girl is gonna do when she’s trying to get a flattering photo 🙂 xx

To the moderators of the site, bless you, its one of the hardest jobs to do and nobody truly can appreciate the work you put in until they do it themselves.

I mentioned my feelings on my personal use of Faceapp and other photo enhancements in another thread so im not going to re-hash it.

I personally as a new crossdresser entering into this community was very intimidated regarding my face being shown. I think part of that is comparing myself to others. This kind of delves into the current social issue of unrealistic standards being set and how that can effects others. I think a tag or a section would be a good compromise for those kind of images but as it was stated in another post some people claim that the image is them. So lets say half the community did this without restriction or moderation I dont think I would have been able to post my first set of face pics at least not for a long time. The standard that I wold gauge myself by would be impossible for me to deal with. I may not have even kept practicing my makeup to get where I am now and Im still a long way from where I think my image is good.

I am still very new compared to many of you wonderful ladies on the site so my opinion carries little weight but I do think there needs to be some kind of restriction or moderation on these kind of images.

I have refrained from commenting on this post, so far, because for some it is a contentious issue,(funny, as drab me I dont mind conflict, but shrink from it as Regine?)
      However, I must post my opinion.
      Besides with my wife, CDH is the only place I can truly be “me”, honestly, and so what I post, must show, the true me, not an altered or contrived version.
      my opinion only
      Hugs, Regine👸💕

Melinda
      Lady

I didn’t realize this was even an issue. I am completely ok with digitally altered pictures, but I respect those who disagree. Early on, I only posted pics where my face was obscured by hair or my back was to the camera if that suggestion helps those who are afraid of discovery but still want to post photos.

Anonymous

I am circling back around to this post after having given it some thought. I have nothing to be ashamed of, and think I look pretty good at 65! My new profile pic was taken last night just after I finished my makeup, and it was the first time I felt totally confident that my image was one of confidence, acceptance, femininity…and sexiness. No filters, bright lighting and hope you all agree that I look happy! This is who I am…

Haley😘

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Wow.  Darn right you have nothing to be ashamed of!  That is a great looking picture Haley!

Anonymous

Love your picture Haley…if YOU are happy, what else matters???

Anonymous

Well, being happy definitely matters, as does not looking foolish! I have a vain streak a mile wide, and I want to present myself accordingly. I don’t want to stand out to anyone unless they are looking because they like the way I look😉

Haley😘

Anonymous

Lovely pic!

But, even if it wasn’t, you’d still have nothing to be ashamed of.   Beauty comes in many forms, the least important of which is our appearance.

Anonymous

I agree, but I do enjoy feeling like I look good. The harder I have worked to make myself able to at least think I appear fem, the more I appreciate the feminine traits, qualities and look of so many other women…and the more I wonder if some ever looked in the mirror before they left the house! After spending many years being “the go to guy”, I just want someone to hug me and tell me, “Damn girl, you look good!”🤣🤣

But…I get it. My heart defines me way more than how I look

Anonymous

“Damn, girl, you look good.” You really do.

Hugs,
            Bettylou

Anonymous

I could not have said it better myself…wait, I did say it🤣🤣

Haley😘

Anonymous
        Lady

You look very pretty Haley.

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

I ‘m ok with this. If want to use modifiers or enhancements  you can. it just needs to go in private gallery.

In compliance with this, I have removed all my FaceApped pictures, and am using an avatar, as recommended.

Ah ha! Now we can see through all that digital hocus pocus and finally see the real you!  : )

Clara

Aye, my days of faking it are over 🤣

https://youtu.be/91D58RuHyVU

Hi Laura OMG How did you find that one ?

It’s in the CDH provided avatar selection.

I was tempted by the purple haired ones, but those would be a misrepresentation.

At the moment…

🤣😍😍😍

A new look AND a theme song…..you are makin’ it Ms Lovett! (you don’t mind if I call you “Ms”, do you?)

C

That’s been my theme song for nearly 3 years – as I pulled into the car park for the interview for my current job (which I love!), it was the one playing on my playlist.

I’m a sucker for really cheesy music!

Revel
            Baroness

Now that reply made me laugh! It was honest and funny at the same time. You really do have a sense of humor, sister. Peace.

Revel.

BillieJay
      Managing Ambassador

Nope. If I go to the store dressed, you’ll see me in makeup.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

And now I have an image of Kourtney sitting in the grass, wearing a big floppy hat and not much else….  Thanks Sam, lol.

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

True Steph.  I should have said that during this time of covid, I would understand a small mask.  For now.

Anonymous

It had been awhile, and it just felt so good!

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?