Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Until joining CDH I had never taken a photo of myself enfemme, apart from one selfie which i deleted straight away. I have very few shots of my self in male mode from my entire life, but am now rapidly filling up the computer’s memory with photos of Andrea. Judging by the seeming ever increasing photos published on here I’m not the only one. What is it that drives us to take so many photos? For me it’s partly to be able to compare my efforts and progress. It also helps with seeing the actual me and not what I think I’m seeing in the mirror, but as for the reason I take so many, I’ve no idea.

So ladies, Do you take a lot of photos, and if so do you know why?, and do you seem to be taking ever more? If you don’t take photos, do you know why? I’d love to hear your replies

I have noticed that even myself seem to take more pictures when I am dressed then when I’m not and saving them

Andrea,

I have loads of photos of myself for the reasons you mentioned, but also because it’s a record of my progress as a woman.  I usually take four shots per outfit; right side, left side, front with one leg up behind me against the wall, and one front with hands behind me.  This shows all aspects of me.  The leg up shot works better with shorter dresses and skirts.

Shots also help with checking out how jewelry accessories work or don’t work.

They do show I need to be more consistent in hair preparation!  🙂

Leah

Hi Andrea

For me it is so good to be able to share all my efforts with this community. Don’t know about you but sometimes hours seem to fly by putting on make up, getting the outfit ready (from getting the bodyshape right, lingerie, coordinating the outfit etc ), matching shoes and a purse with the outfit, accessories, hair etc etc. Most women who do this in their normal lives go to work, a night out, party etc, and can luxuriate in feeling their best, and receive compliments. For most of us we spend ages getting dressed, only to keep it a secret, only to get undressed again without ever being seen by another soul, or if we do go out try not to get noticed. There are exceptions, the beautiful ones with the inner courage to step out the door and metaphorically shout ‘look at me I’m gorg’ And quite right, if you got it flaunt it.

But for most of us the praise we get from our friends on this site is reward enough for all our efforts.

I also use it as a kind of self critique. It helps me decide what looks good on me and what doesn’t.

Love

Bianca❤️

Anonymous

I take pics to see my progression and also when I’m stuck in man mode or feeling a bit low, looking through them and seeing myself gives me a little boost

Rach xx

Anonymous

I don’t take many pics, I’m camera shy and when I was at work I was worried they’d end up in the wrong place and I would get busted. Now I’m retired I take a few more.

Xan
      Lady

The article Linda shared the other week – “Thoughts about being Transgender” – linked to a blog post on trans cafe called “Seventeen Signs I was Transgender and Didn’t Know It.” Sign number 8 is, “I loved looking in the mirror, but avoided being in front of a camera.” That pretty much describes me, although I hadn’t ever considered this quality might be related to gender identity before. But this dynamic changes dramatically when I’m dressed.

Photos of my femme self are a powerful way to bridge the gap between how I sometimes perceive myself and how I usually appear/present. I can pull up a photo of myself looking pretty and feminine, and it’s a needed reminder to myself that 1) there’s more to me than most people know, 2) I am making progress, and 3) femininity isn’t just some pipe dream, but it’s a document-able reality.

Whomever coined the line “take a picture – it’ll last longer” was onto something, eh?

I’ve been thinking about that very thing. When en femme, I love to look at myself in the mirror, walk in front of the mirror, take pictures, and I even have a friend I send all the pictures to. It seems to feed me after decades of being starved.

There’s another part to this that is really hard to admit, so I think I’ll share more about that in a new article or post., when I have time to explore it.

Anonymous

For me its progression. I like seeing where im improving or need to work on.

When i dress up, its a absolute fun time.

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

Every time I cross dress I take photos. In a way it’s like when we stand in front of a mirror to see how we look once cross dressed. In some ways it’s better then a mirror because we capture the look.

I must admit I don’t take many photos, actually almost none. This is not to say I don’t like photos but the action of taking does not come about for me. I am much more likely and do take photos when I’m with a friend or group of friends but alone just the occasional pic. When I first started dressing complete I did take many but as I became comfortable in my female presence that need or want faded. Now it would be like “Why would I randomly take a photo of my male side when out?”-do you take photos of your male self when out-of course not. Lately I have taken a few for my diary but beyond this don’t foresee a change.

Sandy

Erica
      Lady

Hi, I’m so glad you posted this…I’m just a newbie but I started taking pix of my self “enfemme” a few months ago when I decided to really commit myself to being a cross dresser. I bought clothes, make up and so forth in dribs and drabs on line because I was (and still am) to embarrassed to go into a store and buy it there. It is sort of a time line of my progress for me. Looking at the first few I can’t believe the difference from then to now…I hope to continue to see improvements, if I ever meet anyone local If could befriend someone who has more experience than I who could give me tips on all aspect of cross dressing I’m sure there would be a big change.

I also did it because when I did commit myself to this endeavor I also decided to loose weight so I could maybe stay away from all the XXXXXL stuff and get into more common clothing. Since I started I happy to say I lost 25 lbs and my target weight is about another 20. I have already had to store half the stuff I bought just a month and a half ago which is a good thing in one way.  well that’s my explanation…was this helpful?????

Thank you all for replying to this topic, I really do appreciate you all for taking the time to put your thoughts on this subject. Thank you!

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?