• This topic has 44 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi Ladies.

Happy Pi day!

The sweet or savory dish called pie is thought to get its name from the Magpie.  Pie evolved as a way to incorporate whatever game and veggies were handy into a neat, one-pot meal. As magpies are known for gathering knickknacks in their nests, prototypical pie chefs were known to toss just about anything edible in the savory filling.

Alice

I’m making Poacher’s Pie, Paul Hollywood’s book, How to Bake, page 297. Dessert is Chocolate Almond Cake, page 234.

Enjoy Robyn!

Alice

This could go on forever…

Hi Laura,

Pi day is today 3/14 so only lasts a day.

Alice

Better not eat too much PI – I hear it’s bad for the circumference.

😘

Love Laura

Good suggestion Laura.  Not so good if you want to lose weight either.

Alice

Anonymous

My nan used to make them the same shape as grandads lunchbox….they fit perfectly…

im sure she never knew anything about pi squared.

(not THAT lunchbox!!!)

Pi squared is very close to g.

In other words, pie squared becomes close to gravity, which explains why you can’t stand up after eating that much PI.

Of course, my mathematics were off in my joke, because everyone knows that it’s 2 pi R which gives the circumference, but if you eat the whole area, that’s pie arse squared.

At my school, we had a tuck shop, and the boxes we kept our sandwiches in were known as tuck boxes – so you could get a square pie in there, together with your banana and a couple of plums.

Did I say something wrong?

For a moment, I thought I could feel someone spitting out their drink all over this post…

Love

Laura

That was me, had to laugh!

Bridgette

Anonymous

Haha….as long as your plums are tucked daily into your lunchbox…what more do you need!!!!

Nothing I like better than tucking into a lunchbox.

Yummy plums!

(Race you to the naughty corner…)

Anonymous

Hi Alice…

I didn’t know it was pie day….but i did have pork pie with branston pickle for tea….

the secret is to cut the pie horizontally half way up… lift off the top half, smear the inside with pickle and put the top back on…yummy xx.

Pie eyed grace ❤️

Today is a beautiful day to threw and get pies in the face.

Ahhh… the life of Pi!

Pi r2, the length of Pi , pies… the Australian go to food… square pies, apricot pies(!), salmon pies….
      Where to start or rather where to stop? Pi to how many digits? How many digits do you need to eat a Pi?

Pinomenal Polly

Hi Polly,

The “Life of Pi.”  Wasn’t that a movie title?

Alice

Yes… quite a bizarre movie!

Anonymous

Love that film….on the lifeboat with that tiger… yikes!!!

But if you divide a bovine circumference by it’s diameter, does that give you a cow pi?

PaulaF

Anonymous

Brilliant…did you get the recipe from Desperate Dan???

Grace, not sure just who Dangerous Dan is.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Haha….sorry, lost in translation… Desperate Dan was a comic book character…a mountain of a man….who ate cow pies…xx

Ewww!!

Bridgette

EEEWWWW!!!! in all caps with exclamation marks.

PaulaF

I do hope for his sake that UK cow pies are much, much different from Texas cow pies.  Ours can be used for campfires when dry, but I don’t think anyone ever ate one.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Haha….THOSE are called cowpats here….i dont THINK anyone has eaten one!!!!

Ive trodden in a few…

If you’re in need of comfort, sit behind a cow and might get a pat on the back 😆😆😆

Love Laura

Pi, is a” MUST HAVE” .  PY loves pie’s. Pyxx.

Anonymous

For possibly the first (and probably last) time ever, I’m going to introduce a not-that-daft element to this…  Yes, the etymology of “pie” probably comes from a reference to the “pica pica” or “margot” in old French dialect – margot providing the “Mag” bit and “pica” providing the pie.  According to the RSPB, the magpies diet is based on invertebrates “such as beetles, flies, caterpillars, spiders, worms and leatherjackets.” The Vegetarian Society has no problem with the modern day usage of the term – but can we all please remember that 1) pies are usually excessive and un-necessary calories, and 2) if related to Magpies, unethical by reason of a) (usually) meat, and b) (usually) invertebrates…  O.K:  I realise I’m stretching a point here, but:  avoid pies – go Vegetarian!  Especially as the Magpies are currently making a real mess of my allotment……

Now waits for much deserved slagging off… but still says to go Vegetarian!  Ethical Inga.

Anonymous

But the “excessive and unnecessary calories” are the best part!!

🥧🍺

Diana

Anonymous

I only need to look at my excessive waistline to Know how right you are……  Why can’t red wine be calorie free?  Irritated Inga.

yes!!!

Aha!  There’s that common language thingy again that separates us more than the big pond does.  Makes me think I won’t ask for a pat of butter for my pancake’s if I ever make it over.  Love it.  Hugs Grace, and  Steph and everyone else with those sexy dialects.

PaulaF

Anonymous

I wont look at the recipe, let me guess….

1.     Take one cow……

Smiles, grace xx

Anonymous

Sorry, i forgot about you vegans…..

1.   Take one vegetarian cow…..

Oooops 💚💚

Welllll…. they do look sort of like cow pies, but the color is a little off.

That much chocolate has to be good though.

Maybe drop them on the cookie sheet from about 4 feet.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.

Grace?  Aren’t all cows vegetarian?

PaulaF

Anonymous

It was easy to spot a desperate dan cow pie…

huge, and a thick crust…with two horns sticking through it..!!!

Anonymous

Exactly…so why can’t everyone eat them???…..vegans are good for you

That’s how I get most of my leafy nutrients, cows eat plants, I eat cows, cows no longer pass methane.  Win/win/win.

Not trying to be mean, I just like meat.

PaulaF

Anonymous

Vegans are VERY good for you – and us lacto/ovo vegetarians are right in the same channel!  A question I really, really have to ask though:  I could never, ever kill an animal; killing is WRONG.  You ladies who eat meat know at the back of your minds that you are indeed killing; maybe not directly, but without you, it would not happen…  I couldn’t contemplate this.  Please can you tell my how you can?  I’m not trying to be controversial or offensive, but I genuinely cannot understand how people can do this.  Sorry:  please don’t be offended.  Inga.

Anonymous

I love a good debate – especially with you, Steph!  Yes – or course it’s O.K. for a lion to eat a zebra or a shark (or polar bear) to eat a fish.  They don’t have the level of sentience required to decide not to!  “I think, therefore I am”:  I can write this note and therefore have the level of conscience required to decide NOT to kill; lions, sharks and polar bears do not.  No – human beings do not have to kill to exist:  the fact that I am still alive and able to send this note proves that.  Yes; I realise that there are many people who do not have the option to decide what to eat, but if the “food chain” had not been corrupted in the first place (remember – roughly 10 lb of vegetable matter is needed to produce 1 lb of animal matter) they wouldn’t have to make that decision – there would be enough vegetarian food in the first place, and in not that long a time, the production sequence could be put back to it’s more natural state whereby those extra 9 lb could be given straight to the needy humans.  Nature can indeed be raw and cruel:  homo sapiens have the choice not to be.  So why shouldn’t we?  By the way – always lovely to hear from you!  Inga:  XOXOXO

Anonymous

P.S.  Don’t get me on to the NEVER EXISTED god…

Anonymous

Well……  no.  My existence does NOT prove the need for any of my ancestors to have been either carnivorous or omnivorous – or are you saying that a vegetarian/vegan diet ensures an early death?  If so, please explain how come I am able to send this note…

No-one claims Fred Flintstone corrupted any food chains (but he did contribute to the extinction of the woolly mammoth…)  And what he or Barney Rubble did then doesn’t alter the fact that neither thee nor me needs to do it now!  (Humans used to bait bears, eat Dodos and keep people as slaves based on the colour of their skin.  Don’t you think that we should have grown out of that by now?)  Fred could have survived back then – in the same way we do now!  The only difference that may have occurred was the potential for human migration from East Africa to have occurred at a slightly slower rate; and that’s supposed to be a problem?  If Fred wanted to kill a mammoth – well, doesn’t that just make him the same as you?  If he had – and was able to process – the information (including the horrific effects that meat eating is having  on the environment) then wouldn’t he have also realised that livestock farming is NOT a good idea?  What did Fred eat in the winter?  Well, when hominids were restricted to Africa, it wasn’t so much of a problem, was it?  Yes, the migration to Europe and Asia posed new problems – but that is looking at what happened a long, long time ago – NOT what the reality is now!  And when a more “formal” style of agriculture started is of little importance; I have to ask why you feel my family history is from the “rich west”:  no, I’m not living in Yemen at the moment, being bombed out of existence by the Saudi, British and U.S. authorities, but I’m rather glad that I’m not!  People living in Yemen, Tigre, Occupied Palestine and the like may not have much of a choice:  you and I DO.

Militant Inga!!!

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Pi Day’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?