Viewing 31 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

this should be interesting. how many picture of you do you take a week when your dressed?

i personally don’t take any pictures of myself dressed or in man mode. but i know lots of you do and some might even be called picture whores.

Prudence
      Ambassador

Hi Rachel. I usually take a couple when I go out dressed. Need some new outfits though. giggle! n I have maybe 5 as a guy. 4 too many,   Hugs Pru

Anonymous

I have others take photos. I like to see how I look , color combos, jewelry, hair color/ dos.

I take a few in a long , full length mirror. I am rarely happy with pics. I just use my phone, no equipment. I hate my ” smile” or lack of one. Sun makes me squint, & I do wear Sunglasses, maybe I should leave them on & be Marlena Dietrich!!

I do like to be dramatic, & have been Taught How to stand to be photographed.

Dr.T.J.

Anonymous

I have a camera set on a tripod , and I take a few shots whenever I try on a new outfit – which is usually twice a week. They are transferred to my desktop PC, where over half are deleted, and the rest edited and stored in an album. Since I promised myself I would actually wear all of those clothes I have been bringing home over the past few months, I have been a busy girl trying to keep that promise.

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Anonymous

I don’t take very many pictures. I like to dress up a few times a week and just be myself. My camera is old and I don’t have a tripod. It just isn’t a priority right now.

Great question, when I have the rare opportunity to dress, I like to take as many photos as possible.   So I voted 21 to 49.

Jennifer

I checked 1 to 10. Honestly I’m pretty bad about taking pictures and at times never take any especially if I’m out solo which is often. It seems kind of odd taking pictures of me-I don’t do it as a guy so why in fem-besides I am never very happy with the ones I take. If I meet someone then I do like photos though it still does not always happen.

For around the last 5ish years I have kept a Diary of each time I go out and in the last few years I have gotten more active with photos (usually a selfie) to accompany my days activity. Extremely rare I read these but I do post (some) as a blog and am surprised how many views they receive.

Sandy

Anonymous

Lol I said over 50. I have a Flickr account that has close to 1000 pics on it. And the funny part is a lot of them are the same selfie type pics.

Ahh… nearly all of my pics are taken by my wife! She is very keen to document my journey and gets as excited as I when I get something new to wear. Immediate fashion show… strutting the runway! That’s how I learnt to walk in stilettos.
      I sometimes take selfies when I want to check makeup for effect though I tend not to keep too many of those. I do have a 2TB Hdd with all the images saved but I will have to go through them one day on a major purge. I do a lot of photography as a graphic designer and I have terabytes of saved images on multiple devices/drives.
      I do encourage my wife to use a camera but she prefers her iPhone although the image resolution and lowlight capabilities aren’t especially wonderful.

Oops… ‘mansplaining’ warning! Polly

Amy Myers
        Baroness

Polly, interesting as that is what my wife says too! She enjoys the “fashion show” I put on when I get some new clothes, which is all too often I must confess!

Amy

Polly,
        You are so fortunate with your wife being so interested in and supportive of your journey and keeping a photographic record too!
        HildaRuth 💋💋

On days where I dress I will take about 10 and get rid of some.  So for week I would say over 50.  Just depends on the outfit too.

I take 4 or 5 shots each time I dress to document my journey. I store them on an SD card off my phone.

I would say about as many as I do when I am in drab mode…close to zero. I have come to see and treat dressing as a regular everyday thing when the desire strikes me and don’t view it as an event. By doing this I feel that I have become better at not objectifying women, “their” clothes or treat dressing as a fetish. I do look and scrutinize my appearance in the mirror although I do not document it. As I’ve quoted Eddie Izzard before “They’re not women’s clothes, they’re my clothes. I bought them.”

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Jamie Taal.
      Rayna Carlian
      Duchess

Closer to one or two than anywhere near 10…

I’m looking to see how something fits(or doesn’t).

And to see if I did a horrible job on my face.

I’m not at all confident about my appearance, so, not a selfie activist 😉

xoxo

Rayna

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I usually take pictures when dressed, but not always.  I posted in 1-10 choice, which is more or less accurate, though sometimes it is much more than that. My family even gave me the remote release for my camera last fall for my birthday so I don’t need to use the self timer all of the time. Though often my wife takes pictures of me as well. Then I always try to get a few when I’m out with friends, like I used to do a few times a month before the pandemic changed our lives.

Why? I’m not sure, but as others have said it is at least in part to document my journey, but also to remember my outfits, sometimes to post or send to my friends. Lots I delete, and just keep one or two of each outfit or event.

Amy

Peta Mari
      Lady

I take pictures to check my look. When I experiment with makeup, or hair do. Different styes of sun, or reading glassrs, earrings  outfit fit etc.

The picture doesn’t lie. Often when i think I’m smiling  its more of a grimmace.

Its helped my makeup skills a lot. Though barefaced honesty ( pun intended) is needed..

I am like @jenniferw, when I have the opportunity to dress I take a lot of photos – probably more than 50. Of course, I take so many to try to get, if I am lucky, 5-10 which are acceptable for posting.

I picked 1 to 10 a week, simply because I do take some on occasion, but that would be the absolute maximum.  Geesh, I don’t even own a selfie stick, and if I get out my camera to take some, I have to find the thumb drive that has the operator manual on it so I can work the timer.

Ol’ Grumpy hasn’t even had a pic taken probably since he had to get one for his security guard ID card 8 years ago.  Others (sister, nieces, friends) have taken many pictures of me though.  One of the girls I like to party with can’t believe that being a Trans Girl, I haven’t just filled several albums with pics.  I guess that may be a stereotype I have avoided.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Paula F.
      Anonymous

This in part was why I gave up and deleted all the Youtube, Twitter and other social media accounts I used to have! It’s all too consuming and takes way too much effort to commit to consistently. To remove that from my life was such a relief! It also freed up so much time and energy! I maybe take 2-3 a week *IF* I’m in the mood, I often even feel that can be too much too! I just don’t have the interest to invest in such pursuits anymore!..

Thanks! x

ChloeC
      Duchess

So, when I’m dressed, I’ll take several, 3-5,(or more if I have time for changes) but I haven’t done as much dressing in the past 10 months for the obvious reason.

I LIKE TO SEE IF AM APPLYING MY MAKEUP ON THE SAME, OR GAINING WEIGHT. OR HOW MY OUTFITS LOOK, OR JUST WANT TO SEE IF THERE ARE ANY CHANGES. I WILL SEND THEM TO A COUPLE OF PEOPLE, TO LET THEM SEE HOW I LOOK.

Hippie
      Lady

I know I look good, no matter what I wear. With that said, I don’t take photographs of myself. I find it to be a waste of film.(Yeah, I’m a Film Only Camera Guy, Never owned a digital camera)I do landscape and wildlife photography, not people.

Besides, I look so damn good that the camera might break in the shock of my great looks.

Hippie

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Rachel, even though I voted “none”, I take maybe 20 fotos a year.  I’ve posted a few so far, both in the public and my private foto gallery here on this website.  I used to take a lot more fotos when I first got started crossdressing, but it has been of less importance to me nowadays.  I couldn’t imagine being a “photo whore”; just not my style.  But hats off to those who are.  Makes our world interesting that we are all different.   Stay safe, stay healthy, Hugs, Krista.

I never used to take pictures. I was afraid I could be blackmailed. Lately I would love to get caught. Not really ashamed of my pictures either. People see them on my phone I’m cool with it. I even posted one in a review of a skirt that I bought.

Except for my CDH profile photo, my first selfie, taken in August 2019; I’ve never taken photos of myself dressed en fem until late August into mid September 2020. I took photos of 6 different outfits with my phone and saved the best photo of each outfit.

Anonymous

Rachel. Sporadically. Usually when I feel “pinkest “. And now, sorry to admit, only for me. I have felt violated in the past by seduction. Never that revealing but coming to the realization th as t I was feeding someone’s fantasy. I really liked one of the comments about sending a photo along with comment on something you bought.
      Thanks Rachel. P

Anonymous

It sort of depends on the situation for me. I’ll probably take 1 or 2 every time, but if I have a new outfit to show off or some other specific activity/event/whatever I’m trying to share with my tiny Instagram following, I’ll take more. Most of those end up getting cut mind you, so for every 50 pics I take, probably 5 or so actually make it online…

Katey Doe
      Lady

I only take a few pictures and TBH its only to critique myself. The pictures get deleted quick. Besides I don’t take good pictures one I can never get the right angle.

Anonymous

I picked between 10 and 20 i usually take when I’m dressed as Rozalyne,

2020 was a strange year because of the lock down I’d not been able to dress up as Rozalyne at all last year so i didn’t take any pictures at all,

I’m hoping 2021 will be a better year and i can get some Rozalyne time this year and get back to it being less stressful because when I’m Rozalyne my stress levels go down,

Hugs Rozalyne x

I picked 1-10, as I have my wife take a picture of each different outfit/ensemble.in fact, my 20 year old digital camera gave up the ghost last week, and I had to replace it immediately.
      I dont share them(except a few on here) and just keep them in a file on my laptop, so I can scroll and see what looks best, and what I want to look like tonight, or tomorrow.
      I never have to worry if something looks right, because she informs me before I get down the stairs, lol
      Hugs, Regi

I am on the high side, putting the 21-49 category.  But it’s not as high as it seems.  I have been going for a walk en femme outside whenever the weather permits it.  When I do, I usually take 5-7 photos.  So if I’m taking 6 photos 7 days a week it quickly adds up.

If I walk inside on my treadmill, I probably won’t take photos.

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

I didn’t vote but I took 60 in about 2 hours a couple of days ago . I’m kind of new here and new to completely dressing(used to be just an item or 2)I felt I was on a mission to have something to post here on CDH but ended up with only a couple I felt comfortable enough to share. The bad news is I didn’t get the perfect shot the good news is I get to try again. Can’t wait!

Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

I started a habit of taking selfies of me whenever I dress, no matter how good/bad it looks.
      Did look over some of them with our daughter and can see some progress in dressing. At the beginning it was mostly just feeling but since then I have started to think more about the look also.

One fun thing is that when dressed I takes selfies all the time but in drab I hate it, don’t have any male selfie with one exception, one selfie and that was for an ID card at work.

/kt

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

*Jill stares at floor while slowly raising hand*

I have been a photographer most of my adult life.  In my experience (not just with dressing) you get one true keeper or sequence of them out of about 100.  My method for as long as I’ve been taking self-pictures is to use a tripod and the camera’s interval timer, set to take 20-25 shots at a clip, 3-5 seconds apart.  Even the cheapest point and shoot digital cameras will have a feature that does something like this somewhere in the menus.  In a few hours I can easily rack up a couple of hundred shots and then take my pick of the best. I’ve had whole day sessions where I’ve gotten nothing, and others where I can’t choose my favorite from a sequence that took less than 2 minutes to shoot.

I was slow to adopt digital photography, because before that I took slides (thousands upon thousands of them, mostly of nature and railroad subjects) and was used to being able to tell immediately when I saw the result whether I got everything right.  With digital it is not like that, the image you remember is still hidden in there and you have to go dig it out.  So it needs to be adjusted for brightness, white balance, saturation, shadow/highlight, contrast, color… It took me a long time to learn and accept that just because the photos didn’t come out of the camera the way I had set it to, that I hadn’t failed at taking the picture like with a film slide.  Shots that at first look absolutely hopeless can be rescued, and sometimes the defects even work in your favor.

I can understand how what I’ve described could come off as obsessive and vain.  But its been such a part of the experience, especially in the phases I’ve been in, where I’ve constantly been figuring out next steps to take. There are a lot of things that you think you see in the moment, or miss in the moment, that are so different when you revisit them later.

Jill Marshall
      Duchess

They’ve come a long, long way, but I’ve still never used one for pictures while dressed, primarily because my only mobile is employer provided.  They definitely have a fish eye effect that distorts anything too close to the lens or too close to the edge of the frame; when taking drab selfies I hold the phone at eye level or above to compensate for that or else my forehead will look like a military radar.  The biggest weakness with mobile phone cameras though is the zoom functions, the picture quality drops off so substantially that I never use it.    For compositions standing at a distance that can be an issue.

What’s difficult about phones too is that they do so many things automatically, that on a basic camera can be controlled manually.  Particularly ISO (light sensitivity), and shutter speed.  In low or indoor light the phone sets the ISO higher so that the shutter speed can be faster-and higher ISO results in a grainier, noisier image.  On real camera, I set both as low as practical and its on me to stand still.

For indoor or outdoor, I almost always avoid a direct light sources, which throw harsh shadows.  The worst in my experience is top lighting, I’ve seen myself rendered as a forehead, nose, chin and cheeks and it doesn’t work at all!

On the plus side with phones, I have an iphone XR and now that the idea is to go to social media straight from the phone with whatever picture you’ve taken, the editing functions are much more complete. Hit the edit button and go exploring-brightening shadows, reducing contrast and adjusting white balance to compensate for indoor light are the first things I do to almost every shot I take.  In many ways the camera is more sensitive than the eye, and it what it sees has to be softened up to match what you see.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?