Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Well would you believe it, a meat and potato pie was named winner of the prestigious British Pie Award. Beating. More than 800 pies from 23 categories including 70 from the vegan category.
      Now I am definitely into steak and kidney pies, chicken and mixed vegetables,or a real Cornish meat and teddy pie,or a bacon and leek one too.
      What’s your favorite pies that make your mouth water.
      Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

Chicken and gravy nice Holly.

Ohhh thats a tough choice

I would have to go with freshly baked lemonn meringue pie,
      Or hot out of the oven cherry pie

I just realised that uk vs america is two different things, my apologies

A good steak and brown gravy tin pie with just a nice golden crisp across the top.

Anonymous

No Apologies Kyra, I hope we have all moved on from the war of independence. Mind you throwing pies at each other would have been a better option.
        Lol Amanda xx

Hi Amanda a wonderful hot Rhubarb pie fixes my sweet tooth well i like it tart even better ,, As for a meat pie yes like a beef stew sealed in to pie dough and crisp to perfection yummy on both ..

Stephanie Bass

Stevie Steiner
        Managing Ambassador

Mix in some strawberry with that rhubarb and I’ll be over for dessert Stephsnie! 😁

You got it Stevie love for the visit just let me know when coming will have it ready ..

Stephanie

Anonymous

Hope that’s an open invitation Stephanie, a lot of us will be coming over.
            Lol Amanda xx

Yes amanda it is everyone is invited just let me know when lots of pies to make ha ha ..

Stephanie

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Too funny, I was just thinking how quiet the culinary clique had become recently Amanda 😄.   Now there’s cheeseburgers and pie, my oh my!   In the dinner pie catagory theres nothing I love more than a good steak and mushroom pie Amanda, yum yum.  And, back while working all my years in the pubs, I developed a liking for scotch pies and mushy peas – a remarkably satisfying comfort food.

Stevie

Hmmm, can we put a cheeseburger in a pie?

🍔

Beth

Anonymous

pieburgers!!!….Beth, you’ve cracked it 🤣🤣

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Beth I guess we could wrap it in pastry instead of a bun and call it Cheeseburger Wellington. ( with apologies to the Duke 😁 )

Hi Beth,

Cheeseburger pie – sure!  Use ground sirloin and Your favorite cheddar cheese.

Alice

Anonymous

Hi Stevie,

mushy peas

Speak, friend, and enter my house 😉

Mmmmh, mushy peas!

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Mushy peas, chips and pie, love mushy peas, mashed leek and potatoes with hand made faggots from the local butcher’s. xx

Anonymous

Steak and ale Stevie?

Stevie Steiner
          Managing Ambassador

Oh I assumed that ale would be automatically served with that 😂.

Ah, pies! For fruit, a good old fashioned Washington apple with a slice of extra sharp cheddar cheese. For sweet, French Silk with a drizzle of white chocolate, dark chocolate shavings and a dollop of whipped cream.  For meat, beef and vegetables, comfort food.

Beth

Ooo, we forgot a majorly important pie. PIZZA PIE!

🍕

Beth

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Beth Green.
        Anonymous

Now the French one sounds delicious Beth xx

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

Don’t tell Alice, but yesterday, on Cheeseburger day, some friends came round and I made a cottage pie for us to eat. Yummy !

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Well I hope they appreciated your efforts Alice xx.

Anonymous

Lol, Amanda, it’s only an effort if it’s not appreciated !

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Well it’s always nice to know they enjoyed the meal Marti, I would hate anyone to go away and thing “well that was awful”
            xx

Hi Amanda,

Why yes of course!

Alice

Anonymous

Amanda.

a good old fashioned Steak and Kidney pie…mash and mushy peas….with Worcester sauce, omg.

warm Lemon meringue for sweet….is just the best.

snacks???…Cornish pasty or Melton mowbray pork pie with English mustard….mmmmm

chef’s tip….like Ms Bass, I love rhubarb pie too….but my recipe said nothing about actually cutting the rhubarb first!!!…..have you ever seen a pie three feet long and four inches wide????. I couldn’t get the damn thing in the oven😂😂😂

Grace💓💓

Anonymous

Grace I am surprised you haven’t got an oven that big.
        Melton Mowbray pork pie with an English mustard now that and a bottle of brown ale goes down a treat.
        Have you tried an eggnog pie with a caramel rum sauce? Absolutely delicious.
        Lol Amanda xx

Anonymous

aaagghhhh….eggnog…nooo.

it’s only September and Christmas is in the shops already….not having it in my pie!!!!!

Hi Grace,

Easy on the eggnog, now!  Loads of calories.

Alice

You have to order a commercial oven then you could handle it hugs grace ..

P.S. or just join the group coming to my house will be plenty yea ..

Stephanie Bass

I’m not a big pie eater myself. Perhaps I would be in the UK, since you have all those meat pies. Here in the US, pies are usually sweet, and I’m not a big sweet eater. (I like to say I’m already sweet enough).

But this time of year, I would be remiss not to mention Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Pudding Pie, both popular fall options when I was a child.

Hugs,

Elise

Anonymous

I live in Cornwall, so a proper Cornish Pasty (Beef, onion, swede\turnip\rutabaga, seasoning) but I must admit my favourite is a Chicken and Mushroom pot pie with a puff pastry crust. Mash and baked beans.

Puff pastry crust. Sounds like me. Love a good puff sleeve and a piecrust waist.

Connie

xxx

Anonymous

A true home made Cornish dinner plate size pie or pasties, with freshly washed vegetables from the allotment. Mmmmmm reminds me of holidays down on the moors to visit families.
        Hungry Amanda xx

Pizza. My wife makes a nice cottage pie also. I make a lovely cheesecake. But pizza is the best.

Bridgette

Remember fleur de lys pies, proper meat, proper gravy and proper pastry. mmmmmm

They sold the recipe to pukka pies who put the price up and now make them so cheaply they are unrecognisable.

Steak & ale, yuk. pasties, stodgy lumps of pastry with no filling, slurry & gristle pie. All made on the cheap, cheap, cheap.

I would drive 100 miles a month to fill my fridge with proper meat pies, proper gravy and proper pastry.

Any recommendations?

Anonymous

Hi Sally,

I’m not saying there aren’t other good brands out there, but I’m partial to Pieminister pies. They used to turn up to music festivals, and unfortunately always had the biggest queues!

They have a website nowadays and you can order online.

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Sally….

I tried a pukka pie ” steak and minced kidney”

…spot the kidney!!!….I sent one to a CSI lab and they couldn’t find any kidney either….c**p, don’t waste your money.

Grace x

Anonymous

Sally sweetie,
        Try this company.
        https://wessexpantry.co.uk
        Lol Amanda xx

ChloeC
      Duchess

I grew up in the Chicago area on chicken and turkey pot pies as my mother worked (besides my father) and they were easy to buy, heat up, and serve, and as a kid, I had…not much say, so I ate them. Now I’m in Michigan so any of you from around here know what that means – Pasties! (Meat hand pie).   A few years ago, I used to belong to a civic club where we would have dinners is the local hospital dining room (actually not bad food and we got a deal), except when they’d serve Shepard’s pie. Eh.

But!!! My spouse makes a really tasty sweet potato pie that for me any way, beats a pumpkin pie in the Autumn, hands down.

PS.  That’s a very SHORT ‘a’ in the Michigan dish, no gutter talk from me!

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by ChloeC.

I make a sweet potato pie, usually for Thanksgiving, which I had to modify slightly to replace dairy products (butter, milk) with non-dairy products (non-dairy margarine, water).  I use a store bought graham cracker shell.

But on Passover, I can’t use the graham cracker shell, so I make my own shell ,out of matzoh meal, margarine, and cinnamon.

Anonymous

Ha ha, sorry Stephanie, thought that might make you spit your morning tea out and pop those sleepy eyes open
      Absolutely agree with you 100% there is no substitute.

Anonymous

” crustfallen”….love it!!!…

Anonymous

Fray Bentos ” DD ” steak and kidney puds for the big eater….

or ” A ” cups for dieters….where will it all end??

Anonymous

Edible breast forms, could catch on Grace, I mean they do edible panties.
      There only gone and said it, I knew there was away, to link the two.
      “Ha ha” Amanda xx

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?